Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
There ain't no journey that won't change you some [Laskt/Hana] Left_bar_bleue0/0There ain't no journey that won't change you some [Laskt/Hana] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

There ain't no journey that won't change you some [Laskt/Hana] Empty There ain't no journey that won't change you some [Laskt/Hana]

Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:16 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

There ain't no journey that won't change you some [Laskt/Hana] 6EdIfMt

The short days since Captain Kobayashi’s death had been mostly routine. It hadn’t been that long, yet to Hanako it seemed as if at least a year had come and gone since then. Strange, how perception of time changed and how emotions dulled, when there was a job to do. She had considered the Captain a friend, as well as a superior, so the initial shock of his death did hit deep. But be that as it may, there was still a division to run, and the duties of a Shinigami, a Lieutenant no less, didn’t care about shocks or mourning. So the very next day Hanako was back in the fray, fighting the daily battles of her life.

Today, the routine had been broken once already. A message summoning her, by name, to a mission briefing the next day, no further details attached. And the other one came at the very moment Hanako raised a cup of tea to her lips. It was another message. Hanako took a sip of tea and set the cup down before she opened it.

A familiar name practically sprang towards her, from the words of a request for reinstatement. There wasn’t much to consider, not much to ponder. She knew that person quite well and she knew his capabilities. And if he wanted back in, she sure as hell wouldn’t throw any stones in his way. The old file appeared quickly on Hanako’s screen and a short while later a little marker in the file’s header changed: It now showed one word, coloured green:

Active.

A little while later Hanako was strolling over the yard that led towards the living quarters. To some it might have looked like she was just enjoying a walk, a break from responsibilities. However, those who knew her better also knew that she rarely just went for a walk on her own. She either had somewhere to go, or went for a run. If she was just gallivanting, there was probably more to it.

And so it was. Meanwhile Hanako had taken up position in the shadow of a nearby wall, which she now left, after seeing the person she was looking for. It was the person whos file she had set back to active.

“It has been some time.” she said aloud to get his attention. “Welcome back, Laskt Matiche.”

Laskt Matiche, gone for months on a sabbatical, former, and hopefully also new, head of the Vanguard Unit. He had always been a strong fighter and it was a blow for the forces of the Fourth when he left. But at least he did come back. And with him some of the lost strength of the Combat Division.

He was also a fellow seated officer, so Hanako thought it was only right that she would greet him personally.

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]

Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
There ain't no journey that won't change you some [Laskt/Hana] Left_bar_bleue0/0There ain't no journey that won't change you some [Laskt/Hana] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

There ain't no journey that won't change you some [Laskt/Hana] Empty Re: There ain't no journey that won't change you some [Laskt/Hana]

Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:48 pm
There ain't no journey that won't change you some [Laskt/Hana] K31E28s

LASKT

"Faster! Imagine if I was an Arrancar zirsting for your blood, I wouldn't wait for you to finishing chanting zat Kido! And tighten up zat form Michio, zis is a training session not some parade!"

Laskt was, for once, in his element. The shirtless Vizard danced among the blades of the three Shinigami he was arrayed against, the practice sword in his hand a skillful blur of wood and motion. Laskt's strikes were never quite hard enough to injure his three subordinates, but the painful prods to the ribs and to the three's egos were enough motivation for them to continue fighting. Slipping a vertical strike and parrying an overhand, Laskt struck out at Michio's hands, sending the man's blade spinning out of his hands and sliding across the sandy floor of the training grounds. The other two fought brilliantly afterwards, but with one of their number out of the fight it was only a matter of time before they too were defeated.

Surveying the disarmed or otherwise defeated members of the training ground, Laskt nodded once. "I am always available if you zree would like to try your luck again. Please, let me know if I can assist you again." It was a polite, but firm dismissal, and the three Shingami, favoring various parts of their bodies, departed from the training ground. Laskt himself stuck around for a little bit, tidying up the practice blades and allowing himself to fully exploit the rare opportunity to think.

When he had temporarily departed the Gotei on sabbatical, the Vizard Knight had not expected to be gone nearly as long as he had. Perhaps foolishly, the man had expected the mental training and communion with his Inner Spirits to be a relatively straightforward affair. A few fights, and some exercises Ulv had left for him, and perhaps his fledgling Vizard powers could become something that he could rely on in emergency situations. What he had not expected, however, was for Tozat to ambush him the second he had found his isolated spot in the wilderness of Soul Society's outskirts, consuming Laskt and the Hollow both in a desperate struggle for supremacy that had lasted for months. The Vizard's actions at Kakakura Central had weakened the bonds Hvit had helped him forge, and he had ran dangerously close to another possession attempt. Thankfully, Laskt's growing powers, combined with the bonds left by Hvit and his reclusive Zanpaktou spirit had allowed him to persist, if only just. If he was pushed that far again, he suspected that it wouldn't be pretty. Nevertheless, his increased powers were proof that the trip hadn't been in vain. The Vizard spread his fingers, watching as his flames danced among his digits. Laskt had truly come a long way since his days in the Detention Unit, and he had still further to climb.

Distracted by his own thoughts, Laskt jumped as Hanako spoke from the shadows, turning towards the woman with a wry smile. "Madame Hanako! It is truly good to see you again, I was meaning to look you up but I got dragged into zis business by some of my former subordinates." He said, gesturing at the wooden swords he had once recently re-organized. "How has ze Combat Divison been? I only returned a few days ago and I haven't had a chance to get my bearings."

HONORBOUND, EVEN IN DEATH

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

There ain't no journey that won't change you some [Laskt/Hana] Empty Re: There ain't no journey that won't change you some [Laskt/Hana]

Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:47 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako could see that Laskt had changed. Grown. It probably was to be expected. Time did that to you, even if you didn’t actively seek the change. It had a way of finding you, as Hanako herself had experienced. Also, Laskt hadn’t been idle during his sabbatical, as she could see. It would be interesting to see what was new.

“Well, I hoped they would also be your future subordinates when I reinstated you to the Division.” Hanako said with a smile.

However, the smile faded quickly, changed into a frown and Hanako’s expression became stern. She had no idea if Laskt knew about the recent developments. She hadn’t thought about what she said when the words had already left her mouth. It was probably a bad way to greet someone after he had been completely off the grid for months. But to Hanako it was the daily business she had to deal with and for a moment she was angry at herself that she slipped up. It really wasn’t the welcome she had wanted to give to an old colleague. Well, since the damage was now done…

“Walk with me.” she said and beckoned Laskt to follow her, while she sauntered away from the yard into an alley that was less crowded.

“A lot has changed.” She began. She wasn’t really sure how to go at it like a bull at a gate, but it seemed like there was no use in beating around the bush anymore.

“You know, I did the reinstating, because at the moment I am the Acting Captain of our Division. Captain Kobayashi was…recently killed in a duel.”

There, it was out now.

“I apologise, I didn’t want to throw that at you the first time we talked since your return, but since I slipped up earlier… Oh, and please don’t ask me about the details. I don’t really know them myself and Realm Enforcement is still conducting an investigation.”

She shrugged. Maybe it was better to be pragmatic about this, keep emotions out. It made it easier. Although there was no way around the fact that the strongest of the Fighting Fourth was gone.

“Also, I was ordered to a mission tomorrow, so I think it’s probably for the best if we talked now.”

There were a few moments of silence. Hanako felt some of her old insecurities about social situations like this arise again and tried to fight them down.

“The Division itself is it’s shining self, as usual. Maybe even better than when you left it. We kept up the work, always sought out ways to improve. But I still meant what I said: I had hoped your former subordinates could be your subordinates again. If command doesn’t object I would like to reinstate you as Third Seat and Commander of the Vanguard Unit.”

It wasn’t something she would openly discuss with just any member of the Division. In fact only a few, like Amon and Saera knew her thoughts about the matter. But fact was that the Fighting Fourth was severely weakened, and not only because of the disruption of their chain of command. However, if Laskt was to assume his old position he would effectively be her second in command as long as no new captain was chosen, so he needed to know.

“Honestly, you couldn’t have chosen a better time to return. The Captain’s death has been a heavy blow for us. It will take some time to recover from that, even with everything else being in top shape.”

Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:31 am

LASKT

It seemed as if Laskt hadn't been the only one growing over the past year. The Vizard had remembered Hanako as, if not shy, at least a little retiring in nature. He hadn't seen anything wrong with that, the Soul King knew he wasn't in a position to criticize others about getting out more, but it was totally unlike the woman that stood before him now. The confidence that Laskt saw now was not that of a follower, but of a leader. It was good to see his Vice Captain truly settle into her role.

"I would be glad to return to my previous post, zough I must confess I am a little confused. To be blunt, wouldn't I need to talk to Captain Kobayashi about this? Where is he anyways, I've been back for a week and I have not had the chance to say hello!"

Seeing Hanako's face fall, Laskt's customary neutral expression twisted into a frown, his stomach dropping to his shoes. Had his Captain been injured while he was galivanting around Earth and Soul Society? Mutely, the man followed behind his Vice Captain, listening to her struggle to let him down easily. Captain Kobayashi, a man Laskt had respected and sworn his loyalty to as his superior, was dead and buried, and for weeks by the sound of it. He felt self-loathing and guilt bubble up like a volcano about to blow, "should haves" and "could haves" filling his mind. He had failed again, despite his increased power and newfound self-confidence. Would he ever reach a point where those around him would stop dying in spite of his efforts? Laskt's expression grew sorrowful, his voice and body language subdued

"I am....sorry to hear zat. Captain Kobayashi was a good man: he accepted me when I was beginning to pull myself out of my foolishness. Still, if anyone was to succeed him, I believe it deserved to be you. He would have been proud about how you have kept the Fourth togezer."

Laskt looked around them, noticing the tight discipline and training, despite the fact that their numbers seemed slightly reduced. Hanako seemed to be a leader that many would be proud to serve under, and Laskt was no different. He inclined his head towards the woman.

"I would be honored Madame Hanko. If it is alright by you, I would also like to reopen recruitment for my Vanguard. I only accepted volunteers in ze past and I see no reason to change zat policy. Most of my former members have expressed interest in rejoining."

Despite the clear sorrow in his eyes, Laskt still stood straight, staring his new Acting Captain in the eye. He would not have his Vanguard be something that one dreaded to be assigned to. They were the tip of the spear, the best of the best, but also were exposed to the most danger. It was by choice, not obligation, that one gained the title of Vanguard.

"It sounds like we need to bump up training and recruitment zen. It would be shameful if one ze ozer Divisions took over our role simply because neither of us can handle ze bigger threats. While I have grown much stronger, to fully draw upon my strength is.....risky."

While Laskt was no longer a greenhorn Vizard, the decision to don his Mask was still not one he made lightly. The corruption, the recklessness and the raw overpowering want that he felt sickened him, and that was even before he considered the lingering Hollow Reiatsu.

"If I may make a suggestion, why don't we hold a traditional Fourth open training session for ze newcomers? Gauge their strength and perhaps attract a few new applicants?"

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:13 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako looked away for a moment and a small, sad smile flickered over her face, before she returned her eyes to Laskt. Talking about someone succeeding the Captain was…it didn’t feel right. Talking about her succeeding him even less. She would be honoured, should she be chosen, but as with her position as Lieutenant it would at first feel like she didn’t deserve it. Back when Captain Kobayashi first asked her to join him, the feeling of inadequacy on her part was so overwhelming that she worked harder than ever before to earn the spot she was so freely given. On the height of it she barely left her office, except for training, even sleeping there some nights. And then, without realising it at first, they had the Division running smoothly, the daily workload went down and everything settled into it’s space. And Hanako, equally without realising, had also changed. For the better. What had been a conscious and sometimes exhausting effort, and in the beginning more than once a game of pretend, had become a habit and eventually part of her. At least professionally she was now sure where her place was, what her duty was. Privately…that was a different story, though.

Hanako could tell from Laskt’s reaction and his expression that the Captain’s death hit him hard as well. Once again she was reminded how many Division members owed the Captain, saw him as a friend. It occurred to Hanako that the loyalty the Division members showed wasn’t towards her, but to the memory of their Captain. Well, that was okay. She wasn’t all that different and could only hope to lead on in this spirit.

“It…isn’t decided yet who will succeed the Captain. The First Division is investigating the case. If the duel in which he died is ruled as official and orderly…the other one might make a claim. I am just doing my duties as Vice Captain right now.”

Others might have boasted about the ‘promotion’ to Acting Captain. To Hanako, however, it seemed wrong. Even though she was de facto leader of the Division for now, with the title of ‘Acting Captain’ that came with the responsibility, she didn’t want any rumours of her striving for Captaincy to arise, at least not while the investigation was ongoing. It was better to stay with the facts as everyone knew it and wait humbly. Not that Hanako could do anything else, even if she wanted, after the Captain Commander herself had promised an investigation by Realm Enforcement.
Also Hanako hoped that Laskt hadn’t noticed the small pause in her speech, where she almost let slip the name of the Captain’s killer. Alleged killer, that was. And there was the problem. As far as Hanako knew, nothing was certain, because there were no witnesses present. And as long as that was the case, it seemed prudent that no one, except the three members of the Division that already knew, learned her name yet. However, as Hanako would learn in the not so distant future, the precaution was fairly unnecessary*.

“The Vanguard performed quite well in the past. Lead them as you see fit. As long as the Vanguard Unit fulfils its duty and I don’t have to bother with any paperwork from personnel complaints you can use whatever methods work.”

It was an honest assessment from Hanako. She could think of several incidents from the top of her head where Laskt’s Vanguard had deployed basically on a moment’s notice and performed extremely well. If this had been because of Laskt’s policies and methods she’d fully agree with him: no reason to change anything.

“A good idea.” Hanako said and nodded when Laskt suggested an open training session.
Funnily enough, such an open ‘training’ session had been the reason she left the Fourth after first joining it, reapplying for the First. However, somehow she had a hunch that this wouldn’t go down as the session back then had. She couldn’t imagine Laskt actively trying to kill new recruits.

“I would like you to be mainly responsible for this. I am to attend a mission briefing tomorrow and frankly have no idea what mission this will be or how long it will take. I would very much like to be present, but just in case it takes longer than I hope…”

She shrugged. It was, aside from everything else, one of the occupational hazards of being a Shinigami. There were long periods when nothing happened and everyone went on about their daily business, strictly 9 to 5. But every once in a while one would be called into a briefing without so much as a hint on what it was about and no way to plan. Yet another reason Hanako was glad Laskt had chosen this exact time to come back and retake his Third Seat.

*From hanako’s point of view this thread is before her fight against Elyss.

Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:37 pm

LASKT

Laskt felt his respect for Hanako rise a notch as the woman spoke. He had seen so many Shinigami desperately scrabble in the muck of division politics, slandering and disparaging one another just to get a chance at a Seated Position or a Vice Captaincy. To not immediately gun for a Captaincy that one was already in second in command was a choice not many would make. To take up all of the duties and none of the benefits even less. Laskt's posture altered subtly as the man gazed at his vice captain with a new curiosity.

"Zat is fair, it would spit on Captain Kobyashi's memory to simply replace him so quickly. If ze one who killed him wants to make a claim, zat is their choice of course. However, it would make me much more comfortable to have someone from within the Divison to take the position instead of an outsider. In ze mean time however, if I can help pick up the slack in any way....."

Laskt let the statement trail off. He didn't want to appear like he was overreaching his authority, but he also didn't want his new Acting Captain to drive herself into an early grave. Managing an entire division was hard enough in peacetime, let alone the endless paperwork and decisions that went into keeping the Combat Division functional in such a chaotic time. Laskt was honestly impressed that the woman had lasted this long without the authority and prestige of an actual Captaincy, he didn't think he would have lasted a week in her place. Hopefully the First Division completed the investigation soon so they had a Captain's authority to keep the more...unruly members of the Division in check.

"I will begin preparations for it at once then. I do not think we need a session as intense as the ones we have both experienced. While our Seated Members do need some tempering, I feel as though pushing them too hard this early will only worsen our manpower problem. Ze more high-intensity sessions can wait until I have zeir measure. Do you have any recommendations for who I should choose?"

While Laskt saw the benefits of the live-fire exercises he had experienced under previous Captains, such things were best reserved for those that had volunteered and were familiar with their instructor. Beating the fear of death into new recruits would gain them nothing but injuries and mistrust, neither of which they needed when their position was as tenuous as it was.

"On ze topic of training would you have any recommendations for who I could approach for a spar or teaching? Captain Kobayashi was my primary instructor, and now that he is gone I find myself without anyone to test myself against. I wouldn't mind a spar with you eizer if you are game."

While Laskt wasn't an adrenaline junkie like others within the Division, he was also constantly seeking to improve his skills. While training with yourself was nice and all, there was only so much progress that could be made without outside input.

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:39 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

From the corner of her eye she watched Laskt and and amused and, as usual, crooked grin grew on Hanako’s face.

“Be careful what you’re offering, Laskt, I might take you up on your offer. You have no idea how much administrative work a Captain and Vice Captain have on their plates. We maybe even more than others, because our people keep damaging and destroying stuff in training.”

She hesitated a moment, wondering how serious Laskt’s remark had been.

“Say…what do you know about accounting?”

In a slow motion she shook her head while becoming serious again.

“In all honesty, the administrative work aside, I think the Division will be fine if we seated officers all pull together. If anything I feel like our people have moved closer together because of it. We are still weakened, yes, severely so. But I don’t think we will fall apart just yet.”

While there were a few moments of silence Laskt and Hanako coincidental both thought about the prestige that came with the rank of a Captain. While the rank in itself didn’t mean much to Hanako, she couldn’t say that prestige wasn’t still alluring. At times she could almost forget that when she started out as a Shinigami she was single mindedly set on a goal to become so strong that the prestige of her power would live on forever, creating a legacy where a past was missing. Even if her goals had changed, quite drastically even, she realised in that very moment that the position of Captain came with it’s own reputation. Captain’s were figures that stood above everyone else, except maybe the Captain Commander. Hanako could feel the temptation to lose herself in old thought patterns and strive for the position just to leave a mark no one could erase. Power for the sake of power. But that was an old Hanako, a Hanako who didn’t know where she fit in and what her purpose was. A Hanako that struggled so much with herself she could barely cope with the existence of others around her. That Hanako was the Hanako of the past, even though the Hanako of the present could still recognise the other one’s face every now and then when she looked into a mirror.
One thing, though, that could definitely be said about the prestige a Captain held was the ability to unite the Division behind her or him. She didn’t know if it was attached to the person or to the Haori. Could she, as Acting Captain, really keep the Division together? Even after the feeling of belonging after the Captain’s death faded?

“I think the new members would be a good idea. New seated officers especially. I also agree that we should first gauge their abilities and strength first.”

Memories on Hanako’s first day in the old Fourth Division came up and flashed before her inner eye. The Captain back then seemed hell-bent on killing his new Division members. In the case of Hanako he indeed almost succeeded.
Laskt had also been present on that day if she remembered correctly, though he fared a lot better than herself. They met for the first time then, but parted ways soon after, when the Hanako of the past couldn’t bear the shame and frustration and transferred to First Division. It wasn’t a time Hanako liked to remember.

“I also wouldn’t mind to spar with you. I can’t remember when we have done this the last time. Clear sign that it has been far too long.”

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum