Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Huh, you look different [Asami, Lerna] Left_bar_bleue0/0Huh, you look different [Asami, Lerna] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Huh, you look different [Asami, Lerna] Empty Huh, you look different [Asami, Lerna]

Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:36 pm
Huh, you look different [Asami, Lerna] HEADER_sample-13f9cdb3e06a358db10b7ec2848236b2

I was....not often that Lerna experienced such radical changes in her life. Honestly, coming to the soul society had been one of the bigger ones. But feeling this ....new.... form. Her TRUE form. However derived it may have been. She had the best sleep she'd had in...quite a long time. And when she had finally woken up, it was almost alarming how nice and clear everything was, until she remembered. Ah..... she was supposed to have breakfast with Asami.

It had been a whirlwind of a time the other day. She'd first touched base with Murasaki, there was a bit of .....a fun time to be had sorting things through. She would be meeting with the Shino Academy officials later for verification and some other things. But otherwise she ...more or less had VERY few people who knew about her current form. Annnnnnnnd that was Asami's spiritual pressure. She could sense the woman on her way. Lerna bolted upright, having overslept a bit, and promptly got herself dressed as quickly as possible!

A bit of scuffling about, but eventually she got herself squeezed into her old uniform, definitely might have to fix that up later. But for now, she tied her Zanpaku'to to her hip and slipped out of her room just as she spotted Asami in the distance, waiting patiently. Hoo boy....

She took just a moment, making sure she was .....not TOO ruffled, and promptly put on a calm confident smile, the same one she always wore, and made her way over to the woman.
"Gmorning Sensei!" She'd greet. Same voice as always.That at least was the same.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Huh, you look different [Asami, Lerna] Left_bar_bleue0/0Huh, you look different [Asami, Lerna] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Huh, you look different [Asami, Lerna] Empty Re: Huh, you look different [Asami, Lerna]

Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:13 am

Huh, you look different [Asami, Lerna] QBwp8R0

Furukawa Asami | Officer of the 5th

The sight of an unfamiliar purple-haired woman approaching her at some pace was enough to draw an eyebrow raise from Asami. There was something about her mannerisms that seemed familiar, the way in which she carried herself, but this was unquestionably someone she did not know. Then, they spoke. To her. It was a rather surreal experience for the Shinigami, who was still absolutely thrown by this whole encounter.

Where was Lerna anyway?

"I'm sorry.. Are you a new student from the academy? I.. Do you need assistance?"

It wasn't that she was particularly flustered, but the situation certainly did put her on edge. Not that many people called her Sensei anyway. And this 'student' certainly didn't look the part. That sword certainly did not look like a typical Asauchi too.

Burning the midnight oil | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Huh, you look different [Asami, Lerna] Empty Re: Huh, you look different [Asami, Lerna]

Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:05 am
Huh, you look different [Asami, Lerna] HEADER_sample-13f9cdb3e06a358db10b7ec2848236b2

Lerna couldn't help but smile just a little at the sight of Asami getting absolutely super flustergasted. Or was she just a bit confused? Truly the mystery of non mod soul facial expressions. She still gave a gentle chuckle when she made note of the woman's confusion. Hm, voice wasn't enough huh? She noticed the brief dart of eyes toward her zanpaku'to. AH, she supposed that would obscure things a bit. "It's me, Sensei. Lerna. Substitute Shinigami and Intern of Seventh Division. I uh..... learning the name of my Zanpaku'to had some......side effects. You'll probably have like a memo about it. But uh........surprise? We should probably have the rest of this conversation over the pancakes." She noted with a sheepish smile.

No doubt Asami was going to be rolled, and a LOT of thoughts would be going through her mind. Lerna was intent on getting the girl in a chair and with some food in front of her so she could digest the information.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:14 am

"Lerna? Oh my. You look... Different with the whole purple hair. Completely threw me off there."

It was quite a bold statement, to dye one's hair to be more in line with their Zanpakuto spirit. Still, there were some other details about her face that Asami had been sure were different before. It was like she was an entirely different person, externally at least. Was this some kind of sorcery perhaps? A trick she hadn't heard of? That's what she got for failing to keep up with modern Kido.

Besides, what would it look like if she decided to dress up as Musai Kyoutei? The mask and the turquoise and everything else, it would certainly be quite a look. She'd probably be unrecognisable too. Fortunately, Asami caught herself before she was too far down that rabbit hole. Putting on a cheerful smile, she pushed ahead through the nonsense.

"Well, congratulations! Looks like we are celebrating after all. I know just the thing!"

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:57 pm

Lerna paused for a bit at that and chuckled, smiling calmly as she watched the woman reel a little from this new bout of information. Which, to be fair, why wouldn't she? Lerna reached up and gently scratched the back of her head sheepishly, shifting her hair back behind her ears a little before looking off to the side. "It's certainly gotten a lot of uh..... looks as a result. But it's still me under all this." She pointed out, and paused, looking at Asami for a few long moments before she reached out and gently rested her hand on the woman's shoulder, to try and get her to.....recenter.

"That's not all that's been going on though, Sensei. Actually, there's something I should probably tell you. Something.....I was afraid that ANYONE would know or ...find out when I came here." She noted softly, "Something...I'd rather tell you than you just ....get it along with the memo." She sighed, taking a deep breath. She was.....fine right? Murasaki herself had said that she wouldn't let anything happen to her. But .....that didn't mean people's opinions wouldn't change in regards to her. Would Asami think less of her? That she was .... a tool.... not a person? She wasn't sure.

"I'm not .... just some human. I'm a Mod Soul."
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:34 pm

"Oh, I bet you got plenty of those before."

Asami chastised softly, already turning her focus to the pancake store that she had been waiting outside for this very moment. A small moment of satisfaction in the middle of this sea of confusion. But Lerna kept on talking, and those words kept on a-coming. Now, what was she to make of all that? A secret, a memo, a Mod Soul? She paused mid-turn, her brow furrowing with what could best be described as relief if it also gave her time to process this confusion.

"You've always been a Mod Soul? All this time? But now you've got a.." Her smile broadened, if only because she didn't know what else to do with it as this information was still spinning around in her head. "Alright. Well, I guess that means I don't have to pull my punches anymore."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:59 pm

Lerna was.....surprised. It wasn't as if the reaction was unexpected, but it was just so....fast. Asami took it all in stride and seemed just....completely unbothered by it. And she couldn't help but ....smile sheepishly at that. "Yea. The look I had before. Was just sortof... my best whatever. Of putting a body together. But well, with my Zanpaku'to's help. This is ..... as Me as it gets. Outside of just being my bare pill." She noted with a sheepish smile, letting out a HAH in response to the woman's comment about holding back. And she was .....happy.

"You don't seem that surprised at all. I .....I mean I know you're a teacher and all that but . I dunno. You aren't the first person I've run into today... and it's been..... kinda all over the place..." She noted softly, sighing as she slumped her shoulders. "Some people seemed just...confused. One or two seemed....angry. Some just seemed.....afraid of me." She looked back to the woman and put on a relieved smile.

"I'm glad you don't seem bothered by it." She noted and promptly stood upright, having followed Asami's gaze she chuckled. "We should probably get going. We don't wnna miss out on breakfast hours after all, right?" She offered. Hopefully a little food would help her calm down.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:34 pm

"I mean, I am confused. A little overwhelmed or taken aback even. But it's not like I could treat you all that different anyway. Maybe I wish you'd just told me right out of the gate, but I also understand why you didn't."

Words were flying from her lips faster than her brain could keep up with, but that at least meant they were genuine, straight from the heart or something like that. Wait. Was that insensitive now?

"You're right, I'm your teacher and the duty falls on me to make sure that you are doing alright. So, let's get some food in you and go from there."

The dessert parlour was a cute little place, tucked away in the midst of other buildings that were almost intended to overshadow it, a few tables were all that fitted inside. Of course, Asami had brought her here on the recommendation of the pancakes but it served a much wider variety in actuality. And given the news recently given, she wouldn't really mind what Lerna ended up with.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:03 pm

Lerna.....nodded softly and allowed herself a little sly chuckle as the woman definitely was WAY more on the back foot than she usually was. "Well, I had considered that. But well...you were a teacher. And aren't you like...a n officer? I don't even know what squad you're in. Sure it would have been....nice....and liberating to have told you. But I ....I couldn't really risk that." she noted with a sigh. And with that.....she offered a ...gentle....soft smile. Nodding her head as they made their way into the establishment.

Of course she didn't let recent events harm her appetite, and she got herself several pancakes with a nice little smattering of justr ...plain with syrup. and one or two suggestions that Asami had promised would be good. She ate for a moment. Focusing on the pancakes which....honestly were nicer than she expected. But ....now and then, she'd look up at her teacher. Thinking about what she'd said. About wanting to know sooner. And she was done with.....two of her pancakes when she ....considered something.

"Hm. What you said. Just now. I'm curious. If I said that I had something else to share. I can't help but wonder if you'd think .......different about me." She noted..... seeming to ....chew the idea. It wasn't as if Captain murasaki would allow anyone to fuck around with her. She'd even revealed her origins to the woman. So ....she couldn't....entirely hide behind fear. But there was also the notion. Would Asami....think of her differently?

"Do you remember, when you guessed who I was. In the Story of Susanoo's Blade?" She asked quietly.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:33 am

In contrast to Lerna, Asami's appetite had been suitably diminished by this revelation. Picking at her own pancakes with a little less of the gusto that she had previously promoted them with. She enjoyed them, but there was something else that was genuinely too distracting for her to keep the focus on her food when it was just sitting before her. She had read about Mod Souls, heard about them in passing, but seeing one right there was something else entirely.

Holding a chunk of pancake on the end of a small fork, Asami's crimson eyes still seemed like they were processing matters as they gazed into Lerna at the asking of her latest question.

"You already did a fair bit of sharing, but I suppose now you've gone and made me even more curious. You certainly look like one hell of a Kushinadahime so are you now going to tell me that was not the case?"

She was teasing her, and yet there was a moment of real underlying interest. What could Lerna be implying? That she saw herself as something different? The monster perhaps? That made sense actually. People had certainly treated her as such, probably made her feel all the worse for it. Should she speak first, avert those negative thoughts and reaffirm her belief in the woman before her? Then again, if she was wrong then maybe Lerna would get the wrong impression. She wanted to help her student deal with this, to understand just a little more too.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum