Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Someone Like Me  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Someone Like Me  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Someone Like Me  - Page 2 Empty Re: Someone Like Me

Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:42 am
"All we have is a little apartment-" The idea of an estate was... strange, though she had visited her family in Germany and they had one as well, but all that land. Nanaly liked the city life, the small houses, the hustle and bustle, all of it spoke to her!

Nanaly was excited at the idea of seeing Meninas again. Someone like her, a friend! She had Yumiko but that was a little different. "He has a bar in Tokyo. He doesn't let me drink alcohol but he can make a lot of good drinks!" Her brother always cooked up a weird new drink for her to try every time she visited.

"Of course! I can't push myself that much. I mean hell, I barely walk. I use my broom!" That was a blessing and a curse, she didn't get tired flying, but it also made her stamina poor. "Thank you so much... Meni-" She threw a nickname out there, seeing if Meninas was okay with that name. "Of course, we can start whenever~ Maybe next time?"

Nanaly pulled out her cellphone showing it to Meninas. "Do you have a phone?" Hoping she'd be able to get her phone number, planning stuff out would be a lot easier if that were the case. "Oh! That sounds great, maybe I'll check them out!" Nanaly wasn't exactly that strong of a fighter, so she wasn't sure how useful she'd be to the Vandenreich. "Hypothetically, if I wanted to join who would I talk to, and what duties would I have?"
Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Someone Like Me  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Someone Like Me  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:25 am
Someone Like Me  - Page 2 7aafbbf79b3637e720b0de2657715538
MENINAS MCALLON

Meninas nodded as Nanaly spoke about her own home, deciding not to comment. The Sternritter knew that she’d been lucky to have come from such a well off family and counted her blessings all the time. It hadn’t been a perfect life and the less said about her brothers, the better but she appreciated what she had. She’d loved all the free space though and had spent more time in the fields helping out the farmers than anything else, well, other than training anyway.

“I’ll have to try one of his drinks when I get the chance.” She replied with a chuckle. “My first taste of alcohol was at an age younger than it probably should have been but I have quite the tolerance for it. I think a lot of Scots do, it’s in our blood.”

Honestly, she was still a little nervous about training Nanaly when it came down to it, a little concerned that she might accidentally push her new friend more than she should. Meninas had always pushed herself hard, knowing that she could handle it. She’d have to be careful. The nickname was a surprise but for once, Meninas actually took to it rather well, not having any issue with it at all, accepting it without comment. “If you’d like, sure. Remember what I said though, we start out slow, OK?”

“Phone?” She’d then go on to say, caught off guard by the sudden change of topic but recovering well enough. “Yeah, I got one when I joined the Vandenreich, still figuring out how it works though. Me and technology don’t mix that well.” Pulling out her own, a sweet little device which looked tiny in her bear’s paw of a hand, she’d go on to read out her number, while waiting for Nanaly’s own.

The topic of her organisation soon came up again and she tilted her head before replying. “They have a big base of operations where you can go and sign in for. It’s massive and I admit that I still don’t know my way around it just yet. As for duties, well, it depends on what your skill set is. I’m a Sternritter, so I’m kind of a frontline soldier who deals with any threats but there are other divisions too. The first member I met is the Administrator of the research division and she works on coming up with new technology and Quincy spells. If you’re interested in that kind of thing then maybe they are for you. Not everyone is combat based though and you won’t be sent on missions that you’re not suited for. The training facilities are amazing too.”

PINK POWER | END POST

Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:50 pm
The apartment was something Nanaly enjoyed, after all, it was where she grew up! Home is where the heart is, or so they always say. That's ignoring the rather rough patch with their mother and her brother, but that was a story for another time.

"I can send you the address sometimes, I'll tell him to treat you right! I've never actually drank Alcohol..." She thought about it softly, trying to remind herself if that was true or not. "Doku always makes me this really good Orange drink, I forgot what it was called, but it's good!"

Honestly, Nanaly found it sweet that even Meninas cared about her health. "For sure! Once we're done I'll be throwing cars and wrestling bears!" She teased Meni a little bit, folding her arms. "I'll be sure to send you the cutest cat videos I can find don't you worry!" Nanaly spent a bit scrolling through various forums and social media looking at those silly kitties. "You can help me get swole, and I can teach you how to use a phone, a win-win!" She read off her number so the other woman could write it down.

The Quincy woman would nod her head and listen as she explained the organization. A Sternritter? Well, looking at Meni would probably tell anyone she was an amazing fighter, Nanaly was thinking about what group she would join if she was to join. She wasn't exactly, a physical fighter, maybe spell research was more up her alley? Who knew?

"Thank you, Meni. I can't lie, I'm considering it! I mean it be a good way for me to meet new people and improve my Quincy skills... I mean all I can do right now is fly and fire some arrows."
Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am
Someone Like Me  - Page 2 7aafbbf79b3637e720b0de2657715538
MENINAS MCALLON

“Alcohol isn’t for everyone.” Meninas replied with a slight shrug. “Some can drink for hours and hardly feel anything while others are giggling like a schoolgirl after just a drop of the stuff. If you decide to try it, bear that in mind.” Before adding after a moment, “I’ll make sure to request the very best from your brother when I see him.”

“By the time we’re through, you’ll be ready to fight anything that tries to get in your way.” The Sternritter answered with a slight smile, admiring Nanaly’s determination. It must have been tough for her new friend, given her fragile state and Meninas mused that just using her bow must have been fairly tricky. Still, she was sure that she could help and if not her then her fellow Quincy could.

She blinked in surprise at what Nanaly offered in return but after noting down Nanaly’s number, she replied. “Sure. There’s a lot I still need to learn when it comes to these things and I’m quite fond of cats too. I used to have one back home, a tough old tom who was always getting into scrapes. He adored me but scratched everyone else. I miss him.” Old Samson had more than once given her brothers a good scratching, something that had always made Meninas smile.

When Nanaly spoke about maybe joining the Vandenreich, Meninas would nod. “It’s worth considering and I’m sure that they’ll be able to help you grow as a Quincy. They might be able to help with your condition as well but I can’t make any promises on that. I don’t know much about the medical department yet.”

She thought for a moment and then asked, “Would your family be happy with the news if you did decide to though?”

PINK POWER | END POST

Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:15 pm
Nanaly would give a light chuckle. "My brother is a lightweight! Ironic though huh?" She tapped her chin. "I'll make sure he gives you the very best!" She balled up her fist waving it confidently, she knew Doku would kinda give it his all.

Good to see Nanaly's confidence rubbed off on the pink woman! That was always good to hear. Though Nanaly knew her dream was a bit unrealistic, Nanaly was a frail woman so getting her actual physique to be more muscular was kind of out of the question, her dad and brother were both rather small, but training would still help with her overall health and stamina.

"Never had a pet." That didn't count things like goldfish, more so legitimate pets, like a dog or cat. "I don't even think our apartment allows pets" With her brother moving out, maybe she should check. Maybe a little dog would be good for her father?

Hearing that they might be able to help with her condition did seem promising... Nanaly didn't have BAD healthcare, it was perfectly fine but wanted more out of her life. Though Meninas' question would give a rare reaction from the woman. Her smile faded... something that hadn't broken since she and Meni started talking. A worried frown appeared.

"I...My dad would take some convincing. Though I worry about Doku..." She spoke softly, getting some chills all over her body. "He's... protective. But. I'm tired of bringing his life down. I've never been able to work to pay for my treatments. He's been working since he was a teenager to provide for me. I stole his childhood from him." After shaking a bit more, she would a tear would roll down her face. "While I was home with mom? He was working. I... just don't want this stupid illness holding me down for the rest of my life!" She shouted, though the woman really couldn't get loud, still speaking in her soft tone. "I'm tired of taking his money!"

After that bit, she paused, shaking her head, quickly cleaning her face. "Sorry, Meni... I got frustrated... The idea of having my own job sounds... Great. I don't wanna burden my family anymore..."
Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:54 am
Someone Like Me  - Page 2 6nuQdpC

MENINAS MCALLON

It was painful to hear her new friend beat herself up in such a way and Meninas felt an awful lot of sympathy for her. She had no idea what it must have been like, given how her own childhood had been so different and for a short amount of time, Meninas wasn’t sure what to do or say. What was the right thing to say in a situation like this? Honestly, she wasn’t sure. Heart to hearts weren’t something she had much experience with although she wished she’d had one or two during her time growing up. Her own life had been all about training and farmwork, one that seemed so simple, now that she compared it to what Nanaly had been forced to go through.

In the end, the tall Sternritter didn’t respond at first with words, instead closing the gap between the two and wrapping her bear-like arms around Nanaly once she’d finished talking. Her embrace would be tender, holding her fellow Quincy as though she was made of glass, hoping her gentle warmth would help to ease the pain that Nanaly was obviously feeling. It was only when Meninas imagined herself in her friend's place that she could understand the frustration.

"I’m sure that once you’ve explained it to them, they’ll come to understand your decision." She finally said, her tone rather soft. I can’t say that I know what it’s like to have to go through what you have but I promise that you won’t have to bottle it all up inside anymore. Whether you join the Vandenreich or not, I’ll always be here to listen and help in any way I can. You’re not a burden to your family and never have been. The fact that your brother works so hard is a testament to how much he cares about you, as well as your parents. He does it out of love."

END POST | SCOTTISH SKULL SMASHER

Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:27 pm
Well Nanaly wasn't exactly expecting a heart-to-heart, it was just a... sudden, a lot of emotions stacked and soon she just let it all out. It wasn't easy to just keep it all bottled up. However, before Nanaly could adjust to what was happening, she would feel the embrace of the strong woman, it was... reassuring. She couldn't remember the last time she had a hug, her brother didn't do that anymore, not since they were children.

Nanaly could tell that Meninas was being gentle, something she appreciated, letting out a rather soft chuckle, as the tears only got worse in their embrace. "Thank you... Meni." She had a rather shaky voice, clearly happy to finally meet someone like her, someone who understood her. For almost all of her life, people not in her family just saw her as, 'That Sickly Girl'. Meninas would feel Nanly return the hug, this one a lot tighter than the pink-haired girl.

"Right! I know I can count on you now..." She let out a very light chuckle. "I'll make sure to help you out!" She finally broke from their hug, flexing her nonexistent muscles comically. "I'll beat anything that makes yah sad!"
Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:07 pm

MENINAS MCALLON

Meninas had to chuckle in response as Nanaly showed off her muscles, pleased that her hug seemed to have helped ease her friend's worries. The Sternritter had been worried that she might have done the wrong thing or held onto her friend a little too tight but thankfully, that hadn’t been the case. If anything, the 6 '4 warrior had been surprised a little by just how strong Nanaly’s hug had been in return. There was more to the broom wielding Quincy than met the eye and the Sternritter believed that she’d manage to recover from her illness and become as strong as she wanted to be.

”I’m sure you will and by the time your trainings done, you’ll have muscles as big as mine.” The Sternritter replied with a smile, Nanaly already had the heart.

Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:43 pm
Nanaly replied to her friend with at first a very light chuckle, which soon erupted into a deep hearty chuckle, which lasted for a couple of seconds. Leading to Nanaly coughing a bit. After calming herself and looking forward at the pink-haired woman, the Quincy spoke up.

"You bet!" Soon, she heard her phone buzz and she quickly checked it. "Oh! Meni. I should probably head home!" Nodding her head, Nanaly would sit back on her spirit weapon, laughing a bit. "You can always text me if you wanna talk some more!" She would smile a bit, curious if Meni had anywhere to go.

"Did you walk here...? You can hitch a ride with me if you'd like... I can uh, take you anyway" She smiled offering her friend a ride back to where she needed to be.
Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:32 am

MENINAS MCALLON

It was a little saddening to hear that Nanaly had to leave but the Sternritter appreciated the fact that they’d gotten on so well. She’d come searching for a Hollow but had instead made a friend, which was more than the six footer could've asked for. Meninas had no idea if Nanaly would actually commit to joining the Vandenreich but either way, the warrior would make sure to keep in close contact. Friends were still something that she was adjusting to, after all but she’d do her best to fight the awkwardness that’d so often overtaken her life.

”I will.” She replied with a smile as Nanaly offered to chat with her another time using their phones. Meninas was still getting used to the blasted thing but she knew she’d figure it out sooner or later.

When Nanaly offered to give her a ride, Meninas glanced at the broom and then her own form, a look of anxiousness crossing her features. It would probably be quite easy for Nanaly to figure out what the Sternritter was thinking about. ”Can your broom…erm…carry the both of us? I’m not the smallest of people, after all."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum