Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
2023 Combat Thread of the Year Nominations Left_bar_bleue16000/12023 Combat Thread of the Year Nominations Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

2023 Combat Thread of the Year Nominations Empty 2023 Combat Thread of the Year Nominations

Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:03 pm
2023 Combat Thread of the Year Nominations Ee0osx9
COMBAT THREAD OF THE YEAR

I. What's OTY?

In this event, we're looking through all of 2023 and picking out what we think was the best content of the year.

In this thread in particular you'll nominating what you believe is the combat thread of the year! Nominate the combat thread that got your blood pumping, felt like it had some serious stakes, or just in general made you feel like there was a real good fight going down.

These nominations, it should be noted, do not apply to threads which were part of Site Events (i.e. AfriCatastrophe or Fight Night). Those threads should be nominated under Event Thread of the Year.

II. OTY Rules

1. Each member can only submit one nomination per category, so think hard on it.
2. Make sure you name the actual members relevant to your nomination.
3. DO NOT NOMINATE YOURSELF.

These nominations will close after 1 week!

2023 OF THE YEAR
Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

2023 Combat Thread of the Year Nominations Empty Re: 2023 Combat Thread of the Year Nominations

Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:41 pm
The Thread: https://www.platinumhearts.net/t24196-what-do-you-fight-forhannah-solomon

Why?

This thread was incredibly run to read but the narrative context was fun, I recall the stuff around it being from both Criell and Mizu kinda traumatizing him and being in a situation which ain't okay for most. Solomon though finds Hannah and takes it, fights it, takes it, fights it, takes it. There is a level of willpower needed to be subjected to basically death. To embrace it. To know sometimes you can't do anything. That is why Solomon takes the cake for this. FYI Hannah was still awesome as fuck showing us not only why she is a Master of Kido but her specialty in the healing arts. It is a terrifying concept to bring an individual back from death over and over, to even have that power offers an underlying horror to an otherwise smiley individual.

Last edited by Valqy on Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
2023 Combat Thread of the Year Nominations Left_bar_bleue0/02023 Combat Thread of the Year Nominations Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

2023 Combat Thread of the Year Nominations Empty Re: 2023 Combat Thread of the Year Nominations

Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:06 pm
https://www.platinumhearts.net/t23798-what-lurks-below-henrex-asher

Without question, this thread kickstarted a series of events that altered the course of Platinum Hearts. Soul Society being bombed. Soul Society being on lockdown. Yuuto having to deal with a hollow who wants to overtake/overwhelm him, and created one of my favorite rivalries in Yuuto and Asher. I'm excited how that all ends, but it never begins if this thread doesn't happen.

And that's why this thread gets my vote.
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
2023 Combat Thread of the Year Nominations Left_bar_bleue419100/9999992023 Combat Thread of the Year Nominations Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:50 am
https://www.platinumhearts.net/t24578-the-pain-and-the-princess-akira-hana

While Hana has had many threads throughout the year, this one is comparatively recent, and arguably one of the most important. Hana's characterization is seen through her timidity, noble pettiness/entitlement, and cowardice, but, throughout the year, she's been trying to better herself, realizing the importance of power and fighting. To that end, I believe that this thread is the culmination of that. Despite her hesitance and general aversion to fighting, she still chose to stand her ground and fight, to try again in an attempt to bring him in. While that didn't happen, there is a sense of growth in the smaller things, namely that Hana was able to hold her own enough against Akira's Inner Hollow to force the host to take back control and retreat. While a small victory, it is one that I feel signifies a lot of how far Hana has come throughout the year, and that's why it has my vote.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
2023 Combat Thread of the Year Nominations Left_bar_bleue42100/160002023 Combat Thread of the Year Nominations Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:13 am
https://www.platinumhearts.net/t24209-your-darling-sister-has-no-lips-to-tell-you-wolfina-eliane

A well written fight thread between two siblings with a sprinkle of horror and unsettling elements, that's the shit I love. It's hard to put into words the exact points I liked about it without meandering, but if you haven't read this thread then you should, you absolutely should - any amount of my word vomit will not do it justice.

It would be a crime if I did not try to push this thread for OTY.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum