Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 4 Empty Re: Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami

Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:34 am
Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 4 HEADER_tumblr_a5b5f603103629f26c324d1d51eb8cb2_720fb8d8_1280-1-cutout

Lerna chuckled when she made note of the woman's choice apparent, it was probably the most fitting one to say the least. And she couldn't help but smile fondly to herself as she stared off into the distancer. Ah yes. Such a vile creature~ She closed her eyes as she thought back to those days. "As vile and as wretched as they came. as for the sword, I think that that was by far the lesser of the two prizes don't you think?" She hummed, glancing toward her teacher as she did. Leave it to a shinigami to fixate on the damn sword. Not that she could blame the woman, power had it's draws. She often wondered what it would have been like, if she had simply demanded tribute of some other kind. Or moved on. But she had been younf, motivated. And prideful. The great Yamato No Orochi did not leave a job mostly done.

"Then again, perhaps the best prize being handed out was Susanoo. It is rare for a good to take interest in the dwellers of earth, at least in those days." She drummed her fingers, glancing back to her teacher.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:04 am

Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 4 QBwp8R0

Furukawa Asami | Officer of the 5th

"You would rather have the love of the woman then? Interesting is the comparison between such a choice and that of the Moon Princess. Love against eternity, if one might call an item from the Imperial Regalia eternal."

It was certainly a fair assessment, that she had focused upon one treasure to the detriment of the other. Perhaps that was her bias, favoured towards mythical weapons, but she was hardly a mundane treasure hunter. Rather she commented on the notion that there was nothing left of those others that the monster had consumed, and that alone was rather saddening.

"What a prize Susanoo was then. A dangerous man by many a recollection though perhaps that is the plight of a god in the land of mortals, to walk the same paths but never touch the same ground. An interesting curse in itself."

So she was Kushinadahime then. The pieces fit together rather well, given her other comments, but how exactly did it apply to the woman before Asami? She was headstrong and confident now, so perhaps the truth was in her past. To have felt a great loss of some kind and remained unable to offer any aid, simply a damsel in distress.

Burning the midnight oil | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:08 pm
Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 4 HEADER_tumblr_a5b5f603103629f26c324d1d51eb8cb2_720fb8d8_1280-1-cutout

Lerna couldn't help but chuckle just a little. "Well the way you say it like THAT it sounds a bit more clandestine. I think companionship is something valuable. Sure... a sword is nice. But a sword is just a sword, I think I would take not even necessarily a partner. But an ally, someone I can rely on, far more than just some sword." She noted quietly, closing her eyes as she imagined the notion of such fixations on swords. It was something she resented, glancing toward her Zanpaku'to and feeling that dull....tingle up her spine.

"What is it that you want out of your afterlife, Sensei? Are you looking for a Susanoo to help you through it? Or are you looking for the sword that will make you a legend?" She asked with an idle fond smirk in the woman's direction, her head canting a bit to the side as she idly drummed her fingers along her knee as she watched them. They had certainly gotten into conversational territory that she didn't quite expect. Certainly this was far more than she'd ever really considered getting into with her Instructor. She respected and ...indeed just.... appreciated Asami for any number of things. And yet, it was strange seeing more into the ......somewhat almost sinister side of her. Something almost ominous with which she had conducted herself throughout this conversation.

And she couldn't help but wonder just who this woman was. Why was she so.......intentionally mysterious?
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:13 am

Her desire was certainly admirable, companionship was rather pure in its simplicity. Though that assumption did do discredit to a fabled weapon, one that could perhaps have given you enough power that a companion was unnecessary. But perhaps that was a hidden warning, as it had not saved its former wielder from a grim fate.

"These are still only tales of myth, Lerna. There is no Susanoo out there ready to face my problems in my stead, nor do I need a weapon beyond the blades at my hip. They will make me legend enough, and I will be content with that."

There was a mystery to her, perhaps even a menace, but it was not ambition that defined Asami. She rather hoped that much was clear enough by her intonation. They had talked quite a bit, a little more perhaps than she had intended, but it had been insightful at some level. She certainly felt like she understood Lerna just a little more than before, and it would be remiss of her to give a false impression of herself even if she was holding some details back.

"Unfortunately, there are still monsters like the Orochi out there though. So the duty falls on the likes of us to become the heroes of our own stories. So keep up the practising. We'll work on your Hakuda again."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:43 am

Lerna couldn't help but smile softly at the woman's words. Letting her mind drift back to the last time she'd seen Susanoo. That fucking bastard. All the same, her eyes drifted back down towards Asami with a light expression. It was comforting that the woman had so much faith in her, and she couldn't help but feel comforted by that fact. "Thank you Ma'am. Though I can't help but feel less like Susanoo and more like the princess these days. Especially with the way that the world is advancing." She noted with a gentle sigh. If only things could just be a bit more stagnant, just a little.

But wishful thinking wasn't going to put the baddies to rest, nor was it going to save the world. Speaking of baddies, Lerna offered a warm look at Asami and nodded. "Soul Society has plenty of heroes to rely on. I hope that eventually I'll be able to count myself as one of them. And if I do, I'm sure I'll have you to thank for it."
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:38 pm

"You're not so helpless. I can tell that much, at least. It takes a certain level of perseverance to make it as a Shinigami, either you have it or you don't."

Those crimson eyes shone just a little brighter as Asami made a pointed effort to meet Lerna's gaze. She had been right in her assumption of who Lerna saw herself as in the tale, then. But that was not who Asami saw when she looked at her now, in the abstract. It was not that she thought she was the best teacher her students could get, but she had made some effort to look into her performance and it was certainly adequate. The level where they would have no trouble dropping straight into a squad and making some headway.

"When you make it, thank yourself first. I'm only trying to keep you pointed in the right direction, the rest is on you."

Breaking away from the stare, she ran a hand through her hair and swept her fringe off her face again. As if the movement had awakened it, or perhaps it was Asami's passion, the fascinator that sat atop her head now looked only more pointed and defined. Almost like it was standing to attention.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:16 pm

Lerna couldn't help but chuckle lightly and smile at the mention of her not being so helpless, glancing toward the other woman and sighing a bit. She was sure she was.....what...capable? But with the things going on in the worlds of the living? The demons this world had contended with? What did that even amount to? It wasn't just about ....how hard you tried. It was so muchm ore than that that was relevant. She couldn't help but reach up and lightly rub her eyes, thinking about it all. "Thank you Sensei." She noted softly, slowly standing up and riding to her feet, a grunt escaping her as she stared up at the sky. They had been talking for a while now... the stars would be out soon, one or two brave lights shining even with the sun still not yet gone. Hm.

"This is a bit sudden, I know. But do you think we could go one more round before the night's over?" She asked softly, staring off into the distance as she did, eventually turning toward the woman and giving a sheepish smile. "You can decline of course, I just uh, usually like a bit of exercise after I eat." she added, suddenly remembering that in fact many actually avoided that kind of physical activity directly after eating.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:38 pm

It was certainly getting late, she was already too late to head to the fourth barracks as she was wont to do. Asami mused to herself as she followed Lerna skyward once more, tidying up what was left of her food and bundling it together to be easily disposed of. Moving to stand, she reached her arms out above her head and stretched out just a little in a surprisingly catlike manoeuvre.

"Don't threaten me with a good time."

Asami teased softly, straightening out her outfit once her arms had begun to return from the heavens. She was animated now, more than she had been before their little discussion, perhaps there was some kind of infectious energy going around. Regardless, she would never turn down a willing student. They had only just eaten, so maybe they could start a little slower than an outright bout though. The last thing she wanted was to see that meal again tonight.

"But I'll allow it, if you think you can keep up then let's go through a few of the basic motions."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:25 pm

Lerna paused, glancing in Asami's direction as the woman promtply arched her body into that smooth stretch. Naturally, Lerna took a moment to RESPECTFULLY check her teacher out during that little stretch, before smiling as the woman turned her way and hit her with THAT. Her expression broke out into a sly grin in response to that playful little line and she got all the more hyped. She knew that Asami would be up for a little squaring off. Lerna setting her own used bowl off to the side where it wouldn't get stepped on or anything like that before circling Asami a little and then giving a roll of her shoulders, flashing that confidence in the existing grin.

"In for a penny, in for a pounding." Deciding to reciprocate her own borderline suggestive line as the pair of them would presumably get ready to start warming up against eachother. She ....of course felt that tinge of danger. She'd seen her teacher in action plenty of times. Countless times she'd been thrown. Hitting the mats, or just flat out getting crumpled for demonstrations. Lerna was a durable girl though, and every hit was a lesson. Or something like that.

"So uh, no mats or anything. Should we stick with light moves, or you down to get some grass in your pretty hair?" She asked with a smirk. Implying, quite bravely, that she had any chance of knocking the woman down.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:21 pm

Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 4 FJLdwCk

Did she notice the attention that her action had earned her, perhaps, but Asami had made no immediate move to chastise Lerna for it? What the teacher did do was slip out of her heels, letting her feet truly feel the ground beneath her, before removing her coat and setting down her Zanpakuto on top of it. One might have thought she would remove those fancy hair ornaments, but Asami did not do so.

She then circled away from Lerna in the opposite direction, leaving a bit of a gap between them, but she cracked a single sharp laugh. Then that smile of hers shifted into a serious frown, as it often did when she was throwing people around on the mats. Always ready to get down to business.

"Already coming at me with the trash talk? How bold of you."

A hand raised, she beckoned Lerna towards her and adopted one of her traditional stances. It would have been easy to leap straight into a brawl but she would rather just walk her few the moves again, to get things started.

"Come at me, but take your time with your strikes. Remember to focus on your core first, and let the rest start to happen naturally."

Here to fight | END POST
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum