Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Colleagues By Any Other Name (Alastair, Kokuto) Left_bar_bleue0/0Colleagues By Any Other Name (Alastair, Kokuto) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Colleagues By Any Other Name (Alastair, Kokuto) Empty Colleagues By Any Other Name (Alastair, Kokuto)

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:53 am
Colleagues By Any Other Name (Alastair, Kokuto) 1FgkL6e

ALASTAIR EISFLUCH | STERNRITTER

The Vandenreich had been steadily gaining personnel ever since Alastair had joined, more so since the end of the fourth World War, and the Sternritter was no exception to this recruitment drive. He could hardly be called a veteran, especially compared to many members of the division, but even a few years in the role had put him a rung or two higher on the ladder than most of the new faces. Therein lay the obligation to set a good example, to be a role model for the younger Quincy and even the other races that were now making their homes in the Vandenreich. He didn't quite understand the reasons for some of these oddities to join what still remained a predominantly Quincy organisation but, if they were willing to fight at his side to see the Grandmaster's will done, he had no problem with calling them comrades. Alastair had thusly taken to making a show of keeping himself available should any of his peers have need of his time, it was not like he exactly had a lively social calendar anyway.

This evening was no exception, as he lingered at the Sternritter barracks for a while after the day's training had finished, working on some reports at his desk and busying himself on paperwork. He didn't have his own office, just a small place in the corner of a larger sea of desks to call his own, but that did not stop the generally cold Quincy from trying to make himself as approachable as he could. There was a second chair that sat vacant, an open invitation, and he would make infrequent trips to stand at the window and watch the goings-on of the city below under the guise of taking a break.

He had been nursing a coffee for the better part of an hour, though it was still warm thanks to a trick that he had been practicing ever since Sophie had shown it to him. A technique to hone his reishi manipulation using a little known trait that they both possessed for one reason or another, as heat slowly exuded from his hands and enveloped the base of the mug.

So, steaming coffee in hand, Alastair sat at his desk and waited to see if anyone had any business for him today.

Better the devil you know | END POST
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Colleagues By Any Other Name (Alastair, Kokuto) Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Colleagues By Any Other Name (Alastair, Kokuto) Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Colleagues By Any Other Name (Alastair, Kokuto) Empty Re: Colleagues By Any Other Name (Alastair, Kokuto)

Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:40 am

KOKUTO

多くの戦いのヒーロー
Colleagues By Any Other Name (Alastair, Kokuto) 6EdIfMt

Song: Hip Shop - Artist: SilvaGunner

Adjusting to the Vandenreich was a bit of an oddity for Kokuto, after he had been on his own for so long. It was a pleasant change, but there were still some problems that occurred. Namely, the evil glares that he seemed to get constantly. He couldn't blame them -- but it was still a bit annoying. Nevertheless, he just went about his work without commenting on it. He needed to show that he wasn't a monster, and if it took him a thousand years, he'd wait every minute of it.

But, after the day's practice and work, Kokuto gathered what little he usually brought, tucking away some of it within his Chasm Point, sighing softly as he checked the pack of cigarettes in his pocket, seeing little under half of the pack remaining. Usually he smoked to destress and keep the persisting seeds of madness at bay from the Makhai.

Making his way through the sea of desks as he slid his jacket on, tucking the cigarettes away, he noticed someone moving to look out the window, a coworker, Alastair. He stopped for a moment, his eyes moving between the distant door and the open seat at Alastair's desk. After a brief period of internal deliberation, Kokuto quietly walked up to the desk as Alastair sat back down, offering his hand.

Should he accept it, he'd find it warm, like a fire on a camping trip. His voice was deep, raspy, yet level as he spoke, albeit briefly.

"Hey. I'm Kokuto. You're Alastair, right?"

He smiled, sitting down and setting his arms in his lap, leaning forward slightly.

"Still kinda new here, so, figured I'd introduce myself. Can't do everything on your own, after all."

Coding BY: [THEFROST]

Last edited by Henrex on Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Colleagues By Any Other Name (Alastair, Kokuto) Left_bar_bleue0/0Colleagues By Any Other Name (Alastair, Kokuto) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Colleagues By Any Other Name (Alastair, Kokuto) Empty Re: Colleagues By Any Other Name (Alastair, Kokuto)

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:25 pm

Turning to face the figure as he approached, Alastair made note of Kokuto's unusual appearance with little more than a passing glance. A demon, of some variety, if he recalled correctly. He was a fellow Sternritter, though, and that was what mattered more to him. His tone was equally firm, similar in a sense to Kokuto's own but bereft of the gravelly undertones, and defined by formality.

"Indeed, I am Alastair Eisfluch, but Alastair will do just fine."

A hand shot forward to accept that which had been offered, a firm shake was had and it seemed that Alastair had not even registered the unusual level of heat being exuded from Kokuto until after the exchange. At which he looked down to his hand with a slightly furrowed brow, but gave it no further attention. He sat, and took another moment to study his colleague up close and personal.

"Always happy to meet a new face and a fellow Sternritter Personnel at that. A peculiar career for one of your disposition to undertake, if you do not mind me saying, but I think we are lucky to have people with your skillsets among our ranks."

Perhaps it was a delicate topic to address within seconds of being approached, but that was probably the easiest way to elicit a true response. Catch him a little off guard, perhaps, rather than let him get too comfortable.

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Colleagues By Any Other Name (Alastair, Kokuto) Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Colleagues By Any Other Name (Alastair, Kokuto) Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:00 pm

KOKUTO

多くの戦いのヒーロー

Briefly jumping at the sudden, quick movement of Alastair's hand, not expecting such a quick and firm handshake, but welcoming it nonetheless, smiling warmly before sitting down himself. His smile faltered for a moment, before his expression turned neutral.

He brought his leg up on the other, resting his ankle against his thigh as he set his arm on the armrest. He wasn't really offended or hurt by the comment against him, many Quincy already likely found it hard to accept other races into the Vandenreich after so many iterations and so long being purely involved with their own species.

Instead, he smiled softly, readjusting his posture as he spoke.

"It's fine. I know a lot about my own kind, their anatomy and the like, so I hope I can provide some useful information, as well as my overall powers. It'll be hard to train with the rest of you, given how different I am, but I'll certainly do my best. Who knows, maybe I'll end up getting inspired by y'all and create Quincy-like powers as a demon."

He chuckled softly, his smile growing wider for a moment before it faded again, and Kokuto began gently tapping his fingers against the armrest.

"I'm just glad that I was able to find some way to help. Before I became the walkin' nightmare ya see before you, believe it or not, I was human. I want to protect the world that I grew up in, that I love. I want to show all of you, and the rest of the world, that not all demons are monsters, especially not someone with a mug like mine."

Last edited by Henrex on Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:20 pm

Alastair sipped at his coffee, paying no real heed to the steaming hot liquid as he took a long drink. Instead, his gaze was rather focused on Kokuto, not in a particularly intrusive manner but rather just to let the man know that he had his full attention. The creature before him was an oddity, but a useful one at that, and he certainly seemed to have the right mentality. Keeping that in mind was important moving forwards.

"I cannot say I know how traditional Quincy techniques will merge with your Demonic ones, perhaps due to my inexperience with the latter, but conceivably you might form some type of hybrid given prolonged exposure?"

It was certainly an interesting prospect, but not one that he felt he could discuss at length. Demons were so alien to him that it was still almost startling to be sat having a pleasant conversation with one, but they were a welcome part of the Vandenreich as much as any other race provided that they pulled their weight. Perhaps he was naive for choosing not to paint them all with one brush, branding them all as monsters, but that was not the way toward a better society.

"If you put in the time and the effort, you will never have any trouble with me. The way I see it, this world is only going to get better when we all start working together. Human, Quincy, Demon, and the rest; if you are willing to dedicate yourself to this cause then it is a step in the right direction."

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:26 pm

KOKUTO

多くの戦いのヒーロー

Ah, shit. Kokuto's expression turned awkward at Alastair's perception of what he had hoped would come across as a joke, just a jab at the possibility of learning to mimic Quincy techniques. But, rather obviously, it fell extremely short. So, he shook his head lightly, raising a hand casually.

"Nah, sorry, bad joke, that's on me."

But, nevertheless, he took it in stride. Shit didn't always go right, and he sure wasn't some expert comedian, but, it had been worth a shot. His expression changed as Alastair continued, with the demon's head tilting slightly to the side. The world was only gonna get better when everyone started working together, huh?

"I can only hope. I'm glad you're willin' to give me a chance, and I sure as hell am gonna try and pull my weight and more. Glad to have you as a coworker, comrade, however you wanna refer to it as."

He gave a warm smile, before pausing for a moment, his expression changing and his eyes lowering, before returning to Alastair.

"Y'know, that makes me wonder, why'd you join up with the Vandenreich? Got a special someone you wanna protect? Family legacy to live up to, or anythin' like that?"

Coding BY:

Last edited by Henrex on Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:22 pm

At the mention of his comment being a joke, Alastair just let the words hang there for a moment. In retrospect, the setup was quite clear and he had wrongly assumed it was a passing comment on potential routes for his growth. There was little else to be said on the matter now, so it was good that they moved past it quickly.

"That is all the reassurance I need, that commitment to giving your all makes you my comrade just as much as I am yours."

He did not smile, for a smile did not seem proper, but offered a nod of acceptance to Kokuto. A Demon had been responsible for saving his life before, even if others had also made several more attempts upon it, and it had left an impact upon him. It had made him more tolerant of other races anyway, particularly those that had been so widely regarded as monsters once before.

"Why did I enlist? Something like that I suppose. My family have been Quincies for as long as they care to remember, but not the kind that always agreed with the Vandenreich and its goals. They prefer to look after their own and keep to themselves whenever possible. I disobeyed their wishes by joining the Jagdarmee, but I could not ignore the call of the Grandmaster after I had met him. My parents have mellowed over the years, as the organisation has matured, but it was tense for a while."

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:05 pm

KOKUTO

多くの戦いのヒーロー

The reasoning behind Alastair's enlistment was...unexpected. Kokuto nodded in response. It was a story that he personally admired. The guy stood his ground, making his own path in life. The demon found himself smiling again as Alastair finished, before he spoke.

"Good on ya, standin' your ground like that. Parents are a good place to start in life, but you've never gonna see eye-to-eye on everything. It might cause a rift, or tension, but if it makes you happier in life, then there's nothin' wrong with that. Sometimes, bein' selfish ain't a bad thing, y'know?"

Kokuto leaned back in his chair slightly, resting his leg on his knee. It was comforting to hear his story, for some reason. He was a bit stiff, but, he was a soldier, so it wasn't entirely surprising, but it wasn't the type of stiff that made him unbearable or unpleasant to talk to. He leaned forward, his head lowering for a moment as his expression changed.

His thoughts turned to his own family, likely long lost to the sands of time, reincarnated without their memories, with the only exception being...

He shook his head, trying to get rid of those thoughts. He took in a deep breath, before looking back up at Alastair.

"Visit your family when, or, if you can. If they've mellowed out, talk to them about it. Don't keep that rift between you if it's still there. They seem like pretty decent folks from you've told me. Sorry if I'm assumin' stuff and jumpin' the gun, but, if they are decent folk, don't let that fade."

He paused, sitting back up and sighing softly. He could really use a cig right now -- he needed to mellow out, himself.

"Sorry 'bout that. Family's a topic I'm pretty passionate about."

Coding BY:
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:13 pm

"Perhaps there is an arrogance to it, but I do not view my actions as selfish. I did not come here for personal gain, but rather to serve a cause far greater than my own. I think they understood that, after a while, it was a greater calling than staying in Germany all my life and simply continuing the cycle."

It was a curious line of inquiry, but Alastair had nothing to hide from his dealings with his family. It was not like he felt much guilt about the whole experience, and those few doubts he had once harboured had eventually been quelled as he came to truly understand the Vandenreich. It did seem like the other man was going through something else, but it would be rude not to return the question. He understood so little of demonic families already, some small insight might be of use one day.

"We talk from time to time, and I have been meaning to return to Germany but there has not been the time of late. One event after another, with barely the time to even put my feet up in between. But what of your own family? What sparks this passion?"

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:00 pm

KOKUTO

多くの戦いのヒーロー

Huh, that was somethin'. He didn't come to the Vandenreich out of a desire for personal gain, but wanted to serve a cause greater than himself. To some degree, it was a bit arrogant to say that it wasn't selfish, but at the same time, that lack of desire for personal gain was what held it from being arrogance. At least, that's how he viewed it. So, with a quiet nod and a small smile, Kokuto wordlessly acknowledged the sentiment. It was an interesting standpoint, nonetheless.

"Hopefully, once things settle down a bit, you'll be able to visit."

But, as Alastair inquired of his own family, Kokuto's expression quickly shifted. He hadn't expected the conversation to turn to him, so, he was a bit shocked at the statement. But, he took a deep breath, mentally preparing himself to speak.

"Ah...well, before I became...this, I was human. Parents were ordinary folk, but, they and my little sister were my world, my sister above everythin' else."

He sighed softly, leaning back in the chair.

"Pretty sure my folks are gone by now. We grew up in the eighties, before spiritual beings were runnin' rampant like they are today. If they did somehow stay alive to this day, they'd probably be around half a millennia by now."

He paused again, a hand absentmindedly reaching into his pocket, before refraining, leaning forward and resting his arms on his legs, his gaze turned to the floor.

"No idea what happened to my folks, but...I know that my sister is dead, somewhere in the Soul Cycle. Maybe she's in that place that Shinigami live in, the Soul Society. We....we both died in a car crash. Head-on collision."

Part of him wanted to tell the rest of the story, to fill in the blanks. It gnawed and ached at him, but more than anything else, it made him angry. His hands trembled in his lap as his eyes burned with malice...but, he once again took a deep breath, shakily exhaling and leveling his voice before he began again, chuckling softly.

"Got into a bit of a ramble there, sorry. Should probably stop, so I don't end up talkin' yer ear off."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum