Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Beauty and Books. (Akira/Sabriel) - Page 2 Empty Re: Beauty and Books. (Akira/Sabriel)

Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:08 am
Beauty and Books. (Akira/Sabriel) - Page 2 Dc64070a36f3167779ba2edefe6d8fc6

AKIRA TAIRITSU

Akira listened to her response with intent, appreciative that this engagement hadn’t been ceremoniously ruined by Zathrusta’s intervention nor a statement which could be received as odd. Humans were weird. It had been on more than multiple occasions now that engaging with someone normal came at a cost, maybe this why Arrancar had been to some degree easier to handle than normal people. Her regalement of Lirael bringing a soft laughter to erupt from his lips, easily wettening them from an intake of the liquid that rested to his right, such a society held different rules only on the most basic of forms. In truth, many of the old Soul Society valued strength. It was entertaining to hear such things, that all life can objectively acquire groups.

The response to his offer was greeted with a gentle dip of the head, only to retort softly after he contemplated briefly.

"That is a loaded inquiry, I have many who enjoy literature. The library is a harbor for all misfits, outcasts, those lost and without direction and by extension, literature assists in all forms. Do I consider them anymore mine though? No. I’ve not found a Lirael so to speak, as I said earlier I’m very self aware that whilst civil conversation is easy for me, anything deeper can be problematic to maintain. I don’t wallow in an ocean of pity though, a choice I have made not to pursue for a plethora of reasons.

He chuckled a little at his own commentary.

"We all live with our own demons. As an Arrancar I’m sure you’ve met and seen more things than most could fathom, mind regaling me with a tale that truly took you off guard?

END OF POST

Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Beauty and Books. (Akira/Sabriel) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Beauty and Books. (Akira/Sabriel) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Beauty and Books. (Akira/Sabriel) - Page 2 Empty Re: Beauty and Books. (Akira/Sabriel)

Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:49 am
Beauty and Books. (Akira/Sabriel) - Page 2 2476073-sariya
SABRIEL VENTRESS

In some ways, his group of literature lovers did not seem all that different from Sabriel’s own band. Yes, the Arrancar was rather more firm when it came to claiming ownership but the basics were there. She could appreciate the appeal of grouping with others of a like mind though and hoped that he and his particular band would continue to be successful in their future endeavours. There was always more room for literature lovers, after all and considering how often the human world seemed to be at war, the protection of knowledge was more important than ever. Her knowledge concerning history was decent and it did not seem that the people of the human world could go five minutes without one country attacking another. It was more active than even Hueco Mundo at times or at least seemed to be.

“Who knows? Maybe you will find your own Lirael when you least suspect it.”
She replied with a smile, taking a positive view of what could have been seen as a rather unfortunate circumstance. Sabriel believed in forming bonds with others, literal and figuratively, having come to appreciate the pleasantness that such relationships could bring.

His question was a curious one and Sabriel spent a few moments thinking back on her long life before coming up with a suitable answer. “I suppose you could say that when I first became an Arrancar, my life was constantly one where I was caught off guard. It is a strange experience to find yourself evolving but only to discover that you have become weaker in the process. That is how it is for a Menos becoming something more at first. Enemies that I could defeat with a simple cero as a Gillian suddenly were able to overpower me. A disturbing state of affairs and one that took some time for me to get to grips with. I was forced to rely on my charm rather than my power but thinking back, it is an experience which has helped me in the long run and made me into the Arrancar I am today.”

PLAYFUL WITCH | END POST

Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:00 am

AKIRA TAIRITSU

Change.

It was Sabriel’s largest curveball, as a creature which constantly evolved, one could imagine the shock of finding evolution would shackle you back into the core of one's own inability to fight back. This was not a trait many beings had to endure, nor ever would have to endure for as long as they existed. To embrace this reality, adapt accordingly and respond, only to benefit later down the line made such individuals remarkably admirable. Certainly each of them held their issues, but all sentient life capable of choice, can choose to be cruel, sadistic or stagnant. Ironic. His situation could do with following her lead. A chuckle followed by the end of the tale, a mixture of optimistic outlook of Lireal and by extension this way of life.

"Facinating.

Akira held a genuine look of admiration, nodding slowly before retorting softly.

"It’s genuinely an invigorating tale, a journey of change that isn’t only accepted but exploited. They refer to Arrancar as the perfect predators, even after evolutionary shackles you find a Hollow can become weaker or stronger by some unseen gamble. That is a trait that many other spiritual beings don’t have the detriment of. Yet here you are. Ready to charm the world into submission and a stiletto into the throat of anyone who isn’t charged. I simultaneously fear and praise any being to call you their partner, through better or worse.

He cackled softly, moving to lean back against the chair whilst intaking a little more of his drink.

"My insistence we engage in the future can’t be overstated, if I am not too bold of course though I would love to see your abilities in action sometime. I hear an Arrancars skin can survive quite a lot of punishment, their release also capable of being rather drastic in change. If there is anything I could provide in exchange of course, I’d be happy too.

END OF POST

Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Beauty and Books. (Akira/Sabriel) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Beauty and Books. (Akira/Sabriel) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:24 am
SABRIEL VENTRESS

The smile on her face would indicate that she was flattered by his words although that was the limit of her reaction. She was not intending to be rude, simply that the dark haired woman did not like tooting her own horn too much, so to speak. There were times for such things but now was not one of those. The evolution of a Hollow was a difficult process, one where change was indeed a constant thorn, which broke many who attempted the multiple transitions. It required an iron will but also an understanding of one’s ego and how to keep it in check. Arrogance was the core of many beings who walked Hueco Mundo and resulted in the death of many. A wiser and cooler head did wonders for survival, a fact that many did not appreciate.

His declaration of wishing to see her capabilities was met with a thoughtful look from the Arrancar. “Nine out of ten Arrancar would probably jump out of this chair and release at the mere notion of showing off their powers but it is not something that I personally do on a whim. It is true what you say though and we have a unique set of abilities that allow us to match up well against those of other races. Hierro is the name of the ability that you are describing, one that allows our body to become an armour of sorts. It can be cut by a powerful enough enemy but if trained properly, can make for a potent defence. As for our release forms, the abilities we gain are different for every Arrancar but generally we revert somewhat as to how we appeared as a regular Hollow when it comes to appearance. Some changes are more drastic than others and mine is rather distinctive. I confess that it is much harder to lure in my targets when in that form personally though, as not everyone appreciates the…uniqueness of my new appearance.”

All that being said, he was respectful with his request and she replied after a little more thought. “I suppose I can indulge you one day if you truly are interested though. It is always good to stay sharp, after all.”

She then asked after a few moments, chuckling. “You have yet to speak about your past. I feel it is only fair that I ask, given how open I have been about mine.”

PLAYFUL WITCH | END POST

Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:59 pm

AKIRA TAIRITSU Blue | Zathrusta (Inner Hollow) Purple

Akira listened intently to her elaboration, though a thankful dip of the head had come to follow at the request being indulged at some point in the future. It was good to know her terminology, lure. She was an Arrancar of guile, beauty that bewitched and ensnared a sense of recognition no doubt or an ability to cause disorientation. She was versed, an artist painting on the canvas- No. A siren. To sing such sweet music into the ears of sentient life, causing it to let go, all for her. Dangerous by all accounts, even for him. The prospect of losing oneself was appetizing to an entity like him, though such thoughts came to a crashing halt as Sabriel inquired about such a dreary past. That warmth of a smile faltering for the briefest of moments, feeling a tickle behind the earlobe, a ringing whisper from Zathrusta who giddily goaded.

"Go on boy. I’m sure this pretty thing will coddle your broken soul after finding out the blood-

There was an erratic crack of the neck before coughing softly, returning to a smile.

"I’m afraid my tale isn’t one of interest. You’ll see many who have a similar one, especially after the war. Tragedy. Loss. Hubris. These things culminating into a thing which I find heartfelt to confess, though your openness allows me to offer it in kind. Cowardice. There are some though who want to wallow in a corner, excuse their actions and that of the past with some sentiment they weren’t a coward. I once believed in a cause, outspoken against a regime that believed in unethical ways of handling certain things, forged by the hands of rich and spoiled children.

He chuckled a little after that.

"One day I found out the hard way that idealism doesn’t change a regime. Strength does. I hate to place a somber tone on a most wonderful engagement though, so please. Do not hesitate to alter the subject matter to something which interests you greatly, I am an educated man afterall.

END OF POST

Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:45 pm
SABRIEL VENTRESS

It was apparent that there was more to his backstory than he was letting on and Sabriel would be lying if she said that she was not curious as to delving further down that particular rabbit hole. Yet, given the abruptness with which he encouraged her to change the subject, that was clearly not on the cards. Unfortunate but the Arrancar was willing to push her curiosity aside and instead simply ponder his words to herself, letting her imagination run free. It sounded like he had once been a member of something far greater than he was now although Sabriel could understand his desire to break away and find his own place. There was a rigidness to regimes that the Arrancar despised and she considered herself fortunate that Hueco Mundo had very few of those now. Oh, there had been in the past but now? There was far more wriggle room for one to follow their own path.

“I will refrain from asking any more about it then, if it will cause discomfort or awkwardness.” She replied, willing to be reasonable. “Perhaps I could ask about the origins of your beloved library then, if that does not trouble you? I confess that your sheltering of those who seek knowledge is rather commendable. How did you become a shepherd of lore, so to speak?”

PLAYFUL WITCH | END POST

Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:30 pm

AKIRA TAIRITSU

He appreciated it.

This Arrancar was more than willing to subvert this topic, a brief exhale departing his lips as a physical indication of the raw tension this past had brought. It was clearer still though that a brow came to rise as the inquiry came about the library, a hearty chuckle following through to fill the air within the area around him. It was a sanctuary for him, which turned into something for others.

."Well it started sometime ago, I love the moniker as a note. The World Wars were brutal, I fought in one of them myself. Third. The Demonic incursion was just violent, so much knowledge, architecture, history. It was depressing. So I decided to create a little vault of knowledge that began to expand overtime. In case we ever needed it…Though I started opening it to people when an incident occured within the small town I am set up in.

He smiled sadly.

."There was a girl, a fullbringer though very young. She didn’t understand her abilities, so one day during an incident of bullying…Well…Unfortunately she harmed someone, most likely taken their life if it weren’t for my intervention. It was then I came to realize that…Institutions like the Soul Society or the City of Lights aren’t afforded to everyone.

Akira smiled far warmer now.

."Thus I decided I’d offer insight both spiritually and intellectually about these beings. Unbiased, neutral insight into those who might need to see through those barriers. Friends want to protect you, loyal subjects wish to see you content. Contentment can be one of the issues someone can’t progress. So. Yes. Basically that.

END OF POST

Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:56 pm
SABRIEL VENTRESS

It was an insightful response and Sabriel pondered over it for a few moments. In a way, his description only further confirmed the similarities between his group and her own. It appeared that he had managed to do in the human world, what she had done in the Hollow one. Her knowledge of both the Shinigami and Quincy organisations were decent enough and it did not surprise her to learn that there were beings who did not fit into either bracket. Both the Gotei and the Quincy were rather unbending when it came to methods and Sabriel was not particularly keen on either of them. Oh, she would try and twist members of either organisation into letting her in, so to speak but she supposed that she was pretty much an enemy of both through her race alone. Hollows were not exactly fast friends with either race, after all.

“So you managed to create a location where all could flourish, regardless of who or what they are. Quite a feat considering the circumstances and state of this world. Impressive indeed and I do hope that both you and those who call it home continue to thrive. It is not always easy to run such a group and vigilance is always required but I am certain that you are already well aware of that.” She replied with a small smile. “I hope that you take some pride in what you have achieved, deliberate or not, you have created something quite special.”

PLAYFUL WITCH | END POST

Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:29 pm

AKIRA TAIRITSU

Akira offered her a smile of warmth in return, whilst one didn’t wish to acknowledge that it had been sometime since a level of real pride was taken. It did make him feel good. He had achieved a small amount of good for the lost and found, misfit and outcast now managing their lives without fear of themselves. Maybe. One day. It would be like that for him. To see that thing that constantly cackled within the edge of his ear, mocking within the sides of the peripheral. He guessed that being prideful about such wasn’t going to end his existence.

He presented another nod in gratefulness.

."Your words are most appreciated. It’s a pity we exist within a realm that fails to see this method of adapting to the world. The Vandenreich are less rigid so I hear but the Gotei? Barely altered. Vigilance is a trait that I’d consider comparable to a family member at this point, afterall it is through that neither of us can be taken aback or offguard should something go ary, hm?

The man shifted a little to lean back against the chair.

."If I’m to take your words as truth though, I think pride is a trait you should take aswell. Our groups are similar though you host it within Hueco Mundo, I can’t exactly claim that I’m protecting them from a vast litany of individuals that seek to consume me or worst. I’d dare say you require more holidays due to that.

END OF POST

Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:04 pm
SABRIEL VENTRESS

The Arrancar could see the similarities between Akira’s group and her own as well although she would admit that the harmony that his band possessed was not always the case for her own. Squabbles happened, fights occurred and there were days where Sabriel was forced to bring down the hammer, so to speak. A banding of Hollows was not exactly natural and the dark haired woman had been forced to be creative in order to make it work. Still, it was all worth it and the centuries old creature had to admit that she did take some pride in her accomplishments.

“Mmm. I confess that you may well have an easier time of handling your visitors than I do. Hueco Mundo is a treacherous place at the best of times and while my group tends to listen to me most of the time, they rarely do when it comes to each other. I am uncertain as to whether the bigger threat is those outside of my faction or those within some days. Lirael is a godsend in that regard though and she is rather skilled at manipulation, as I am. Together, we are usually able to hold dominion over our little corner of the realm.”

A chuckle escaped her at that point. “You are quite right about the need for holidays. There is only so much drama that I can take.”

PLAYFUL WITCH | END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum