Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Your own personal demon [darkfunnel/Ame] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Your own personal demon [darkfunnel/Ame] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Your own personal demon [darkfunnel/Ame] - Page 2 Empty Re: Your own personal demon [darkfunnel/Ame]

Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:41 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Your own personal demon [darkfunnel/Ame] - Page 2 6EdIfMt

WIth a small, unarticulated sound, something like a “mhpf”, Hanako followed the demon and her fox girl. In a moment of clarity Hanako realised that she was so used to the enhanced perception she had as a shinigami, as well as the feeling of reiatsu ready at her disposal, that she never consciously noticed it. However, slowly but inexorable like a glacier, a cold feeling crept up her spine and she became brutally aware of all her abilities, however limited they may be, now that she had no access to them whatsoever. She could understand Ikari very well, who seemed to be scared almost out of her fur. Yuukinan’s presence calmed her down, though. The bond the two of them shared was remarkable. Hanako unconsciously touched her own sword. Was there a part of her own soul in there?

I am feeling like a human, Habako thought in the back of her head.

Watching Ikari morph through her various forms, Hanako had again the thought how strange it was, to meet a kitsune. It was a mythical ghost, somewhat surreal. While that was true for demons as well, they, along with the rest of the spirit world, have become somewhat known in the mortal realm. At least a lot of humans knew of their existence. But a kitsune was somewhat rarer, a creature of story and song. She herself had sung of kitsunes in her days as…
Wait? She had what? Sung songs of fox ghosts? Hanako couldn't even sing and she didn't know even one line of a single song. Where was that thought coming from? That was totally wrong. It was as if someone else…

For a brief moment, Hanako felt as if she was watching herself from the outside. Only it couldn't be her, could it?
A wave of vertigo washed over Hanako and she had to grab onto something to avoid making a false step. It passed as fast as it had come.

"Mhm, fresh air is a good sign, I guess." Hanako said, quickly regaining her posture. She looked up and realised what she had grabbed was Yuukinan's shoulder. She quickly withdrew her hand and thanked all of creation for the darkness and that no one could see her blush.

"Erm, let's...let's try the left one." Hanako said, to paper over her embarrassment.

As they entered the tunnel she picked up Yuukinan's comment.

"I wonder even if you were the Rakshasa of Rock Break, if it would do us any good or if we all are reduced to the level of mere humans by this...whatever it is."

She made a vague gesture at their rocky surroundings which was probably invisible in the darkness anyway.

"And on top of that all the weapons we have are swords, if I saw that right. Not much use against rock either. But the air has to come in somewhere. Maybe at least Ikari can morph into something that fits through and…"

Hanako jerked to a halt as if she had hit a wall. Her eyes widened when she had yet another moment of clarity.

"Ikari…" she said slowly. "You can morph. I mean, you can still morph. Yuukinan and I have lost all powers, or so it seems, but you are still able to change your form. Don't get me wrong...but why?"

There was something different about that ability. Something different about a kitsune, obviously. The demon and the shinigami were both more or less powerless souls. But Ikari could still change her appearance as freely as ever. Maybe the kitsune was the one, that could get them all out of here.

Again a strange feeling when Hanako thought about the word 'kitsune', but this time it was only like a word that was on the tip of your tongue or a dream you just woke up from and that was fading too fast to grab and hold on to.

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Your own personal demon [darkfunnel/Ame] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue128100/999999Your own personal demon [darkfunnel/Ame] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Your own personal demon [darkfunnel/Ame] - Page 2 Empty Re: Your own personal demon [darkfunnel/Ame]

Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:29 pm

Photobucket
Yuukinan Asthavon
Rakshasa Of Wrath
The Rakshasa of Slaughter

What Hanako had said caused Ikari to blink in complete and utter confusion. She hadn't even thought about the fact that she COULD still change her form without issue. However, it wasn't like it was unlimited. Ikari and Yuukinan's energy was quite different from that of Hanako's; and quite different from what this trap was likely meant to contain. It made a bit of sense that their powers could still work in minimum; however, Ikari wasn't so certain if she was the "key" to getting them out of this.

"I-I uh... I dunno Hanako, I didn't even think about it. Maybe it's because Yuuki and I aren't as easy to suppress..? I don't know. All I can guess is that our energy is so different. Besides, it's not like Yuukinan and I aren't feeling the effects... I don't think I could conjure up any fire if I wanted to..."

Ikari, the little fox girl, let out a small sneeze before shaking herself; gently rubbing her nose as the continued through the left tunnel; encountering stone, stone, and more stone. Go figure. However, Ikari continued to sniff and sniff as they moved along, trying to get a scent of something; fresh air, mostly. Again, however, Ikari let out an adorable sneeze and rubbed her nose more; groaning as she did. Clearly, such musty air did not agree with her nose. However, Yuukinan looked towards Hanako, who seemed quite surprised at her own revelation, and the demon simply shrugged. It wasn't that terribly simple.

"Even if Ikari could fit through, who's to say she could get the rocks broken? My sword wouldn't break, but I'd rather not find out how well it fares against rocks; but I might be able to smash through some rocks and thin walls if we really need it... I'm sure I can muster up something."

Eventually, however, Ikari came to a stop at what looked to be a sealed cave of sorts; which the fox girl took a sniff at as her two companions likely waited behind her. Ikari soon casually morphed into a rather small fox, and kept sniffing around at the rocks; letting out a small whine right before she changed back to a human and sat down in front of Yuukinan, letting out a mournful moan.

"I think I can smell fresh air from behind that sealed entrance, but I don't know how much debris and rocks are covering that entrance... and even if Yuuki can smash through rocks, shifting or no, that's a lot to do with little energy..."

Ikari let out another whine before Yuukinan started to pet the poor fox girl, the woman's red gaze seemingly piercing Hanako as she looked upon her; not speaking for an uncomfortable amount of time.

"What do you think, Hanako? Any ideas?"

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Your own personal demon [darkfunnel/Ame] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Your own personal demon [darkfunnel/Ame] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:37 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

"I don't know." Hanako said, touching the sealed cave entrance with her hand.
"I just thought that Ikari still being able to change forms meant that at least she wasn't affected in the same way we were."

She turned towards the fox-girl and adressed her directly. The sneeze was so adorable and cute that Hanako almost felt a physical need to pet Ikari.

"I'm sorry if I put pressure on you. I just...I don't know what else to do. As far as I know, no human without spiritual powers is able to break rocks. Not without tools, anyway. I hoped that maybe…"

It was almost fascinating how much it frustrated her, to be this weak, even if it wasn't her fault at all. She turned around again and faced the rocks. In a more or less hopeless attempt to do at least something she drew her sword and tapped the rock with the pommel. She didn't expect to gain anything from it, but she had read novels in which the characters did something of that sort to determine…
Wait a second. It actually did sound different when she tapped the rock in the sealed entrance, compared to the walls next to it. She had no idea what it meant, but it was different. This had to mean that the rock was different, right? Probably. Maybe.

Frustrated Hanako resheathed her sword and pushed against the rock with both her hands. It was an obviously futile attempt, but she tried anyway. She pushed until the muscles in her arms, shoulders and back began protesting. In a last effort, before she gave it up, she concentrated all she had. Just then a faint, nebulous blue glow appeared around her body, like a bright st elmo's fire. In the blink of an eye it was gone again, but it had been clearly visible.

Surprised Hanako looked at her hands.

"Hey...the effect seems to be weaker here. I could feel just a little bit come back. Not much, but...maybe if I use a full incantation…"

She raised her right arm, palm towards the rocks, her left arm supporting it. She'd need something strong to have any effect in her weakened state.

"Take cover, you two, I'll try something."

A deep breath, focus…

"Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Inferno and pandemonium, the sea barrier surges, march on to the south!"

A row of tiny pearls of sweat formed on her forehead. The strain of a full incantation in this state was incredible and her sight blurred a little bit.

"Hadō 32: Shakkaho!"

A dim flash of red light, springing from her palm and hitting the rocks. A low hissing sound.

No explosion.

"Wha..?"

She moved to the sealed entrance. The rock was warm, even hot in some places. But that was it.
With a frustrated moan she sat down, back against the wall next to the entrance. Damn it! She should have known. She had never been very good in Kido, and even in the best conditions useless in the higher spells. Attempting a Hadō high up in the first third...she should have known.

"Should have used Sho...it's weaker, but also easier. And a kinetic blast at the least. However…"

She gestured at the blocked entrance that was still blocked, stubborn and defiant.

"Ah, I wish I could summon barriers. There are some kido spells that can block spiritual pressure. That would probably shield us enough. You don't happen to know any spell of that sort?"

Hanako's tone was dripping with cynicism during her last words. It was clearly anger at her own shortcomings. She couldn't expect Yuukinan or Ikari to know kido, much less exactly the barrier they would need. Hell, she wasn't even that shure that she remembered it right. But she couldn't help and fall back into some of her old habits when dealing with her own failure.

"Sorry…" she mumbled. "I am just no genius at kido and without my full spiritual pressure I don't know what I could do to break this."

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Your own personal demon [darkfunnel/Ame] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue128100/999999Your own personal demon [darkfunnel/Ame] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:08 pm

Photobucket
Yuukinan Asthavon
Rakshasa Of Wrath

A simple nod was all that Yuukinan gave Hanako. It may be hard to interpret, but with Ikari's reassuring smile that everything would be okay, and the fact that the trap's effect did seem to lessen, seemed to get across the fact that it was okay. However, it seemed that blue flicker of light, likely from energy, had given Hanako some form of hope; something that would allow her to carve their path forward and out of this horrid trap.

At the mention that Ikari and Yuukinan should take some cover, Yuukinan could not help but raise an eyebrow at Hanako; meanwhile, Ikari wisely shrunk behind Yuukinan. When in doubt, it was always in Ikari's best interests to stick close to Yuukinan! Which is exactly what she did as Yuukinan did not budge an inch, watching as Hanako recited quite the long incantation; for what Yuukinan realized was a Shinigami Kido. Even though Yuukinan was never a Shinigami, to what information was held in her own memories at least; yet, the words she spoke sounded so... familiar. It was an odd sensation that passed as quickly as it came; especially when Hanako's attempt to blow up the rubble blocking their way came to nothing more than a spark and a fizzle.

All that incanting for nothing. Yuukinan did not say a word as Hanako dropped to wall next to the rubble blocking their only possible escape route. The demon simply watched on as Hanako basically criticized herself for making a mistake that any person could have made. However, the demon simply let out a soft sigh, slowly walking forward. In truth, Yuukinan had only felt her demonic energy lessened by the cave's influences. However, there was a different energy, one far more potent; far more evil. Death's Energy, gifted to all Rakshasa as they serve as the guardians of death in their respective layers of hell. Simply put, Yuukinan had this energy source at her fingertips all the time. However, she was hesitant to use something so deadly in such a simple situation. Hanako would have no idea what it is or was, she probably couldn't even sense it. However, it was still something that Yuukinan did not wish to expose the Shinigami too if possible.

As Yuukinan walked forward, she gently pat Ikari on the head, passing on a silent message as she moved past Hanako; also giving her a pat on the head right before Ikari moved up to Hanako and gave her a warm hug. It was a simple gesture, but one that was purposeful to block Hanako's view. Afterwards, Yuukinan put her hand to the wall of rubble, letting out a soft sigh that seemed to echo far far more than it should have; even for a cave of this size and structure. Soon, Yuukinan started to harness DE and use it to break down the rubble that blocked their exit; crumbling such a blockage into nothing more than dust and smaller bits of stone. Pebbles gently cascaded onto the floor in those moments until breaths of fresh air poured through their newly opened exit. A small gasp escaped Yuukinan as she relinquished control of the rather powerful energy and pretended as if she had done something to break the stone herself; starting to tend, although she mostly let it bleed, to her right hand after purposefully cutting herself on a particularly jagged section of the wall.

"There... all clear. We'll get out of here... Are you alright though? Both of you?"

Ikari gave Yuukinan a satisfied nod, the satisfaction mostly because she was able to hug and comfort someone she found some interest in, and then the fox woman helped Hanako to her feet after she was ready to get up; with the fox soon continuing to lead the way out of the cave.

"Ahhh, Fresh aaaaiiir~! I think we're getting cloose~ Wanna take the lead, Hanako~? I think the rest of the way is a rather straight shot!"

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:00 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako couldn't say what annoyed her more: that she couldn't perform even a mediocre kido, or that she had let her frustration get the better of her. But when Yuukinan patted her on the head, she looked up in surprise, only to see her walk by and Ikari come up to her.

"Wh…" was all she could say when Ikari hugged her. It was so surprising and went through Hanako like lightning.

She wasn't really someone that hugged or git hugged a lot. Never been. She'd always shy away from the social closeness that usually was necessary that hugging became acceptable. It was all part of that spiral that seclusion brought with itself. But in that moment Hanako couldn't deny it...it just felt so good.

Her face was buried at Ikari's shoulder, so that she could smell the strange but pleasant scent if Ikari's body and hair.

'A kitsune.' she thought. 'I am being hugged by probably the cutest representative of the mystic world. What a day.'
While she thought that she ignored completely that she herself was also a representative of that world, being a Shinigami, a death god, and all. But then again it wasn't really important. She lifted a hand and gently petted Ikari's head. It was strangely an immensely relaxing sensation. Not for the fox girl, although Hanako couldn't know if it was or not, but for Hanako.

Her face being against Ikari's shoulder had also the effect that she couldn't see what Yuukinan was doing. She had heard the sigh and the echo, but thought nothing of it. Only when she heard pebbles rolling over the floor and felt the air moving did she look up.

Only to see an opening in the wall were only a few moments ago rock had been.

"Wait...did you...incredible, how did you do it?" She asked, continuing to hug and pet Ikari for a few seconds, before she stood up with Ikari's help.

She looked into the opening and then back at Yuukinan.

"Yeah, I think...I think we're alright. I guess you weren't as badly affected as I was…"

Hanako said, her voice trailing off. Sure was how it looked, although she hadn't felt anything. So if the demon had concentrated her powers, Hanako somehow had missed it.

She looked at Ikari.

"Yes, sure." She answered, smiled a bit unsure and took the lead.

The way really was pretty straight from now. It was a narrow passage. It went downwards to the right, but only a few meters until it was blocked by a rockslide. To the left it climbed steadily, and the draft was coming from there.

After a while the trio came to a bigger cave, more than twenty meters in diameter and at least ten high, although the ceiling was lost in darkness. And at last they could see daylight.

"An exit!" Hanako called out, but fell silent immediately. Yes, there was an exit, but it was blocked...by a web. A web that looked like…

"Spiders web?"

It sounded unbelieving, especially because the single strands were so thick that she could see it from across the cave.

She started to cross over to the exit, but came not far when a really unpleasant voice could be heard.

>>Aaaaaiii don't believe iiit. I had thought no one would ever come through here again, after the passage collapsed. Such a nice trap. Many, many souls that couldn't resist me. But now you are here. And I am soooo hungryyyyy.<<

And from the ceiling came crashing down a spider-like think, a bloated body on long legs that ended in sharp scythes. On it's head sat a bone-white mask with a mouth that looked like it had been sculpted by an axe. Drivel ran from it's corners.

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:39 am

Photobucket
Yuukinan Asthavon
Rakshasa Of Wrath

While Yuukinan was reducing the blockage to mere rubble and dust, Ikari was obviously enjoying herself hugging Hanako. If you could say one thing about the little fox, she absolutely ended up loving most of the people she and Yuukinan met. If anything, Ikari was the main reason why Hanako wasn't dead; in multiple ways at this point. Eventually, Yuukinan let out a small sigh when Ikari let go of the woman and Hanako took the lead; moving the group towards the exit that Ikari had sniffed out.

However, their exit seemed to have been blocked by what appeared to be rather large web; that of a spider. Yuukinan raised an eyebrow as she saw it, then soon watched as a hollow dropped from the ceiling of the cave; likely cracking the stone below it. However, when it spoke, Yuukinan could not help but let out an exasperated sigh. This close to escape, and something just had to rear its ugly head; literally. Frankly speaking, it was starting to piss her off. For The Rakshasa of Wrath, containing ones anger was impossible. Which was when Hanako would likely notice a rather aggressive change in Yuukinan.

Even if the woman couldn't sense energy quite as well in this area, Yuukinan's entire being was radiating intense, palpable, hatred and anger; something that could be surprising for a woman who had been extremely calm this entire time. Then came the sound of metal escaping a rather tight sheath; and a small snarl of anger escaped Yuukinan.

"Hungry...? H̙̻̪̠̕Ù̘̩̖̙͎̳N͎͇GR͏̞͖̰Y̡͕!̭͔͖͓̜̘̭͜?̲͚͇͓͚͙!̧̺͙?̹͓͎̟!̼̥̗͕?͓̰̬̣͡"

Yuukinan took a step forwards, her anger growing with every step she took; and with Ikari retreating and grabbing hold of Hanako and practically pushing and dragging the woman to cover. Yuukinan's anger hadn't spooked Ikari, in fact the fox looked excessively bored when the hollow dropped down from the ceiling; but the sight of her enraged companion told Ikari that Hanako needed to be covered in her presence or Yuukinan may try to kill her too.

"Nope, nope, nopenopenopenope!"

"HUNGRY? YOU. CAN. JUST. S̴̨̛͕͖̪̭̭̯̫͕̩̯̗̲̬̱͕̠̕͢T̴̨̨̳̩͔̪̭̩͎̦͖̳͖̠͇̪̰́ͅA͏̷͏͎̼̫͇͖̱̮͇̩̳͎̰̺͔͕̟ͅͅR̨̛͇͓̼̺̥̠̕͝V̢̛͔͕͍̣͙̬͙̀̀E̶͉̗̬̯͓͔̫̣̣͜͢͟ͅ!̴͟͏͉̱͈̤̥̘͈̦̲̞̜̹̼̦"

With what appeared to be a blind rage, Yuukinan plunged forwards towards the hollow; her entire being radiating enough anger, and even death, that even this hollow could be cowed by the sheer intensity of such force, such raw anger. However, as she moved, she had flung her coat at Hanako; which the woman would soon realize was not a regular coat. Especially when the coat literally felt like it was part of Yuukinan; which was surprisingly less unnerving than the sudden rage and feelings of death and doom that were escaping Yuukinan. Simply put, the enraged demon forgot her slight hesitance to use DE. Instead, she was bearing the power to slaughter this hollow.

A forward rush that was blindingly fast to Hanako, and maybe a bit too fast for that hollow, as Yuukinan swung her blade. In the flash of steel, and a grisly rend, Yuukinan had cut off one of the hollows scythe legs; drawing her sword back from the strike the deliver a small cut on the side of the hollow. However, the cut would fester. It was not a normal cut, and even the hollow's wound seemed to fester much like it's other wound would. Soon, parts of the areas around the wound started to burn from acid; likely making the hollow howl in pain. Yuukinan growled as she soon continued her relentless assault on the hollow; intending to not let it live. They were so close to leaving, and Yuukinan was absolutely fucking done with being in this dark, dank, power suppressing, cave; and she hadn't killed something in hours. Maybe this would help.

"J̢͕̰̤͎͕ͬ͛ͣ̚̕͠͝U̡̳̖̖͈̰̝̫̰̲̗̣̘͖̲̬̺ͧ̊̐ͦ̓̿̿̿ͧ͢S̳͈̘̟̥͚͓̜͍̠͔̗̬͙ͦ̊͒ͨͦ̏̅̊ͪ̇ͪͪ̀̚͘͢T̛͓̥̙̤̘̹͖̠̙͕̅̔ͣ̊ͪ́̌̓̾̾͗̿͡ ̶̵̧̲̝̞͓̮̘͕̗̼̩̹͉̩̣̮̗̐̽͛̌̎̑̽̾͟͠D̴̢̧̝̦̹̖̗̹̐̇ͩͮ͆ͬ͋͋́͟Ǐ̵̅̂̾͟͏̶̛̖͓͉E̢͆̄͒͊ͭ̏ͫ̉͋̎ͣͪ͏̸̦̲͖̫̤̹̻̫͈͇̙̞͉͓ ̷̷̠̦̳̜͌̃̽ͣͫ̔ͭ̈͒͌A̵͇̭̝̭̫̳̩̰̻͉̟͚̪̥̭̲ͯ̈́ͩ̋̿̓͝͡͡͝ͅL̎ͫ̿͛ͯͬ̓ͨ̆͗̆̌͑͗͐ͣ̈͜͏̣̠͉̦͔Ṛ̷͇̺̻̫̞͇̹̫̮̣̺̠̳̪̞̹̒ͧͫͤ̐͢͡͠͡È̔͋̅͛͏̷̢̬̮͙͈̙̣͓͕̲̭̤Å̴̡̨̝̲̻̻̲̳̼̟̘̱̼̩̯̩̖͙̫̹̭ͦ̉̃̃͌͛͜͞D̵̛̛͓̝̯̭̠̦̗̺̻͖͇ͦ̊ͪ̈̒̍ͭ͐͐̾̅͋̄ͫ̿̋̀͂͝͞ͅY̸̑̂ͮ̃̇͒͋̅ͩ̓̄ͬ̀̉̾̈́͌̃҉̶̭̳̞̪̜̯̙̺͔̟̳̗̠̭͓͘"

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:36 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

As soon as the spider-hollow touched the ground, Hanako’s sword lay in her hand. In an instinctive reaction she had drawn her weapon, mad herself ready.

And then Yuukinan started to lose it. There was no other description that Hanako could think of at this very moment. It was like a dam was broken and energy flowed out. Massive, immense energy. But it wasn’t your regular, garden variety spiritual pressure, it was darker, menacing. And she could feel it, here, in this cave where she herself had lost almost all her abilities.

Before she could take a step towards the enemy there was Ikari again, grabbing Hanako and pulling her away.

“Ikari!” Hanako cried out in anger. “What are you doing? I need to help Yuukinan…”

She fell silent when Yuukinan’s coat flew towards her and she caught it with her left hand, while the demon plunged forward. She attacked with such excessive rage and power, with such a lust for killing that Hanako was stunned by it. For a moment she forgot to resist the kitsune, which Ikari in turn used to pull her to cover.

With a bewildered expression Hanako looked at the coat in her hand. It didn’t feel like a coat, not at all. It actually felt as if Yuukinan were lying in Hanako’s arms.

“Ikari, what is this?”

The question meant the coat as well as Yuukinan’s outburst. Maybe this was totally normal for a demon, but it wasn’t for Hanako. It was especially this sudden and drastic change in personality.

The Hollow was done. He was done from the very first moment, from the second he touched the ground on his fate had been sealed. Only that he didn’t know. He still tried to resist, to fight, despite having lost a limb and getting cut again and again and again. Some painful memories surfaced, memories of Hanako caught in the illusion of getting cut up in a similar fashion. She felt indeed sorry for the Hollow. She knew what they were, what they had been before they turned. Even if they had probably done unspeakable things after their turning, it could all be erased with one well placed hit of a shinigami’s Zanpakuto.

She leaned a bit out of her cover. As far as she could tell, and that was mainly by eyesight at the moment, the Hollow was one of the lowest class. His height and shape were indicators for that, as well as his seemingly only barely controlled hunger and the fact that he had chosen to hunt via a trap that suppressed spiritual powers. Under normal circumstances even for her this one would have posed no problem. However now...Hanako might not like it, but at least a small portion of her consciousness had to agree that it maybe was a good idea to sit this one out.

Suddenly the head of the Hollow, or what was left of it, jerked around and locked on Hanako and Ikari. Damn, she had leaned out too far and it spotted her. With a blood-freezing cry it plunged forward, much faster than it should have been able to.

Suddenly Hanako was very conscious of Ikari next to her. Her carelessness had put her into harm's way. It stirred an anger of her own, made her face feel hot. Her eyes narrowed, her perception sped up and she stopped thinking about what ifs. She reacted.

With a quick sliding step to her right Hanako positioned her right in front of the kitsune. Her sword was on her lower left. A little bit of light fell onto the shining blade and made it gleam like a cold winter’s morning, a hard and icy light, the same as the one in Hanako’s eyes.
Then the Hollow was in front of her, his mouth wide open, his eyes mad with pain. In a flash the cold light streaked across his face when Hanako performed a large diagonal slash, splitting the weakened Hollow’s mask with one hit.

With one last cry it fell to the ground and began to dissolve immediately. For one heartbeat Hanako remained in her position, the sword high in the air, then she lowered it, pointed it towards the Hollow. But there was no need anymore. She had hit it just right. It’s body vanished, turned to ash, which in turn dissipated in an air current that was not of this world. His mask vanished last, then he was gone. With a sigh she lowered her sword and looked in Yuukinan’s direction, wondering how she would react.

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:51 pm

Photobucket
Yuukinan Asthavon
Rakshasa Of Wrath

"Nope, no you don't! If you even try, she might kill you too! Stay close to me, dammit!"

As Ikari dragged Hanako into cover, and Yuukinan made the hollow scream in further pain and sorrow, likely cutting off a few more limbs while she fought it; maybe gaining a good cut or two as well, Ikari seemed to have gained an upper hand when Hanako got completely and totally surprised by the coat, and by Yuukinan's vast anger and blood lust. The little fox used her weight, and some strength, to try and keep Hanako down while the cave slightly shook from the battle; and from Yuukinan's outraged cries.

"It's a Dagi Tvaca; a tainted skin! It's literally a part of Yuukinan; think of it like a seal of sorts. That's why it feels like her."

Ikari gently takes the jacket, which did completely look like a jacket, even on the inside, but it still did feel like Yuukinan. Ikari put it on while trembling a little bit; but having the jacket on seemed to calm her. She was okay with Yuukinan getting angry, but it always seemed to make the fox girl shiver unless she had Yuukinan's coat on; if she wasn't with the woman at least.

"R̸̡̨̧̫̻̯̙̩͖͚͕̲̭̻̳̘̹̗̖̙̱͈̺̠͙̗̯͈͍̣̟̎̽͑̈́͌͐̀̄͗͌̈́̀̉̒̋͊́̓̀̉͋͛̏̃̍́̑̆̈́͛̎͊͘̕͜͝ͅĘ̸̛̺̦̩̙̤̗̜̬̳̮̤̫̲̭̖̋̑̽̀̇̊́̾̅̕͝N̸̨̨̧̜͕͓̙͉̲̮̩̳̙̖̳̘͉̹͕͇̮̪̬̺͚̳͇̦͕̭̘̠͔͙̱̜̾̐̌̈́͊̋͋́̍̊̄́͐̓̐͋̅́̾̊̈́͘̚͝͠Ḑ̸̧̛̼͕̗̱̰̖͇̼̠̺̳̻͉̦̜͙͖̖̜̪̰̬̖̜̗̎̆̅͌̋̾̅̍̑̊̃͑̽͊́̒̇̍̃͛̀́͛̎̀̅̂͆͊̓͛̕͘̕͝͝͝͠͝ͅ!̸̧̛̛̗͇̬̯̣̺͙̫̪͖̱̳̲̲̘͛̾̆̑̏̊̓̄̏̐̾̋͋͐̆͌̌̌̆̊̌̕͝ ̴̧̡̧̢̡̬̣̳̹͕̹̼̳̩͍̦͉̩̩̺̻͉͚̗̝͚͓͍̭̻͚̩̭̣̠̜͈̰̤̭̠̀̊͒̔̾͂̎̽̔́̿̋̃͌̾̕̕͘̚ͅͅͅK̴̡̢̧̻͇̗̭͓̙̖̞͈̖̪̦̗̣̥̝͎̖̑͗̉͐́͋̔̋͐̈̊̈́̅̋̂̄̈́̉̾̒͆͌̎̇̽͛̎̔̾͊͗͐̊̈́̔̐̚̚̚͠I̸̘̰̭͙̞̫̋̈́̈́́̾͆͑̇͗̆̒̏̀̆͐̉̓́̀͒̀̽͆̈̀͑̆̒̀̈́͒̍͘̕͝͝L̸̢̨̢̫͓͔̱͙͇̞̰͓̯̱̖̤͈̯̤͖̞͇̬̤̥̬̮̤̦̣̟̪̮̘͕͉̻͕̮̭͉̻̥̲͔̉͑͛͂́͌̍̋̔͗͋͋͛̍̈̈́̇̏̔̍̑͌̑̅̈̚̚͝͝L̶̨̦̥̹͓̟̼͚̦͖̯̪͉̼̖̜̮̐̒̈̂͒̅̋̊̐̑͗̌̑̾͑!̴̧͖̬̰͔̪̫̹͙̻͓̜̰̺̖̫̟̟̬͔̺̱͉̤͖͕͕͚̯͚̄͒̎̓̃̾̉̽̽̈͊̆̀̊̀̋̈́̌͌̅̿̒̒̄͐͋̀̍̍̓̕͜͝͝͝"

"Yuukinan's a Rakshasa of Wrath, Hana; why do you think she's been so calm this entire time? She has very little access to other emotions; but a nigh infinite well of pure rage. The blood lust... well, maybe it's part of it; but as far as I know, it's something that's completely separate from her rage. THe main point is, stay here, with me, and you'll be fine. She can't tell friend from foe when she's this angry; but being near me will keep you safe. So, I love how brave you wanna be; but pleaaaaase just stay here!"

After Ikari finished her explaining, Hanako leaned out of the cover some, with Ikari whining in protest; but the woman hadn't left her, so she couldn't do much more than protest gently. At least, that was until the hollow turned its head towards the weaker party and made a bee line for Ikari and Hanako; catching Yuukinan by surprise with what was basically a hip check. It put Yuukinan off balance long enough for the hollow to move towards Hanako and Ikari; long enough to make it's move. In that moment, Yuukinan felt an abstract fear for Ikari's life; one that caused her anger to spike even more. So much so, she hadn't really noticed that the hollow's life was fading. She couldn't care less, Ikari was in danger, which was made clear with the frightened squeak that came from the Kitsune.

A flash of a blade that followed Hanako's, and Yuukinan's sword had been impaled into the stone next to Hanako's head; and Yuukinan was face to face with Hanako. It may be quite unnerving to have a woman engulfed by rage right in front of you. However, something interesting happened. Yuukinan tilted her head at Hanako, her red, unfocused, eyes staring through Hanako for a few moments before they started to clear; her red gaze truly focusing on Hanako. In those moments, Ikari had leapt up and started to gently push on Yuukinan's side; trying to help convince her that Hanako wasn't a threat.

Yuukinan's hand raised slowly, towards the woman's throat, no towards the woman's head. Perhaps Hanako thought the worse of the situation. However, a small smile soon adorned Yuukinan's face. She gently patted Hanako's head, carefully removing her sword from the wall and away from Hanako; sheathing the blade silently while she continued to pet the woman. It was probably an odd few moments, since Yuukinan was completely silent during her time petting the woman; however, her voice eventually came to.

"Thanks... for protecting Ikari."

Yuukinan held up that smile and the pets for a few more moments before her attention was drawn to the fox punching her side; who soon yanked Yuukinan into a rather big hug.

"Dummies! The both of you! One of you gets really mad and could brought the cave down on us; meanwhile, the other tries to get eaten!"

Ikari sniffled as she now hugged both Yuukinan and Hanako. Soon, however, Ikari relaxed a bit, and took off Yuukinan's coat; giving it to her so Yuukinan could put it back on. Which she did, the red marks that were once adorning her skin soon faded away until there was no reminder of such marks. Yuukinan also sighed softly, stretching her aching body. She took a few blows, and only her clothes really reflected the damage now; thanks to Yuukinan's own regeneration and DE. Soon, she pet Hanako again, and then Ikari.

"So... we have a large spider web blocking our way out now; any ideas?"

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:16 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako’s eyes widened with surprise when suddenly Yuukinan’s face was right in front of hers, their noses almost touching. It was almost as if she had traded places with the Hollow, although she just had rushed through the dissolving spirit body. And suddenly she was there, absently staring right through Hanako. She moved her head ever so slightly and looked to her side. She felt her heart skip a beat. Yuukinan’s sword was only millimeters away from her head, driven with such force that it was sticking inside the rock behind Hanako. She sure hoped that the demon hadn’t missed by accident. If Yuukinan could muster such strength even when robbed of most of her conventional spiritual energies, it wouldn have made much of a difference if Hanako’s head had been between the blade and the rock. When Yuukinan slowly raised a hand, Hanako was expecting to get strangled right then and there.

Then a smile appeared on Yuukinan’s face and it was one of the most adorable ones Hanako had ever seen. Suddenly the person in front of her was someone totally different, like flipping a switch. The raised hand also didn’t try to strangle the shinigami, but patted her head. When Yuukinan thanked Hana for protecting Ikari, all fears finally melted away and she could return the smile.

“Of course.” she said finally and you could hear the relief in her voice.

But also the weight of the words. She hadn’t thought about what she did when she did it. If she was putting her life on the line didn’t matter in that moment. She just knew there was an enemy attacking, a desperate, ultimately futile attack, but a danger nonetheless. And she knew there was Ikari. She had no idea of the abilities of the fox girl, aside from her sense of smell and her shapeshifting abilities, didn’t know if she could defend herself. But that didn’t matter to Hanako either. She knew she could. So she did.

Now Ikari was hugging both women and they were standing together for a while. Hanako started softly patting Ikari and when she spoke she was surprised how soft and caring her voice was.

“It’s okay, Ikari. It’s my job to do that.”

She smiled at the kitsune.

“Not getting eaten, that is. I mean purifying Hollows. And I couldn’t let it get to you, now could I?”

It was heart-warming how much Ikari cared about her partner and that she included Hanako as well. It made for a strange mix of emotions in Hanako, with everything that happened.

When, after a while and some more gentle petting, Yuukinan asked about the spider’s web, Hanako was grateful for something practical to think about. She took a step back and held up her right hand, which up until she had held carefully away from her and the others. It still held her sword. She looked at the others and simply shrugged. What was there to lose?

She approached the web and took a look at it. The main strands were pretty thick but didn’t look too durable. So she raised her sword and swung it at one horizontal strand.

The sound it made was like a ‘twaang’. It was as hard as steel cable. Surprised Hanako looked at the web, then at her blade, then again at the web, closer this time. Ah, it was harder than it looked, but not hard enough. her sword was unscathed, but a little notch had appeared in the web strand. So...it could be done. Not fast and it would be strenuous, but it could be done. With a grunt, the meaning of which was hard to decipher, she positioned herself. She grabbed her sword properly with two hands, took a stable stance, raised the blade slowly over her head...and pulled it down with full strength in a wide slicing blow. And again. And again. And again.

It took a total of five hits to the same spot, with precise and powerful slicing moves, to cut one of the main strands. And there were many, since there were multiple layers of web. So many in fact that Hanako actively avoided counting them. It would only depress her.

It was hard work and it was slow work and soon sweat began to run down Hanako’s arms, her face and her neck, disappearing somewhere between her breasts. But they came forward steadily.
Panting Hanako cut and cut and cut. It was not bad as a training, but after a while Hanako began to think of a certain technique. Her work was so monotone that she could easily visualise what she would like to do if she only had access to her spiritual powers. She’d concentrate energy, channeled it through her arms and hands, into the blade and release it in the same moment she cut…

With an icy-blue flash a crescent shaped energy blade flew from Hanako’s sword and cut through the last strands.

“Oh...looks like I have my powers back.” said Hanako and walked into the open air, sheathing her sword satisfied. Absentmindedly she wiped sweat from her brow.

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:15 pm

Photobucket
Yuukinan Asthavon
Rakshasa Of Wrath

Ikari was glad that everyone was okay. Yuukinan may be a tiny bit roughed up, but she was perfectly fine despite it all. Ikari herself, meanwhile, was only shaken; and it appeared that Hanako was alright as well. Even if Yuukinan scared the living crap out of her and probably made the woman think she was going to get strangled to death. Soon enough, however, Hanako moved forward from the two, with Ikari bawling a bit on Yuukinan; the demon petting and hugging the little fox. Indeed, Ikari was probably being dramatic; but having a hollow running straight for you isn't exactly the most pleasant experience. Regardless, the pair soon began to watch Hanako carve her way through the webbing.

Yuukinan slowly walked up behind her, feeling the fresh air slowly start to increase as time went on. Eventually, Hanako appeared to have regained enough of her powers to do more than just hack at the webs with her sword alone; sending a crescent of energy through the webbing. Yuukinan looked on silently, meanwhile Ikari realized that such a thing meant the cave's influence was lessened greatly; which caused the little fox to jump for joy, and light the web on fire with her Kitsunebi.

"Yayyyyy~! Screw this fucking cave let's gooooo~!"

Ikari grabbed onto Yuukinan and Hanako's hands, not caring if the two were ready to move as fast as she wanted to; pulling them along as she began to move outside of the cave. She was wholly intent on leaving this stupid place as fast as possible. Dark, dank, caves were not her style! Finally, she saw the light at the end of the tunnel, and practically dragged Hanako and Yuukinan into the open, fresh, air. The little fox squealed with delight, hopping up and down as she turned into a fox; albeit this fox form was close to the size of a large dog, perhaps more like a wolf in size. She bounded around and wagged her fluffy tails to and fro. Eventually, ikari finally calmed down; morphing back to her human form and flopped onto the grass in front of Yuukinan and Hanako.

"I don't wanna be in a cave ever agaaaaaaain."

In such moments of Ikari's goofy nature, it was quite hard for even Yuukinan to not crack a small smile, watching her companion bound around in such excitement. Eventually, however, she moved to sit down next to Ikari, petting the girl on the head between her ears; something that earned some rather loud purrs from Ikari. Eventually, Yuukinan's gaze stole towards Hanako, peering at the woman who was likely panting a tiny bit after getting dragged out of that cave by a very excited fox girl.

"What now, Hanako? We could leave the forest together, so that we're all safe together; unless you still have business to attend to here. Ikari and I were simply wandering. I have no issue leaving this forest behind."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum