Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Lazy Man's Training Regimen [Joshua/Hana] Left_bar_bleue0/0Lazy Man's Training Regimen [Joshua/Hana] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Lazy Man's Training Regimen [Joshua/Hana] Empty Lazy Man's Training Regimen [Joshua/Hana]

Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:55 pm

The day was a good one, warm and inviting and thus far calm. A surprise given the general state of most everything, and that meant it should have been savored and enjoyed. It was a perfect day for a nap. Yet, for once it seemed, Joshua Jehanna was not lazing about and sleeping away this perfect afternoon. No, he’d been busy wasting it away with another one of his vices. His steps were light and he whistled contentedly as he weighed a sack of heavy coins in one hand. It had been a productive piece of afternoon as Joshua had dolled out an education on numbers and gauging people’s intentions through a simple game of cards. It seemed Lady Luck was sitting comfortably at his side this afternoon, and he’d been loathed to walk away from the table while the streak was hot. Alas, he did have plans this afternoon. Over the last few months Joshua had found himself helping out a new Shinigami to join the Division, and he had agreed to one such session of training only a few weeks back. He’d be failing his duties if he didn’t watch out for a friend in need.

And she was definitely in need.

She had potential. She wanted to learn, now at least. Joshua glanced up towards the sun, trying to gauge the time as he walked. If he kept this leisurely pace, he was most certainly going to end up late to their training session. He shifted the sack of coins in his hand as he thought, then stuffed it out of sight into a pocket as he made up his mind. Another quick glance, and no one paying the redhead particular attention, and Joshua simply disappeared with a Shunpo. The roofs of the Seireitei were sometimes empty, sometimes a second walkway; today, it was relatively clear and Joshua made good time as he crossed a piece of a the Seventh Division grounds to arrive at the little courtyard they had agreed to meet up in.

He arrived just outside, stepping through the archway at a thoroughly leisurely pace.

“Afternoon Hana. How goes it?”

Last edited by Genpaku on Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

~We trip and stumble only so that we may stand back up...~

Genpaku's Cast of Misfits and Titans
[Character Thread]

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Lazy Man's Training Regimen [Joshua/Hana] Left_bar_bleue1570/100Lazy Man's Training Regimen [Joshua/Hana] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Lazy Man's Training Regimen [Joshua/Hana] Empty Re: Lazy Man's Training Regimen [Joshua/Hana]

Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:08 pm
Lazy Man's Training Regimen [Joshua/Hana] Hana_PostingHeader20
Enter: Hana Aoyama

Great! Just great! There was a reason Hana preferred schedules. They allowed people to allot their time intelligently and prevent them from being late! Hana sat impatiently on a stone bench, arms crossed, one leg over the other, and her eyes closed. It had been a while since she allowed herself to fall into one of her daydreams. Now lost to the world, she was not expecting to be pulled from her thoughts, but her name was spoken and her eyes shot open.

Finally, Josh had shown up. She heard little rumors here and there about his "laziness," and was surprised to find that they were all true! At least on the days he was late... Hana stood up and looked unamused at him. "You're late, again," Hana said, her arms still crossed. "Are you incapable of following a schedule, or do you do this just to pick on me? I would not be surprised at either."

End Post
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Lazy Man's Training Regimen [Joshua/Hana] Left_bar_bleue0/0Lazy Man's Training Regimen [Joshua/Hana] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Lazy Man's Training Regimen [Joshua/Hana] Empty Re: Lazy Man's Training Regimen [Joshua/Hana]

Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:33 am

“Now wait a minute,” Joshua said, coming to a stop and adopting an air of false affronted dignity.
“Just because you arrive twenty minutes before our agreed upon time does not make me late. We agreed on noon, and lo an' behold,” Joshua gestured up towards the sun, “Noon.”
As quickly as the affronted expression had come across his face, it vanished as he gave her a smile filled with the same easy-going energy he usually carried.
“While it may in fact be fun to pick on you, I assure you there are far more entertaining ways to do it than to keep a lady waiting. Alas, perhaps another time I can elaborate on that hmm? I assume you would rather get to the matter at hand?” he asked as he gestured at the open courtyard, starting out into it.

“Did you start those Kidō exercises I told you to do?” he asked after a few moments. While not the subject of today’s training, he had a guess as to the answer, it was an excellent chance to potentially demonstrate some of that “picking in” tactic he was just alluding to. If she had actually done it? Excellent. As much fun as was to be had with these interactions and training, Joshua had not lost sight of the fact that it served a real purpose.

Last edited by Genpaku on Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total

[Character Thread]

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Lazy Man's Training Regimen [Joshua/Hana] Left_bar_bleue1570/100Lazy Man's Training Regimen [Joshua/Hana] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:12 am

Hana looked up, using a hand to block her eyes from the sun. Was he really... "You designate your arrival time by sun and shadow, hm?" she asked, lowering her gaze back to him. "That is just silly. Now, if you used a watch, you'd see that it is exactly twelve eighteen." Hana held out her wrist, showing off an elegant white banded and silver watch. There were only a few second of staring at him before she smiled back, his easy-going energy as contagious as ever. "Good afternoon, Josh."

Hana cupped her hands in front of her and bowed politely, a mannerism he would have no choice but to get used to. "And yes, while an elaboration would be lovely, I would prefer to get to training. Our previous sessions came in handy in the world of the living the other day." Hana said, tapping a finger at the pommel of her zanpakuto. "Of course, I finally realized it in fear of dying like the characters in my old books, but I was able to sharpen my reiryoku enough to cut through a hollow mask without issue. It helped that the hollow was more around your true level too."

Oh, curse him! Hana had not exactly forgotten about practicing her kido, but her patrols left her distracted and... "I forgot..." Hana put both hands over her face to hide the shame. "I promise it was because I was busy, not day dreaming. I'm pretty sure i have my first scar to prove it too... My apologies; I've failed you."

End Post
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:44 am

“If that is the case, you are picking fights a bit above your level. Which is all well and good, as long as Lady Luck is sitting firmly at your side that is,” Joshua said, a slight chiding tone in his voice though there was also an unmistakable note of pride. She’d come a decent way already if she was tangoing with even medium class Hollows compared to what she was doing when they first started these training sessions.
“Though I’ve asked you to keep it down about that,” he chimed in, some of that mock severity returning for a moment as she commented about his “true skill” and all. Granted, Hana here did not really know just what his true skill was. She’d put together though that he was not as unskilled as his laziness would otherwise suggest. Still, best to keep a lid on things as best he could.

As the topic of her homework rounded, Joshua’s intuition was proven right. He made a clicking sound with his tongue as she apologized, but just as it seemed he was about to reprimand her about it he gave a wave of the hand as though to wave the worry away.

“Things have been busy of late, so I get it. You should make sure to brush up on some of it though. Lot of useful tools when you can use what amounts of magic and all that. Next time we’re gonna be working some more on that, so you best have it ready by then. For now, how have your zanjutsu forms been coming along? Now that you had some first-hand experiences with the dangers out on the battlefield, they making more sense?”

[Character Thread]

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:00 am

"I assure you, I was not picking fights." Telling Josh the full story could have been a bad thing, so Hana kept silent. She wasn't picking fights, but had been lured in by a stronger Quincy, who needed a shinigami to exercise the hollow for her, and instead of helping, stood on the sidelines and watched until Hana's desperation turned into adrenaline and things sort of fell into place. That should probably stay secret.

"Outside of you and myself, there is no one present, so I am, at minimum, keeping it between us." Hana made her own assumptions about Josh, or at least she had a few weak theories. Her reikaku was mediocre, so gauging that was difficult. It was the way he moved during their training that gave bits away. She did not truly know how much the man held himself back. He could be a Captain for all she could tell.

"Mm..." Hana brought her zanpakuto form her waist, holding it out in front of her with both hands. "I... can cut a hollow mask now?" she chuckled sheepishly, a light pink color on her cheeks. "I am afraid I have not gotten very far beyond that, and my connection with it seems nonexistent. I thought I heard a voice once or twice, but I cannot be certain. I do take some time to meditate every day. That is it..."

End Post
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:30 am

Joshua gave a motion with a hand, ceding the point that they were alone and all. She considered his question then drew her blade as she spoke. He nodded along with her.
“Quite possible you were hearing the beginnings of your Zanpakutou spirit reaching out to you, though it is also always possible you’re just crazy. Sort of becomes hard to once you can’t use the whole ‘hearing voices’ thing as a test ya know?” he said with a wink and smile, clearly joking.
“Made yet harder still by the fact that you can’t really know your Zanpakutou’s temperament until you get a more full meeting with them. I hear some people start getting along quite well with their Zanpakutous. Others...have difficulties. Sometimes they like to play coy as well. Quite rude that.”

Joshua didn’t really hear a response so much as feel one, a chill down his spine despite the nice weather. He didn’t pay it much mind.
“Ain’t much we can do about that but keep up our diligence and wait for that connection to set down roots. You’ll get there. As for the physical aspect now, yer form is still in need a work I imagine. Ya have a better instinct of it now though I bet, even if you don’t know it consciously. You’re gonna want to try and think back to how it felt when you cut through the mask. Not just the adrenaline or the terror, though those things are useful in their own right. Ya want to think back to what I’m willing to bet felt like a new sensation; that sense of pressure, exerted both on you and outward from you.”
As Joshua explained, he reached down and drew his own Zanpakutou from its sheath. As the sun glinted off the metal and his explanation came to its end he exerted just a bit of his own spiritual pressure. Not much really, just enough that Hana could feel it from the other side of the experience.

“Eventually, you’ll be able to make every swing of your blade exert that will,” he said, the pressure fading away just as it had appeared.
“That’ll just take some practice. It won’t be enough on its own though. Your actual skill with the blade, and the rest of your fighting styles, will matter just as much if not more. The Academy taught me a lot as an example, but a good portion of what I know and what’s kept me alive all these years is what I learned before I ever had a shred of power.”

[Character Thread]

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:37 am

Crazy? Hana was clearly unamused by the comment, joke or not!

On the other hand, he piqued her curiosity about her zanpakuto's temperament. Would she get along with whatever spirit had been created within? She hoped so. The idea of fighting along someone that you could not get along with was depressing, especially since it would continue on for years.

"It felt... I am not really certain. Cold, smooth?"

Unsheathing her zanpakuto too, she set the sheathe on the bench. She followed his movements, and attempted to mimic what little she could sense coming from him. She was getting better with her reikaku, but was not perfect.

Hana's attempt was mediocre, less than average for a shinigami of her level. It was embarrassing, shameful even. It only reminded her of the foolish decisions she made at the Academy, and now she had to catch up and undo those failures.

When he stopped, so did she. She sighed heavily, having exerted herself in those few moments, trying to get her blade like it was on that day. Hana's head lowered as he mentioned the Academy again. "I wish I had been a better student..." she muttered and then sighed, "Well, let's not dawdle. Time to begin our training."

End Post
Genpaku
Genpaku
Advisor

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:44 pm

Joshua nodded along at her initial description.
“It will take some time to get a real certain feel for it; you’ll get there.”

As she mimicked his motions, he took a moment to gauge her progress. Her energy control was coming along well; for such a short time, especially as far as Shinigami lifespans were concerned, she was making great progress. Which wasn’t to say she was at the level she should have been; because of choices she’d made she was starting the race almost half a track behind the start line. Still, Joshua couldn’t help but feel a little pride in her progress and his part in it. Hana lowered her head, muttering something before refocusing, and Joshua raised an eyebrow as he lifted his blade and letting it rest on his shoulder.
“Let’s. First though, a question. We were originally going to work on your swordsmanship today; that still what ya want to be workin’ on? Or you want to switch and work more on the energy control and Zanjutsu side of things? I believe we’re working on footwork next time, so those get ta be yer choices for today's workout."

[Character Thread]

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:55 am

There was so much to work on that Hana did not truly know where she wanted to focus. Her kido was usable thanks to people like Lerna and Mizu. Her shunpo was "fine" for her level, but she obviously need to increase her skill. With Joshua, she would deal with swordsmanship. That was just how it had to be. If she bounced between subjects, Hana would end up confused and overwhelmed.

"I would appreciate keeping to the usual training practices. So, anything that has to do with swordsmanship, please. Which would, of course, include zanjutsu and the control of my reiryoku with it. So, where do we begin?"

End Post
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum