Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Distant Horizons - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Distant Horizons - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Distant Horizons - Page 3 Empty Re: Distant Horizons

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:44 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Distant Horizons - Page 3 6EdIfMt

Although Hanako tapped into her power reserves, she held back most of it. After all, this was only a sparring. Or at least she hoped it still was. Also, she still had the remark about the unique abilities of Takehiko from her Captain in her ears.

Quickly, before the smoke dissipated completely, she gave Amon a sign, suggesting that he circled around Takehiko and into his back. She would try to distract him.

Again, she wasn’t sure how the battle prowess of her comrade was. She hadn’t been expecting to fight inside the healing corps compound or else she would have looked through his file and met up with him earlier to talk strategy. Something she would have never done earlier, but as they said, one grows with experience.

The smoke was already almost completely gone. Kido really wasn’t her forte.

With force she pushed off, but used no flash step. The air sang when she cut through it with her sword.
She could have used a multitude of techniques, could have even released the sword. It might have even worked to draw Takehiko’s attention even better. Yet it didn’t seem appropriate.

With short and precise blows she attacked Takehiko. They weren’t very powerful but fast. The shining metal of the blade flashed when she moved it through the air. If it worked and Takehiko would take the bait, this would be the opportunity for Amon to act. And he would have to act quickly, because it wouldn’t be long before Hanako’s counterpart would realize, that her blows wouldn’t connect, even if he did nothing, and were just meant to draw his eye.

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]

Anonymous

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:16 pm

FILLER TEXT HERE

Artist: Carrotwine - Song: Dark Side Of The Road

His eyes focused on the figure of Yamada-san, for one reason only. Behind him, a spider's web hidden by the Kido spell Kyokko lay waiting for those who went that way. Kido netting acted in a way that would leave someone stuck. He was going to have to show off a few of his own skills. By using a Double Incantation here, he was a strategist and the idea of an attack from his back occurred to him. He'd be pushing his reserves here and using a favorite of the Kuchiki Clan. But it would have to be done, to show proper respect and technique. She was strong, stronger than most so this was his way of respecting a fellow Vice-Captain

"Ye lord! Mask of flesh and bone, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Disintegrate, you black dog of Rondanini!! Look upon yourself with horror and then claw out your own throat! Bakudo 9 Geki! Truth and temperance, upon this sinless wall of dreams, unleash but slightly the wrath of your claws." Hadō 31 Sokatsui He drew the symbol in the air as she came he'd begun part of his incantation. Switching into the Bakudo.

Red energy permeates from his body, rising off him as it shot towards the figure of Yamada-san. Once satisfied with the results of Geki being executed in his incantation. He finished out the next one, raising his other hand up. A blue glow began to discharge from his palm, flames of blue color. They shot out in a torrent at Hanako. If she used her reiatsu, she could bring down any effect of his attack. He'd used a skill that Kido users of his caliber could perform. He was trained by Momo Hinamori so he had some experience in multiple technique casting.

Sokatsui was draining and wasn't quite comfortable yet. But being a Kuchiki he did have experience with that spell. His aunt and uncle favored the spell after all, so education towards it came early. Lowering his hand, he took note of what happened with Amon. He suspected they were being careful due to something Captain Kobayashi said. His Zanpakuto powers were different from normal ones, but that was not viable here. Takehiko stood calmly, his expression hadn't changed despite the display he'd made.

He knew for a fact that Yamada-san and he were both equals in power. He could judge that from experience on the field and getting a sense of her bearing. Hopefully, he could keep his word and not use his Zanpakuto, he had a technique he could use with it. But he would have preferred to not use it on friends.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Blood Knight
Blood Knight
Established Member

Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:53 am
Amon had not noticed until the last minute what Hanako was using the smoke for. It was his cover, and Amon had only seconds to get a move on. Just as she moved into to attack Amon was quick to start moving around Kuchiki to his blind side using the remnants of the smoke as cover. He only hoped it was enough. Outside of fighting maybe two or three weaker Hollows, Amon didn't have the experience to fight other Human-likes in the field, so this could prove definite in that regard.

The young Shinigami was swift and made sure his steps were quiet, that may not have stopped the Vice Captain from detecting his energy but still it was good effort. And then he waited for just a second more once he was in place. Hanako seemed eager to attack however Amon could tell the attacks were feign and didn't pose much threat. Everything was in slow motion for him, waiting and he moved for that opportunity never missing a beat of his steps. And then the opportunity presented itself.

Amon rushed forward in his best speed, his mind made up and his thoughts steeled in place. He would have gone in for a strike at Kuchiki's blindsided however at the last possible second Amon noticed the web of energy behind the man. The young warrior cursed to himself and just before his feet hit the webs he lurched forward, leaping toward Kuchiki. The strike he was going to perform was a no-go, so he adjusted to where his left shoulder was facing front and his blade drawn back for a stab. Amon was going to truck the Vice Captain and in the process possibly score a good hit... Well, maybe a slight cut. On was way out of these people's league, and he'd only hoped to help in some capacity.
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Distant Horizons - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Distant Horizons - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:37 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

There was a downside to feinted attacks: they were feinted attacks. If Hanako had wanted to attack Takehiko for real, she maybe would have been able to stop him from completing his incantation. Maybe. However, if the opponent realised that the blows wouldn’t hit, no matter what he did, and reacted quickly enough…

The red glow caught her, engulfed her body and suddenly Hanako froze on the spot and in the middle of her movement.

‘Huh, so this is what a Geki feels like.’ she wondered, although this really was not the right time to take in new experiences. The paralyzation effect might be complete, but sight and hearing still worked just fine. And with it Hanako realised that Takehiko hadn’t stopped talking.

‘A double incantation!’

Even without a talent for Kido, she recognized some of the words. A Sokatsui? And she was absolutely unable to dodge it. Where was Amon? Could he help? No, he was on Takehiko’s other side. Not enough time. Besides, even Hanako herself wasn’t so sure if she could take a Hadō from a Lieutenant-class Shinigami at point blank, but Amon should definitely not take a chance with this.

All these thoughts raced through Hanako’s head within fractions of a second, and the world around her seemed to be still, for just a tiny amount of time. Then she saw, big, bulky and looming behind and above Takehiko, the shadowy shape of Bakumusha. He just stood there, staring at her from behind the mask. Of course it was just an illusion, as well as the stretched time, but it gave Hanako the motivation she needed.

With a hissing noise the air around Hanako’s body began glowing in an icy blue. Her eyes shone with an inner light of the same colour. The tall woman concentrated all of her energies, gathering it around herself until her whole silhouette glowed in a bright blue light. But only for a second. Then another light, of a more destructive nature, hit her and for a brief moment, she vanished completely in light, smoke and debris.

After a moment, the dust settled and there was Hanako, still standing. She breathed hard from the sudden burst of effort, but calmed down already. On her face was a certain amount of pain visible. Of course. She hadn’t used any techniques to shield her, simply powered up, concentrated all her might to push against the Sokatsui. But she wouldn’t let a bit of pain slow her down, but instead power through it, if needed.

Her Shihakusho was torn on the front of her chest and hanging in rags, exposing the sports bra she wore underneath. The skin on her muscular abdomen had a slight reddish colour.

“We should really define how far we will take this.” she said, her voice a bit raspy but strong.

“Because I could take it a lot farther, but it isn’t something I’d normally do in a sparring match. And because we’re among friends here, we should decide now: Is there a limit, or do we go all out? Before something happens that we might regret.”

If Takehiko and Amon had known her better they could hear from the strained tone of her voice, that she was fighting to maintain her self control. She honestly hoped that Takehiko wouldn’t choose the latter, although a very loud voice in her head screamed to pay him back for the Sokatsui. Aside from that she hadn’t planned on a sparring match at all when she came here, the only way she could gain ground against her counterpart was to release Bakumusha. And this really wasn’t something she should do against friends. Well, except Captain Kobayashi, but that was, of course, a totally different story.

Anonymous

Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:49 am

FILLER TEXT HERE

His eyes looked at her keeping a calm expression until he saw it. She'd not been able to avoid it or taking a large deal of damage. The perfect noble mask he crafted, broke almost instantly. He didn't hesitate when he saw her injuries, running towards her. Offering a bow, he'd not considered how strong that would be. He'd used a double incantation without even thinking about it. He didn't say anything his eyes running over and assessing the damages. Bringing a hand back, his finger snapped and the Kido net vanished from Amon. It had gotten far too intense too quickly. He should have held back more, a level thirty Kido with an incantation. What had he been thinking, to think it was a good idea?

"I apologize, shouldn't have released something that potent, I was certain you'd dodge it or use the power you'd been concealing. Allow me to treat your injuries." There was concern on Kuchiki's face, he didn't know her. But he knew the body extremely well and he'd hurt her more than he ever intended. He didn't know how to say he was sorry more effectively, but his expressions and actions showed it wasn't his intent. He reached down gripping his Zanpakuto, he'd released it and quickly mend her injuries.

"Inhale Kodomaru." He said the words softly, still an expression of guilt and being upset with his actions. He closed his eyes as his Zanpakuto returned to the small pipe again. Bringing it up to his lips he inhaled a bit of air. Feeling his emotions calm, the injury on his back began mending. He'd been cut by Amon's blade despite sprinting off. He released the plume of green smoke around them, beginning to mend the injuries to Yamada-san's skin and any Amon may have gotten. His breathing began to relax again, it was clear that what happened wasn't his intention.

"Yamada-san, I am so sorry, I never intended to hurt you to this degree. I have no excuse for this, all I can do is hang my head in shame before you." He said softly, as he kept his head low trying not to act childish about it. His emotions would have run a mile a minute, but this was what he could do.

"In exchange for my failure, how about I reveal to you my Zanpakuto's nature? " He said softly, acknowledging that this had to be made right. He imagined both of them had figured out, this pipe could do more than green. He waited for a response, when getting one he'd explain it further.

"Kodomaru is a Zanpakuto that uses incense to heal allies and confuse enemies. By creating a smell that affects the five senses. It is able to influence them based on the choice made by me. For example, there is red smoke that can be used. This one affects the sense of touch. If you wish to experience it, I can treat anything caused by it right away." He could only pay them with information on his Zanpakuto.

He didn't have anything else to give them, nothing fancy that would help them. The scent he inhaled from his Zanpakuto was rapidly calming him and his nerves. Bringing back the mask of serenity he wore. Among allies especially, it helped him with many things. But now he had earned some ire for going so far against Hanako. His digits held on to Kodomaru, waiting to see what they choose. Because it was a Zanpakuto of the five senses at the end of the day. Influencing them through the smell of a person.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Blood Knight
Blood Knight
Established Member

Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:39 am
It took Amon a split second to figure out that the double incantations were dispelled, however his leap over the now-missing web of power was for nothing. Amon had quickly redirected his initial attack, a leaping tackle then stab, to where he landed on one foot with the front of his body skidding awkwardly pass Kuchiki. He felt the attempt was wasted now but knew he could have made the hit... Well, the guy probably could have done one of those stereotypical bad-guy moves in the anime where he catches Amon by the throat. That didn't happen. Instead what happened was the you g Shinigami caught his footing and quickly regained balance before sheathing his Asauchi.

And then there was an apology he felt was more aimed at Hanako, which, Amon didn't take any damage at all. He exhaled some held air and approached the much stronger pair and just listened. Hanako seemed winded if not hurt taking a point blank blast like that, and she most likely toughed it out. Amon however felt guilt in the fact he didn't catch on to her smoke effect earlier until it was close to too late, and she wouldn't have had to go in for obvious feint flurry attacks. The Vice Captain wouldn't have had much time to do much for an attack had Amon taken the hint much earlier, and it made him feel useless. He'd need to apologize to Hanako after this, hell, after this he would be lucky if anyone would want him to tag along after this incident! Oh, the self doubt!

Amon nodded as he listened to Kuchiki. He was interested, his eyes wide with surprise at the ability of the Zanpacto or at least the numerous capabilities it had! Hell, he wondered if he could do his Asauchi like that, then again it isn't a pipe so chances are very low. That was later with experience. He turned to Hanako then back to Kuchiki who offered to test out the ability for the Shinigami to experience. Amon then said, "Sure! I wouldn't mind."
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:46 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

The sudden change somewhat surprised Hanako. This visit really had turned into a rollercoaster. First talk and tea, then sparring, and now this…

“Uhm...I didn’t mean it like this...really.” Hanako said slowly. She wasn’t exactly sure how to react. If she was honest to herself, the adrenaline just had begun to really flood her system and she was feeling the rush of battle. She wouldn’t mind continuing.

“It...uhm...it wasn’t that bad. Don’t worry about it. I could have continued…”

She watched Takehiko use his Zanpakuto to heal her skin. She touched her belly with her left hand. The skin felt soft as if she had just stepped out of a hot bath. Not even a tiny bit sore.

“Amazing…” she mumbled. “But honestly...I wouldn’t have minded to continue a bit. And I guess Breach-san also.”

She looked at her fellow Fighting Fourth. She might be wrong, but she imagined that she felt a bit of lust for battle from him, too. If so, then it was good.

“ It’s just...I am not really good with kido. You may have realised, even the low-level spells with an incantation weren’t too effective. To hold myself against your Sokatsui I had to use my spiritual pressure at almost peak level for a moment. So...to have any chance against that level I probably would have to release my Bakumusha here. It can do a lot of damage in it’s Shikai form...something I usually prefer not to use against friends. That’s why I asked how far we want to go. But I would have been perfectly fine to continue.”

She now felt the calming effect of the green vapour from Takehiko’s Zanpakuto on her mood. When she realised that she had calmed down and the thrill of the moment was gone she sighed and sheathed Bakumusha again. She imagined feeling a tiny vibration from the blade, as if it had also sighed. Incredibly enough, she didn’t feel disappointed.

When Takehiko suggested that he could demonstrate some of Kodomaru’s other abilities Hanako hesitated. Manipulating the sense of touch...it reminded her too much of an episode not too long ago she would like to forget. But as much as she struggled to remember her past, she couldn’t erase the memories of the illusions she witnessed that day. Incredibly real illusions.
Amon accepted the offer without much thought and Hanako had to give him credit for it. She nodded him her recognition.

“I am not sure. It is...like an illusion or something?” she asked and the scepticism could be heard easily in her voice.
“If so, then I have made some similar experiences in the past and would like to sit this one out.”

Anonymous

Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:43 pm

FILLER TEXT HERE

It was bad enough as it was, that he'd failed to anticipate the power of his skills. His eyes shifted to Breach-san, this was a good chance for him as well. His mouth turned inwards as he smiled. Kodomaru had performed well, once again he cherished this Zanpakuto. The connection to the mother he loved so, now it felt as if she was next to him. He brought a hand to his jaw, both fingers wrapping around it. "Illusion is a good word for it. But it is not in the sense you are thinking, the body has receptors. That act when exposed to smells, these smells can send signals to other parts of the body. These are phantom signals triggered by the sense of smell." He said as he brought the small pipe to his lips. He'd not blow it towards them, but this time he would activate his red incense.

A scent similar to a hot day, one of great humility that could be found in multiple places would be there. "You can breathe it in if you'd like, it will only last one minute. Which in battle if helpful, but for small demonstration purposes equally so." He stepped back from the red smoke remaining, it was the same color as the previously used Kido. So it would have been easy for him to sneak that in. He knew that Breach-san would have gotten him in the back, had he not been careful. It was a troubling fact that bothered him considerably, he was still weak.

He had been planning to take an extended vacation, away from this place. His duties and everything had been bothering him more. He'd likely create a key for people to get those inside that place. Or maybe he'd simply forget that journey and begin a new one. HIs self-banishment to help his Uncle was only part of the journey he'd begun.

His eyes looked at both of them and waited to see what would happen next.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Blood Knight
Blood Knight
Established Member

Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:24 pm
For someone so steadfast yet laid-back, Amon hesitated for a moment. For that two seconds he didn't know why he didn't just go after the smoke, snort it up like a line of coke. The Jokes aside from Amon, he went ahead and took of whiff of the red smoke. It was... Odd, just a summer in the Texas heat when he's been out there for far too long. It wasn't weird in the fact it felt familiar, but the effects that took place.

The Shinigami could feel the humidity, the blaring heat, and somewhere a mixture of humility. Amon then felt a tinge in his right arm, almost a painful stinging that grew but he shown no signs of pain. It wasn't anything spectacular, and then flashes of memory popped in his head. There were things he witnessed growing up he didn't want to, but the same images appeared there, distracting him... And it clicked to Amon. Why didn't the Vice Captain use this? Because he said he wouldn't use the Zanpacto. It would have ultimately changed the way things played out.

After the minute passed the effects slowly wore off. Amon was not too certain if the power of the red smoke was supposed to fade this slowly, then again, it was no different than ingesting another fume. When the effects fully wore off Amon looked to Kuchiki, "That was... Trippy. I can see how that Zanpacto can affect a battle. So all Zanpactos become different like that, yeah? Have you ever seen one that's not a sword?"
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:43 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

When Takehiko released the red smoke Hanako hesitated and finally took a step backward. But the moment of hesitation had been enough that some of the smoke wafted over to her. Planned or not, she inhaled something, only a tiny amount, without realising. At first.

After a few seconds of watching Amon Hanako suddenly realised she had a strange smell in her nose. It was eerily familiar, a bit metallic…
She thought about all the memories she surely as hell didn’t want to relieve, especially not with her sense of touch. She had experienced illusions of that kind, an experience she didn’t wish to repeat.
What was this smell?

And then suddenly she knew. It was the smell of blood. Her blood. And she knew where it came from. She felt where it came from. The mind-numbing pain, in which everything else drowned out. On that special night, when she had walked miles and miles, only half-conscious from pain and blood loss, kept on her feet by a power she would only realise years later. The night she lost her arm.

Slowly Hanako turned her head to the side and down, convinced she would see her right arm torn to shreds yet again. It felt like it was. But there was nothing. Only a small trickle of blood, seeping out from the faint scar, where artificial skin met original skin. And then even that trickle was gone. Gone in a few seconds. She looked up to Amon. He seemed still inside his illusion. She must have inhaled some of the smoke herself, probably only a very small dosage, what was why she came around sooner. Or the shock ended the illusion sooner. Whatever.
Carefully she moved her arm. There was no pain. Everything was as it should, the prosthesis behaving just like a normal arm would.

Although a feeling of relief was washing through Hanako, if any of the other two looked at her in this moment, they would see her tense, the face pale, her right arm pressed to her body and the left hand gripping the sheath of her sword so tight the knuckles became white. Yet she did not make any sound or move an inch.

After a few seconds she relaxed as the last remnants of the illusion faded away. Meanwhile Amon, too, had come out of it.

"It depends..." she began answering his question, but had to clear her throat first. She had studied up a lot about Zanpakutos since she finally began hearing her own's voice.
"It depends if you mean a sealed or a released Zanpakuto." she began again. Her voice was now firm and clear again. This explaining helped to distract her from what she just had felt. If at all possible she didn't want the others to know...

"Sealed Zanpakutos are normally swords. There are some extremes, where they take exotic forms or the owners disguise them as something different, but the majority of them take the shape of some form of sword. Released Zanpakutos are a whole different story. They can take any size or shape, that hasn't necessarily anything to do with their sealed form. The shape of my Shikai, for example, is relatively close to a sword, albeit a strange one to most. But take Kuchiki-san's Shikai, for example. It has nothing much to do with swords anymore. It depends on the Shinigami, and the powers of said Shinigami, what form his releases take. Almost impossible to predict what it will be. I would have never guessed that mi Shikai would be something more or less plant-themed. I couldn't even begin to think what shape my Bankai would be, should I ever achieve it."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum