Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bam! If You Please [Kyo, Mizu] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Bam! If You Please [Kyo, Mizu] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Bam! If You Please [Kyo, Mizu] - Page 2 Empty Re: Bam! If You Please [Kyo, Mizu]

Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:02 am
Bam! If You Please [Kyo, Mizu] - Page 2 8ZovUmi

SAWACHIKA KYO

While Kyo was a polite young man, he wasn't nearly so polite that he avoided a more personal topic of conversation just because that would usually be considered courteous. After all, that wasn't a man's way, and it wasn't the Sawachika way. He offered a reassuring grin, and a pat on the back to the much smaller woman, his voice jovial as ever as he spoke, "Well, everyone has something they love! Just have to find it, that's all, and the journey there can be just as enjoyable as whatever you find on the way."

But he wouldn't linger on it if she didn't wish to, and he thought about the question she'd followed up with. Why he'd joined the Gotei? It seemed that question kept coming up in his life, but that was fine. It was an answer he was confident in, and Kyo smiled as he answered.

"Both of my parents were in the Gotei, as well, and I wanted to follow in their footsteps. My father was even Third Seat under Captain Komamura and Vice Captain Iba, and the ideals of the shinigami that he's always told me about from their division sounded exactly like the kind of man I want to be in life."

END POST | THE BIG BOWL OF SAWACHIKA
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bam! If You Please [Kyo, Mizu] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Bam! If You Please [Kyo, Mizu] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Bam! If You Please [Kyo, Mizu] - Page 2 Empty Re: Bam! If You Please [Kyo, Mizu]

Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:54 pm
Mizu appreciated her acquaintance's words of encouragement, though she couldn't help but blush slightly at him patting her back. She wasn't typically one for much physical contact, especially while working as a Shinigami, and was known for often being overly serious. She was willing to make an exception for Kyo who with his flaming red hair was like a warm, jubilant sun beside her. Mizu wondered if the rest of his family was this outgoing, and for just a moment was thankful hers wasn't. An introvert by nature, Mizu couldn't imagine being surrounded by such easygoing gregariousness. But, she considered, if they were all like Kyo how bad could it be?

Straightening up and relaxing a bit, Mizu listened to Kyo's reasons for becoming a Shinigami and thought about her own. She could certainly see why he would look up to a Captain like him "I've read about him, he was a great Captain who saw everyone as equals no matter their background...I too look up to those ideals. I have no doubt you will accomplish and be whatever you want, Kyo-san."
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bam! If You Please [Kyo, Mizu] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Bam! If You Please [Kyo, Mizu] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:43 pm

SAWACHIKA KYO

"Ah, you think so?" kyo couldn't help but grin a little bit more confidently, his ambitions still in the back of his mind even in this conversation. "Truth be told, I'm hoping to become a captain myself one day. I'm sure that's considered lofty for someone who's only unseated right now, but I think every man ought to have big ambitions!"

Really, that was the crux of the Sawachika family as a whole, and in the same way, it was what defined Kyo as a man. Chasing ideals that were perhaps too grand for his current station, holding himself to the highest possible standard, it was all just a matter of becoming better.

"I think Captain Komamura's ideals were what the Gotei needed, and it's nice to see that they seem more common nowadays. I know the nobility have always prided themselves on being stronger, but some of the greatest shinigami in recent history came from the Rukongai. Even my mother comes from one of the outer districts, rather than here in the Seireitei, though I suppose I'm biased in whether or not she's considered a great shinigami, eh?"

Generally, Kyo didn't bring that up much, if only because there were those in the Seireitei that looked down on noble blood mingling with that of the commoners. But that was simply par for the course among the Sawachika, and Mizu certainly seemed the type not to think ill of that.

Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bam! If You Please [Kyo, Mizu] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Bam! If You Please [Kyo, Mizu] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:27 pm
The blonde haired Shinigami couldn't agree more about having great ambitions. She had been told all her life to be more "realistic" with herself and to not aim for the stars, including by her own parents. While she could never outright say they were wrong for thinking such things, because of how difficult this path Mizu had chosen had been at every step of the way, she still couldn't imagine actually following their advice. Even at her lowest points Mizu never truly considered dropping the life goals she had set for herself. Thus when Kyo said his piece about wanting to become a Captain, Mizu nodded her head in agreement and support.

The more Kyo spoke the more Mizu liked the hulking extrovert. His principles were exactly what she wanted her fellow Shinigami to agree with, especially the idea of a person's background having little to no bearing on whether they can become great and achieve their ambitions. The revelation his mother came from far out in the Rukongai Districts was a little surprising to Mizu given Seireitei Nobles didn't often marry outside of each other even in modern times, but it didn't color her opinion of him or his family in the slightest. "If you say she's great I have no doubt she is, Kyo-san. The most brilliant person I know is from one of the outer Districts. Meanwhile I, with less ability or potential than anyone, was born with the Morikawa name." Others may think upon hearing her speak like this Mizu was being hard on herself, but she knew her limitations better than anyone.

"Deficiencies can be overcome and everyone should have the opportunity to do so. When we become Captains, Kyo-san, we will prove our ideals to everyone." As she spoke Mizu's golden eyes were alight with the flame of resolve, unwavering even as she imagined every possible roadblock between them and their objective.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:55 pm

SAWACHIKA KYO

It was rare that Kyo found another shinigami with that same pride in oneself, with a desire to improve while still acknowledging their own failings. Despite her size, he could certainly see a tremendous spirit burning in Mizu, and that was something he respected above all else. "Less ability, maybe, but I don't think you've got less potential. Everyone's got potential if they have the drive. The last Captain Commander probably couldn't even beat either of us in a fight, but she still excelled!"

Most nobles certainly wouldn't have spoken so highly of the previous Commander, of course. Abalia Kyoraku had brought the influence of the nobility radically lower than it had ever been, and Kyo knew that was something most were thoroughly unhappy with. But he and his family prided themselves on actions, not simple pedigree.

"It's a deal, then. We'll become captains, and we'll show them the real power of hard work and guts!" Kyo held out a hand to Mizu as he said that, intent on sealing such a promise with a shake of the hand. After all, that meant far more than any sort of formal agreement, he thought.

Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:50 am
While never coming close to knowing the previous Captain Commander personally, Mizu at least knew she was considerably different from all her predecessors and successor in combat ability. The current leader of the Gotei United, Kagayaku no Murasaki, is a mighty beauty as capable anyone, and the legendary Yamamoto Genryūsai Shigekuni was powerful and terrifying beyond belief. While they were the rule, an exception to the rule like the last Captain Commander certainly inspired Mizu in the way Kyo stated; if she could do it, anyone could with enough determination and effort. Acknowledging the truth of his words Mizu again nodded her head and said "Hai! in agreement.

Finding herself caught up in Kyo's and her own confidence, Mizu agreed wholeheartedly with his declarations and raised her alabaster hand to shake his as they struck an accord. Her dainty fingers may be swallowed up by her much larger compatriot's but it would be a firm handshake from her side. "I'm glad we're in agreement, Kyo-san! I will hold you to this promise so you better not neglect your duties and training!" At the very least Mizu certainly didn't plan on doing such a thing, all she knew was working hard.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:52 am

SAWACHIKA KYO

Mizu's earnest confidence and assuredness in their ambitions was rather refreshing, given just how many in the Gotei seemed perfectly pleased with relatively simple accomplishments, and then chose to climb no further. Kyo certainly respected those who accomplished anything, of course, and he would never dare to speak ill of others' achievements. But in his mind, one always ought to be looking for something greater. Stalling after a single great step was hardly worth it.

"I would never dream of it! I won't rest until I've seen our ambitions through to the very end! I look forward to training with you, making sure neither of us are falling behind!"

Kyo did have the faintest suspicion that, despite the difference in size between the two of them, Mizu would almost certainly be able to best him in a match. But that was perfectly fine! The last thing that would ever bother a man of the Sawachika was to have a higher aspiration to follow!

Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:33 pm
With a light affectionate touch on his arm to show her sincerity Mizu spoke to Kyo "I am glad we met, Kyo-san. I too look forward to training with you, and should you ever feel the desire to do so please let me know. You know where I'll be!" It was at this point the alabaster Shinigami remembered where she had been and what she'd been doing when the two met "Oh! I beg your pardon, Kyo-san, but I must go finish my paperwork and examine the report you delivered. Thank you for coming out. If you are still interested in assisting the 8th Division, I believe some of our members are moving lumber by the training grounds. Of course, you are welcome to do as you please! Take care, Kyo-san!" With a final respectful bow Mizu turned on her heels and walked back in the direction of their meeting place.

Though determined in her own right, Mizu was glad her new friend was so confident in them and their dreams. Everyone experiences self doubt at some point, especially when treading a path as difficult as theirs, so knowing she could lean on this man in the future should she ever waver was heartening. She certainly did not expect to meet someone like Kyo in the middle of a paperwork binge. Mizu was glad things had gone unexpectedly.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum