Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen] - Page 2 Empty Re: I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen]

Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:41 pm
I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen] - Page 2 UUYLiaq

LADY SAWACHIKA

"Welcome."

As Igen stepped into the house proper, only a single figure was there to greet him. An elegant, traditional beauty, with lavender hair kept neatly back, and with an expression so neutral and reserved that it almost seemed plain. In many ways, she seemed the polar opposite of Lord Sawachika, and she gave a demure bow to Igen as he entered.

"It is a pleasure to meet one of Miki's suitors. I am Sawachika Ai, lady of the household. I hope that your interest in my daughter proves fruitful and worthwhile."

Despite the rather unassuming expression on her face, and the calm way that she carried herself, there was an undeniable fire behind her eyes, one which certainly seemed every bit the same as her husband's had been. She studied Igen briefly, her eyes giving little away.

"What is your preferred weapon?"

END POST | TEA BOWL OF SAWACHIKA

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen] - Page 2 Empty Re: I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen]

Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:54 pm
I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen] - Page 2 HEADER__astolfo_and_sieg_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_ikemeru19__acbc7691eb0423fbf222558e5d7b829a

The sheer difference in atmosphere was almost enough to make his ears pop as he felt .... a sudden ....calmness wash over him. Any notion of checking out the internal structure of the estate was promptly overturned by the individual that was in there with him. Almost immediately, he had a ...SENSE. A sense that was completely foreign to him as he watched Lady Awachika bow to him, a gesture that he returned with full and complete sincerity. A little...fascinated? Hers was a quiet, yet fierce flame and it was ....almost bizarre to Igen.

"I'm honored to meet you, Lady Sawachika Ai. My name is Gyakusuma Igendai. Being welcomed into your home is a bounty beyond most as it were. And it is one I intend to pay back." He noted, his voice still with it's own warm fire to it, but notably less....wired than he had been a moment before.

He paused at the question, and promptly, recognized that this woman had likely also been a Shinigami at some point, yes? Was this to be his second test? That was a good question, what weapon DID he usually enjoy using?
"I think a chair or a bench usually is the most fun." He murmured thoughtfully.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:06 pm

LADY SAWACHIKA

"The most fun, hm? I see."

She seemed to take it in stride, and where Lord Sawachika had been expressive, open, Lady Sawachika seemed outright unreadable. Whatever she was currently thinking behind that tranquil expression was an enigma, and she turned after a moment, gesturing for Igen to follow her as she started to walk.

"You need not concern yourself with repayment. We Sawachika would not welcome you into our home if we considered you unworthy of it."

After a fairly short walk through the open air halls of the estate, she stopped, gesturing toward a small rock garden that looked to be immaculately kept. Toward the center of said garden was a single wooden chair, and despite being clearly out of place, and likely having been placed there not a few moments ago, there was no indication of anyone having been in said rock garden recently. Such was the skill of the Sawachika family attendants.

"Take up your weapon, then."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:17 pm
I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen] - Page 2 HEADER__astolfo_and_sieg_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_ikemeru19__acbc7691eb0423fbf222558e5d7b829a

Igen smiled sheepishly at her response. Had that been the wrong answer? He supposed he'd find out soon enough. All the same, his brows raised ever so slightly when she gestured for him to follow and he promptly complied. Vaguely wondering where it was that he was being led. Another gauntlet of relatives? He'd met the mother and the father so far, and each of them had a question that they had asked him. And some part of him DID wonder...what did his answers say about him? Not simply because he was trying to impress them in regards to his suitability, but also just out of ...curiosity. Self reflection wasn't something he often busied himself with and he couldn't help but ...think about that. His eyes strayed, for just a moment, to his zanpaku'to. Wondering just what sort of spirit he'd been cultivating.

When they arrived in the garden, he was outright shocked when he saw..... a wooden chair! His eyes darted around, wondering if this had been prepared when they were in the other room? Wow they really were prepared! HE wondered if that gate had also been something Ken had prepared ahead of time. Was Ai also intending to test him? Well that was kinda obvious. He chuckled just a little at her instruction. Well he supposed he'd walked into this one. He circled around the chair and promptly turned to face Ai with the chair between them, and promptly picked it up from the ground with one hand, taking just a moment to test the thing. Depending on the wood they could be pretty heavy. On one hand a heavier chair would be harder to maneuver, but would be more sturdy. But if he was being honest, he usually liked something nice and light when he grabbed one of these babies in the midst of a tussle.

With his 'weapon' in hand, he turned his attention back to Ai, alert and ready for whatever it was she decided to put out to him. And truth be told, he was on guard a lot more. Ken he could have seen just directly throwing down, but with Ai he was...unsure. Would she suddenly peel a weapon out of her robes and come at him? Would one of the other siblings come in from the side with their own weapon? Whatever it was, he was excited to find out!
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:30 pm

LADY SAWACHIKA

As Igen moved to grab the chair that had been left for him, Lady Sawachika looked to her left, one of the family's attendants bringing her the naginata she had always preferred over the sword. She took one long breath in, closing her eyes for a few moments, and took the spear in hand. It had been a short while since she had taken up arms. This was a good reason to shake the rust from her bones.

"As you are the guest, you may take the first blow."

Lady Sawachika stepped into the rock garden, taking up an orthodox, traditional stance with the spear in her hands. Of course, she understood that her introduction earlier had been insufficient for a crossing of blades, and so she spoke up again, this time a touch more forcefully.

"You face Sawachika Ai, former 7th seat of the Gotei 13's 11th squad."

And then, as if floodgates had open, a wide grin not unlike her husband's practically spilled onto her face. She still carried with her a calm, a tranquility that differed from Lord Sawachika's, but the fire that had previously only been in her eyes was now made far more open.

"Begin."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:48 pm

Yeeeeeeeess, YEEEEEEEEA! His expression shifted from appreciative attention to that same big enthused smile that he'd had moments before. The energy in him promptly amping back up as she promptly accepted a Naginata. "Ah, Like your daughter." He chimed in, vaguely remembering Kyo mentioning that. But uh......he was kinda drunk at the time. Had that been in reference to Miki? He didn't remember. STILL! He felt that he was definitely getting a damn BARGAIN out of this! He got to meet Kyo's sister AND fight his family! Not only that but the matriarch!

He flourished the chair, hooking his fingers into the gap in the back of it and promptly giving it a spin before his grip tightened closer to the seat, flashing a bright and toothy smile.

"My name is Gyakusuma Igendai. Twentieth Seat of the First Division." He reciprocated the introduction before taking up a ready stance. Fire in his blood as she suddenly put on an expression that washed away any worries.

Before him is not a Mother. Before him is not a woman. Before him is not a mere person.

He stands before a Warrior.

And as she declared the start of the engagement, he sprang into action and braced his legs, crouching ever so slightly before suddenly his body shifted to a blur, a sharply executed shunpo that not only put him within the reach of the naginata, but his stance was already adjusted, his other hand now firmly on the seat of the chair, giving him additional grip. Jabbing forward wait the legs of the chair with the intent to snag the weapon's shaft between them and give a FIRM twist! A sudden burst of action intended to snare the other woman's weapon and then set the chair firmly down on the floor as if inviting her to sit in it with her weapon trapped beneath.

Of course he didn't expect, no...he HOPED to be thwarted! There was a reason why he enjoyed using a chair. IT wasn't simply the availability of the weapon or the uniqueness of how it could be use. The REAL reason? Was who in soul King's name knew how to fight against a fucking chair?

Any fighter worth their salt prepared for combat. They trained in techniques to counter, to parry, to block. Memorizing moves so that when the time came, they could simply allow instincts hammered in to take over. But there was no preparing for a motherfucking chair! A Chair forced you to adapt. To IMPROVISE. The look in a fighter's eyes when the foundation that had once facilitated rest now sought to overthrow them?

THAT was what Igen lived for in a fight~
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:02 pm
I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen] - Page 2 Dfkeoed

LADY SAWACHIKA

Igen's thought process was entirely correct, of course. Most warriors did not train to battle against a weapon so improvised as a chair. A proper, trained combatant would likely not be able to take advantage of all the weaknesses inherent in such a thing, simply on account of how incredibly unusual of a weapon it was.

But Lady Sawachika had faced combat among the bloodthirsty men and women of the 11th, and she had long since learned not to rely on inflexible technique. Reflex, instinct, sheer grit, those were the things upon which she relied most of all. As Igen twisted her weapon, shoved it down toward the ground, Lady Sawachika simply loosened her own grip, letting the polearm completely leave her hands without even the slightest resistance that Igen had assuredly prepared for. It was a grave mistake to think that she would scramble to recover it, or, for that matter, even prioritize it.

Instead, as he focused on setting the chair firmly down, Lady Sawachika simply grinned to herself, noting that both of his hands were far too busy with that gambit of his, and she swung with an aggressive right hook directly for his face. It was certainly not hakuda, and she was not using any of those absurd techniques that others always seemed to utilize. It was nothing more than the fist of a woman who could crush stone with one finger, barreling directly for Igen's face.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:15 pm
I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen] - Page 2 HEADER_100599456_p3_master1200

The sudden CLACK of her weapon hitting the floor caused his eyes to light up! Oh fuck yea! Was the thought that he had just as that fist promptly slammed into his face! And he POWERED right into it! HE almost fell over, staggering slightly as the sharp sensation crept along his cheek from the impact that no doubt he'd have to deal with later, but keeping his grip on the chair and giving a sharp TWIST! As the shaft of the weapon, still caught in the legs would SWING and aim to sweep the woman's legs! Following through, he twisted and scooped the chair up with the Naginata still snared between the legs both caught up in that spinning motion. That blade and base flashing through the air around him, a ward to try and get some distance between himself as he reached through the legs of the chair. At the very end of that spin, he reached in to grasp the shaft of the weapon if it was still there and promptly peel it from the chair, now with both weapons in hand if all went as planned!

He then lowered his stance defensively, his face scuffed from that punch, but still grinning as he did with the chair's legs held front and center in a guard. "Eleventh was the old combat division! Almost went to Combat myself actually!" He commented even amidst the fight. He usually wasn't a huge talker in situations like this, but he had to admit, the look on Ai's face had him amped up and CURIOUS as all hell!
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:28 am
I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen] - Page 2 Dfkeoed

LADY SAWACHIKA

"Better for you that you didn't. I wouldn't have let anyone from that husk they call the modern combat division step into my house."

Igen's defensive ability wasn't lost on Lady Sawachika, though her eyes seemed to simply stay on him, rather than on the weapons in his hands. If anything, the weapons themselves were barely anything more than a distraction to her. When it all came down to it, nothing else mattered in a fight but you and the opponent. Ho... Now there was an idea.

Raising her foot only briefly, Lady Sawachika stomped it right downward, the gravel and sand of the rock garden flying into the air to create quite the visual impairment. Of course, all this would surely ruin the garden itself, but she would fix it later when she'd cooled her head. For now, she opted to barrel through the cloud itself, moving to Igen's side and striking out with a wide, arcing kick. It, too, lacked much in the way of technique, but it didn't seem to matter much. Lady Sawachika's style was one of brute savagery, survival and killing intent.

Frankly, she doubted the chair or her own spear would even be able to hold against her heel if it collided with them.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:41 am
I Look Forward to Getting to Know You [Sawachika Family, Igen] - Page 2 HEADER_100599456_p3_master1200

Igen raises his brows ever so slightly and snorted, chuckling just a little at that. It was kinda weird hearing that from Kyo's mom, though REALLY he was intrigued at how ....uninterested she was in getting the weapons back. She really didn't seem interested in getting her naginata back at all! Should he just drop it? No, he felt like these attacks would only be more brutal if they had a weapon behind th- OH! The sudden stomp throwing debris up and into the air caused himt to be startled! And promptly he backed up, flourishing the Naginata around himself with one hand in a spinning ward, dropping the chair slightly so that hopefully, the swirl of blade and shaft would keep the woman away, possibly striking a hit. Though with how aggressive Ai was being? It was all too possible that the woman would simply POP right through that flourish and slam her kick into the man anyway! The force of which would catch Igen off guard! Grunting and being SENT through the debris to slam into the nearest surface! Unlike the punch, he didn't get a chance to brace himself and stay put!

Either way, Igen, wether he had to peel himself from a landing spot first or not, would either already be outside of the debris, or would have continued backing out until he was. Letting those rocks and sand crash back down an instant later before DARTING back in! That Naginata kept to the side as that chair was brought up front and center! He expected another attack naturally, but he had a plan! Rather than trying to block the attack, he had every intention of bracing himself to eat another one, this time pumping his own signature Kaido into the spot so that the damage would be healed, mostly, the instant it hit him. It'd be a bit messy if she tried that debris shit again and he didn't see where she was going to hit, but his plan was simple: Eat the hit head on, and then SHOVE the chair toward her chest! Sliding the legs of the chair above and below each of her arms while he used the Naginata as a counter balance, sweeping with his leg and aiming to knock her base out from under her, to plant the chair onto the floor and pin her!

She was a little too unpredictable with how she was getting creative, so naturally his inclination was to grapple her! Once she was pinned down, he'd plant his knees onto her biceps . It wasn't a perfect pin to be sure, and he'd basically have to toss the Naginata because....well it'd be useless at this range. but it was better than eating punches! Already his face was going a bit red where he'd been punched. She hit REALLY hard!
"Nope! I enjoy me a good fight, but I like some responsibilities too ya know! Team leader! Seemed like a waste not to use my natural charisma!" He chuckled out, probably either on his ass from his failed gambit, or with Ai pinned and him kinda straddling her waist. Either was frankly equally likely. But in either scenario, he'd still keep on talking! Happily at that.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum