Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Stoicism Versus Benevolence - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Stoicism Versus Benevolence - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Stoicism Versus Benevolence - Page 2 Empty Re: Stoicism Versus Benevolence

Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:07 pm

FREYJA SOLHEIM

"Jackelope... An interesting name. I suppose we will see in due time. A steak would be nice."

Freyja nodded her head softly, turning her heads gaze towards Arianda. She would motion for her Soldat to follow as the two women began to walk forward, both of them now at her side. Freyja would allow those icy blue hues to observe her surroundings, noting every particular sight in the mountainous region that caught her eye. Casting her gaze towards Arianda, Freyja would tilt her head in curiosity. Such a generous offer for a woman she had only met. Freyja didn't feel comfortable with the thought of letting someone else pay for her meal, but little was her complaint as she continued to walk beside the benevolent demon.

"I find it difficult to accept that offer, but I won't refuse it. In any case, how has life been in this region? I am still surprised to see a demon walking in broad daylight, living amongst humans. Of course, my opinion of them is neutral. One of my peers in the Vandenreich is a demon... I'm just curious if you don't mind answering."

AZURE GUARDIAN

Last edited by Iori on Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:15 am; edited 3 times in total
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Stoicism Versus Benevolence - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue128100/999999Stoicism Versus Benevolence - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:49 pm

Song: Funkyard - By: Arrowhead & Zentra - Word Count: N/A

"I don't mind at all. And, well, I don't live amongst them. This is just the closest place to my home. I would think there would be records on that too, given it was Caly who got it for me. Regardless, they do not care because they do not know. I don't go about bandying around what I am. Racism would follow me wherever I walked if I did, and I would prefer to avoid such attention. After all, those who do know me here would likely change their color if they found out what I am. Even if a world where demons were not disliked may never exist, it doesn't mean I can't try to live in it. So, in all, life has been nice. I keep far away from attacking hollows unless there are no immediate Shinigami in the area, I can't exactly do any of that good ol purifying shit. Overall, things have been peaceful, even if the days can be a bit lonely."

Arianda gave Freyja a small smile and continued to lead them to the restaurant she described. After a small amount of time, of Arianda likely pointing out a few good views areas, and lightly mentioning that there is a skiing scene in Sierra. Not to mention, Arianda didn't pay much attention to Freyja's discomfort. It was better that Arianda, a regular, pay for their meals; especially considering she knew the people at the restaurant and also had more than enough money to set her up for juuussst about the rest of her life. Eventually, they arrived at the restaurant and Arianda opened the door inside for Freyja and her Soldat Amelia. Afterwards, the demon followed them inside and smiled at the woman working at the front. In a quick statement, she asked for a table for three, and then all three were soon shown to their respective seats; very likely with Ari sitting directly across from Freyja and Amelia at Freyja's side. The demon hummed, leaning back in her chair a tiny bit before looking towards Freyja.

"Any thoughts so far? It's a quaint little place~ But I won't spoil the steak. I leave that up to you. I've found that overselling things tend to cause more disappointment than satisfaction. When you're ready, you too Amelia, I'm sure we can wave a waiter over to us."

Luckily, Arianda already knew what she wanted; she had been here enough to have a favorite regular already. However, she was more than happy to allow Freyja and Amelia all the time they needed.

Last edited by darkfunnel on Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Stoicism Versus Benevolence - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Stoicism Versus Benevolence - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:57 pm

FREYJA SOLHEIM

"An admirable notion. To live life as you see fit, guided by your own principles. In a world that might well wish for the eradication of your kind, I find that worldview quite commendable."

Freyja offered a compliment in passing, a genuine admission of her impression on the woman so far. She seemed a woman who danced to her own beat, one who possessed a will to remain steadfast no matter what life decided to throw their way. She pondered, for a moment, what led the woman to fight under the banner of Shadowfall, a collective of demons who thrived in chaos. She seemed nothing like them. Of course, appearances tend to be deceptive. She would not come to a conclusion quite yet. On the other hand, the benevolent demon hadn't particularly showed any sign of malicious intent. In other words, she appeared relatively harmless, eager to treat Freyja and her soldat to a meal. Perhaps, she could relax around her, allow herself to enjoy the moment. It seemed to be the most logical approach. Plus, it'd allow her to maintain her own sense of etiquette.

Freyja and her Soldat would enter the establishment, light smiles lining their lips respectively, a mark of their approval. They were visibly impressed by the aroma that dominated the establishment. Along with Ari, the two women would follow suit, seating themselves across from the woman. Freyja gave her menu a curious observation, her finger tracing small points between each selection. For the first time, her soldat, Amelia, seemed to lighten up as well. Her eyes were more adventurous, clearly in the mood to enjoy a feast rather than a light meal. Freyja stroked her chin, contemplating her choice. She could allow herself an indulgence, no?

"I find it quite pleasing to the eye, though I'm more impressed by the aroma that fills the air. We've mad our choice. We'll choose each half of the menu. I must admit, I'm quite famished since our trip. Falling in line with your carefree rhythm, I suppose I'll allow myself an indulgence," she remarked with a chuckle, setting the menu down. These carefree individuals always seemed to amuse her. To a woman who prided herself on ironclad principles, they were true rarities in this world.

AZURE GUARDIAN

Last edited by Iori on Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Stoicism Versus Benevolence - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue128100/999999Stoicism Versus Benevolence - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:49 pm

Arianda was quite glad with their impression of this restaurant; and especially with Freyja's initial impression. Sure, Ari was putting a good foot forward, but it wasn't like she was hiding herself from the woman. She was experiencing natural Ari, and not some facade meant to protect the demon. However, sometime after they sat down, Freyja laid down a comment that made Ari freeze as she was looking at her menu. The entire menu...?

Now, here's the thing. Arianda wasn't exactly poor, no she was honestly too rich for her own good; and still never spent most of it because she had no reason to. However, it was easy for her to see that two women wanting to get what was going to be a thousand dollar feast for completely free. Even for Ari, who could afford such a dinner tab with relative ease, it was a bit much to ask for; even for the most reasonable of people. She blinked a few times at Freyja, looking positively adorably dumbstruck before finally being able to do more than stare and blink. Instead of bowing to their sudden order, she decided to stand up for herself in the nicest way possible; and also direct things in a much better direction for them all.

"Freyja... I don't mind footing the bill for you and Amelia, especially because I want to treat you to a good time. But, can we please instead chop that whole menu order to enough for three women who want to enjoy their evening together? I know I would personally enjoy that much much more."

Arianda was honest and sincere. She would definitely enjoy their time together more if Amelia and Freyja didn't try to squeeze Arianda's coin purse dry. Not to mention, if Arianda really was considering a bit of a slow game to date Freyja, this would be a very poor way to set it up. However, Arianda had enough confidence in her words, and herself, that she would not offend nor hurt her chances with her statements and question. Not to mention, she did have Freyja's current opinion of her to help out somewhat... and if this was some test, hopefully Ari could pass it without trouble. Regardless, it was hard not to be taken by surprise with how very suddenly they went for the gusto. Regardless, Arianda was determined not to be offended or unkind to them. After all, Freyja didn't seem like the type to try and take advantage of another's kindness. Then again, perhaps the alluring aromas of the restaurant were getting to them... It was a little hard to say.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:17 pm

FREYJA SOLHEIM

"Hm..."

Freyja nodded softly, setting the menu down. She supposed the aroma of the food had dulled her sense of etiquette. It would be a poor look to order so much food. Freyja wasn't particularly the type to eat a large meal. A lot of it might well go to waste. Her soldat seemed to come to that conclusion as well, nodding assent. A graceful smile formed across the woman's lips, her azure gaze observing the woman's expression.

"Very well. I offer my sincerest apologies. It would seem as though hunger and the aroma of food are a dangerous mixture. That offer is more than suitable. To be sure, I respect you more for speaking up rather than playing along. "

Freyja sat her menu down, quietly folding her hands, her eyes observing the surroundings. It was a breathe of fresh air compared to maids and butlers preparing her meals at home. Those terms suited her just fine. She might have wanted dessert, but her mind had already brushed over the subject before too long. It was her money. Honor demanded that she dare not abuse the privilege. She could have footed the bill herself, but even Freyja would have viewed such an act as wasteful.

AZURE GUARDIAN

Last edited by Iori on Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:29 pm

At Freyja's words of assent, not only was Arianda extremely relieved she also broke out into a full smile; breathing a little lighter after she gave Freyja a respectful nod.

"Thank you, Freyja; truly. And I certainly respect you more as well. But, accidents happen. I can attest that the first time I came in here, I was a little overzealous myself. I should have remembered the aromas were a bit overwhelming."

Afterwards, Arianda gave the Quincy woman an appraising look of honest approval and kindness before returning to her own menu, deciding on a meal for herself... and she couldn't help but go for a ribeye. However, she kept the thought to herself until she knew fully that both women were ready to order. In the meantime, she secured them all drinks with a quick wave to a waiter, and then leaned back in her chair; quietly appraising Freyja once more as the woman studied their surroundings. Her emotions were a hard one to crack, tight and barely unchanging. However, slight shifts in her mood during the night could help Ari when need be... no matter how little.

After a little bit of time allowing Amelia to decide, as Arianda had the feeling Freyja was already ready, the demon neatly set down her menu, folding her hands together on top of the placed down menu.

"Well, I'm ready to order. What about you two? I don't mind waiting if we need more time. Maybe after we're done eating, we can go to some of the better views of the area. But, perhaps I am getting ahead of myself a bit. Either way, I'm ready to order when you two are~"

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:47 pm

FREYJA SOLHEIM

Freyja turned her eyes toward the waiter as he arrived. It was indeed true. She had already decided on her order. A steak and a couple of appetizers. Amelia seemed the more simplistic of the two choosing a burger and fries. Placing in their orders, Freyja would redirect her azure gaze towards the woman. She contemplated the idea. There was plenty of time on her hands, much time than she actually welcomed, of course, but far from enough to ruin her current mood. She was being treated to a free meal. What was there not to enjoy? Perhaps a scenic view of the area would be a nice way to cap their day off. Those were fine thoughts to consider. At the moment, though her neutral expression made it difficult to gauge her thoughts, Freyja was excited to enjoy her meal. The benevolent demon had earned a good impression from the Valkyrie so far. She wondered if the woman could maintain that pace.

"Perhaps..."

AZURE GUARDIAN

Last edited by Iori on Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:39 am; edited 2 times in total
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:25 am

After allowing Freyja and Amelia to order before her, Arianda placed her own order; which was also for a steak. She got a couple of simple sides but didn’t get any appetizers. In the meantime, the demon contemplated areas that were good to look around at and take pictures in and from. There were a few good places, like the national parks. Shit, even the mountain ranges offered excellent views of the city from above; which would be best done closer to night time. That way, the city lights would be in full view. Aside from that, Arianda gave Freyja a warm smile after the woman said “perhaps” to her question. Judging emotionally, that was probably the best she was going to get closest to a yes or sure.

However, while the demon was contemplating, their food was flowing in. First came Freyja’s appetizers, scrumptious to the last bite. Swiftly followed was their main meals; all of which were cooked to perfection. Ari’s steak was just how she liked it, and Freyja’s was as well; and Amelia’s burger was grilled excellently. Once everyone had their food, there was likely to be little talking and more enjoying of their meals. However, at what seemed like a brief break point, Arianda decided to inquire of the two women’s experience.

“So, how do you two like it~? I don’t think I’ve tried the burger, but I can attest to the steak’s quality. I’d imagine the burger is somewhat the same, as they hand grind the meat they use. But, I can only guess.”

Arianda smiled and, after attentively listening to Freyja and Amelia, the demon let the two women finish their meals in relative silence; with Ari polishing off her sides last. This left her with a very satisfied tummy, and a great deal of sleepy thoughts that occupied her brain… like how cute Freyja was. However, the demon eventually shook such thoughts aside and tilted her head gently; wondering where they could go.

“Did either of you have a plan of what kind of places you wanted to see? The National Parks are always nice, there’s only three, but I’m sure we could take a trudge onto some of the mountain ranges before it gets too dark; it would be nice to see the city light from on high, after all. But, I leave the choice of where up to you both; whatever strikes you best~”

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:31 am

FREYJA SOLHEIM

The food was delightful. The expressions shared between the two women told a thousand tales. Freyja enjoyed both appetizers and the main course with each bite, her soldat equally pleased with the preparation and flavor of the burger. Arianda had been undeniably correct in her claim. Freyja would be the first to speak as she placed the cut of steak against her mouth, voicing her approval towards the meal.

"Delicious."

The compliment wasn't incredibly verbose, nor was it elaborated on any more outside of that one phrase. However, for a woman of her reserved nature, that was a clear sign of her approval. Amelia was slightly more vocal, adding a few more phrases to signify her own enjoyment.

After several minutes spent sharing minor conversation and enjoying their meals, Freyja and her fellow soldat were satisfied. Freyja humored the childish idea of dessert, and even though Arianda offered to pay for everything through her pocket, Freyja simply could not resist that indulgence. She placed in a to-go order for a nice slice of cake to eat during their next trip. Turning towards Arianda, Freyja quietly contemplated the idea. She supposed the day was still young. Why not enjoy lay of the town?

"Both sound quite enticing, but I suppose a mountain travel would be quite memorable for all parties involved. Maybe we can take a picture, too."

AZURE GUARDIAN

Last edited by Iori on Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:12 pm

Pleased was a good way to characterize Arianda’s current mood. Freyja and Amelia had enjoyed their meals, and that was about as much Arianda could have asked for. Even Freyja’s simple statement was more than enough for Arianda to gauge she had loved her steak. Amelia was far more forthcoming about the taste of her burger, but Arianda understood enough about the two that this reaction was proper. Soon enough, the demon had once more thought of a few areas to go. All of the National Parks did have mountains in them, but Arianda was not sure which section of the Sierras they should employ for their sightseeing.

Eventually, the demon decided to try out one of the national parks. After all, they would provide the most refreshing scenery and amazing views once they had hit the mountains. Sure, most people couldn’t get to the mountains so quickly, but these were three supernatural beings; one of which having more than enough strength and agility to carry Freyja and/or Amelia if they needed the help. Otherwise, the demon was more than glad to play the role of tour guide for a bit longer. Frankly, getting in Freyja’s good books was one reason, but being able to have someone in the Vandenreich she could talk to… well it would be very nice for when Ari finally got her shit together and tried to make her post wrongdoings right. Regardless, it would still open the door to seeing Freyja more.

“That sounds like a plan to me! What do you think about Yosemite National Park? I haven’t been there before, but I think we can get a good view from the peak of Half Dome. Not to mention, there’s a few rivers and lakes along the way; and a waterfall here and there. The good stuff to look at, ya know~? How about it?”

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum