Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Cracked Glass, Broken Mirrors [Asami, Lerna] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Cracked Glass, Broken Mirrors [Asami, Lerna] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Cracked Glass, Broken Mirrors [Asami, Lerna] - Page 2 Empty Re: Cracked Glass, Broken Mirrors [Asami, Lerna]

Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:50 am

Cracked Glass, Broken Mirrors [Asami, Lerna] - Page 2 10DAHr3

Furukawa Asami

Asami was also under no illusion that this could be considered a part of a teacher-student relationship, she had not picked Lerna out because she was a good student. So if her student were to call it a sign of friendship then she would be forced to acknowledge it.

Lerna's abode was as she expected it, which was a little bit disappointing really. She wouldn't have minded being shocked by something out of the ordinary or even just straight unusual. It was tidy enough that she didn't feel obligated to tidy but still looked nice and lived in. The couch was hardly an ornate piece, certainly didn't feel like it was from the tenth century like she might have suggested, but it looked like it had been worn a little. Regardless, she collapsed into it with little care for proper decorum and gave Lerna a reassuring nod as she headed off to start her meal prep.

It didn't take all that long, thankfully, because she didn't want to be alone with her thoughts for any more than was necessary. It was all too easy to mope, she was learning, so she tried to focus on working out exactly what Lerna was cooking up before it was brought out. Trying to focus on it, it was not all too difficult to pick out the fried rice and the beef. But perhaps the most interesting part of the dish was the enjoyment that Lerna seemed to be pouring into it.

By the time it was ready, she had managed to pull herself back up and around into a sitting position. She offered a timid smile and went to get a portion for herself and Lerna if she wanted some. This had all been done on her behalf, on a whim by Lerna and most certainly unprompted, so she was going to make sure she enjoyed it.

Reflecting Reflections | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Cracked Glass, Broken Mirrors [Asami, Lerna] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Cracked Glass, Broken Mirrors [Asami, Lerna] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Cracked Glass, Broken Mirrors [Asami, Lerna] - Page 2 Empty Re: Cracked Glass, Broken Mirrors [Asami, Lerna]

Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:11 am
Cracked Glass, Broken Mirrors [Asami, Lerna] - Page 2 HEADER_63756146_p5

Lerna was all too happy when she noted Asami's appreciation of the food. Even if she didn't SAY anything, she still readily sat up, making room for Lerna to scoot in beside her and promptly the bot of them were soon sitting with a plates of the stuff. Lerna promptly dug in heartily. She wasn't SUPER hungry, but she had noticed that humans and shinigami tended to follow the lead in these situations. Eating with just a bit more gusto if she led things along that way. Hopefully Asami might do the same and get some food in her. Food always helped get a lot of unecessary shit out of one's head. Humans were always funky when they hadn't eaten after all.

All the same, Lerna would swallow and offer a smile to Asami after a good ways in. "Waddaya think?" She ventured, with a rather relaxed glance. It wans't any sort of ...hopeful, needy look that begged for validation or anything. But rather, Lerna seemed eagerly curious about how well she'd actually done. Prompting an honest answer.

Of course, Lerna still had you know.....other questions. Maybe private ones, or just general ones. She did have experience in these situations, foreign as they were to herself. But she would be patient. No need to bombard the woman just yet. For now, she hoped the food would help lift her spirits a little, and they could go from there.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:10 am

Furukawa Asami

Asami ate politely, nerves perhaps a little calmed from whatever frantic urges had started to creep out earlier. She didn't rush, or try to match pace with Lerna or anything, but she just focused on the meal and the food and the quiet homeliness of it all.

It was genuinely nice to just go head empty for a few minutes.

Then, as she was coming to the end of her bowl, the idle thoughts began to return. It was not lost on her that this could have easily been another date with Kyo. The cheery hostess at her side replaced by his charming sincerity. It made her want to tear her hair out, just a little, but she caught herself long before anything got too squished and bent out of shape. There was still a tension to her, though she certainly did not want to direct it toward Lerna.

"Thank you. I think I needed something like this."

No comment on the quality, which might well have been what Lerna sought but none of that mattered to her right now. But she smiled, it was only a soft little thing, and leaned her head to one side until it was resting on Lerna's shoulder.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:21 pm
Cracked Glass, Broken Mirrors [Asami, Lerna] - Page 2 HEADER_63756146_p5

Lerna truly had no real idea how how poorly or well she was doing with this whole thing. But the content look on Asami's face was at least a pleasant change of pace as the two of them ate. Enjoying that simple meal. And as she waited for Asami to tell her how the food was, she was surprised when rather than actually say how the food was, Asami simply....seemed to speak in earnest. Catching Lerna off guard as she was thanked, and then the woman's head gently rested against the blonde's shoulder. For a moment, she just watched the woman, before a soft smile formed across her features and she relaxed, taking one last bite of her food and slooowly settling back against the couch, letting Asami rest against her.

"You're welcome." she murmured softly. Certainly a number of questions still harried her thoughts. But she was more than happy to just relax for the moment and let the woman rest against her. A pause..... before she leaned her head back and closed her eyes. "Food always makes me tired." She murmured softly. She could have ....said something. Tried to be more supportive or ....inquisitive as to what was wrong.

But Asami sounded exhausted. And maybe for just the moment, she could hold off on all those questions. and just relax, give the woman to just rest and not have to think of anything. If Asami decided she wanted to talk....well...

Lerna would be here for her.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:54 pm

Furukawa Asami

Sinking a little more into the chair as Lerna moved them both backwards, Asami sat there quietly for a while. She was not the type to ever actually have these problems, and especially not the type to just vent about them, but it was probably because of that that Lerna expected an explanation from her. Maybe she would ask for it soon, or she was happy to just let Asami sit here and stew a bit more, but there was a relief that it didn't feel like she was prying even after she had been so imposed on. Eventually, she decided to get ahead of the curve.

"Have you ever been in love, Lerna?"

That was the start really, and it felt so very childish to call what she and Kyo had shared as love. But that was why this had all happened. Had it not been that then she would have been as fazed by their breakup as he had. Or had he felt the same way but handled it better than her? Was it better or worse if that was true? She hoped he didn't feel like this too. Dearly. But she also wanted him to burst into the room and declare that it had all been a misunderstanding.

Heartbreak was a little more painful than she had expected.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:14 pm
Cracked Glass, Broken Mirrors [Asami, Lerna] - Page 2 HEADER_EFPoF0NUUAEq42w

IT was .... nice. There were a lot of reasons that it was nice. Primarily because Asami was fairly warm. Old habits died hard and she had to actively resist not simply pulling Asami close and winding her arms and legs around them. Yea... in a human body, coiling was a lot less menacing and just weird. But her arm did ...rest, slightly curved to rest on Asami's hip. Not quite holding her, but a bit increase of contact surface area.

So that question did somewhat ...hit her by surprise. She blinked, glancing down to Asami for a moment and ..... pondering.
No. Was the frank and simple answer. But well, she had to think about it. What counted as 'love'? She had certainly been very passionate about wanting to kill Susanoo. Did that count? She went quiet for several long moments before she finally spoke up. "I'm not sure. A couple of my friends would probably say something like 'Well if you don't know then you definitely haven't been in love. You definitely know when you are.'. But that just sounds like a lot of shit humans say." She admitted, rubbing the back of her neck with the arm that wasn't around Asami.

"Back when I worked down on earth you saw that a lot. 'Couples'. All lovey dovey and all over eachother. Didn't stop them from pulling out a gun and putting a nice chunky hole through the other person's head when they started running low on drugs or money. Which Is why I don't really believe that 'if you are, you know' crap. Maybe I have, maybe I haven't. If I've learned anything it's that nobody knows as much as they think they do." She noted honestly. Maybe not the most....comforting thing to say to a recently broken up woman. But uh.... well Lerna sucked at this. But if nothing else, she respected and was fond of Asami. She had earned her honesty.

"But if I had to choose something that probably came the closest. I would have to say Commander Murasaki's thighs." She noted, smiling impishly as she decided to risk a little joke. Well, a half-joke. Thighs were about as close as humans got to a nice set of coils after all.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:17 pm

Furukawa Asami

The arm slipping around her side went without much comment, it was an awkward position to be in and likely it was more comfortable like that than crushed up against Lerna's own body. Asami had not considered comfort when she had forced them into this position, which was most unbecoming of a guest, but she hadn't been thinking straight all day really. It wasn't like she was offended by it, innocent enough as it was.

"I suppose that is one way to look at it. Makes you do stupid things, hurt people you care about, that kinda stuff. I didn't think that was my deal either."

That much was certainly true. She had expected that at some point she would marry, continue the family line and all those traditions, and maybe it would be a happy union where they could coexist peacefully. But falling head over heels for someone she had considered as a passing fancy had not been a part of this master plan. The mention of the Captain Commander's lower regions was not exactly the answer Asami was expecting to hear though. She knew Lerna was crude but that was something else entirely, and concerning a woman she had a great deal of respect for. Were she not in a bit of a state, she would have said something.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:44 pm

Hmmm. Well that certainly seemed to be the gist of what love did in others. She missed any sort of disapproval in Asami's eyes in regards to the Murasaki comment, and rather took a moment to consider what she'd said. Sadly, it was not a subject Lerna had a terribly large ammount of things to say about. It was .....sure... a thing. A thing that people claimed a lot. And then turned around and took it back. It seemed as subjective as most things humans wanted to tote. But she also knew it was important. Asami made that very clear by asking about it in such a situation. Was Asami wondering if the man or woman she'd lost it with was 'the one'?

"Well. It's not like you don't have plenty of time to figure all that stuff out. The benefits of being a shinigami. Down on earth they throw that shit around all the time. Not like they have a choice with how little they got down there." She sighed, reaching up and ....rubbing at the back of her neck. Running a bit dry on ..... interesting things to say. And while she didn't note the disapproval, she HAD noticed the lack of a laugh at her little joke. Ah well, it had been worth a shot. "At least you have a leg up in that whole shindig. Pretty. Rich. Strong. Human. and ....uh..." She paused, having been ABOUT to say that Asami would have people lining up in no time. But it occurred to her that maybe that wasn't something the woman wanted to hear. Pfuhhhhhhh. Well.

"Sorry I'm not a lot of help." She finally conceded quietly.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:58 pm

Furukawa Asami

"Time heals all wounds, huh?"

Asami retreated from the balancing act of her head upon Lerna's shoulder and the arm around her side, forcing herself to sit up and forwards on the sofa. Her elbows rested on her knees, her head soon supported by her hands in turn. Just how long would it take before she didn't feel like this? There was probably an upper limit, a maximum value, she just hadn't been thinking about this logically.

Lerna's attempt at praise or motivation washed over her, passing her by as she tried to focus on herself, but those last few words stuck with her. Looking back over her shoulder, she offered a reassuring attempt at a smile again.

"You've been a lot of help actually. I guess I owe you a little more than a bowl of rice now."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:22 am

Lerna adjusted her arm so that Asami could sit up properly, shifting back a bit and folding them across her chest as she chuckled. "Course it does. Look at me, after all. Workin with shinigami and all that." She pointed out. Certainly SHE had never imagined she'd wind up working with the gotei after all this damn time. THAT at least she could attest to. She even found herself thinking back.... on everything leading up to her being here. Though, Asami's sudden assurance caused her to cant her head to the side. She paused for a moment and chuckled, grinning just a bit.

"Just because I helped doesn't mean I'm good at this. But I'm glad I was able to help somehow." She sighed and then swiveled around, scooting to give Asami some space, before she slumped back against the arm of the couch, laying back against the arm reast, sorftof half on the couch as she stared up at the ceiling. "Don't worry about paying me back or anything like that. I care about you, you being bummed sucks as much for me as it does for you. So with you feeling better, we can consider it even." She noted simply, as if it were just that simple.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum