Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Setting the Sea on Fire (Tier/Ignacio) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Setting the Sea on Fire (Tier/Ignacio) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Setting the Sea on Fire (Tier/Ignacio) - Page 2 Empty Re: Setting the Sea on Fire (Tier/Ignacio)

Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:46 pm
Setting the Sea on Fire (Tier/Ignacio) - Page 2 Ds0HV3y

Tier Harribel | The Shark of Hueco

“Solitude is never the answer. I feel that is a sin our kind understands far too well.”

She, herself, understands the torturous sentence that is solitude. In fact, she has come to learn recently that solitude is but a means that humans punish one another. Then, in that case, it is accurate for Hollow to become kindred with such a horrific way of life. Tier did not understand Starrk when they had first met, but after so long, she thinks she now has an inkling of an understanding. It is far too late though. He is gone and only Lilynette remains.

“One day, I wish to explore these seas, but first- Actually, have you ever swam, Ignacio?”

She was going to go on a tangent about her newfound dream of taking a boat and getting lost at sea, but the idea of Ignacio swimming stole her attention. The way he had kicked at the coming tide made Tier giggle silently. He is like an infant, but she would not call him that outloud.
END POST | Former Tercera Espada

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Setting the Sea on Fire (Tier/Ignacio) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Setting the Sea on Fire (Tier/Ignacio) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Setting the Sea on Fire (Tier/Ignacio) - Page 2 Empty Re: Setting the Sea on Fire (Tier/Ignacio)

Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:10 am

Setting the Sea on Fire (Tier/Ignacio) - Page 2 M5fVlFX

Ignacio Vega

Solitude was all he had known for so long in his time on Hueco Mundo, living a strained existence amongst the other Flaming Rings. They had some semblance of consciousness, but ultimately they had never been companions only underlings.

"Our kind are not often known to be reasonable. Violence and cannibalism do not endear one to camaraderie."

At the mention of his experience with water, though, there was the first crack in his stoic visage as Ignacio actually flinched away in response. He understood the concept, certainly, but the thought of submerging himself in the ocean was so offputting and unwelcoming. He was not familiar with the liquid in the slightest, it felt dangerous in a manner that he could not quite place.

"I cannot say I have ever had the urge to experience such a thing. The endless desert is my home, this aquatic paradise may well be pleasant upon the eyes but I am content here upon the shore."

The Black Flame | END POST
Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:28 pm

“We make what we must to continue a sane existence. How displeasing it proves still, I must add. A change is required if our home is to ever feel like a society.”

Despite everything they’ve done, the past rulers of Hueco Mundo understood one thing: unity, even under the guise of fear, works better than everything else going on between Hollow. However, Tier would like to focus more on Ignacio’s sudden remarks about the sea. She couldn’t help but find his disdain humorous. Most Hollow would probably show little care towards the great mass of water. Tier cannot help that her affinity with water affects her judgment when it comes to this topic. Is it wrong that she wants her fellow Arrancar to experience it and come to enjoy it as much as she does?

“I find a change necessary, in all honesty. The same as you are unfamiliar with these waters is the same as our brethren being unfamiliar with simply being kind to one another. We should change that.”

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:37 pm

Setting the Sea on Fire (Tier/Ignacio) - Page 2 M5fVlFX

Ignacio Vega

"You have loftier goals than I imagined, Tier Harribel. A functioning society in Hueco Mundo is not something that will come to pass overnight, such is the scale of systematic change required. But I would welcome such, at least. So perhaps you have one supporter."

Looking towards the ocean again, his gaze hardened with resolve. He wanted to trust her words, he wanted to believe that change was good, but even still he was not completely sold on the one matter before them. Gingerly, one foot moved forwards. Edging closer to the tide little by little.

"You intend to guide them on this path? Our brethren? Then guide me now. I am satisfied with my ignorance, so show me why I should want to do this. Why I should change my ways, and how."

A hand raised to loosen the fastening of his swordbelt, if anything else that was definitely going to get in the way should he be directed into the waters. It was all a metaphor, and yet he was deathly serious. Her enjoyment of the water was so alien to him, but there was no denying that a part of him did want to understand. To venture into parts unknown for curiosity's sake.

Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:40 pm

“Of course.”

She did not share anymore of her thoughts as she noticed Ignacio step forward, preparing himself for the waters ahead as he stepped. Tier did not expect to be entering the sea during their time here, but if he wishes to test the waters, she shall humor him. Besides, there is more at stake here than just measly drowning.

“The waters are not for everyone.”

That too is but an analogy. Peace is not something every person wants, and it would be foolhardy to expect everyone to sit and accept such change. She knows this as much as anyone. However, the fact one wishes to try such a thing makes the dream all the more feasible to achieve. Tier could not help but move, closing in on the barely taller man. Placing her hands on his back, she would usher him further outward as the waters rose around them until they were waist deep.

“Lay back. I will make sure you do not sink.”

It was a command, in a way, Tier’s hands on the man’s back still as she would try to guide him backward so that his back would be laying flat on the swaying water. He would feel the water move him gently, up and down, back and forth, as if trying to take him out of her grip like a Siren’s lullaby. It felt cold, but hypnotic.

“You must allow the sea to carry you. Relax your whole body so that you are balanced and do not sink beneath its surface.”

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:02 pm

Setting the Sea on Fire (Tier/Ignacio) - Page 2 I8X7jm2

Ignacio Vega

It was simple enough to leave his sword behind when it really shouldn't have been. He was defenceless now, unarmed even, and forcing himself into a situation that put himself at a severe disadvantage. But Ignacio was not above going out on a limb for a cause that he believed in, that was why he was here in the first place after all. So, he advanced whilst Tier moved behind him and then continued to do so until near half of him was lost to the depths.

"It sounds ever so straightforward when you say it. Very well."

Falling backwards into her arms, it would be hard to call the movement graceful as an icy embrace wrapped around all of his body. Spreading up from his already submerged legs, his body grew tighter and tighter as she ordered him to relax. It felt so utterly unnatural, as his arms splayed out on both sides and struggled against the force that was dragging them deeper still. His legs, which had once supported him but had been replaced by Tier's grip, soon followed suit and flailed against gravity in some feeble bid to tread on water.

The water was only a few feet deep and yet, was it not for her, he would have plunged into the depths. Admittedly, he could have forced himself back to his feet but that sensation of placing his life in the hands of another was not lost on him. Slowly, bitterly, as if it went against every core function, Ignacio began to loosen up. The flailing slowed until it was just a gentle paddle, he was no longer twisting awkwardly. He was still. And so his lips curled into a smile as he found himself gazing upwards at the sky above.

"I still think I will sink if you move. But I can feel the water trying to lift me too."

Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:41 pm

“It is straightforward. It is when you begin overthinking that you find yourself unable to achieve anything. We are creatures lost in our own sin, one aspect defining us. When we begin to let go of it all or truly embrace it, that is when we learn that the world is so much bigger.”

She decided to throw a bit more of her thoughts out there. Her view of their kind is interesting. Tier does not find Hollow an evil race by want. They are all forced to live their lives tortured by sin, but is she not an example that such sin is conquerable? Is Nel not an example of such? Hollow fall prey to that desire to eat, devour, and grow, but once they no longer hunger, what is left is a being that is capable of change. It is a shame that so many refuse to differ from their path of annihilation.

“Do not fret, Ignacio. I shall not let you go until you are able to float on your own.”

She found herself smiling a bit. It was interesting, having another outside of her Fraccion put their faith in her. Tier remembers Santa and how she almost shattered what they had. She does not want to make that mistake again, not with someone like Ignacio. She feels she connects with him in a way she has not with many before. It was interesting to feel him tighten, but it comforted her as he slowly let those worries wash away. She let her view follow his eyes up into the sky, the day darkening into night as stars began blinking into existence.

“What are your thoughts on stars, Ignacio?”

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:02 pm

Ignacio Vega

"So I should not think about it, or should I think solely about it? Those are two rather different paths."

It surprised Ignacio that he was being even this talkative, and yet perhaps it was the connection of two spirits that had swum in the same ocean for so long and never before crossed paths. How few of their kind there were that could actually hold such a conversation. The memories clawed at the back of his mind, those beasts that had fallen upon him without reason or logic. That was why he had hidden away in the furthest reaches, to try to ensure that those who sought him out had a reason to do so.

At the mention of her continued support, he could not help but feel guilty. Her selflessness was admirable, but was he preventing her from enjoying the waters as she had previously expressed? Equipped with her guidance, he set about losing himself further. Stripping away the thoughts of resistance one-by-one until his head was as empty as could possibly be managed. If his sin was to burn so strongly, then how antithetical was it to submerge himself in blissful ignorance?

The evening sun was setting beyond the horizon, the night sky coming alive with lights the like of which Ignacio had never really seen before. He had passed through the Earth realm so rarely that its beauty was easily overlooked, but there was nothing else in his head to occupy his mind and so he latched upon it. Golden eyes darted from star to star with a genuine sense of awe before they rolled further upwards to look at Tier as she posed him a question. It was still almost impossible for him to tell, but he wanted to believe that she was smiling as he was.

"They make a mockery of the sky of our homeland, do they not? Illuminating even the depths of the night with their celestial lights. Ever bright but ever distant. Is that what you see too, Tier, or do they paint a different picture?"

Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:18 pm

“I find them mediocre, honestly. Our eternal night does not require so many lights to stay illuminated or to be just as beautiful. Why ponder about things that are beyond our control when there is so much we allow to slip through our fingers? Our sky is just as magnificent, as long as we believe it is. I know that my stars are not out of my reach. I just have to discover the methods on which to capture them.”

Her gaze hardened, a thought taking precedent in her mind. One again, she could not help but remember her Fraccion, the many times they’ve spent gazing into the sky of Hueco Mundo. It was those times that left Tier with a feeling of fulfillment. Earth’s sky is something new, amazing truthfully, but it holds not a candle to the sensation that comes with doing anything with those you love. Maybe her words were too vague for Igancio. Whatever the case may be, Tier couldn’t help but chuckle. She had noticed something.

“You are rather adept at this for a man who knows nothing but his burning passion.”

Tier did a bad, but one would only know by her pointing it out. Igancio would notice it shortly after, the fact that his body floated freely coming as quickly as he could understand. Tier’s hands are no longer under him, finding solace folded under her chest. Mischief developed in her eyes as she waited for the eventuality that is Ignacio’s flailing and loss of focus.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:55 pm

Ignacio Vega

Her view on the stars was much more contrasting than he had assumed when she had called it into question, but there was still wisdom to her words that he could respect. The sky of their home was a great constant, unchanging and oppressive, but perhaps there was a comfort to be gained in that perpetual state. He was not a man who enjoyed standing still, even when circumstance called upon him to do so. That was why he was at his best when moving forwards, that constant drive to seek out and find an answer to his problems. Their eyes met as she looked down at him, taking note of something that he certainly had not.

"There is more to a fire than just how hot it burns."

And for a single serene moment, Ignacio pondered on exactly what she had meant by that last comment - preceded as it was by a muffled laugh. Then he took note of the feeling of his body in the water, which was slowly creeping higher up his chest as he slowly began to sink, and realised that Tier's hands were no longer at his back. His body grew stiff as he tried to keep balance in a similar manner by remaining deathly still, but he could feel the tide slowly dragging him under. Instinct took over again, despite her prior advice, and he tried to correct himself.

After that, everything was rapidly lost as he descended into a flailing mess before finally finding his feet on the seabed and pushing himself to his feet. Sweeping the wet clumps of hair off his face, he turned to face Tier once more and took note of her amusement at his expense. For a second it seemed Ignacio might have pouted and then a bemused smile spread across his lips.

"How long was I managing on my own? I really had it for a bit there, before I lost it."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum