Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sticking Out [Catherine, Elyss] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Sticking Out [Catherine, Elyss] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Sticking Out [Catherine, Elyss] - Page 2 Empty Re: Sticking Out [Catherine, Elyss]

Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:39 pm
Sticking Out [Catherine, Elyss] - Page 2 JTUIRhY

"Catherine Reed"

Damn, usually the types they sent to this realm were on the more hotheaded side, or at least she would've gotten under their skin a little at this point, maybe even gotten one to cry their crocodile tears. This one didn't seem super keen on getting upset, was she just too stupid to understand she was picking at her, or was she really that level-headed? Here she was, trying to reason with somebody who already made up their mind.

"A smoothie? Ick, they never clean those damn blenders well enough, stupid suggestion," Her skin crawled with the idea of drinking crap that could've gotten mixed with anything else, the subpar washing routine, the likelihood of an employee getting lazy and just mixing it without cleaning first. If it was premade or something it'd be tolerable, but that was besides the point, "Anyway, I don't need much of a reason to assume the worst of you, cuz you decided to be a Shinigami. You're all the same, lording over us and sniffing your own farts. It skeeves me out; whole lotta people who're trying to have their lives, then you come in - or don't.

Waving her hands and putting on a mocking tone, "'Wah wah, don't kill that hollow, that's our responsibility!', I hear it all the time, but where are you chuckleheads at the worst moment? Nowhere to be found. I think it's only right I knock you lot down a peg the first chance I get."

END | Your Sun-Colored Destroyer
Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sticking Out [Catherine, Elyss] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Sticking Out [Catherine, Elyss] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sticking Out [Catherine, Elyss] - Page 2 Empty Re: Sticking Out [Catherine, Elyss]

Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:08 am
Sticking Out [Catherine, Elyss] - Page 2 Zhtk5n8

Elyss Kishimoto | Red

"That's like hating police for wanting to be police," Elyss countered, knowing that using police would only worsen the situation, but this woman doesn't seem to care about anything besides her selfish thoughts, so...

"It's a job that puts food on my table, and with every job, there are people who suck. I'm not going to hurt innocent people trying to make a living because I've met a bad egg or two. Hollow are just things that exist in this world that require special treatment to be handled properly. If not, the world will collapse. I can't do anything about how it works. I can only do enough to keep the world spinning. Maybe you knocking us down is what's keeping us from being where we need to be."

Like right now. Instead of continuing her patrol, she has to sit here and listen to some grumpy lady spew vile in her direction. It's annoying, but Elyss has long learned that people will always find a reason to be annoying. She even has her reasons. That's why she's willing to listen. This woman's definitely not a Hollow, so Elyss' entire guard is down which makes it easier to talk. Tense muscles aren't good for the vocal cords..., right now.

"Yeah... I'm no better than anyone. I'm just me, and I'm just trying to help people in the best of my ability."

No smile or anything. Elyss is just vibing, honestly.

END POST | Red
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sticking Out [Catherine, Elyss] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Sticking Out [Catherine, Elyss] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:09 pm

"Catherine Reed"

What a load of dumb crap. The only thing she even vaguely sympathized with was the need to keep food on the table, that was the first even remotely mock attempt at humanity she got out of this one.

"Alright, first of all, here's the difference between cops and you lot," A pointed finger would lift up, "Anybody can pick up a gun and kill a bastard causing problems - only a select supposedly special few can grab a Zanpakuto and take care of hollows. And... Given by how uncommonly I come across your guys, i'd estimate your size is far, far inferior to your workload. Yet you don't want help. You expect humans to cower in the corner as the monsters in the dark lurk just outside and hope a Shinigami just happens to be nearby, when you're demonstrably unreliable. It's pretty insidious yknow, expecting people to live out in fear and not being allowed to protect themselves."

A slitted gaze was given to the redhead, sharp eyes on her with the addressing of that intent to help people, "Sure, let's say you're one of the good ones, and I am just holding you up from your job. Fun fact - there isn't any hollows around here; I've been checking periodically as soon as I stepped into this city. I'm already doing your job better than you."

Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sticking Out [Catherine, Elyss] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Sticking Out [Catherine, Elyss] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:15 pm
Sticking Out [Catherine, Elyss] - Page 2 Zhtk5n8

Elyss Kishimoto | Red

"Throwing numbers at me, huh? Well, since you're only one gal, I won't hold it against you."

Elyss reached back and scratched at her head, actually feeling it start. She could have gotten through this without getting annoyed, but she's not in the mood for keeping calm anymore. Of course, her outside appearance didn't change at all.

"...But, you're talking out your ass. How many Shinigami do you run into on the daily? How many Shinigami are in towns just like this one working? You don't know, and you'll never know the full extent of it. Like I said, we're not omnipotent, and we can't be everywhere, but your awareness means shit."

Sighing and shaking her head, Elyss continued as she put her hands on her own hips.

"I don't recall ever telling people they can't protect themselves either. A time ago, humans couldn't even see Hollow. In fact, you could correlate the uptick of Hollow with the world becoming spiritual aware probably, so I don't give a damn if you protect yourself or not."

Now her brows knitted.

"So go spout your righteous bull elsewhere. If you've got this place handled, I'll just head to the next spot over."

END POST | Red
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:52 pm

"Catherine Reed"

Hmph, she knew enough; she knew what she had seen and personally experienced. Nothing this one said convinced or shocked her into otherwise, but she would give her credit for not blowing up or attacking her - not all of them were so patient and considerate of what was clearly an annoying thing to hear. She looked at the time on her phone - damn it was getting late, she wouldn't be getting ice cream if she kept this up. Good thing this lady seemed well over hearing the truth.

"Alrighty then, ice cream place is gonna close so i'll leave ya to your 'job'." She'd shrug her shoulders and start walking away from the playground, "Pleasure meetin' ya, Red! Til next time."

With a satisfied whistle, the curl of orange hair would vanish into the darkness.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum