Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Balancing the Books[Curry, Sabertooth] Left_bar_bleue0/0Balancing the Books[Curry, Sabertooth] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Balancing the Books[Curry, Sabertooth] Empty Balancing the Books[Curry, Sabertooth]

Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:23 pm
Balancing the Books[Curry, Sabertooth] IVzKXFG

Nine-to-Five | One

It was another busy night in Copenhagen for William Curry. The foundation's Danish shipments had been getting attacked with alarming regularity, and his local contractors had been unable to provide a satisfactory resolution. As a businessman, at a certain point, it was simply a matter of protecting his assets. So he had taken it upon himself to deal with this issue.

A few days were spent staking out the docks, stalking between the shipping containers trying to find out whether this was a targeted attack or a frustrating coincidence. That was when he had uncovered the little den of Hollows. It was unlikely that they were the entirety of the issue, perhaps they weren't even involved, but they were in the right place at the right time. He would take them out, and maybe that would solve the problem or drag the real issue out into the light.

The hit was seamless, Curry's presence undetected until he was in the midst of them. The battle was a fierce one, furious fists and precision strikes doing a number on these weaker Hollows as he thinned out their numbers. It was only when the heavy hitters entered the fray that he needed to exert himself, and so the Fullbringer did. Blows were exchanged, enough to stir up a ruckus in the local area, but they could not compete with the President in Overtime.

There was an acute sense that he was not alone as the quiet set in again. The thrill of battle was winding down as his cybernetics did, the dull hum of the electronics creating a background note as he studied his environment again. Was this the real threat he sought or were his senses just a little too keen after all the action?

Hell to Pay | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Balancing the Books[Curry, Sabertooth] Left_bar_bleue0/0Balancing the Books[Curry, Sabertooth] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Balancing the Books[Curry, Sabertooth] Empty Re: Balancing the Books[Curry, Sabertooth]

Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:12 am
Balancing the Books[Curry, Sabertooth] HEAD_the_last_white_knight__frostfang_barioth_by_aeflus_de11wg5-350t

"I always wondered why other Hollows are so desperate in a fight."

The voice crawled through the air as the darkness opened up and a garganta spit out a wavering shimmer. A fully cloaked Sabertooth Striker, not that that would stop Curry from sensing her spiritual pressure as the garganta closed behind her. "You would think that some of them would run after the others were killed. Stupid hollows like them always wind up causing a lot of trouble." She murmured, before that veil slowly peeled away, showing off her feline frame as she lowered her head, as though bowing respectfully toward Curry himself.

"I greatly respect your capabilities. And please... don't be alarmed. I've no interest in trying to finish you off. Rather. IF you wouldn't mind, I would like to make a proposal." She smiled at him and let her head cant to the side. "Alternatively, I can begone from your sight, and never come here again. But I think that you and I can benefit a great deal from one another." She explained, making her intentions clear upfront. She'd seen FAR too many who simply would attack on sight, and she was fully prepared to run her big haunches straight back into a garganta if that seemed to be the case. After all, he was at least a little tired from killing all of that trash. IF nothing else, she'd seen his speed, and was confident that if he would not hear her, she could simply escape.

A calculated risk. But her recent...experimental cooperation with that one human had gotten her thinking. And this man could be exactly what she was looking for.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Balancing the Books[Curry, Sabertooth] Empty Re: Balancing the Books[Curry, Sabertooth]

Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:00 pm
Balancing the Books[Curry, Sabertooth] JDjkMEo

W. A. R. CURRY | WRFS PRESIDENT

The voice was a surprise to Curry, calling out from the darkness where he had not thought to look. He had expected an ambush but not this kind of attack, so he was certainly guarded but not prepared for an offer to hit the table. Facing down the creature as they revealed themselves, there was certainly a sense of bewilderment to the man that he had not been assaulted already. She had his focus, but that did not stop him from checking his peripherals for even the slightest hint of danger.

"Most are mindless beasts. Dangerous and destructive, but single-minded. You see yourself as an exception?"

He remained tense as she gave him assurances, hardly planning on taking her at her word, and yet no attack came. At least, not yet.

"But I will hear your proposal, out of respect for your showing of the barest amount of common decency. You have garnered my attention for a moment, now do not waste my time. There will be no counter proposals."

It was important to show strength when brokering any deal. Noone dealt with the weak, they were not fit to make demands, and so the strong survived. His threat was not an empty one, though, and he had every intent on dispatching another Hollow tonight if they proved a threat to his investments.

Market Closed | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:39 pm
Balancing the Books[Curry, Sabertooth] HEAD_the_last_white_knight__frostfang_barioth_by_aeflus_de11wg5-350t

Perfect~

He was smart, smart enough to not just go lunging like an animal. Truth be told, he was in a state in which she could probably kill him. All she'd need to do was scathe him with her claws or fangs, and then run. Then her acid would do the rest. She could wait until he couldn't move, and then kill him. But why waste such a perfectly good human?

"OF course." She chimed smugly, her eyes narrowing in a smile as she slowly settled onto her haunches and listened as he seemed to consider her offer. And then, ultimately, asked for her offer. She could even hear the hint of impatience that rang like hard stone in his voice.

"You strike me as a man who could use ... muscle. You clearly aren't afraid of getting your hands dirty. I've seen humans such as yourself. I could have just as easily found you with a pile of dead bums or competetors on this ground rather than hollows. But here you are, handling them yourself. IF you have others who you offload such things to. They clearly are either lacking in numbers or competence. We hollows have some very useful skills. I can peel the soul straight from a humans' body. It's how we eat after all. They die, without so much as a mark left on the person's frame. Even if I slip up, well. Who is going to look twice at a hollow burn on a body? Humans. Hollows. Whomever you need taking care of. I can deal with them. I can even smell when hollows are slinking around. That black portal I used to get here? I can sense other hollows using it. And I think my fee would be fairly obvious. Why... it even seems as if we have a sign-on bonus at our very feet." She noted coyly, waving a paw at the corpses around them.

"And that is the gist. I receive a steady supply of food. And you get to spend your evenings relaxed. Not covered in blood and having to guess if more hollows are nearby. Which there are." She chimed, gesturing to the West. "Two of them. At the north end of the Pier. Probably hoping for scraps once the bigger stronger hollows finished eating." Of course she was telling the truth. Frankly, there were even more hollows in this general region. This place seemed lousy with them... it was truly very strange. But well. one thing at a time. The others were far enough away to not be relevant to the man for the time being. All the same, she watched him closely. Preparing herself mentally to deal with ....whatever his answer would be.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:37 am

Curry stood there and listened to the proposal, his breathing growing steadier as the adrenaline slowly faded from his system. It was an interesting proposition, for a Hollow to offer him their services, and not one he had immediately considered. It made the most sense, of course, but there was still a certain amount of surprise to be had in hearing it said out loud.

"A bold claim, that you wish to enter into my employ to some extent and deserve a bonus simply for suggesting the idea. You can certainly talk the talk, but I am yet to see if you can walk the walk. Your kind are not one I often deal with, and not one I have any inclination to trust, so maybe you can track down another Hollow or two in the local area but that is not something beyond my own capabilities. We stand here amidst a testament to my abilities, not yours."

His hands flexed, before pulling into balls once more. He was ready for another fight if this beast had a change of heart, even if he was on the back foot.

"So what will you do to prove your usefulness to me? Two Hollows are no small feat, but my cargo requires protection until morning, when they leave port."

Market Closed | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:10 am

She smiled just a bit wider behind her mask, not that Curry would be able to tell as much. But all the same, she gave a light little chuckle as he made his point. And also, made it quite clear what he had in mind if she wanted to so ....impress her abilities upon him. This ship ment was to stay safe until morning? Certainly interesting. Especially as he made it clear that it was HIS cargo. She sniffed in the direction of the crates. Wondering what was in them, but well...it didn't smell GOOD. IF nothing else, it assured her that whatever was in there either didn't attract hollows. Or perhaps, just not evolved ones such as herself. Hm.

"Is that so? Well, I had intended to stick around in the area a little, and seeing as you killed my dinner, and don't plan to share. I suppose I wouldn't be too hard pressed to stick around and eat whatever decides to pop up." She was being a little coy now, but she was perhaps a bit overpleased that this little meeting was going so well.

She settled onto her haunches and canted her head to the side. "I have to say though. Is there any particular reason there are so many hollows about? You're not a quincy are you?" She ventured with a hint of incredulity. Hollow bate was..... annoying. She was able to ignore it's call, but it still gave her a headache to do so. No less it threw off her ability to sense ACTUAL food.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:35 am

Sniffing in the direction of the main containers would affirm that Curry was not transporting hollow bait or anything of the like. But there was still a particular resonance to it, something that perhaps might be interesting and was certainly not good. There was a reason why people paid money for his company to transport these items rather than arranging their own shipping, after all.

"You'll work the whole night then? That will be a satisfactory demonstration of your usefulness."

With bringer light, Curry launched himself backwards and up on top of some of the containers. Not far enough that he would have too much trouble conversing, but enough to give the hollow some space. He would humour the beast, and see if it would keep to its word after all.

"Your lunch break is at your feet already, should you choose to have it now. But I expect a full shift until the sun crosses the horizon."

Market Closed | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:47 am

Saber gave a nod of her head at that. "I'm no stranger to a stakeout for sure." She paused... and wrinkled her nose at ...WHATEVER it was that was smelled inside of those crates. Nf. Weird. But none of her business. She was just here to eat, and frankly if it attracted more food, she wasn't too concerned about it so long as it wasn't hollow bait.

His little joke about a lunch break had her snicker just ever so softly. "I would save it. But frankly, it's probably best I not leave it out.. otherwise it attracts things." She noted, prowling her way forward before promptly starting to dig in. There was no particular trick or gace to it, she simply chowed down, and he'd watch limbs, heads, torsos, and any number of chunks that might seem too big, even for her mouth simply getting slurped down. All with her eyes watching Curry calmly enough, a simple precaution as she ate, and before long, the floor would be clean of the corpses save a few blood stains.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:57 am

"Then a stakeout it is."

Watching on from his elevated position, Curry kept a more vigilant eye on their surroundings as the beast ate below. He had not expected to have a companion in this duty, even one as peculiar and crude as this. Even when putting on her gory display though, he was not fazed. It was far from the messiest work that he had seen, and so his cold gaze passed over her with indifference.

Only when she was done did he offer her a single nod. The terms of their agreement had been accepted, the line drawn, so if she intended to cut and run then he would strike back remorselessly.

"Honest pay for honest work, remember. So will you strike out against the other hollows or wait for them to catch the scent?"

Market Closed | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:09 pm

Sabertooth was hardly surprised seeing him lacking any real response to her eating. Oh she had known what kind of human she was dealing with when she'd seen him work. That said, she had NOT expected him to speak up aft er she was done. Her head canting to the side for a moment before giving a light chuckle.

"I admit. I'm usually an ambush hunter. But it depends on the situation." She noted, before her spiritual pressure promptly dropped, and water wrapped around her frame, shrouding her as both she, and her spiritual pressure, almost vanished entirely. Of course, being so close to her, he'd possibly be able to sense it, but to say..... the hollows far away, it would seem as if she'd been dispatched. "That said, while I COULD go and kill them. But well, I think my talents are rather obvious. You wouldn't really learn anything about my capabilities from afar. Unless that's an order~" She reasoned casually.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum