Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Combat Thread of the Year 2022 Nominations Left_bar_bleue16000/1Combat Thread of the Year 2022 Nominations Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Combat Thread of the Year 2022 Nominations Empty Combat Thread of the Year 2022 Nominations

Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:57 am
Combat Thread of the Year 2022 Nominations UB7NEHU
COMBAT THREAD OF THE YEAR

I. What's OTY?

In this event, we're looking through all of 2022 and picking out what we think was the best content of the year.

In this thread in particular you'll nominating what you believe is the combat thread of the year! Nominate the combat thread that got your blood pumping, felt like it had some serious stakes, or just in general made you feel like there was a real good fight going down.

II. OTY Rules

1. Each member can only submit one nomination per category, so think hard on it.
2. Make sure you name the actual members relevant to your nomination.
3. DO NOT NOMINATE YOURSELF.

These nominations will close after 1 week!

2022 OF THE YEAR
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Combat Thread of the Year 2022 Nominations Left_bar_bleue0/0Combat Thread of the Year 2022 Nominations Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Combat Thread of the Year 2022 Nominations Empty Re: Combat Thread of the Year 2022 Nominations

Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:36 pm
https://www.platinumhearts.net/t23355p10-konigsmord-ignacio-lilynette-erchanhardt

Okay, so it was sort of tough to shift between the decisions on what I felt should get this pick. There were several really good combat threads. If you want to see some action, countless singular fights versus one another, etcetera... but if I had to choose a fight thread, I am still undoubtedly going to circle back to Kongismord. Recency bias? Perhaps, but hear me out. This thread, by far, had some of the best-written fight choreography I've seen in a good minute. Erch's hand-to-hand schmoves, Ignacio's swordplay, Lilynette using her agility to distract and catch him unawares. It was entertaining from start to end. Furthermore, Erchanhardt held his own until the very end, held up so well that if Ignacio and Lily didn't give it their all, then who knows, he could have very well pulled it out. It was a thread that has future implications far as the rings of the dead go, and I liked the way it ended. Erch chose to take defeat so he could live not for himself, but for his loved ones as well.

And that's why i think this thread is the pick right here.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Combat Thread of the Year 2022 Nominations Left_bar_bleue0/0Combat Thread of the Year 2022 Nominations Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Combat Thread of the Year 2022 Nominations Empty Re: Combat Thread of the Year 2022 Nominations

Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:02 am
https://www.platinumhearts.net/t22657p10-raise-your-spirits-murasaki-erika

A showdown to decide Erika's future, orchestrated by Murasaki to fill the vacancy of vice-captain of the First Division. The pair use every tool at their disposal, making it a fight that is conceptually fun and well written too. I think it is symbolic of the changes within the Gotei that Murasaki wants to implement whilst Erika acts as the counterbalance and seeks to push her to find that next point of conviction. All-in-all, well worth the read.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Combat Thread of the Year 2022 Nominations Left_bar_bleue16000/1Combat Thread of the Year 2022 Nominations Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:13 pm
https://www.platinumhearts.net/t23437-toughest-guys-in-town-nao-tentou

This isn't a high-stakes emotional bout, and neither of the two combatants involved have anything big on the line, but that's not what I'm nominating it for either. As far as the flow of the fight goes, I think reading this is just such a joy. Nao and Tento bounce off each other super naturally, and it's hard to describe this in any way other than "very anime," in the best sort of way. It's fun, it just oozes personality, and I think both characters really get to shine.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum