Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault

Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread

+4
Valqy
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Siegharty
Gamma
8 posters
Go down
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread Empty Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread

Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:41 am
STAFF TEAM ROLES

Here at PH, the management of the site is handled by our Staff team. This team is made up of several different roles and each one has its own responsibilities and expectations that will be outlined in this post. Though each role has individual requirements that are tailored to their position within the team hierarchy, there are several general requirements that apply to all levels of Staff regardless of their position.

All staff requirements
— Decent communication skills.
— Be an active and positive presence in the community.
— The ability to suspend bias and be impartial.
— The ability to work proactively within your role.
— Be comfortable working as part of a team.

PH OWNER
Solely held by [THEFROST]. The role is pretty straightforward, he owns the site and pays for the domain, the role was previously Head Admin but he has since opted to take a backseat in the running of the site. It is within his power to do staff work at his discretion but he should be the last person to be approached with staff issues and only when all other channels fail.

Requirements.
— Paying for site domain.
— Receive staff issues, if no admins are available.
— Organisational staff work (optional).

ADMIN
Admins are the heads of the Staff team and are generally capable of performing any Staff task when required. They are responsible for managing the Staff team and overseeing the running of the entire site at a higher level. Important site events, both IC and OOC, are handled by them and they have the final say on any decision that the team makes. There are also particularly high-level gradings that require Admin approval.

Responsibilities
— Use the admin panel.
— Have strong site knowledge.
— Manage and direct staff team.
— Be able to answer all questions.
— Perform all staff roles, if required.
— Grade OTY wishes, Masters, Grand Masters, and 0-tiers.
— Lead community and site events.

Moderators are the backbone of the Staff team, working on a wide range of common tasks and striving to moderate the site and the community. They handle the bulk of character gradings, ensure that roleplay threads are being handled correctly, and manage the day-to-day matters in the discord. They are reliable and independent, able to act professionally and make themselves available to help members with any queries or guidance they might require.

Responsibilities
— Good knowledge of the site.
— Work proactively within the staff team.
— Grade applications and upgrades without oversight.
— Perform Site Assistant tasks, if required.
— Manage community and site events.

STAFF IN TRAINING
Before a prospective staff member can become a full moderator they will spend a period of time as a Staff in Training. This is not for a fixed period and can vary from member to member, but will last until the Admins decide they are ready to become a full moderator. Staff in Training are still Staff members and will act accordingly, but they will often perform their duties with oversight from other members of the team. Some work will be handed to them to gauge their abilities, though the onus will also be on them to take the initiative and learn on their own time.

Responsibilities
— Increase personal site knowledge.
— Willingness to learn staff jobs.
— Grade applications and upgrades with oversight from other staff.
— Take charge of their own learning.

SITE ASSISTANT
Though they sit at the lowest rung of the Staff ladder, Site Assistants are still valuable members of the team. They can be counted on to handle the bulk of lesser organisational tasks on both the site and the discord, whilst also serving as the first point of contact for members of the community that might require input from Staff on a matter. Assistants may also be tasked with performing simple moderator roles at the discretion of the team and often handle Faceclaim and archive requests.

Responsibilities
— Assist in site organisation.
— Assist in the seasonal site activity check.
— Move threads and navigate the site archives.
— Manage Faceclaim requests
— Receive issues from members and present them to staff.
— Grade basic applications with oversight from other staff.

HOW TO APPLY

REQUIREMENTS
— You should at minimum be an Established Member (100 posts).
— You should be able to meet the All Staff requirements.
— You must have been active on the site for at least three months unless an exception is made.
— You must wait at least two weeks to apply again if you have been denied.

Name:
You know, that thing we call you.

Desired Position:
Which staff job are you applying for? If you put do not specify in this section of the application, we cannot properly assess your application, and you will be denied. So please, give a little thought as to what job you'd feel best doing.

Staff Experience:
Please, tells us about any other staff experience you've had on-site, on other roleplaying sites, or even in real life in detail. If you don't have any previous experience with this, don't be afraid to say so.

RolePlay Experience:
How long have you been roleplaying? What does that history look like, chat-based rp, forum rp etc.

What Makes You Good Staff:
On PH, you will have to be able to fulfil certain jobs depending on what sort of position you are applying for. What gives us the idea that you may be capable of becoming staff at this site? Why should you have this specific position? What can you offer the site? What would you do or change as Staff?

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Desired Position:[/b]

[b]Staff Experience:[/b]

[b]RolePlay Experience:[/b]

[b]What Makes You Good Staff:[/b]

[b]Additional Comments:[/b]

Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread Gamma_Signature
Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread CHARACTER_LISTStaff Roles & Sign Up Thread GRAPHICS_THREADStaff Roles & Sign Up Thread TIMELINE_THREAD
Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread Left_bar_bleue0/0Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread Empty Re: Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread

Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:02 pm
Name: Sieghart
Desired Position: Mod

Staff Experience: You already know.

RolePlay Experience: Self-Explanatory

What Makes You Good Staff: I'm the missing factor. Also, I know what to do is mostly how to do it.

Additional Comments: Just doing the motion, honestly.
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread Left_bar_bleue1570/100Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:04 pm
Name: Serenity
Desired Position: Site Assistant or Moderator

Staff Experience: I've ran multiple sites and have been admin here twice.

RolePlay Experience: Over 2k posts here and over 2k posts on other sites.

What Makes You Good Staff: I have the time to do the job, patience to learn the job, and the willingness to adapt to what is needed. I am an approachable person that tries to communicate and be friendly with everyone I can. I have taken the time to ask questions in order to start learning the new expectations for the setting and power levels that staff have created. I also love PH, love this community, and want to see it thrive. I have strong knowledge of forumotion's admin panel, so I can be an asset there. (I'm not a coder though, so don't expect that and I'm aware that the admin panel thing is an admin position only, but this is a skill I have.) I'm organized as hell and am a little OCD about my work. I am also very active RP-wise and active in Discord.

Additional Comments: My goal here is to help as much as I can. I may have some ideas that people like and can lessen the loads that the team has. I also work from home, so I can be a constant presence.
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:53 pm
[mod]Sieghart has been taken on as a moderator in training.

Serenity has been taken on as a site assistant.[/mod]

Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread CHARACTER_LISTStaff Roles & Sign Up Thread GRAPHICS_THREADStaff Roles & Sign Up Thread TIMELINE_THREAD
Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:09 pm
Name: Val/Valqy/V.
Desired Position: Staff Moderator/Staff Assistance.

Staff Experience:

My overall staff experience is extensive with about ten years overall in roles across a variety of forums and discord servers. This includes being an Officer in some larger community based interactions on a cross faction level from SWTOR to this day of which I still run a successful SWTOR guild as the GM.

RolePlay Experience:

I have been roleplaying overall for about thirteen years give or take. The amount I have done is extensive on many different layers, anime roleplays such as Naruto, Bleach and Akame Ga Kill to more serious environments which tailor to different genres. Apocalyptic realism ect ect which has developed my ability to create and DM most importantly storylines that suit a wide array of characters.

This experience has also extended into Novella RP, Multi Paragraph RP or even simple one liner if it is a basic conversation that doesn’t need a tolkien extract about a coffee table. WoW, SWTOR, Final Fantasy being some of the MMORPG games I frequented regularly.

I’m a people person, I am very much an individual on a OOC level who is down for the narrative above all else. Feel free to check my fights or inquire with others but I feel it is not only that but my desire to see large storylines involve alot of people. It’s a rule of mine to reach out to my thread partners and make certain they are getting something they want from something.

I am also incredibly active, supportive and adaptable. The stat system had been a huge misunderstanding for many but I got it relatively swiftly and feel on that front I could be of huge assistance, furthermore I have alot of ideas for stories in general. There is an aim to support a very effective staff team with a different perspective if needed but also allow them to play their characters sometimes without the feeling that they can’t participate entirely due to their positions as DMs.

Within the VC I have always asked about the system, former lore. Rawk and Gamma can attest to the amount they have thrown at me to read and I have done, always eager for more threads in the process. That is all.

Additional Comments: I have been here for the minimal time for this application so I hope my overall activity and engagements can make up for that!
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread Left_bar_bleue0/0Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:30 pm
Name: Paradigm
Desired Position: Staff-in-training

Staff Experience: Admittedly not really any! I do have work experience and have great grades in school, which I believe both can be substitutes for staff experience because I've needed to work as part of a team in both while showing strong dedication and effort to my work.

RolePlay Experience: About a year and three months here on PH. I've been writing for years separately though, previously fantasy and limited fanfiction. While I haven't been writing at the pace I started at, I do think almost 750 posts and dozens of completed threads in a little bit over a year with a substantial leave in the middle for personal/family reasons is noteworthy! In the fall I had a tough time posting, but recently I have been posting at a much better, more sustainable rate.

What Makes You Good Staff: First and foremost, I believe my best skill is my ability to learn on the job. Before I worked at my aunt's pool store I knew nothing about pools or hot tubs or any of that stuff, but I learned quickly and applied what I learned to my work to do as good a job as I could. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it and readily accept criticism so I can improve. I believe I communicate well, and though I feel hesitant to communicate as much if I'm nervous about something, I do my best to get second opinions to better understand a situation. In addition I also feel I can work well with others collaboratively and can take personal feelings out of it to be unbiased, though I do know I'm not always the best at this. I'm always looking to improve though!

Additional Comments: I'm not afraid to share my ideas or thoughts with people, and feel I can provide a different perspective to the staff team! Thank you very much for your consideration!
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:36 pm
[adm]Paradigm and Valqy have been taken on as moderators in training for the staff team.[/adm]

Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread Left_bar_bleue10015/100000Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (10015/100000)
Tiers:

Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:06 pm
Name: Cody
Desired Position: Moderator, Staff-In-Training if you feel necessary as a trial.

Staff Experience:

I've held the position of Staff in quite a few sites, PH being the most recent and most important of the bunch (like 3 lol). I've held the position of Admin, Moderator and Janitor (effectively Site Assistant) here.

RolePlay Experience:

I've roleplayed on and off, both on PH and elsewhere, for the last decade plus.

I'd like to think my time in those roles throughout the evolution of PH systems and the change in player base is important to my potential role as a Moderator. As of right now, I believe I've grown as a person to be understanding of how a member may feel and the effect it has on both their decisions and understanding the site's structure. That being said, I believe that as a previous staff member I would also bring to the table the ability to help grade and check both applications and upgrades without much issue, even with the change in power structure we've had as a site.

Additional Comments:

You guys are cute I guess.

Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread FXpoQxJ
Staff Roles & Sign Up Thread 2Y9rqGk

Spoiler:

Paradigm likes this post

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:41 am
Ah shit. Here we go again.
Name: Gamma.
Desired Position: Administrator.

Staff Experience: We'll keep it limited to PH.
- Have done all roles of the PH staff team.
- Either designed or modernised the majority of the current site systems.
- Admin for multiple years; temporary admin when required.

RolePlay Experience:
- Got a lot of posts.
- Done lots of stuff.
- Been here for years.
- Helped run events on the site.

What Makes You Good Staff: Had my issues, stepping down helped me recognise those issues that kept wearing me down in my role that made me only handle the admin position in a limited capacity over the last year and a bit. So will try not to do that again and practice good OH&S. Otherwise, my knowledge and experience make me feel like a pretty good option since we have a lot of fresh or learning people on the staff team, and that's a lot to put on the minority of staff members that are responsible for managing and educating them.

Also, I just suck at being a member. Having been a staff member for so long I do not view the site through the same lens that I used to when I joined. I think too much about improvements, problems, solutions, etc, and so the inability to act on those thoughts demotivates me.

I hate the stigma of being a staff member that I felt like I had for months prior to stepping down but I think I can wear it now, especially when things appear to have settled and I can recognise errors I had made. So while I hate it, I also learned that I hate that my enjoyment from the site is in my staff work as much as my efforts in-character.

Additional Comments: A lot happens in two weeks, doesn't it? But just the act of stepping down did take a lot of the weight off my shoulders and let me think about things better.

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:54 pm
[adm]Blade was taken on as a moderator.

Gamma has returned to Admin role, w.[/adm]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum