Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Static Situation. (Akira/Medeia) - Page 2 Empty Re: Static Situation. (Akira/Medeia)

Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:56 pm
Static Situation. (Akira/Medeia) - Page 2 For_valqy

AKIRA TAIRITSU

It all finally clicked into place as she elaborated, an ability to extend one's lifespan. That effect on anyone can be devastating, a constant wearing down as time passes, a creature like him comparable to a Human who lived beyond their natural days. Interesting. There was a tug of sympathy that ran through Akira within that moment, of course his life had events not normal for a Shinigami and even for a being whose longevity could be up to a thousand. He had moments of contemplation.

."Of course. I’m another voice within a symphony that has resulted in shoddy pieces of music, I acknowledge that. Change in itself is a dreadful business though I appreciate the revelation. You’ve seen so much that even if I succeed in this endeavor, would it truly matter. All I can claim is that it’ll be a little exciting.

He chuckled a little.

."Do you have a place for me to see these abilities firsthand? More I know, easier it is for me to place you with a partner that’ll compliment you. I’d hate for this to fall apart due to my own incompetence.

END OF POST

Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Static Situation. (Akira/Medeia) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Static Situation. (Akira/Medeia) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Static Situation. (Akira/Medeia) - Page 2 Empty Re: Static Situation. (Akira/Medeia)

Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:32 pm
Static Situation. (Akira/Medeia) - Page 2 1332574
MEDEIA

Another cocking of the eyebrow took place as he spoke, seeming to understand her viewpoint. It was not often that such an event occurred and it was rare that she would even express such a sentiment aloud. Still, it eased the tension just a little further still and Medeia was willing to forgive him for yet another numbing attempt at making himself sound intelligent. He certainly had a way with words and the brunette mused that more often than not, he would no doubt be able to twist whoever he wished around his little finger. Maybe once upon a time, she might have as well, back when she was young and still naive to the world around her.

Taking a moment to ponder his question, she would then answer rather casually. “There are plenty of wretched individuals in the poorer areas of London who would not be missed. If you are not averse to slumming it for a short amount of time then perhaps we could go there. I would not suggest that you risk that car of yours though, as the scum would be upon it like lepers. There is a particular spot that I have in mind, one where the rot is particularly strong. I can get us there in a moment using my powers, if you trust me enough to allow me to transport us both. If anything else, it will give you a teaser into the versatility of my abilities.”

LIGHTNING WITCH | END POST

Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:46 pm

AKIRA TAIRITSU

Interesting.

Was she able to bring them there due to some form of flight or maybe something more? It definitely was worth risking his life for. Flight for Shinigmi was limited but any insight into different methodology for it would bring great rewards for the research of Kido. There was a tinge of guilt that rang against his core for subjecting these souls to a sudden judgement at the hand of Medeia, though a necessary sacrifice. China wasn’t a joking matter and far exceeded their value in life. The soft smile that followed, came with a few words.

."Marvelous. We’ll depart now. It’s always a pleasure to watch an artist at work, especially if it is expunging an individual or two who have wasted their life through one reason or another.

R shifted to nod at the blackened screen of the car which drove him around, watching headlights flare into life as they broke through the rain that began caressing the ground below in soft pitter patters.

."I’ll follow your lead..

END OF POST

Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Static Situation. (Akira/Medeia) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Static Situation. (Akira/Medeia) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:14 pm
MEDEIA

“Very well. You may feel a slight tingle but you will not be harmed in any way.” The mercenary replied in a matter of fact tone. Truthfully, she had not attempted the manoeuvre she was about to pull off all that often with more than simply herself but Medeia was more than confident in her abilities and she had pulled it off before, usually with a hostage or some other resource that needed delivering. The distance they R and herself would not be an awfully large jump but the witch mused that it would take some of her energy reserves though.

Stepping beside him, the brunette woman would begin to channel her powers, creating a dome of lightning that would surround the pair of them. It would look rather ominous but it was more for show than anything else although if a hand did happen to touch it, they might get what would feel like a static shock. Medeia’s lightning was not to be trifled with, regardless of what she was using it for. Once the spell was complete, she would raise a hand and utter. “Teleportation.”

With a crack, the duo would disappear, transporting across the city in a flash. For those with a weak constitution, it may have caused a brief moment of nausea or dizziness but the witch barely batted an eyelid, having experienced so many journeys and so well versed with her powers. In mere moments, the two would touch down again, in a far less pleasant environment. The brunette had been truthful when she had spoken about the awful decor and those who dwelled here were more than desperate. Their eyes were sullen, skin yellowed, almost as though they were walking zombies.

“Welcome to the armpit of London.” Medeia would utter, wrinkling her nose slightly at the disgusting place. There was no better place for her to show her other abilities though and they would have to make do.

Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:27 pm

AKIRA TAIRITSU

There was a curious glance around the large dome of crackling energy, watching lightning criss cross and interlock with one another, surrounding the pair within a bubble. He didn’t wish to interfere but an impulsive urge to poke, prod or otherwise test the severity of this current was beyond lulling him. It was then she uttered those interesting words. Teleport- Ugh! This flash of energy that roped him up in an instant brought him into a den of decrepit human beings, though nausea flew about his stomach.

He didn’t wish to appear weak under any circumstance though instantaneous travel like that? Not an experience ever endured, enjoyed or otherwise had felt. It felt weird, a little dizzying as a forearm raised to land against some shoddier wallpaper already mid peeling, a brutal sputtering of coughs and groans following suit. Fuck him. Finally did the ability to focus return, coming to brush himself down and shift attention to the ongoing yello- Oh. They were human. Already at deaths door or seemingly so drugged out that they couldn’t respond.

."A-Apologies, eugh. That would take some getting used to. Hrm. This really is a depressing state of affairs. It’s ashame that some would turn to the artificial haven of drugs instead of engaging with reality..

There was now a truly lack of sympathy, if he could suffer through hell and still not even touch any sort of artificial aid then they shouldn’t either. He was a being of longevity, their small lives were precious and needed to be protected. To think if the Cycle is even remotely comprehensible that one of them might one day be a Shinigami.

."At your own pace, I imagine you enjoy a bit of spring cleaning.

END OF POST

Last edited by Valqy on Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:12 am
MEDEIA

It appeared that her method of travel did not suit him very well but Medeia did not offer much of a response to it, other than a brief raising of the eyebrow. There had been worse reactions and the fact that he was even standing was quite a feat. There had been many who had been left lying having travelled with her although in fairness, most of them had been captives who she had already delivered a beating to. Her lightning was not all that easy to recover from, even when it was used in a non lethal way.

When he requested that she lead, Medeia simply nodded and replied. “Very well. I doubt that there will be much in the way of challenges down here but the chance to purge a few rats is one I indeed intend to relish.”

Her gaze then turned to the pitiful figures before her, wandering around in a stupor like state. Hardly any of them seemed to even notice the presence of the two new arrivals although given their state, they probably saw people appearing out of nowhere every day. Well, not after today they wouldn’t and as she walked towards a group of six, her hands would charge with lightning, causing a circle of shurikens to appear around her. With a flick of her wrist, she would unleash her attack, the shurikens flying from her position and striking the fools. The moment they did, the insects would drop to the ground, spasming in pain as the lightning channelled through them. It wasn’t pretty and the sounds of their howling could be heard a fair distance away but that was what Medeia wanted in a way. It would draw more targets in.

“Most of my attacks involve paralysing my opponents which I suppose is natural given my element of choice. Once I have a target locked down, it is difficult for them to escape.”
She explained simply, walking past the twitching lepers and leading onwards.

Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:00 pm

AKIRA TAIRITSU

He watched lightning begin to forge into something beyond mere arcs of dangerous energy, a crafty outlook on Medeia’s abilities. It reminded him a little of Kido, though a level she surely was beyond most mortals in this department. The way they shimmered, lulling anything to come close before being flung into several sacks of flesh that had been so doped up that part of him didn’t believe it would actually register. Very. Impressive. She would be beyond useful in the assignment to come. It might be a little giveaway that R watched the seizing individuals with a lack of care, most would recoil at the smell of sizzling flesh yet he didn’t.

."Very impressive. There is another human among my team that is a capable individual, could kill five men with a pencil but in raw destructive ability? You’re without a doubt the strongest I have seen among us. These assaults would do wonderful for supporting an individual with more hand to hand ability..

It was then they began to walk, treading over those still suffering from the effects of her magic. There was a curious glance provided to the attire, deciding it was better to ask than otherwise meagerly hide behind his gigai. It was obvious those shrieking would bring about trouble, a den house like this was bound to have someone or a few profiteering from the inebriated.

."I am a little curious before the trotting of the pigs come to find far bigger predators in their little stye, is that outfit a choice because it distracts most or is it a fashion choice of comfortability?.

END OF POST

Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:19 am
MEDEIA

His assessment of her talents made sense and Medeia had no real argument against the role that he could see her playing. Distance was her preferred combat style and while she had a trick or two for closer range, it was not her most effective method. Her previous employers had hired her solely for her ability to cause mass damage from range, as there was an overabundance of meat heads who could be used for simple grunt work. For every one of her, there were probably a thousand brainless thumpers. She was well aware of the fact and was why Medeia had been able to acquire such large fees for her services.

His question was slightly unexpected but the brunette did not feel any real need to avoid it. “I suppose it is a little of both. While I have no real desire to couple with those I meet, I am well aware of the effects of showing off what one has to those I fight. Even the most hardened opponents can wither from just a glance and it has happened before. For supposedly experienced fighters, it is startling just how often they can be overcome by showing a little skin.”

Pausing for a moment or two, she would then add. “I confess that I also quite like the outfit I have. Not only has it become a trademark over the years but I find that it is easier to cast my spells when I am unrestricted by tighter clothing. Flexibility is always pleasant.”

The all familiar smell of the great unwashed was soon upon them again, as another group of mindless fools entered the vicinity. They looked rather more hardy than the last batch though and they moved with more vigour. It made no difference to the witch though and she simply raised both hands and fired a discharge from each, pushing them backwards and away from herself and R. It was oh so easy to tap into her powers at this stage, all it took was a tough of anger and concentration.

Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:43 pm

AKIRA TAIRITSU

It made sense. He had of course already presumed this the was the case, Medeia seemed like a woman who didn’t act without foresight or thought about each action, including choice of attire. The way most did have a bit of difficulty when combat ensued was merely factual, Akira himself wasn’t one of those ironically even though in this situation seeing skin still elicited that primal desire. He hated not having control over his own emotions, R wouldn’t be affected so he had to act in accordance to that logic. The sudden rise of her hand saw a discharge of crackling energy that managed to impact into flesh once again, pushing them back, R decidedly moving toward one of the downed individuals and noticing a slither of life.

He didn’t think Medeia was a woman who appreciated employers who didn’t get their hands dirty.

."You definitely look flexible, a flare of pragmatism whilst keeping aesthetic is incredibly useful. This line of work requires a certain calling card, so I am grateful to see such a mind on your own head.

It was then the cane raised slightly and began to press into the softened throat of this individual, whilst speaking with little sympathy for those who chose to waste their lives in this drug addled infestation. The tip eventually cutting them off entirely of oxygen as the light spasms of their nervous system, assaulted by lingering shocks by Medeia assisted in this. He did take note of a statement about coupling, curiosity getting the better of him and once more revealing a level of either understanding or sympathy?

."Coupling I find is difficult for those seeking genuine connection. Those in our line of work have to take into consideration much, then add onto the often use of betrayal and you get a pot of issues that may bite you at the best moments. Not to mention that longevity can be drastically deterring….Why torture yourself? Ah. Sorry if I am incorrect.

END OF POST

Ashaiya
Ashaiya
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:53 am
MEDEIA

“You are correct.” Medeia replied to his musings, her emerald gaze continuing to be on the lookout for her next victims. “It is far easier to simply keep others at arms length rather than forge deeper connections, especially in our line of work. When I was younger and more foolish, I once or twice made the error of getting close and each time I came to regret it. I suppose that is simply a part of growing up though and gaining experience. As I said at the start, currency is what I desire, not companionship.”

Her eyes briefly drifted to where R was finishing off one of the lost souls but her gaze was swiftly brought back to front and centre when she heard even more of the drugged up zombies heading towards them. The deeper they went, the worse the atmosphere would become but Medeia was not fearful. This was the land of the damned, an area which those in charge of London tried to keep under wraps but it was a hopeless task in truth. Every year, the rich become richer and the poor become poorer, widening the gap and forcing more people into taking drastic steps to survive.

There was something rather odd about these particular drugged up fools though and rather than stumble towards the pair, they sprinted instead, as though they had taken something to put them in an almost uncontrollable frenzy. It was rather unusual but Medeia was not flustered, raising a hand in the air and bringing down a mighty bolt that struck the ground and paralysed the group in one painful moment. She had performed the technique without thinking, as confident as she was with her own techniques.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum