Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Anonymous

Homecoming  Empty Homecoming

Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:54 pm

The Shihoin Shadow

Yahiko Shihoin

He'd made his way back home from the living world. His uncle had kept much the same. He'd been gone for over 200 years in the human world. Fighting in underground fights and learning mechanics. His engineering degree itself had taken a while. Mostly due to crossing that technology with the ones here. It wasn't a simple transaction but one he spent a long time on. Walking through the area he reached towards his pockets. He found a cigarette and used a Zippo lighter he obtained. He lit his cigarette up now as he sat on the bench. From what he understood, his uncle had been busy. His eyes closed as he took an inhale of the smoke. It had been so long since he set foot here. Nostalgia wasn't even the word as he saw his past self around every corner. It was like walking through his own story. Looking at toys and other areas. Remember training and other things as he inhaled another long drag. His mother had been called the strictest teacher on him before. It wasn't outwardly said, but Yahiko had bruises for bruises.

He'd not improved his Hakuda skills in some time. His mother drilled Hoho, Hakuda, and Kido into him almost daily. It wasn't something he recalled fondly. But it had saved him a couple of times. As few expected someone like him to wield Shunko. But fewer still knew about his zanpakuto's power. Though it wasn't like he got to openly display it. He wasn't on earth to say look at me with a red light on him. He was there for the purpose of studying his academic skills. Learning multiple fields. Now he did wish to impart more here. His lips pursed before he finally finished his cigarette. This promised to be an interesting time for him. Coming back and joining the Gotei finally. Yahiko would normally have spoken to his uncle. But the man had enough on his plate, besides. He doubted it would cause any alarm or issue for him. To simply dive into the Gotei through whatever means. His education would prove useful going forward. That was his take away anyways. Humans passed them some time ago in engineering, so why not bring that here.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Homecoming  Left_bar_bleue0/0Homecoming  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Homecoming  Empty Re: Homecoming

Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:05 pm
Homecoming  Banner-Rio2

Rio Shihoin | Defender of the Family

"It has been some time, cousin."

A voice would be heard from a small distance as a woman approached Yahiko who happened to be situated on the bench. With her, there were many servants that stood in unison, to protect her from any threat should it arise.

A pair of fierce golden eyes bore down on Yahiko as she sat down beside Yahiko and decided to engage him. It was her job to serve as the protector of the Shihoin and to be an overseer over the activities of so many of her family members.

Truth be told, she hadn't known much of him and saw this as an opportunity to learn of her cousin. In addition to that fact, she wanted to know if he enjoyed his time on earth and if he had brought back anything useful as a result.

"So, Yahiko... did you enjoy earth?" Once she sat down on the bench herself, she decided to ease up with her gaze and smiled at him warmly.

END POST | Unfaltering Shielder
Anonymous

Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:14 pm

The Shihoin Shadow

Yahiko Shihoin

His eyes opened a bit more notice of the arrival of a cousin. She'd been the family protector and was good at her job. He paused with the cigarette as he considered the question. Had he enjoyed it, certainly was better than home. He didn't know how aware of his upbringing she was. But his mother had earned a reputation for borderline abuse in training. Believing that mastery of Hakuda required beating them to a pulp. He wore black eyes around the manner as a boy on occasion. Not the noblest thing in the world as he exhaled softly. "It wasn't bad, had its problems just like home. " Yahiko gave it an approval but nothing of outbursts.

He just didn't emote like the others, being a Black Jaguar when he transformed didn't help him blend in either. So earth had been his choice to blend their technology with Soul based technology. He spent so long in that world studying because it was required. These things didn't blend well nor did they respond well. His fingertips rolled along with the cigarette before putting it away. Deciding this place was ill-suited to smoking. He'd gotten placed in the Research Division for his insight. But he didn't foresee him being a factor, as the present Captain was a Kurotsuchi. But neither here nor their it was still somewhat nice to be home.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:40 pm
Homecoming  Banner-Rio2

Rio chuckled at Yahiko's somewhat nonchalant reply but was satisfied in knowing that he had enjoyed his time there. In her own time on earth, Rio had enjoyed the visits she was allowed on earth.

She had learned how to prepare meals as well as play the piano.

There were so many fun things to enjoy on earth but it was certainly not a place she could call home.

Her visits were exactly that - visits. Wondering how someone who spent longer there had piqued her interest and so, she decided to inquire about this matter further.

Calling one of her servants to her side, Rio had prepared a meal for this reunion and ordered her servant to hand both of them their boxes as she continued the conversation.

"Home has more problems than you can imagine, Yahiko. But, we're here to get reacquainted and not talk about such troublesome things. In any case, was there any skills or knowledge you brought back that you found useful? Mine is rather tame, I am sure. The talent for preparing meals and flawlessly playing the piano was what I took from my time there. "

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:08 pm

The Shihoin Shadow

Yahiko Shihoin

Yahiko was unused to servants to a degree. Spending as long as he did without them. It changed him in a few ways as he was handed the box. Offering a thank you to them as manners were important. Skills he acquired how to explain what he spent his time doing. The Zanpakuto thing would likely be the easiest place to begin. His free hand not holding the box extended. Slowly a black smoke seemed to come around it. Engulfing it in a miasma like status. Before it vanished as he inhaled a bit looking at it. "Got to know my Zanpakuto, it's power goes well with my Hakuda." He said softly admiring the darkness before it vanished. Opening the box he sat for a moment.

"Put in simple logistic terms, I learned how to cross the human world's Engineering with our soul-based biology and technologic techniques." He said commenting as he'd been more interested in that field. Yahiko didn't study or advance power by fighting. He as a child was very quiet most of the time. Especially after being the sole survivor of a hollow extermination mission. The idea was combining the human's skills and developments made on earth. Into a usable resource on the Soul Society. But he was just a seated officer.

"Truthfully I don't know how much use it will be. Captain Kurotsuchi, that's a name with some history behind it." He said offhandedly commenting on it. His hand removed the box before bringing both hands together. Being thankful for a meal he didn't fight for. Something he didn't claw and fight to make ends meet for. He'd learned from papa how to survive without the Shihouin name. It was something he became more aware of. He was just Yahiko, just as Yoruichi was just Yoruichi. Same with anyone if they took the time to look at it.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:27 pm
Homecoming  Banner-Rio2

Rio blinked as she listened to her cousin speak of what skills and knowledge he brought back from earth. To cross the human world's concept of engineering with soul-biology and the soul society's technological prowess? Such an idea was rather intriguing, to be sure.

Rio did not have much experience in that field, entirely open to the idea of listening to him speak as much as he wished about the subject until his heart's content. She began to eat her own meal as she observed him.

"Oh? Interesting. Very interesting. I am not very well versed in what you just said but it sounds very unique and I am proud to know that you brought back these forms of knowledge. You are quite the studious man, I see. Papa would be proud."

Rio then tilted her head thoughtfully and went on the subject of his Zanpakuto, wondering just how far he had developed it.

"Speaking of Zanpakuto, how far along are you in the process of your own? Have you learned Shikai and Bankai? I am open to helping you train or putting in a good word for you depending on how far I've seen your progress. You'll have to earn it, though. "

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:19 pm

The Shihoin Shadow

Yahiko Shihoin

Yahiko knew the answer to her question though he didn't press on it. The stuff was complicated cross engineering wasn't meant to be simple. He decided long ago to use brains over brawn. Thus he lacked in brawn but made up for it in brains. When the discussion turned his Zanpakuto. His expression darkened as Yahiko considered his next words. "I'm familiar with both of them, I lack the power needed to release Bankai. But can maintain Shikai for a time." He said softly as he took a bite. Swallowing his food his gaze didn't falter much. Yahiko knew well enough his power was lacking. Below some of the more potent fighters the Gotei had. But it was also the reason he was ahead. The Instructor had proven something. He needed nothing else, just power at this point. The power to Maintain Shikai and fully unlock his Bankai.

He spent time if not months practicing his Zanpakuto powers. Getting used to them so he could fight. But the fact was, Yahiko was a poor protector for his family. He didn't measure up to most of his cousins and relatives. But that said it was alright for him, so long as he helped. His eyes were solid black akin to coal in the color. He looked over the place now. Power wasn't something one gained quickly and rushing was reckless. It would come with time and experience. "What about your cousin, has a life here met your expectations? Anything happens, Uncle didn't inform me of much." He had a cool attitude and demeanor never rustling his feathers. Yahiko just didn't have it in him to show anymore. He felt numb most of the time these days and any other.

He had Shunko and his Zanpakuto to rely on, those were his power he called his own. Strengthening his Reiatsu and energy would come if Yahiko worked silently but diligently on it from here. He'd brushed up his skils in underground fighting circuits. Keeping his Martial Arts solid and fundamentals good. But only so much could be accomplished in the Human world.

In some aspects, they were behind the Gotei. His Aunt found that place suitable to call home. While he did not understand, he didn't judge her choice. He didn't miss servants or this life of being considered above people. He missed his cousins and Uncle. Though he didn't openly admit this fact and would sooner die than do so. He'd tried this thing humans called dating, it was chaotic and yet informative about women. It also helped him realize he had a preference, though that was neither here nor there.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:09 pm
Homecoming  Banner-Rio2

"Ah, is that so? I am very proud of the progress you'vee made so far. It took me a decade or two to fully realize and recognize the nuances of my Zanpakuto, and the nature of who I was as a person. It was an arduous journey but one I am thankful for ending in success. If you wish to train or spar and learn the nature of your Zanpakuto or anything else, I am always here to give my undivided support."

Rio continued to consume her meal as the conversation continued between the two relatives. Rio would always make time for her siblings or relatives and aid them in their personal journeys. To her, that was gave her life meaning. To others, managing everything like that might've been the height of insanity, but to Rio, it had to be that way. It is what her family needed, especially in these periods of turmoil.

"My life here has been a cycle of trial and tribulation but ultimately one I have come to value in every aspect. I learned a lot on my path. What it meant to be mature, to actually step out of my foolish pride and operate in a way that benefits myself and the family. Concerning Papa..."

She paused, turning to gaze at Yahiko with a softened expression, one that held a hint of sadness as she revealed his condition.

"He's dying. His condition has been one that has persisted for years, and even though we've tried to find a cure or medicine, it doesn't seem as if we can do anything else to help..."

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:34 pm

The Shihoin Shadow

Yahiko Shihoin

So he had an understanding of his Zanpakuto sooner. That was fine and all that, but the problem of power came. Yahiko lacked it fairly potently when it came down to it. He didn't have the strength to wield it all the way. "Mine didn't come into existence peacefully. Though nothing did on earth." He said giving an offhanded comment. Going again to his dating routine, as he listened. His eyes widened for a moment. Composure was lost as his digits curled around the pack. Almost crushing them but stopping short of it. His body released a breath lowering his shoulders. Yahiko's words were simple and to the point when it came to Yushiro. "I see, is Chidori aware?" He asked the question even though it was clear. Papa was the chink in his armor as the man saved him. From the darkness consuming him entirely.

Such a fitting metaphor that his Zanpakuto was his shadow. It was perfectly placed when it came to it. Yahiko's emotions had died the day his mother did. And Yushiro resurrected them only if barely. He let a sigh out as he finished the food. Still considering smoking now. But his ex told him he'd die someday from them. She also used to get on him about everything. Time was limited and Papa wouldn't want him to waste it. He'd need to improve and focus more on what came next. "I'll need to increase my strength..Cousin Rio do you know of anyways?" He asked the question, his eyes shifting. Yahiko's goal was to prepare for that day. When he needed to protect the family ideals and whatever he could.

Rio guarded the family alone for this time and no one helped her. Yushiro would tell him to be his own Man or live his own life. Independence was prided by his Uncle heavily. His time training in a free-form style left him without a defined style. But that was in part a good thing. The nature of his Zanpakuto required it, as he stood up. "Keep this confidential please." Walking a bit from the bench he reached into his pocket. Withdrawing a pocket knife sized weapon, his Zanpakuto blade. Altered for use in this regard and travel convenience. "Embrace Keieiichinyo." It happened quickly as a black smog rushed from the ground. Clasping to his torso and arms covering his upper body to his neck.

It seemed almost like black living flames dancing around his body. It was an intense feeling using his Shikai for the first time in a while. The darkness seemed strange like smoke across his body. But it was very much on his skin as he moved his arms. Showing it didn't move or slow down it was worn like a piece of armor. "This is my Zanpakuto's release. My Shadow is equipped with my body and allows me to increase the power of my Hakuda." He did this to change the mood, Yahiko didn't want to think about the old man dying. Not yet as he'd failed to see him. To return with a gift for his life being what it was.

Last edited by Forsaken Crow on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:25 pm
Homecoming  Banner-Rio2

"Yes, Chidori is more than well aware of this knowledge by now. It has been hard on all of us and as much as it pained me to tell you - considering your return - would have been disingenuous. "

Indeed, it pained Rio to reveal such painful information. Yushiro Shihoin had become a symbol of the family, a man who poured his blood, sweat, and tears into the family name and exemplified all that the things that went into being a Shihoin.

Finishing her meal and handing the empty box off to her servant, Rio gazed at Yahiko as he asked her a question, a question of how he could improve and grow stronger. Truth be told, improving strength was not some sort of process that you tended to gameplan for. To some, it came naturally. To others, it was difficult. Fortunately, Rio had viewed Yahiko as someone who was willing to commit to a goal and see it through, and she would support him through it.

"I know of many ways to improve your strength. First, you must look at what you excel at and learn a deeper nuance than what you have envisioned. There are always layers to every form and facet of your power, so much so that you may end up finding something new, something unprecedented. "

Before she could gather herself to give any more advice, Yahiko stood up from the bench and told her to keep something confidential. At this point, she wondered what he meant, or what he was about to reveal but once he uttered "Shikai" that is when everything became crystal clear. In a flash, a black smog rushed around his body - as if it were an armor - and covered his legs and torso. As he explained it, Rio was impressed. In fact, she was proud to witness him learning the nature of his Zanpakuto. Standing up to observe him, she was awed by how the smoke matched his every movement. Almost... almost as if he fully exemplified the idea of a shadowboxer but in a more literal term.

"Ah, so my cousin's Zanpakuto allows him to fight like a shadowboxer, huh? I must say, Yahiko, I am impressed. So much so, that I must spar with you to test this out if you don't mind. Perhaps a spar can allow us to get our minds off of things. "

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum