Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] Left_bar_bleue16000/1The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] Empty The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri]

Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:32 am

The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] 5QDBZHO

Erchanhardt

Artist: Wagner - Song: Lohengrinn Overture

Though the World War had scarred much of the coastline, the tranquil duchy of Konigsberg had remained untouched. It was, in that respect, rather nice to simply enjoy the peace of armistice. But Erchanhardt knew that there was always work yet to be done, and as such he walked through the town square with no small amount of lumber stacked upon his shoulders. Most would have been crushed under that weight, but Erchanhardt carried it all as if it was nothing. There was much to be done, yes, but the citizens could at least determine how they wished it applied. For his part, Erchanhardt simply cut the wood as necessary. He used nothing but his own hands, cutting the lumber effortlessly as each citizen desired, and only after he had assembled a sizable pile next to him did he take a short moment to rest, sitting at the edge of a lovely stone fountain.

Of course, he had little time to rest. Not that more work was necessary, but when the Duke was in public, he naturally drew a bit of attention. Children wished to meet him, to climb upon his shoulders and ask about the well-being of the world. He simply gave them a small laugh, told them of the promise that the future held, and held back his worries. For these young children needed not the truth of the world, the horrors that they would face in time. It would do them no benefit to be lied to.

He stood, after a while, and returned to the work of cutting the wood. His hands made short enough work of it all, hardly having much trouble with mere lumber. Of course...there was the matter of its quantity. This would likely be an all day affair, but Erchanhardt supposed there was nothing wrong with that.

Coding in Template By:
https://www.platinumhearts.net/u1
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] Empty Re: The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri]

Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:14 am
The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] Yugiri-header-template

Yugiri

The work was done there, now move on and do the process again. Yugiri's life had fallen into a very repetitive order of events; find work, do work, repeat. She never thought about herself in such a position but that is where she found herself. In a way she enjoyed it, there was no worries when everything was so simple. She almost envied the way people lived.

Except this was her punishment.

So as Yugiri wandered through a town looking for work when there was none thus far she sighed. Maybe it would be a bit harder. So when she noticed the crowd gathered around a goliath of a man she couldn't help her curiousity and approach the scene to watch it from afar.

He reminded her of her uncle in a way. His tall figure, his reassurance and radiant attitude that put everyone around him at ease. She missed that most of all.

"Would you like any help... sir?"

Once upon a time she would only reserve the term for someone above her and that she respected but since she was so much of a disgrace she used it incredibly liberally since everyone was above her now. It seemed to make people more likely to offer a job to her if she used respectful language. It didn't bother her that much in this case, because he reminded her of her father figure.

END POST

The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] Gamma_Signature
The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] CHARACTER_LISTThe Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] GRAPHICS_THREADThe Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] Left_bar_bleue16000/1The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] Empty Re: The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri]

Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:32 am

Erchanhardt

"Hm?"

Erchanhardt turned around at the sound of a voice he did not recognize, stopping himself mid-swing to speak with her. Her height actually surprised him briefly, given her voice and the obvious fact that she was an adult, but he did need to remind himself that not every woman was as tall as Ada. He sized the girl up very briefly, idly piecing together a rough idea of what she could do based on her body type, and nodded once in affirmation after a while.

"Yes, that would be quite lovely. I do apologize, however, I have not brought an axe."

Returning his attention to the lumber before him, Erchanhardt once more swung his hand downward, cutting through the wood as effortlessly as if it were paper. Such a thing was hardly a difficulty for him, but even so, he was genuinely glad to have the assistance now. The woman was free to cut in whatever way best suited her.

"What brings you to the duchy of Konigsberg, if you do not mind my asking?"

Coding in Template By:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:44 am

Yugiri

She met his eyes and stared into his while she waited until he nodded and the spell broke. She took a breath afterwards as the weight of his presence eased up. As he brought up the issue of the axe, her hand raised in response. A gesture that was like she was turning down an offer that wasn't there.

"An axe is not necessary."

Picking up some wood she split it as easily as he did with her bare hands, it was similar to activities she participated in for training in Hakuda. Whether it was with bricks or wood, it depended on the day and the intensity.

She didn't expect the question and for a moment she stopped after breaking the wood before going to get another one and repeat it.

"I.. just walked, I ended up here looking for work and a place to stay for a bit. What about you? You seem quite strong."

END POST

The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] CHARACTER_LISTThe Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] GRAPHICS_THREADThe Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:20 pm

Erchanhardt

If the woman's height had not surprised Erchanhardt, then her martial ability certainly did, and he watched her form with a studious, calculated eye. Her form was one he had seen before at least in passing, particularly given the nature of the war, and he simply filed that information away for later. It would be rude to simply pry so suddenly.

"I have lived here all my life. I feel it is my responsibility to use this strength to its benefit."

Another piece of lumber, another flawless cut. It was hardly difficult, but another pair of hands certainly made the work easier. Not taking his eyes away from the task at hand, the Duke thought for a moment before speaking once more, as casually as if he were simply sipping tea.

"If work and a roof over your head are what you require, then I can offer that much. Might I ask your name?"

Coding in Template By:

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:47 pm

Yugiri

A local... But he was so powerful. The idea of serving a small amount of people was alien to her, Yugiri had always concerned herself with big pictures. Detached herself from people for that larger goal but he did all this for them? All the time?

They settled into their task, a rhythm forming and a method. It became quite efficient between the Übermensch and the former cripple.

"I would appreciate that. I'm Yugiri... May I have your's?"

Snap. Another piece of wood broken.

END POST

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:32 pm

Erchanhardt

The quickening of the work was certainly welcomed for Erchanhardt, and as a few of the children ran by to watch, he stopped only briefly to give them a smile and a nod of acknowledgement, before returning to the work at hand. The woman was certainly skilled at this, and he admired her talent. It did, of course, make one wonder what brought her to circumstances like this, but he tabled that thought for now.

"Ah, Erchanhardt. Yugiri, hm? From Japan, then?"

Her name, in fact, only further reinforced Erchanhardt's actual assumption as to her heritage, but he would not state such openly. If she wished to hide it, then that was her business. He had no right to demand the truth of her personal life, though, after a short moment, he did double up on the amount of wood he was cutting. There was no word of challenge, no change in his demeanor. But he was curious if she would respond in kind.

Coding in Template By:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:16 pm

Yugiri

"Not really. I'm from Soul Society, so I suppose so. In a sense."

She hoped he knew what she was talking about, he probably did understand that she was trying to tell him Soul Society was over Japan and heavily influenced by Japanese (or the Japanese were heavily influenced by the Soul Society).

"This is the first time I've been to the living realm."

It slipped out a bit. Yugiri rarely was enthusiastic about handing over details but she was so focused on the work and being so tired from her travelling. Just letting him know that didn't sound so bad.

END POST

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:26 pm

Erchanhardt

"Ah, the Soul Society? I've met a handful of shinigami in my travels."

Entirely correct, then. Erchanhardt didn't give any outward indication of that, of course, simply continuing to cut the wood with little effort. Given the rather obvious gap between Earth and the Soul Society, as well as her situation, he assumed she was not here of her own accord. That assumption was only further reinforced by the next thing she said, and he looked to her with some degree of interest.

"The first time? Then I am glad to welcome you to this particular section of the realm."

Noting the wood had nearly all been cut, Erchanhardt simply took the last of the pile and stacked it all before himself at once. Truth be told, this was still more or less nothing for him, but he knew the children thought it much more exciting if he made a show of it. So he took in a deep breath, centered himself, and split all of the wood in a single strike. Naturally, they all cheered, but he knew fully that if Yugiri was indeed as skilled as he suspected, she would quite easily be able to tell that he had not put forth much effort at all.

"Well, there is still much work to be done. Shall we write up a contract? I would not wish to seem as though I am taking advantage."

Coding in Template By:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:32 pm

Yugiri

"Thank you sir."

She watched him break the wood, noting the lack of actual effort she was a little curious as to just how much he could break if he exerted all of his power. If she had forgotten her manners she might've pushed him about showing her but in this situation he had all the power and to offend someone that had just offerred her a shelter and work would be foolish.

Making another foolish decision that could damn her was the last thing she wanted right now.

When he brought up the contract she looked at him with curiousity, he had been the first man to actually raise one of those. All her other work was just unscripted and various tasks with the promise of food and shelter. The first time a binding contract had actually been brought up to her since she was banished.

"It's not necessary, but I would appreciate it nonetheless."

END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum