Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wake up! mjashfjgjhfkd Shake up! [Calypso/Kenichi] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Wake up! mjashfjgjhfkd Shake up! [Calypso/Kenichi] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Wake up! mjashfjgjhfkd Shake up! [Calypso/Kenichi] - Page 3 Empty Re: Wake up! mjashfjgjhfkd Shake up! [Calypso/Kenichi]

Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:00 am

Calypso Gandr| Descendant Of Ao Kuang

Watching Kenichi start cooking, he'd make a good husband. It was always good to be able to branch out and do a lot of things like this.

"Mm, once in a tournament in Greece. He was doing pretty well, keeping distant and pulling shenanigans. Pissing Mirja off with all that. And then in a moment of insanity, he decided that this woman who was flinging entire trees at him and rearranging the landscape with every blow, was something he wanted to try and match the strength of.

The punch blew his arm clean off, and he passed out from blood-loss a good half-minute afterwards. Testament to his resilience, it was the strongest thing Mirja could put out at the time, and a normal person wouldn't have even been a stain on the ground if they got hit by that. But still. Losing by a little, still loses"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wake up! mjashfjgjhfkd Shake up! [Calypso/Kenichi] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Wake up! mjashfjgjhfkd Shake up! [Calypso/Kenichi] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wake up! mjashfjgjhfkd Shake up! [Calypso/Kenichi] - Page 3 Empty Re: Wake up! mjashfjgjhfkd Shake up! [Calypso/Kenichi]

Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:24 pm

KENICHI MURATA | RISING DRAGON

"Huh... you know, I thought it was a little more impressive than that. I thought his arm got punched off, he got up, said "It didn't hurt much" and got on his motorcycle and drove off. What a silly thought, eh?"

Blissfully unaware of Calypso's thoughts regarding his culinary attempt, Kenichi maintained a consistent ear as Calypso recounted the meeting. Hvit likely told her about the event. No surprise there; he could still recall the time she humorously talked at length about the man who gave Mirja a love letter, how it brought Ulv such humor that several copies were made just so others in the world could know of his falling. His expression retained the same awe it held the moment she finished.

Considering the strength of that woman, that was still an incredible feat. Demon or not, to survive against strength of that magnitude was no small order. He knew it all too well himself, challenging Ulv to many battles only to find his body a shell of itself in terms of composition due to an array of broken bones.

Reminiscing on her for too long would have dampened his mood, though. Thus, he devoted the whole of his attention towards finishing the meal. When the rice was finished being prepared within the rice-maker, Kenichi focused the remaining efforts on seasoning the strips of beef as they were being prepared on a pan, adding a a small flourish of vegetables to form a pleasant combination between savory and crunchy. For someone who could easily be considered a beginner with this sort of thing, he was handling himself well. When everything had been prepared in full, he grabbed onto the pots, paying no heed to the heat as he properly plated everything before her, finishing the act with a flamboyant bow.

"Voila. Beef strip stir fry and rice. Only the finest for Gandr Royalty."

He humored her, clearly aware that she likely consumed something far more fulfilling and high-class than this, but he nevertheless felt confident it would at least taste good. Seating himself, Kenichi took a moment to mix around meat and rice as he shot a finger toward her for another question.

"Hvit probably told you all of that, yeah? How has she been? Judging from my spirit sense, I don't sense any of her presence within you anymore..."

STAND UNRIVALED|END POST

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wake up! mjashfjgjhfkd Shake up! [Calypso/Kenichi] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Wake up! mjashfjgjhfkd Shake up! [Calypso/Kenichi] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:43 am

With Kenichi focused on the cooking, Calypso would take a moment to use his phone and call her uncle to put in an order for a tailor. That was all done fairly well, so she got back in time for dinner to be served. Beef and rice was pretty cool, if more upper class than what she ate sometimes. The day wasn't always filled with time or desire for proper cooking, and many a time she just had a pair of pot noodles while continuing what she was doing.

"Royalty is The Tsu Clan. Gandr Clan is more like Nobility, and even then I am not very highly positioned in that place" Calypso would explain, using the utensils to quickly ball up a good bit of everything and chomp down on it.

"Dunno, really" Calypso would reply after finishing her mouthful. "She's just a wanderer, who goes around as needed. She doesn't believe in phones, as those who need her will be drawn to her. Effort on her part is not needed. So I haven't seen her since she left. She was never someone I was going to be friends with anyway. It's like befriending the ocean"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wake up! mjashfjgjhfkd Shake up! [Calypso/Kenichi] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Wake up! mjashfjgjhfkd Shake up! [Calypso/Kenichi] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:59 am

"The best for Calypso Gandr, then. Whether nobility or royalty, I just hope you find it pleasant to your pallet. Since I've been told it's dangerous and unhealthy to live on instant ramen and carryout for the rest of my days, I've been learning how to cook. For my future wife, I've decided I'll be a triple threat! A culinary expert! A breadwinner! And most importantly, one of the greatest martial artists that have ever lived!"

Kenichi flexed his arm with playful zeal following those series of declarations. Judging by Calypso's expression, she appeared to find the meal adequate at least. Proof enough, at least, that his efforts hadn't been in vain. Filling his mouth with a spoonful of his stir fry, he tilted his head curiously at the revelation. No surprise, there. Hvit always struck him as a mercurial woman. He couldn't say he expected her to leave Calypso considering her physical condition, but she seemed to hold up well just fine. She traveled from her homeland to here. That was a shining symbol of proof if there ever was.

"Anywhere the wind blows, huh? Well, I guess I can't say that was totally unexpected. From the looks of it, your body seems to be holding up pretty well."

STAND UNRIVALED|END POST

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:49 am

"Mmm. She's lost her closest friend and her way of life, and now has to try and find new meaning, in a world that she scorns for killing said friend. For me, it's amazing she even approached me, let alone had proper conversation. But you are right, my body is fully recovered now. Lot of power and kachow now" Calypso would state, snacking more on her plate.

"Though, on the topic of food. I recently found out that Ulv was a major contributor to a culinary book. Uncredited, probably because she didn't want to seem like she was endorsing it or bouying it's says with her fame or something. But yea, it's called 'The Martial Menu' and goes into all the food and eating styles you need to develop and maintain specific builds appropriate to each martial art. Really cool, since that side of things doesn't get a lot of attention"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:08 am

Kenichi didn't have any particular reply on hand concerning Hvit's reasoning. After all, it stood to reason that perhaps Calypso would understand the hollow more than he ever could. Time and again, whenever she graced his presence, she proved an enigmatic woman. One never truly fathomed the depths of her mind, let alone the thoughts that occupied her mindscape. She was an anomaly in the truest sense of the word. Somberness threatened to settle in his spirit until he heard Calypso mention a cookbook and Ulv in the same breath.

"Hah? Culinary book? Really?"

Any inkling of unpleasant emotions was promptly snuffed out by the timeless adoration he held for the deceased woman and the possibility of attaining that culinary guide for himself. Mentioning her to any degree never failed to set his spirit ablaze. When one food was applied to the equation, the blazing emotion would undoubtedly increase by several orders of magnitude. There was another book to attain on the horizon now.

"For every martial art!? Ahh, she truly was a woman after my own heart! I still study her Nine Yin manual to this day, but I'll gladly add the martial menu to my collection if I can attain it. A diet tailored to my particular skillset would do wonders!"

STAND UNRIVALED|END POST

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:29 am

"Gods. Nine Yin is thick. There aren't many words to it, but it's still thick as a brick. The profound capabilities of that woman were out of this world. I wonder if this is how everyone was; Jormun and Bjorn and Wukong, and Xuanshang. I can't imagine being a person who can read Nine Yin and go 'yes, I understand this'"

Calypso would shake her head and eat some more. They weren't her special Jenghu Chopsticks, but that was fine, she didn't need to spend every moment cultivating...

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:27 pm

"She was a warrior worth her weight in gold. Her martial prowess oftentimes made me feel like I was an amateur at best, and a neophyte at worst. Even now, I've rarely come across opponents who can consistently keep me on the back foot, let alone force me to rethink my entire approach. With her, it was always a cycle of trying to match each of her techniques. If I faltered, it was already over before I knew it. One hell of a legend, I tell you. I'm grateful I got to meet her. I've no doubt the other four were equally formidable, though. They're in the history books for several accomplishments or another, after all."

Maintaining his steady pace, Kenichi continued to enjoy the food he prepared for the both of them. It was amusing to reflect on the woman he admired even now. Had they held this conversation in the past, he no doubt would have found reflecting on this quite unpleasant even with his disposition of overwhelming exuberance. Instead of lamenting what was lost, enjoy the time that was shared. Honoring the memory by living one's life to the fullest. That was what his sister had told him, that was what Hvit reminded him of, and so many others... Truly, it was nice to see Calypso again.

"In any case, now that you're back on the scene, what are your plans moving forward, Caly?"

STAND UNRIVALED|END POST

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:57 pm

It as certainly something to remember, that Kenichi wasn't part of her culture and wouldn't understand the references she made. Though, it was hardly Kenichi's fault on that one, so she would be quiet and just ponder his next question. What did she want to do now?

"Dunno. Plans have never been a thing I am good at. I'll just get out there and find something that interests me, and then apply it till I am done. And then do the same. Gotta enjoy life, ya know? It's gonna be a long one. Can't get bogged down anywhere, trying to get where I want to be"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:59 am

"No fault in that point of view. I'm not exacting much of the type to plan too many steps ahead, either."

Finishing the rest of his meal, Kenichi sighed happily as he stretched his arms. He didn't find anything disagreeable with her answer. Much of the beauty of the journey in life was living life in the present, savoring the experience of every moment this realm offered. The future was a beautiful thing to expect, of course, but part of living life to the fullest was enjoying interactions like these. His philosophy had never failed him then, and he assured himself that it wouldn't fail him now.

"I'm really glad you came to visit me, Calypso. It was nice to see you again after so many months."

STAND UNRIVALED|END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum