Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet] Left_bar_bleue10015/100000What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet] Empty_bar_bleue  (10015/100000)
Tiers:

What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet] Empty What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet]

Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:26 pm
What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet] Db2sU21

Neighborhood Brat

Alright. Eiji's face was filled with turmoil, his fingers trembling just a bit as he stood outside, the early morning sun filtering through the shop windows next to him. Grabbing his shirt firmly, the young man straightened out his collar and patted down his sleeves. If there was anything he learned as a kid, impressions meant the world when it came to work.

Today was a momentous day in Eiji's life, he thought at least. Natasha would be, he hoped, happy with the progress he was making while she sat around the hospital without him. For today, Eiji would have his first job interview in the City of Light. A small retail shop he had come across while looking for a bit more clothing had a hiring sign in the shop's window. Aggressive? A bit. Usually work was found through the internet nowadays. Seemed the City of Light did things differently, huh?

"Alright. Don't take it too seriously. Too serious is bad, too lax is bad. Find a good equal ground yeah? Yeah."

Hyping himself up, Eiji tried his best to shake off the nerves that filled him to the brim. Before long, a worker had come and unlocked the doors for the day, greeted Eiji, and led him off to the side of the store's main shopping area. "Have a seat." Ushering him towards one of the three available chairs nearby, the young man sat and took a deep breath.

"This is gonna be a long day, ain't it?"

Putting his head in his hands, Eiji sighed. What did he get himself into this time?

Lookin' For His Place In The World

What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet] FXpoQxJ
What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet] 2Y9rqGk

Spoiler:
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet] Left_bar_bleue1570/100What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet] Empty Re: What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet]

Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:56 pm
What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet] Vi_PostingHeader8
Enter: Violet Gardner | The Rebellious Runaway

Violet’s promotion was because one manager quit and another just began maternity leave. She was next in line. Since this store couldn’t keep an employee for shit, she needed to turn things around. Luckily, the problem manager was the one who finally fucked off. Scheduling issues, display issues, belittling employees, sassing customers… The bitch should have been fired ages ago, but that’s what happens when you’re the bosses daughter. Now, Violet was in charge! She didn’t know whether to panic or cheer herself on. Thanks to more recent events, Violet’s decision leaned more toward cheering herself on. This was gonna be cake.

Violet was alone today. She set up the store as normal. While she was doing so, she noticed a guy standing out front, seemingly talking to himself. Out of her applicants, there was only one guy she received an application from for the day. Violet began struggling with the decision to make him wait or open a bit early. To try and seem professional, she made him wait until opening. It was only ten minutes, so it shouldn't have been that bad. Opening the door, she flipped the sign over to "open" and flipped a switch that lit up the signs in the large windows out front. She led him over to the office and told him to take a seat before she went in.

After hyping herself up quietly in the office, hoping the guy thought she was doing something professional, she sat down behind the manager's desk and called out for him. "Mori, Eiji." His application was laid out in front of her and she had a clip board with a set of boring, "professional," required questions to ask. She hated most of what she needed to get from him. All of this was written stupid. 'Describe an experience where... blah blah blah...' Couldn't she ask what she felt was good for the job? The customers? The employees? Apparently not... "Come in, please sit down." she said, gesturing to a decently cushioned chair across from her.

"Good morning, and how are you today?" Violet asked after he sat. 'God, I sound like a moron... Who the hell talks like this? Guy looks cool. Should just hire him now.'

End Post

Last edited by Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫ on Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet] Left_bar_bleue10015/100000What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet] Empty_bar_bleue  (10015/100000)
Tiers:

What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet] Empty Re: What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet]

Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:07 pm

Neighborhood Brat

Resting his chin up against the palms of his hands, Eiji sighed like a broken record. It wasn't long that he spent tucked away in a corner, right outside of the store's office. That short time however, unfortunately, left him with very little to do but worry. What sort of questions was he going to get asked? Should he even talk about his circumstances at the moment? There were a million different reasons to not hire a kid like him, especially given his background. What'd he think he was, infallible? Get a load of this guy. Before he started to fall apart at the seams, the woman who let him in just minutes before called out, gesturing him into the office and asking him to have a seat.

She looked... young? He was confused. Was Eiji being pranked? Surely this was a joke, yeah? She couldn't be any older than he was, if she was he'd be blown away. Whatever, he thought, finally taking his seat with a nervous smile.

"Thanks for havin' me."

Best to keep impressions short, right? Don't want to leave a sour impression right out the gate.

"How are you?"

Everything was a jumbled mess, Eiji answered her out of order almost immediately, a flush of red filling his red cheeks before he let out a sigh. Get it together, what'd Natasha and Natsumi think looking at him right now? Looking down at the twiddling thumbs in his lap, he coughed and readjusted himself, making sure to sit straight and keep what little eye contact he could with his potentially soon-to-be boss.

"Yeah I'm doin' just fine. Kinda hot, I guess, but fine. Yeah, good morning. Nice to meet you."

That was the right order, yeah. Idiot.

Spoiler:
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet] Left_bar_bleue1570/100What're Your Qualifications? [Eiji/Violet] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 pm

Violet could tell the guy was nervous from the start. She remembered when she came in for this interview with the owner; she had problems getting her words right. Violet was actually surprised she was hired, but apparently not having a job before was a plus? Something about not having to break bad habits. Either way, she wanted this guy to feel calm. The interview questions sucked enough.

"Don't be nervous. We'll get through this fine. What's the worst that can happen, right?" Violet said. The worst that could happen would be him not getting the job. It wasn't that big of a deal; he'd just move onto the next interviewer that called him back. That's what she did! "I'm doing fine. Be glad they got the air conditioner fixed. For a whole week, we were standing in ninety degree heat. It was awful."

"So, tell me a little about yourself before we get to these stupid corporate questions... For example, I would tell you that I've been working here for a few weeks now. I only recently moved to the City of Light, but have been loving it so far. I came to work at this shop because it's a nice pay and the boss is helpful, which is apparently really rare for jobs. So, what can you tell me in the same vein?"

End Post
Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:01 pm

Neighborhood Brat

"Is it nerves? It probably is. It's been awhile since I've done this, after all."

Even though a majority of Eiji's rushed adulthood consisted of nothing but work, it wasn't necessarily a lie that he hadn't been in an interview in quite some time. Most work fell in his lap through word of mouth, whatever couch he moved to and from was the next job. He wasn't exactly used to the fact he had a home, and even more, a family.

"God thank you, I gotta say, me and the heat just do not blend well."

Doing his best to refrain from interruption, Eiji leaned into his chair bit by bit as the woman spoke. Though he did his best to pay attention, the young man couldn't help but notice that, just maybe, he wasn't the only nervous one. Flicking at the hem of his shirt, Eiji smiled.

"Before I get into that, I just wanted to say thanks for givin' me the ability to be here today. I'm sure the paper says it but I'm Eiji, Eiji Mori."

Despite the fact the two were candidly talking, Eiji couldn't help the impossibility that had just occurred. For two people doing an interview, in what world do neither introduce themselves?

"I've only been in the City of Light for about'uh week now. I got the chance to finally have a home for the first time in forever and I took it. I like long walks on the sidewalk and would love to have a dog. My ideal partner is shorter than me but someone with a backbone. Of course, the most important part is that my work history is relatively filled with a whole lotta nothin'. I mean I've worked, but not... legally, I guess. I parked on couches for work most of my short adult life. You said the boss here was helpful? That's gotta be nice huh. Can't wait to meet'em."

Nerves had finally reached Eiji, his speech resembling that of a running dog. Doing his best to fit as much useless information in his little speech, he took a deep breath and started coughing.

"Sorry."

Spoiler:
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:50 pm

Yeah, Violet was a tad nervous here. If she messed up who to hire, she may get fired. Both of them were counting on this interview to go well, just in different ways.

"Violet Gardner. Thank you for applying."

Violet wanted to hit herself when she realized she hadn't asked his name, or told him hers. That was on the list! Thankfully, he remembered. As Eiji went off, Violet watched, blinking occasionally to show she hadn't completely checked out. As her nervousness was settling down, his was rising. In a way, she found it kind of funny.

"Uh, don't apologize. It's okay." Violet looked down to the clipboard and went to the next question. It'd help her move conversation along until she found something she actually wanted to ask. "So, why are you interested in working here?"

End Post
Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:19 pm

Neighborhood Brat

Eiji was thoroughly nervous at this point. Best to keep himself under control from here on out, the boy had no business going off the deep end. Giving a short and curt cough, he adjusted himself in his chair and straightened his shirt once more. Picking here and there at the seems like a nervous tick, Eiji smiled and took a deep breath.

"That's a very pretty name, Violet."

Furrowing his brow at the interest in why he wanted to work there, Eiji couldn't help but wonder if honesty was the best policy here. After all, does an employer really want to hear that it's for money? Whatever, he thought. At the end of the day, bosses knew what their employees were around for. The life blood of every person to ever exist, money.

"As much as I'd like to say it's for some special reason, money is necessary to live. Of course, there's more to it than just money, but I can't lie and say it isn't my primary reason. It does make me happy that I ain't gotta couch surf with this type of work, though. It'd be lovely to find a place I can't just keep comin' back to for a change, y'know?"

Giving Violet a soft smile, Eiji folded his hands together and leaned forward.

"A place to call my own, I guess."

Spoiler:
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:34 pm

Violet blushed and hid her face behind the clipboard, pretending to not have heard the compliment. She had to focus on work and getting someone to help her around this shop. Only two people running it was bad! These were the thoughts Violet attempted to distract herself with. She wasn't used to being complimented, and it always felt a little strange no matter who said it. She appreciated it though.

His answer was honest, and Violet preferred that. There was some notes here about money not being the main reason for a good employee, but that was stupid. That's why she was working at this place. What did they think? That someone was going to work here voluntarily just because clothes were nice? That's not how the world works! She nodded to Eiji and went to the next question down her list.

"Thank you for being honest..." Violet trailed off as she read the next question. "I hate these... Strengths? Weaknesses? Who just knows these things? And who is gonna be fully honest and be like 'I hAvE pRoBlEmS wItH aUtHoRiTy." Violet dropped the clipboard. "Look, you applied, so you need a job. This place pays pretty damn well. Are you like hard to work with? Argumentative? Mean? Are you okay with me being your boss? Cause I would be, and I need someone that can work with me on mundane shi-...stuff. Folding and hanging up clothes isn't the most fun, but it's gotta be done. Sometimes we gotta vacuum, do a bit of math with the calculator, and be nice to customers. Are you able to do that? Honestly?"

End Post
Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:08 pm

Neighborhood Brat

Eiji laughed, really it was more of a giggle. Violet's voice seemed almost comedic when she started talking about the job's requests for him, the interviewee. The way she pointed and ridiculed the generic 'What are you good at' type of mentality made Eiji feel alot calmer about the situation. After all, it was pretty clear that when it came to work, questions like these were just a nusance if anything. Who works for nothing but pay?

"I'd like to think I ain't that difficult to be around. I can be kinda hardheaded sometimes but ain't everyone?" He leaned back again, pushing against his seat. Rocking back and forth, Eiji thought about her questions. "I wouldn't care who my boss was. I just wanna work and do good work, y'know? If anything, havin' a boss makes things alot easier so they can keep me focused on whatever y'all want me to. I can do whatever it is you guys ask of me. Uh, well, y'know. As long as it ain't somethin' outlandish and crazy that the average person can't do."

He smiled and patted at his thighs before pointing at the girl. As if to prod her appearance, Eiji crinkled his nose in confusion. He didn't have any issue with her being his boss, really Eiji didn't care who it was that taught him the ropes. It just seemed abit... confusing, that Violet was the designated person in this case. She didn't seem old at all, if not barely a few months older than himself.

"Enough 'bout me though. You're really the boss 'round here? You can't be any older than me."

Spoiler:
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:23 pm

Violet liked the more honest answers. They felt less rehearsed and fake, like a terrible actor trying to remember their lines. She wasn't expecting him to question her back though. First, however, she pointed to the chair. "Safety hazard; sit normally, please, before you crack your skull." She was not going to let him fall back and hit his head. Not only would she get fired, he could take them to court over it. At least, that's what the owner of this place said. No lawsuits!

"I don't own the place, if that's what you're askin'. I'm the current manager though; not sure I should be, but I'm also the only active employee. The owner is real nice, but has life to deal with. Everything else was just unlucky circumstances. But, yep, I am the boss for now, but I will work alongside you like normal. I just also close up shop and have a few extra responsibilities to take care of."

Violet sat back in her chair. She had a couple more interviews to go through today, but she kind of hated the idea, especially if she had to deal with this stupid questionnaire. Violet let out a sigh, hoping her boss would accept what she was about to do. Flipping over the clipboard, she reached out over the desk.

"Alright, you're hired. Can you start Monday?"

End Post
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum