Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sunday Afternoon Training (Open/Training Partners Welcomed.) Left_bar_bleue174500/99999Sunday Afternoon Training (Open/Training Partners Welcomed.) Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

Sunday Afternoon Training (Open/Training Partners Welcomed.) Empty Sunday Afternoon Training (Open/Training Partners Welcomed.)

Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:27 pm

Artist: Dead Man Walkn | Song: Starchild | Word Count: 384

Hayden felt his arm began to smash through the tree with medium strain with the force, his metallic arm crashing through thick bark as it gave way to the superior force. His eyes snapped to the right as he pivoted on his feet trying to remove the metal from his arms and manifest it on his leg, his waist twisting a he jumped up as his leg was partially engulfed into the metal where his femur was allow him to place a large indenture into the tree. He let out a grunt as he remained suspended in air for a moment with his reiatsu before dropping down onto all four shifting to where he was on his knees. If someone was to look around the area they would see a very bruised and sweaty Shinigami along with a multitude of broken, shattered, and indentured trees. It was the site that Hayden had picked out to practice manifesting and de-manifesting his metal like physiology into different limbs to empower his attacks. So far it had minimal results- while he was able to perform it to a small extent he was also not able to quickly and effectively convert a whole limb while switching attacks. However, he was adjusting and feeling his body begin to adapt to this type of stamina based training rather quickly- speed was his speciality after all.

The Shinigami head looked around briefly to see the destruction he had caused in the past hour to the location, it wasn’t drastic but if someone found this place they might think a battle or some intense training was being performed. The latter was true. He had to give it his all if he wanted to approve to his mentor level of power but by the gods had it proved to be one of the hardest undertakings he had ever set for himself. Sadly, once he set his mind to something he would have to follow it till he either succeeded or failed. Yet, he had made quite an improvement since his first day of joining the Vanguard, actually he would argue that he was doing rather well since beginning all this undertaking. It would be great if he only had a training partner but for now it was time to break for a snack.

Template By: [THEFROST]

Sunday Afternoon Training (Open/Training Partners Welcomed.) JfH75kA
Sunday Afternoon Training (Open/Training Partners Welcomed.) H8Tyk70
||-BlankMystery-||
||-BlankMystery-||
Shrine Maiden
November SOTM 2011

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sunday Afternoon Training (Open/Training Partners Welcomed.) Left_bar_bleue28000/100000Sunday Afternoon Training (Open/Training Partners Welcomed.) Empty_bar_bleue  (28000/100000)
Tiers:

Sunday Afternoon Training (Open/Training Partners Welcomed.) Empty Re: Sunday Afternoon Training (Open/Training Partners Welcomed.)

Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:54 am

Artist: Snow Or Cherry Petal - Song: ZUN - Word Count: 408

There were sounds of punches, grunts and trees falling in the distance as The Shrine Maiden of The Iramasha Clan made her way through Karakura Forest. She was on her way to Karakura Central in order to meet up with Koichi Iramashsa and other Iramasha Clan members in one of the primary earth hubs. However, she couldn't help but notice the poor Shinigami trying to do some form of weird training. So, she decided to investigate and see what all the hot air was about.

From out of the shadows she came and observed the male. He surely didn't have too much power from her point of view. Perhaps she could possibly assist him since he seemed quite earnest in his do-goodings.

"Hey, Shinigami, I can see you are training pretty hard there. You should take a breather."

With a lazy wave The Maiden waved at Hayden and she made her presence known. After having done that she would then transfer a bit of her own energy into the male to give him a fresh charge of new life. Being that she had enough power to rival a Captain Commander, it wouldn't be too out of her power in order to bring him back to pristine health with this quick boost.

Then, with her energy circulating in him, he may be able to push his training a bit further and she would hope he would be able to continue. After all it is hard to train and there is a daunting road to be traveled in order to attain strength in this world. So, she'd then sit down Indian style by an undented tree and observe him further.

"My name is Reimu Iramashsa, by the way. I'm one of The Leaders of the Iramasha Clan and I was passing by and saw you sweating yourself crazy. So, I figured I'd pitch in and help."

There was a sense of casualness about her voice as she wasn't too shaken up by her kind act. She just hoped the man wouldn't over react or turn out to be some sort of evil spy or something silly like that. All she could do now was wait and see what he would do.

"So, tell me, what are you doing out here and who are you anyway? Surely you don't have a hobby of beating up poor little trees, do you?"

[ T H E P R O T E C T O R ]

Sunday Afternoon Training (Open/Training Partners Welcomed.) KnLCVxB

[ O F I  R A M A S H A I S L A N D ]
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sunday Afternoon Training (Open/Training Partners Welcomed.) Left_bar_bleue174500/99999Sunday Afternoon Training (Open/Training Partners Welcomed.) Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

Sunday Afternoon Training (Open/Training Partners Welcomed.) Empty Re: Sunday Afternoon Training (Open/Training Partners Welcomed.)

Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:09 pm

Artist: Dead Man Walkn | Song: Ease My pain| Word Count: 417

Hayden eyes snapped over to the new face that had just arrived at his training site speaking kind words to him, it was strange to say the least but he wasn’t one to become hostile for no reason. Suddenly, he felt a burst of energy within him almost like his cuts and bruises had began to heal themselves and his one nearly depleted energy had returned to him. He closed his hand into a fist flexing it as the wear and tear he once had felt was now was just a brief after thought in his head. He looked at the female before offering a silent nod as she sat down, his hand lifting up the fork to his mouth as he chewed on what looked to be some type of small meal he had made. As she introduced herself he felt that last name was something he heard, then he remembered Azure last name was the same thing.

“I go by Hayden, my boss is a Iramasha himself.”

Oh yes he had a few experiences when it came to them and it wasn’t that they were bad per say but his boss was powerful enough to shatter every bone in his upper body at one point. So from the healing boost this woman just gave him followed by the feeling that if she wanted to kill him she could have done so he looked around at the damage he caused before a sheepish grin spread across his face. He did cause quite a mess in his pursuit to master his new ability but in his defence he felt like he was making drastic leaps in progress- one shouldn’t slack on the peak of success.

“I’m well out here to practice a new ability of mine- I seemed to have caused a mess.

That was his way of making light of the situation at hand, while it was a mess at least it was in the secluded and dense forest of Karakura. His territory to protect and defend with his life if an evil or threat was arise to the people within it. Typical stuff for him.

“So you plan on watching?”

It was innocent question enough he was just curious since she had taken a seat position if she would be watching the Shinigami. He had no quarrels with it but preferred to know her location so he didn’t stumble or hit her by accident with one of his attacks.

||-BlankMystery-||
||-BlankMystery-||
Shrine Maiden
November SOTM 2011

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sunday Afternoon Training (Open/Training Partners Welcomed.) Left_bar_bleue28000/100000Sunday Afternoon Training (Open/Training Partners Welcomed.) Empty_bar_bleue  (28000/100000)
Tiers:

Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:43 pm

Artist: ZUN - Song: Mahou Shoujotachi no Hyakunensai- Word Count: 455

The look of shock was amusing to see on the boy's face after he was surprised to her arrive. So Reimu giggled a bit and observed further as he started to inspect her. But before that could happen it seemed that her healing was doing wonders on the male. And, as it should! She was happy to see that her powers having a profound effect on the male and his training should improve ten fold at that.

But then he mentioned something that caught Reimu's attention. That was the fact that his "boss" was apparently an Iramasha. That caught her interest and prompted a quick response. "So, your boss is an Iramasha? Interesting. What is his name and what organization are you apart of?" Was the question posed as she put her right hand underneath her chin and cocked an eyebrow.

However, he was darting back to the whole issue of his training. To which Reimu would assist him with easily enough. She wasn't sure what it was, but the guy seemed to air on the side of a protagonist. There was just something about his appearance that screamed hero. So she'd roll with her womanly intuition and bank on it.

"What is your ability if you don't mind me asking? Perhaps I can help since I've trained numerous soldiers before in the Iramasha." Standing up, Reimu got ready and dusted herself off a bit as she popped her neck and cracked her fist. She was going to take charge in a big way fairly soon.

"So I'll help you and give you a tool to succeed. Here, take this." With a snap of her finger, a scarlet gem emerged in her right hand. It was connected to her ability to produce mystic crystals of power otherwise known as Iramasha Gems. By focusing her spiritual powers into this jewel, she would produce one capable of attuning itself to its master to evolve and produce stronger abilities the further they trained themselves in an accelerated manner. And, in his case, he'd at least see a one tier boost from it.

"You should get an increased in power since you are already fairly low on it from my estimate. The hard part is actually wielding your power correctly. As many people can be strong, but it takes a genius and skilled warrior to know how to properly use it. So that's what i'm here to do." And with that Reimu would folder her eyes and await to see what the boy could do after these questions: "What is your primary interest in combat? Supernatural? Hand to hand? Sword play? What is your trade? Tell me that and I'll begin."

MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:58 pm

Artist: Dead Man Walkn | Song: Ease My pain| Word Count: 529

The question she posed to the young Shinigami as he finished his meal casting it inside what looked to be a container he had within the bag he brought with him into the forest.”Azure Iramasha, as for my organization I’m a soldier of the Vanguard.” He explained to the woman as he stood up dusting himself off casting his eyes to where the upper half of his robes lay next to his sword propped up against the single tree that wasn’t broken. He quite liked that tree for some reason it wasn’t special in any way except he always hung his Zanpakutō on it along with his upper half of his robes. He was a strange guy like that but it hadn’t guided him wrong yet.

One could call Hayden a hero something that stuck out on the muscle clad man from his human life to his current life as a Death God. It was funny Shinigami was called that he thought, he didn’t consider himself a god if anything a soldier just trying to bring some type of peace to this earth. He was nicknamed The Fallen Soldier every since his first day of the academy, remembering his past life and death in rather vivid detail. Just like the legend of Damocles he had risen from the died to strike those down who dared to abandon their comrades or betrayed their post- except he would strike down any man or woman who hurt those under his steed.

“I would say it’s Abilities rather, I uh, I come from a bloodline of Slayers.” He explained rubbing his hair as he looked at the woman trying to figure out a way to explain it. “We from what I learned did what our name entailed slaying beasts or people we deemed evil. It’s given me a strange set of things so far I can control lightning and turn a limb into metal.. I think if I get better I’ll be able to change what my body is made of.” He explained to the woman before dropping his arm lifting it up to close into a fist as it turned into a silver like metal, this was most likely due to the juggernaut bodies many of them had to use when fighting well.. extremely power beasts.

Hayden then shifted his left hand up to grip what she had showed to him to take, he had heard of these items before but never had used them. He examined it for a moment before looking up at her with a sheepish smile. “I don’t know how to use this..” He commented before listening to her about fighting. He completely agreed with what she was telling him- he could also relate to it.

“I’d say I’m more of a jack of all trades and master of none in that regard- but I do want to get faster and stronger with my Zanpakutō. In combat I tend to adapt to my Opponent but use speed to my advantage.. I’m faster then most on my level.” The shinigami explained, he was naturally fast so he had taken onto Hoho as well becoming a adept at both these.

||-BlankMystery-||
||-BlankMystery-||
Shrine Maiden
November SOTM 2011

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:58 am

Artist: ZUN - Song: Haru no Minato ni - Word Count: 600

Azure Iramasha was this boy's boss? Interesting. She had been hearing waves of good news about how much Azure had been active in the human world with his ventures in The Vanguard. Oh well. At least it was good the Iramasha were getting good press and she nodded her head with a soft smile at the news. "Well, I'm glad to hear Azure is making something of himself. I'll be sure to train you with care since Azure is royalty back in our lands." Spoke Reimu with quite the fondness for the boy.

Then, as she relaxed her arms, Reimu started listening in further to the vanguard members interesting tale. From what she was able to gather he had came from a people of Slayers who were tasked with the duty of slaying evil from the lands. When she heard Reimu couldn't help but laugh because it reminded her of her own duty as an Iramasha Shrine Angel. Shrine Maidens were suppose to expunge the world of evil, purify spirits and help maintain the balance of good and positivity in the world. So to hear that this boy was tasked with something similar made her want to train him all the more.

"So you gain your powers from metal and you are a slayer? I like that. I'm a shrine maiden myself and we can empathize with your dilemma. I think I'll more than train you today, Slayer." She said with a smile. However she seemed to get ahead of herself and not explained how the gem work that she gave him. The boy looked confused and Reimu chuckled in response. "Well, all you have to do is activate the gem with your mind. Hold in your hand, focus on your breathing, calm your energy and it's effects will activate. Just keep on your person and you will be fine. I'd recommend eating it, even, if you want. I promise it taste like cherry!"

With another laugh, she hoped that would have cleared things up on how her jewel would have worked. But, at least this conversation was getting somewhere! Out of everything else the boy wanted to be strong and fast and Reimu would help him achieve that. "If you wish to be fast, then you'll need the energy to back it up. Look at this" In one shift motion, Reimu appeared to the boys side, then to his left, then to his right and eventually back to slamming her fist into a tree, and another tree and another tree before coming back full circle in blinks of the eye.

"It will take practice, but with my training, you will be able to channel your energy into your limbs and increase your speed. Here, take this." Again, Reimu activated her gem related ability in order to produce a crystal that would tether his mind with Reimu's in the form of mental communication. This would be the way that Reimu would help to awaken him to the training and guide him. "Put this to your chest and it will become one with you for today. I ask that you do that as I will help you mentally achieve what you want to accomplish and guide you on the training. This deals with energy and I have to see what is inside your body to coach you." And with that she hoped that the boy would listen and they could begin their training post haste.

MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:48 pm

Artist: Fairy Tail OST| Song: Busy Street| Word Count:590

Azure royality? Well that was a shock to him to say the least, like this was something he did not expect of the man he worked for. He certainly held a certain aura about him that screaming he had some type of important background, hell his powers themselves were something he had to admire. As she told him about that bit about him he offered a nod before focusing back on the task at hand as he closed his hand a bit tighter around the gem he was give, if this would be able to empower him then he would take it no doubt. He had a fire to get better something that stirred deeply inside him that just made a rumble inside of him.

As she tried to understand his powers he gave a light shrug, that wasn’t entirely true but he kept listening to her before speaking. As she spoke about her relations and how she understood his struggle he gave a small smile to the Shrine Maiden, he was glad to find someone who understood his cause and his reasons behind it. As she noticed his confusion from earlier and began to explain how to use the gem he followed her instructions slowly as if he was cautious to test out this magical gem. He slowed his breathing trying to calm the raging dragon inside of him, it took some time but he was eventually able to perform this act. He began to feel the activation lifting his hand to his mouth consuming the gem quickly as he felt it beginning to churn inside of him before he coughed feeling the power beginning to take him. He wanted to focus on his body manipulation to be precise.

“It’s not really with metal but any substance, like as long as I can get a connection with the items or even consume it.. I can gain it’s properties indefinitely with enough training.” He explained to her a bit more on how his powers worked as he calmed down from ingesting the gem. He didn’t feel too strange but he certainly felt something inside of him unlock- some hidden potential. But she began to instruct him to watch her as she moved, truth be told he was able to keep up with her speed his his eyes but her Chaos warping was a tier above his Hoho. Generally spreaking speed wise he wasn’t far under her for someone of his tier being considered an advanced tier in general speed.

He let out a whistle as she performed these acts giving a slight clapping to that. “You’re a woman after my heart with those statements and speed.” He teased slightly before realizing how weird it was he just said. He coughed hiding rubbing his neck to cheeks to hide the small tint that formed as he kept listening to the woman. As she materialized another gem and explained it to him he took it placing it against his harden chest feeling it morph into his body, he gave a nod as she began to understand and feel him. She would feel quite some things within him a drive to generally improve his mind and body but something deeper.. a darkness hidden within the man’s heart. Not quite evil but negativity that has been building and seemed to be on it’s final legs. The man clearly had some demons eating at him that he either didn’t know of or never faced.

“So you’re the lady in charge.. what are we doing?”

||-BlankMystery-||
||-BlankMystery-||
Shrine Maiden
November SOTM 2011

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:26 am

Artist: TH 13 - Song: Youkai Back Shrine Road - Word Count: 600

The feeling is all that Reimu needed as she felt the power swell within the boy. The gem within him would then begin to pump new life, energy and power into him in order to help him cultivate his skills. It is then that the bond was created between the two and Reimu could feel The Slayers life force as if it were her own. This would then give her the ability to help him better guide his efforts to become faster, stronger and more durable.

However, what was more interesting was the fact that the male seemed to absorb whatever substance he came into contact with. At least, if she understood his abilities correctly. The male was explaining that whatever he consumed, he gains its attributes through enough training. So, with her gem being one of energy, it could be assumed that the knight may very well gain energy manipulation traits and that made her rather interested to see what might come of that.

"Good, then you'll be able to get faster in no time. Do you feel that energy coursing through you? Channel that stream into your legs as if you were diverting a rushing current of water into your limbs. Then, lock that current into place and do what I just did now for constant burst of speed. While, at the same time, have an outerlayer of pure fire embrace your skin and body to form a layer of durable energy around you. In this way, you can become stronger and buff up your defenses in combat if you can multi-task these two objectives."

Then, with a snap of her finger, Reimu released a burst of crimson energy and split it into four, low level energy blast. These would attack him the minute that the male started to move with the technique she was trying to bestow upon him. This was done in order to give him real world practice and prepare him for the difficult combat that may lay ahead of him. "I will also be firing these off at you while you move. Try to do what I said and use your new strength to destroy or deflect them away from you."

Once these were set up the Shrine Maiden would then let out a sigh and blush somewhat when he started saying that she was a woman able to steal his heart. Such things were hush-hush with Reimu as she, being a Shrine Maiden, had never had a mate in her five hundred years of existing. So, that subject was almost taboo and she put her fingers upon her lips and shushed the boy. "Hehehe, really? You think so? Ahhhh, I'd just focus on the training. Hehehehe." She was a bit flustered, but she was still serious about this training they were doing!

"Now, since I'm the lady in charge, begin your training session with my little energy blast and we can start seeing the results of my methods coming to pass. Get started! We don't have all time!" Reimu was joking about the rushing part, but he did need to go on and do what she asked and she was curious to see what might come of it. Hopefully her training would pay off and he would see a notable boost in his ability from her assistance with the boy. That's all she ever wanted out of him. And maybe after that they could get even further into the training if he were able to pass this phase of her program. Just may.

MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:12 pm

Artist: N/A |Song: N/A |Word Count:503

Hayden listen to her instructions carefully as she ordered him to perform something, it all seemed easy enough. She wanted him to focus his reiatsu in his legs to empower them and carry him along followed by forming a layer of energy over him to negate some attacks or soften when if he was hit. He thought that was able to be performed by him, relatively easy. He let out a calm breath feeling his energy flow downwards encasing his legs quickly as he began to prep his Hoho, his eyes opening snapping on the women as she kept talking. When she asked him to form a wall of fire around him he tried to focusing the energy in his body to take on a combustible form, yet for some reason what exploded from his skin was a dark energy similar to death energy but more potent. It was Death Matter, a gift from Wolf. He growled but allowed the energy to begin to pulse and ripple over his body wondering just how strong it was.

He would notice the bursts of energy she made waiting a moment before beginning to mimic the actions she did earlier, one of the bursts hitting his body but as it came in contact with the strange substance the energy morphed around it absorbing it into it’s body converting it to Death Matter. It was a passive ability of Death Matter he had gained from Wolf. But after that none of them were able to come in contact with the male, while he may have slow acceleration when it came to top speed he was impressive. He focused on moving in patterns slightly but made it slightly erratic before noticing the tint to her cheeks.

As she spoke about what he said he had to refrain from losing his footing because of that but manage to keep his balance and kept to his patterns, this appeared to be something he caught onto quickly letting out a huff as he finally arrived in front of her. His hand coming out as a ball of reiatsu formed in his hand that growed larger and larger taking on a black tint to lightning before he grunted sending it out towards the three energy balls behind him, engulfing them as they exploded in a fierce show of red, black, and blue. It seemed that the gem earlier certainly had unlocked some of his hidden potential followed by increasing his speed. He was starting to like this, she certainly knew what she was talking about.

“Wow..” He told her trying to take in just how much his power had began to increase before he laughed shaking his head. She certainly had impressed him three times now with all these displays, the iramasha where not to be played with it seemed. “Reimu I gotta say I do feel the increase in my speed, how bout we crank it up what do you have in mind?” The muscle bound male asked rather excitedly.

||-BlankMystery-||
||-BlankMystery-||
Shrine Maiden
November SOTM 2011

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:37 am

Artist: NKZ - Song: Henzan - Word Count: 600

There was something that Reimu started to notice in the boy. It was a deathly force and it reminded her of the Death Energy that some of the Royal Devil Family were known to have. So, as she rubbed her chin, she pondered where the boy must've attained that power. Given that he is able to consume power Reimu just assumed he may have ran into someone who used DE Force and absorbed it from them. That would have been the most likely case at least.

Reimu was more concerned with seeing the potential of the boy become unlocked, however. So she gave an approving clap a s he started to tap further into his abilities and push himself to hell and back. "Excellent work. Though, you should pay more attention the attacks then on me. I saw that slip up." Spoke Reimu with a laugh as she referenced the bit where he started staring at her for some reason or another.

"However, I would like to know where you got that deathly energy from. If you know what it is, tell me, are you using Death Energy? It feels awfully familiar to that." She asked as Reimu tapped her chin and inspected the boy from afar. The Miko was trying to sense deeper into his power in order to better figure out just what that odd power was. But, it wasn't too concerning. She needed to focus on moving this training along and she would give him a passing thumbs up in that regard.

"Now that you've got a bit of speed going on you should focus on becoming more potent with your attacks. The more you enrich your energy the further the quality of your attacks will increase. We live in a spiritual and physical world, so you'll have the best effect if you can merge each of those natures into abilities you have." As Reimu explained she figured that this might be a bit over the head. So perhaps a demonstration was in order. Therefore, she would let out a soft sigh and form a golden light forged from her chaos spell ability as an Iramasha.

"This sphere of light was formed from magic." She said as a sudden shift in energy within herself started to fluctuate. Soon after her arm became devoured by a crimson light and a high summoning of energy was felt in it. With one hard punch did Reimu shatter the light as if it were actually physical. "And that is what happens when you merge your spiritual energy with the physical. You have to aim to use your abilities to influence the material and immaterial if you want to make a dent in some of the more superpower beings of this world. Here, you try."

Very soon would Reimu make a sphere of golden light for The Valint Knight to perform the same. Albiet much weaker than the one she forged for herself it should get the job done. His task was to use his spiritual energy, fuse it into his sword or hand and then smash the sphere and bridge the cap between the physical and non-physical. He had the potential to it. He just needed to bring it up like a champion.

"I have total faith that you can totally do this. Just relax your nerves, breathe and allow the power within you to guide you down the path of victory." Said Reimu as she gave a thumbs up and started to step back to see what the male would do.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum