Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Quiet Place To Worship Left_bar_bleue10015/100000A Quiet Place To Worship Empty_bar_bleue  (10015/100000)
Tiers:

A Quiet Place To Worship Empty A Quiet Place To Worship

Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:32 pm
A Quiet Place To Worship Mxxk5dk

Saisei | The King's Reincarnation

The chilly night air brushed over Saisei's cheeks, nearly freezing him to his core. Boston, Massachusetts was more than a jaunt from Europe, the last location he had found himself enthralled with. Travelling the Atlantic was pretty damn terrifying for someone who couldn't swim in any way shape or form. Nevertheless, his curiosity got the best of him.

Saisei found himself a couple of friends on his wild adventure to America. Despite that, venturing away from the group wasn't too far out of question as long as he stayed in the city. The boy was glad that the four of them found their way to Boston in the first place. Saisei had heard, or rather read, that there was a shut down in the heart of central Boston. Just south of Charlsetown was his destination, along the water's edge.

193 Salem Street. Coming up to the front entrance of the Old North Church, Saisei tried his best to pay respects before entering its inner walls. Good news and bad news immediately presented themselves to the boy. Good news, there didn't seem to be anyone around, entering without being seen should be a joke. Bad news, it was shut tight. While he didn't condone breaking and entering, Saisei couldn't help his urges. Who could someone pass up a chance like this? It was once in a lifetime learning experience!

"Screw it."

Putting his hands together to pray to whatever god Bostonian citizens believed in, the boy ventured forward without a seconds notice. Wood wasn't too hard to pry off when it came to most front entrances, Old North Church's front door was no different. The plywood ripped off with ease, the huge double doors open wide for anyone to come in. Again, Saisei would never condone anything he was actually doing, but why would you give up on something so unique and special?

Talking to himself, the salmon-haired boy became lost in his own world. Speaking aloud, Saisei smiled as he admired the walls around him.

"If I remember right, this was the church that housed one of the most famous moments in U.S. history, right? Paul Revere and the two lanterns?"

It'd be impossible to bring Saisei back down to earth now. The last thing anyone wanted was to find the boy lost in the deep history of yet another country.

END POST | The Forgotten Soul Speaks

A Quiet Place To Worship FXpoQxJ
A Quiet Place To Worship 2Y9rqGk

Spoiler:
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Quiet Place To Worship Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Quiet Place To Worship Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

A Quiet Place To Worship Empty Re: A Quiet Place To Worship

Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:18 pm
A Quiet Place To Worship XGtVjsG

FUUEN

While Fuuen had spent a great deal of his time off in the Orient, he was but a bird on the wind at the end of the day. His student was recovering from something that he perhaps did not have the ability to heal, and so he had decided to recuse himself for now. There was much to do, and besides, he could not train her if he did not have anything to teach.

Having settled in one of the less remarkable parts of America for now, relatively removed from any of the instabilities of war, the tranquil swordsman found one of his typical abodes, an abandoned church. He had no knowledge of its history or its meaning, but he had always gravitated toward them when it came to finding a place of rest. Perhaps it was their history, or perhaps their singularity of purpose. He respected both.

It had been a mostly uneventful stay, simply practicing, resting when necessary, never doing much else. That was the life Fuuen lived, and by and large he enjoyed it. Of course, it was during one of those few times of rest that Fuuen heard what seemed, by all accounts, to be an intruder. In this place? Peculiar. Well, he would not assume they were hostile. He heard no sounds of ransacking, after all, and so he simply left the annex in the back with a small, if inquisitive, smile.

"A visitor at this hour? I had thought this place would be quite lacking in any guests."

END POST | FUGAKU SANJŪROKKEI

Last edited by Rawk on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Quiet Place To Worship Left_bar_bleue10015/100000A Quiet Place To Worship Empty_bar_bleue  (10015/100000)
Tiers:

Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:57 pm

The tall walls of the Old Church were almost intimidating for a young boy like Saisei. Whatever God people in America believed it would probably shun him for the whole breaking and entering thing. To be fair, what else was he supposed to do? Like a bloodhound searching for prey, there wasn't any stopping Saisei from finding his way in.

Pulling his jacket a little tighter to his body, a shiver ran up the young boy's spine. The faint moonlight peaking through the large, stained-glass windows made the church rather easy to view despite the cold night's embrace. Emerging from what seemed like a backroom was an almost serene like man. Long locks of blue hair framed his stoic face, a smile plastered against it as if to welcome the boy. Whoever the man was, he was clearly unfazed by the boy's presence.

"To be frank with you, mister, if I can call you that, I wouldn't exactly call myself a guest y'know?"

Saisei was right in this case, someone breaking and entering a holy structure was clearly not good for their moral health. Nevertheless, he found it amusing that he wasn't the only one interested in such a place.

"Might not be normal to introduce myself so easily, but my name's Saisei. I was just interested in the history of the building I just so happened to found myself breaking into. I can only really speak for myself though, Mister."

Though he seemed harmless, there was no reason Saisei shouldn't stay at least a little cautious. Even if that was the case, he couldn't lie to himself. Finding another person in the rundown church was more than fascinating, it seemed almost fated to the young boy. Finally, another soul he can learn from.

Spoiler:
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Quiet Place To Worship Left_bar_bleue16000/1A Quiet Place To Worship Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:53 am

FUUEN

"Even if you are no guest of the church's, you are certainly a guest of mine. I live here, at least at present. Would you care for tea?"

Fuuen said all of that in stride, as if it were perfectly normal for a man to be living in an abandoned church like this. He'd always done it, so while he was quite aware of the oddity of it, there was also no sense that he shouldn't, or that he was out of place.

"I'm afraid I don't know the history of this place, though there are at least a few books in the back rooms. If you wish to peruse them, by all means, feel free to do so. Ah, and call me Fuuen. 'Mister' does seem a bit...out of place."

Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:53 pm
Blade wrote:

"You live here? Like, live live? How could you possibly live in a rundown church with no real technology around? You a hermit, Mister?"

Saisei couldn't turn down a chance at a warm drink on a cold night. The man seemed at ease in the church, as if born in one. That wasn't normal, not to a boy who has only ever seen the inside of a warm home. The moment Fuuen mentioned some kind of book collection in the back he couldn't help but grow giddy. The past always made Saisei itch.

"Historically, this church happened to be a place of warning. They hung lamps outside to warn the Americans of the British. Not that many people would be taught that nowadays. I'm Saisei, but you already know that don't you Mister Fuuen. Tea sounds great."

Ignoring Fuuen, Saisei skipped his way to the backroom, making a small passing comment as he jogged.

"Your hair looks funny. Sorta reminds me of someone, not sure who... You don't know me, right?"

Spoiler:
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:09 pm

FUUEN

"Well, for now, at any rate. I tend to find places like this and make them my home as I travel. There is a certain sense of security in them, though I could not tell you why."

Beckoning the boy back, Fuuen led the way toward what had likely been some sort of gathering place for social events or perhaps simply for meetings, but which now served only as the swordsman's temporary home. There was a fire gently burning in the fireplace, a pot of tea resting not far from it, and a simple bedroll laid upon the floor. Other than that, the whole place seemed untouched, as if Fuuen had not so much as given a passing glance to the place's history.

"Hm? No, I certainly don't believe we've met before. But, then, my memory is rather lacking in most places. Still, I tend to remember at least vague detail, and I imagine I might remember one with as striking a hair color as yours."

It wasn't meant as some sort of insult, rather just a statement of fact. Fuuen poured a cup of tea for Saisei, then one for himself, and took a seat on his bedroll. There were chairs all about, of course, but he was a simple man.

Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:50 pm

Saisei was easily persuaded to follow the man to his abode. The hint of aged paper and warped wood filled his senses before they reached the room. Places of the past always held an allure that he could never pinpoint himself. The past was something that held power.

"That's true. My hair is a bit odd, isn't it? Dad didn't really have any kinda explanation for it. I look nothin' like my parents."

Parents were something every person had in common normally. For the boy, it meant just another thing that separated from the rest of the world. Shaking the dull sensation the word gave him, he shuffled around the room and perused its contents. It was clear Fuuen never took interest in the 'vault' that surrounded him in the small church. Every person felt differently of the past, some people chased it while others accepted it and move on. Inviting Saisei into his domain was like bringing the boy to an endless paradise, something many would never wish for.

"Thank you for the invitation, Mr. Fuuen. I gotta hand it to'ya. This little room of yours is a whole vault of knowledge. You never find yourself tryna' read any of it?"

Letting his pale fingers graze the spines of books nearing the hundreds in age, Saisei smiled and grabbed something random before finding a seat near Fuuen and collecting his tea.

"Don't remember much about your past? I can relate sorta. I'm not very old compared to a lot of people but sometimes things just... find a way out. If that makes any sense, doubt it though. A bit weird huh?"

Flipping through the aged book he chuckled to himself. Weird was an understatement when describing the boy.

Spoiler:
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:08 am

FUUEN

"No, there is little appeal to me in their contents. The pursuit of knowledge is respectable, and I freely admit that perhaps I would be a far better man overall if I were to take the time and enjoy the depths of literature. But my life is dedicated only to my craft, for better and for worse."

Fuuen briefly watched the young man peruse the collection, but just as quickly returned to simply watching the fire with his cup of tea. He wasn't exactly the sort to pry on the intentions of others, and staring was just odd. Even for one with as little social awareness as himself, that wasn't something he would do.

"My memories come and go, though organizing them into any sort of timeline is the troublesome part. I suppose one could call it something of a patchwork quilt. I suppose memory is a strange thing."

He chuckled almost humorlessly at that, the question of his memory having only begun to haunt him more and more as of late. In the past he had barely even considered it, but the degree to which he relied on writing, or simply forgot things altogether, had begun to weigh upon him more heavily. He did not much care for it, nor for the measures he had realized were necessary. It was all rather frustrating.

Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:22 pm

"I think it's perfectly fine to dedicate your life to a craft. What else are people going to have after everyone leaves?"

While it was relatively depressing, Saisei believed what he said almost to a fault. Many people come and go, a person's craft can rarely escape them. Shuffling around to get comfortable in his chair, he smiled at the book before him. 'A Guide to Christian Living', as on the nose as it was, books like these always seemed the most interesting to him. Knowing how others lived their lives according to a belief system could be pretty fascinating at times.

"I think I understand what you mean, I think."

There was very little he could say to Fuuen in regards to his 'patchwork quilt' memory. Living life with memories shoved into your mind day in and day out is never fun. Thinking back to his time in the wastes it was clear to Saisei that no one deserved that kind of life.

"I definitely think I get what you mean. Dad always told me that I'd have things pop up every once in awhile. I'm not exactly sure how I'd explain it..."

A gentle sigh escaped his lips as he thought of the myriad 'things' that entered his mind. Taking his eyes from the pages of the book to Fuuen's frame, Saisei guzzled down a majority of his tea. Having been out for hours now had left the child cold and the warmth of the fire was a bit too slow for his liking.

"I feel like at times I feel like a prophet. I'm not, but it feels like it sometimes. A few times throughout my life I always find myself with something unwanted knocking at my mind's door. Almost like hallucinations I guess. Frankly, they feel real most of the time."

Though he didn't know he really mad any sense, Saisei felt at ease being able to complain about the hallucinations that plagued him. Forward and open probably wasn't the best way to interact with a stranger but the boy couldn't care less.

"Not that I mean to bother you with my own mind's issues. Its been a long night and, believe it or not, I'm not from around this neck of the woods if ya' catch my drift. The Atlantic Ocean is pretty damn hard to cross for someone who can't swim. I'm rambling. That's my bad, Mister Fuuen."

Spoiler:
Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:22 pm
This thread will have a conclusion decided out of character due to the retiring of one of the two characters in the thread.

-End Thread-

Spoiler:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum