Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 6 Empty Re: Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost]

Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:57 am
Bhairyuu wrote:Got it. Thanks for the clarification, Frost. That helped a lot.

Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_nlmf72TBPv1rl31vl_500_zpsa8flkuf9

It's no problem my man. I'm just happy to get ya on your feet here.

Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 6 WVMWLOu
Bhairyuu
Bhairyuu
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/1000Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)
Tiers:

Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 6 Empty Re: Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost]

Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:08 am
I finalized my danava's gravity powers so could I post them here for you to give it a look?

Also now that I am up to the storm power, I have a few,questions and was hoping you could give me your advice.
1. Okay so now that we agreed on my danava being able to use water sir and lightning together as,storm element as well as separetely, I was,wondering do each of the three elements get 4-10 abilities each or is it 4-10 abilities distributed among water air and lightning as I wish?

2. When my danava uses water air and lighting together as the storm element, can he maybe have a defined set of status effects of which he can choose one or more depending,on his tier?
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:

Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:23 pm
Bhairyuu wrote:I finalized my danava's gravity powers so could I post them here for you to give it a look?

Also now that I am up to the storm power, I have a few,questions and was hoping you could give me your advice.
1. Okay so now that we agreed on my danava being able to use water sir and lightning together as,storm element as well as separetely, I was,wondering do each of the three elements get 4-10 abilities each or is it 4-10 abilities distributed among water air and lightning as I wish?

2. When my danava uses water air and lighting together as the storm element, can he maybe have a defined set of status effects of which he can choose one or more depending,on his tier?

Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 6 1412613547265_zps2e566142

I don't mind if you go ahead and post them here. Just give me a chance to absorb them a bit.

1. If you decide to go with separate powersets, then you'll be limited to 4-10 abilities each for water and lightning. If you fuse them together, then you will just have 4-10 abilities for the merged.

2. Status effect? You'll probably have to be more direct and give me an illustrated example. Since, from what you said there, I don't understand and need to be shown. If you are talking about varied effect depending on what tier he is given? That's fine.

Bhairyuu
Bhairyuu
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/1000Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)
Tiers:

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:20 am
oh so I can have either the fused element or the separate elements of water, wind and lightning then, not both? I see, that was what I had a doubt about, so I thought I would check with you instead of assuming on my own.

about the effects thing, here is what I am talking about:

Tier 4 Combat:

Bhairyuu can choose any ONE of the following effects to apply to his attack upon impact.

Water: Dehydration
Lightning: Paralysis
Wind: Deoxygenation

Tier 3:

Bhairyuu can choose between any TWO different among the following effects to apply to his attack upon impact:
Water: Dehydration or Freezing
Lightning: Paralysis or Internal Burns & Rupturing (due to superheating the water in the opponent's organs
Wind: Deoxygenation or Sudden Combustion (by igniting the volatile gases in air via friction)

Tier 2:

Bhairyuu has the ability to apply any THREE among the following effects to his attack upon impact:
Water: Dehydration or Freezing or Vision Disruption (by interfering with the fluid in the eyeball)
Lightning: Paralysis or Internal Burns & Rupturing (due to superheating the water in the opponent's organs or Neural Pathway Derangement

Wind: Deoxygenation or Sudden Combustion (by igniting the volatile gases in air via friction) or Detoxification (pulling any noxious gases out of a person's airways)

This would carry forward with such varying effects in Tier 1 and 0 as well. This is just a sample, not my final version of his storm abilities. Oh and would it be okay with you to allow him to do something like augment his speed and reflexes by using the storm abilities (by channeling the lightning energy through his nerves to speed up impulses to his muscles and other nerves as well) or maybe using the water effect of storm element to purify any toxins that enter his body?
Bhairyuu
Bhairyuu
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:25 am
here's my rendition of his gravity powers:

Origin 1 :
Name: Juuryoku no Sousa (Gravity Manipulation)

Power: This part of Bhairyuu’s origin affords him free control over gravity, whether it is the control over the gravitons that mediate the force of gravity or control over the fields created by those gravitons.

Abilities per Tier:

Tier 4: Density Control & Pressure Resistance
At this tier, Bhairyuu’s power over gravity is only developed enough to afford him the abilities of pressure resistance and density manipulation. The former is more of a passive one which derives from the high affinity Bhairyuu has for his power of gravity and prevents him from being crushed by any externally applied pressure. The latter ability of density manipulation allows him to change the density of his own body, that of his opponent, any weapons and armor that they might be using, and even that of the constituents of the environment around him for various purposes. He can increase the density of his own body parts and/or any equipment he is using to make his physical strikes more effective, he can decrease the density of his opponent’s body and/or that of any equipment on the opponent’s person to decrease the durability of his opponent has against his attacks or to allow himself to better endure the strikes thrown his way by his opponent. He can throw the opponent off guard by destabilizing the surface that he/she is standing on while facing him so that he can attack the opponent when he/she is absorbed in the effort to stay stable. Outside battle, he can create walkways upon surfaces which would not normally allow passage upon them (e.g. he can increase the density of a strip of water in order to create a road for him and his allies to travel upon to their destination)

Tier 3: Gravity Construct Creation
At this tier, in addition to the powers of the previous tier, Bhairyuu gains the ability to shape the many masses of gravitons in his immediate environment (within a radius of 10m) to create various constructs to aid him in battle. These constructs can range from fully animated (e.g. a golem) to totally inanimate (e.g. great-axes, gauntlets, bombs, etc.).

Tier 2: Gravity Field/Wave Manipulation
At this tier, in addition to having the powers of the previous tiers, Bhairyuu also has the power to manipulate the gravitational fields in his immediate environment (with a max radius of 10m) for various purposes. He can use it in battle to increase or decrease the magnitude of the gravitational field affecting the area around his opponent/target to hinder their movement. He can increase or decrease the magnitude of the gravitational field around himself to either enhance his movement speed and maneuverability or to prevent himself from getting carried away by the opponent’s attacks (e.g. tornadoes, floods, etc.). Outside battle, he can use this ability to manipulate the force of weight exerted on any object to make the transport of that object easier among other things.

Tier 1: Celestial Body Summoning
At this tier, in addition to having the powers of the previous tiers, Bhairyuu also has the ability to call forth meteors and comets of various sizes and numbers from the heavens to rain down on his opponent/target or to destroy any environmental obstacles he may face in his path. The farther and bigger the meteor or comet is, the greater the energy he has to use to summon it.

Tier 0: Black Hole Creation & Control
This is the last and ultimate of all the gravity arts at Bhairyuu’s disposal and by far the most dangerous of them all since it is so difficult to control them once he creates them. In addition to the powers of the previous tiers, Bhairyuu now has the ability to create black holes of various dimensions for various purposes, be they in or outside battle.

Gravity Techniques:
Tier 4:
Charge Time: 1 post
Duration: 2 posts
Cool-Down: 3 posts
Energy Cost: 10 energy units

- Density Up:
Bhairyuu can manipulate the gravity holding the constituents of his body parts or his weapons and armor to increase their hardness for either offense (making his strikes land harder) or defense (enduring the opponent’s strikes). Outside battle, he can use this ability on fluid and semisolid substances like water or even the air itself to create a path for travel.

- Density Down:
Bhairyuu can decrease the density of his opponent’s weapons/armor and/or their body in order to either make his own attacks more effective or to decrease that of his opponent’s offense or defense. Alternately, Bhairyuu can destabilize the environment around his opponent to hinder his/her movement, maneuverability, and balance.

Tier 3:
Charge Time: 2 post
Duration: 3 posts
Cool-Down: 4 posts
Energy Cost: 20 energy units

- Gravity Golem:
Bhairyuu condenses the gravitons in his immediate environment (within a radius of 10m) to manifest a 10m tall golem at the center of which, he is enclosed so as to be able to direct the golem in a more efficient manner. Upon destruction, the golem will exert an intense spherical gravitational field with 2.5x the magnitude of the earth’s gravity field to trap anything and anyone within a 3m radius around it (not including Bhairyuu). The field lasts for 1 post.

- Gravity Mine:
Bhairyuu manifests a landmine made out of gravitons at a given location in the environment around him. Upon activation, the mine generates a sphere shaped gravitational field with a radius of 3m and a magnitude 2.5x that of the earth’s gravity field to trap anything and anyone within it (not including Bhairyuu). The field lasts for 1 post.

- Gravity Grenade:
Bhairyuu manifests a standard size hand grenade and hurls it at his opponent/ target. This grenade works like an implosion bomb upon impact, sucking whatever and whomever it hits & destroying it. This suction field lasts for 1 post.

- Gravity Gauntlets:
Bhairyuu manifests a pair of large gauntlets around his forearms to use for offensive or defensive purposes. Whatever or whomever Bhairyuu hits or comes into contact with while using this technique will experience an increase or decrease in the gravitational field around it for 1 post (as determined by Bhairyuu).

- Gravity Great-Axe:
Bhairyuu manifests a double handed gigantic halberd and uses it to attack his target with it. Whatever or whomever Bhairyuu strikes with the axe will experience an increase or decrease in the magnitude of the gravitational field affecting it for 1 post (as determined by Bhairyuu).

Tier 2:
Charge Time: 3 post
Duration: 4 posts
Cool-Down: 5 posts
Energy Cost: 30 energy units

- Gravity Up-Force:
Bhairyuu temporarily increases the magnitude of the gravitational field around himself to keep himself from being blown away by the opponent or any environmental events or he can increase the magnitude of the gravitational field around the opponent/target to either hinder their movement or to simply crush them on the spot.

- Attack Redirection Aura:
Bhairyuu concentrates the gravitational field around himself in order to cause any attacks being sent at his allies to be targeted at him instead. Alternately he can create a strong localized gravitational field around something in the environment to redirect the opponent’s attack there instead of at himself or his allies.

- Gravity Down-Force:
Bhairyuu temporarily decreases the magnitude of the gravitational field affecting him and any allies to enhance the unit’s movement speed and maneuverability. Alternately, he can decrease the magnitude of the gravity field affecting the area around the opponent to hinder their movements.

Charge Time: 4 post
Duration: 5 posts
Cool-Down: 6 posts
Energy Cost: 40 energy units

- Comet Crash:
Bhairyuu creates a beam of densely packed gravitons and projects it into space to target a single large comet and then brings it crashing down on the opponent/target.

- Meteoric Three Sisters:
Bhairyuu creates a beam of densely packed gravitons and projects it into space. He captures three meteors, each bigger than the one before it and causes them to crash through the atmosphere toward the opponent. The first two burn up in the atmosphere and save the third from being destroyed, allowing it to fall at full strength upon the opponent/target.

Tier 0: Gravitational Vortex Creation
Charge Time: 5 post
Duration: 6 posts
Cool-Down: 7 posts
Energy Cost: 50 energy units

- Miniature Vortex:
Bhairyuu creates a small sized black hole by concentrating the gravitons in the environment around him at any one point in the environment. He can then use the black hole offensively to suck in and crush any small sized missiles they throw at him into oblivion or he can use the black hole as a shield to absorb any small sized energy attack thrown at him by his opponent.

- Mega Vortex:
Bhairyuu creates a large sized black hole by concentrating the gravitons in the environment around him at any one point in the environment. He can then use the black hole offensively to suck in and crush his opponent and any similar sized missiles they throw at him into oblivion or he can use the black hole as a shield to absorb a medium to large sized energy attack thrown at him by his opponent. This technique is capable of uprooting and crushing entire houses as well.

- Giga Vortex:
Bhairyuu creates a super-massive sized black hole by concentrating the gravitons in the environment around him at any one point in the environment. He can then use the black hole offensively to suck in and crush his opponent and any similar sized missiles they throw at him into oblivion or he can use the black hole as a shield to absorb any energy attack up to extra large size thrown at him by his opponent. This technique is capable of uprooting and crushing entire areas of the environment as well.

Drawbacks:

- Bhairyuu can only manipulate the gravity fields and gravitons present in his environment. Therefore, if he were to be placed in an environment with no gravity, his power over gravity would be nullified.

- All the gravity techniques Bhairyuu uses require a high degree of focus. Therefore, Bhairyuu's speed is reduced to a negligible level for the duration of the technique. Furthermore, since each gravity technique requires such high focus, Bhairyuu cannot make any use of any of his other abilities while using his gravity abilities.

- When he increases or decreases the force of gravity in a given area near his opponent/target, the gravity around himself increases or decreases in accord with the technique (i.e, if he were to increase the gravitational force of attraction in one target area, then immediately surrounding him will experience a decrease in the force of gravity affecting it; if he were to decrease the force of gravity acting on a given area, the reverse would happen. When he is influencing the area around himself then something else in the environment will experience an increase or decrease in the gravitational field influencing it in accordance with whether he increased or decreased the gravity around himself.

I am not really good with balancing the cooldown time, charge time, duration time for my danava's powers, but i would very much like to learn how to do it properly. so could you please help me out with this?

Last edited by Bhairyuu on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:22 pm
Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 6 1427418590758_zpsv5zqg3xh

Bhairyuu wrote:oh so I can have either the fused element or the separate elements of water, wind and lightning then, not both? I see, that was what I had a doubt about, so I thought I would check with you instead of assuming on my own.

I don't care if you have them fused or merged, but generally on new characters, we usually cap it a 4 powersets. So for your sake, I'd recommend merging them if possible.

about the effects thing, here is what I am talking about:

Tier 4 Combat:

Bhairyuu can choose any ONE of the following effects to apply to his attack upon impact.

Water: Dehydration
Lightning: Paralysis
Wind: Deoxygenation

Tier 3:

Bhairyuu can choose between any TWO different among the following effects to apply to his attack upon impact:
Water: Dehydration or Freezing
Lightning: Paralysis or Internal Burns & Rupturing (due to superheating the water in the opponent's organs
Wind: Deoxygenation or Sudden Combustion (by igniting the volatile gases in air via friction)

Tier 2:

Bhairyuu has the ability to apply any THREE among the following effects to his attack upon impact:
Water: Dehydration or Freezing or Vision Disruption (by interfering with the fluid in the eyeball)
Lightning: Paralysis or Internal Burns & Rupturing (due to superheating the water in the opponent's organs or Neural Pathway Derangement

Wind: Deoxygenation or Sudden Combustion (by igniting the volatile gases in air via friction) or Detoxification (pulling any noxious gases out of a person's airways)

This would carry forward with such varying effects in Tier 1 and 0 as well. This is just a sample, not my final version of his storm abilities.

Yeah, that seems well enough to me. I'd go ahead and put in a final version of that so I can grade it properply.

Oh and would it be okay with you to allow him to do something like augment his speed and reflexes by using the storm abilities (by channeling the lightning energy through his nerves to speed up impulses to his muscles and other nerves as well) or maybe using the water effect of storm element to purify any toxins that enter his body?

I don't care if you do that. Just make sure it has a time limit in terms of post on it and describe it in detail on how it works.

Tier 3: Gravity Construct Creation
At this tier, in addition to the powers of the previous tier, Bhairyuu gains the ability to shape the many masses of gravitons in his immediate environment (within a radius of 10m) to create various constructs to aid him in battle. These constructs can range from fully animated (e.g. a golem) to totally inanimate (e.g. great-axes, gauntlets, bombs, etc.).

I'd like to see a bit more detail on this. How long do these constructs last? How much energy does he put into it to make something simple to something complex? Is there a time limit to this? Does it take any kind of mental focus?

At this tier, in addition to having the powers of the previous tiers, Bhairyuu also has the ability to call forth meteors and comets of various sizes and numbers from the heavens to rain down on his opponent/target or to destroy any environmental obstacles he may face in his path. The farther and bigger the meteor or comet is, the greater the energy he has to use to summon it.

What kind of sized meteors are talking about? How far can he reach to call them down upon? How much mental focus does he need to guide it? And this sounds like it should probably be an event only move or one used against high-tier characters. You need waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more detail than this for something like that.

Bhairyuu now has the ability to create black holes of various dimensions for various purposes, be they in or outside battle.

That better be the magical kind of blackholes and not the real ones. As in, we use some anime logic here and I don't care if someone has a magic-based black hole, but real ones are heavily restricted. So please provide more detail on this ability.

So, you should see where I'm going with this. The more detail the better. I'd probably focus on mental, physical and energy based drawbacks for a lot of his powers.

Bhairyuu
Bhairyuu
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:22 am
yeah I was thinking the same thing, I will go ahead and merge them into one advanced element, the storm element. Then I can just apply the effects I gave you in my last post, but with a bit more detail.

About the gravity part:

For the duration, energy and such for the gravity techs I had already included that in my post earlier:
Gravity Techniques:
Tier 4:

Tier 3:

Tier 2:

I was wondering though, what is the general rule of thumb for charge time versus cool-down time?

about the meteor summoning, yeah I am going to go ahead and label it as an event only move and will add the details you mentioned as well.

regarding the black holes, I should have been more specific. I was envisioning something like the Meido Zangetsuha from Inuyasha which basically sucks in whatever it hits into oblivion, not actual black holes, so yeah the kind my character will be using are magic based black holes.

Can you please give me an example of how you want the mental, physical, and energy based drawbacks detailed using one of the techs I described earlier? that would make things a lot easier for me to finish up.
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:20 pm
Bhairyuu's Questions [For Frost] - Page 6 1405082483297_zps322a7e31

Bhairyuu wrote:yeah I was thinking the same thing, I will go ahead and merge them into one advanced element, the storm element. Then I can just apply the effects I gave you in my last post, but with a bit more detail.

About the gravity part:

For the duration, energy and such for the gravity techs I had already included that in my post earlier:
Gravity Techniques:
Tier 4:

Tier 3:

Tier 2:

That's acceptable to me.

I was wondering though, what is the general rule of thumb for charge time versus cool-down time?

Just make it reasonable. What you have now is fine enough. Mostly I just care that there is a cool-down time. So I wouldn't care if it was an active time of 4 post and it had a 3 cooldown post.

about the meteor summoning, yeah I am going to go ahead and label it as an event only move and will add the details you mentioned as well.

Yar. Please do

regarding the black holes, I should have been more specific. I was envisioning something like the Meido Zangetsuha from Inuyasha which basically sucks in whatever it hits into oblivion, not actual black holes, so yeah the kind my character will be using are magic based black holes.

That's fine. I'd just limit the volume he can suck in at a time like the monk guy from INuyasha.

Can you please give me an example of how you want the mental, physical, and energy based drawbacks detailed using one of the techs I described earlier? that would make things a lot easier for me to finish up.

- Trouble focusing
- Headaches
- Confusion
- Dizziness
- Mental Pains

etc

Bhairyuu
Bhairyuu
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:27 pm
Ah okay so basically the drawbacks to using these techniques would be if he overextends his use of them. Do they have to apply to all the tiere or just the 2, q, and 0 tier techs?
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:08 pm
Bhairyuu wrote:Ah okay so basically the drawbacks to using these techniques would be if he overextends his use of them. Do they have to apply to all the tiere or just the 2, q, and 0 tier techs?

I'd most likely say the drawbacks would be more extensive on the lwoer end, but still exist on some form on the higher end, but they could work through them.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum