Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Turn back the pendulum: I know what you did last week [Tento / Hana] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Turn back the pendulum: I know what you did last week [Tento / Hana] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Turn back the pendulum: I know what you did last week [Tento / Hana] - Page 3 Empty Re: Turn back the pendulum: I know what you did last week [Tento / Hana]

Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:52 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Turn back the pendulum: I know what you did last week [Tento / Hana] - Page 3 6EdIfMt

For one moment Hanako eyed Tento. She wasn’t so sure she had really won. It could have been either or none. But in the end it wasn’t really important. There was no prize, other than the pride of the winner.

“You grabbed me.” she said and then just shrugged and dropped the topic.

With her left hand she beckoned to tento and turned towards one of the nearest buildings. It was a small, square building, attached to a bigger one behind it like an angled bulge. It also had a small porch with a door to the outside. In front of it, in the shades of the surrounding walls, a water fountain offered clear and heavenly cold liquid.

Hanako waited until they both had their fill before she let the fountain fill her cupped hands and splashed some water onto her face. Oh, how nice that felt. It made her wish for a pool or a lake where she could just jump in. On the other hand, that would cool her down completely and she needed her body at operating temperature. They weren’t done for the day. Hanako was surprisingly sure that Tento was craving more.

It was intriguing: it didn’t seem to matter if Hanako trusted Tento completely or not. Him being an obviously willing training partner was a greater motivation than she would have ever thought. She had really greatly enjoyed the run and was looking forward to some more. And she saw absolutely no harm in doing so. It could only benefit them both, make them better and stronger in the end. And this was what it all was about: getting strong, so strong no one would be able to break you.

“How do you feel about some sword training?” Hanako asked.

She looked up and at the square building. It was the building where she took some extra classes in Aikido. And since Aikido also included training with certain weapons she knew that there were bokken in there. It also seemed that there was currently no one in there, which was quite the stroke of luck. The building might have looked small from the outside, but it was only because it was attached to the larger one behind it. The dojo inside could fit a group of ten people comfortably, even more if necessary. That room only for the two of them would be a rare luxury.

If Tento would look at her, Hanako would nod towards the building.

“I think that one is free.”

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]

Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Turn back the pendulum: I know what you did last week [Tento / Hana] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Turn back the pendulum: I know what you did last week [Tento / Hana] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Turn back the pendulum: I know what you did last week [Tento / Hana] - Page 3 Empty Re: Turn back the pendulum: I know what you did last week [Tento / Hana]

Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:34 pm
Hanako was staring at him again. This time though, Tent did not have any idea this time of....why this time though. It was only for a moment but their eyes were holding each other gaze as Tento was looking at Hanako directly as well. Whatever it was in the moment seemed to be something that was a second thing to what Hanako would say next.

“You grabbed me.” Was all she said before just...doing a shrug and dropping it. No no you could not just do that. What did you mean??. Was what Tento wanted to say out loud but could not. Logic after all. But, there were things that were left open ended about it. Why bring it up, did it annoy her? Did it cross a line? Was it something that was allowed, approved, maybe encouraged????? Tento needed to know! At this point Tento was beginning to think he might just be direct with Hanako. ...even though his mental head told him that would be a very very bad idea since of how she was and how they were just starting to be...acquaintances? Wait was this a bad timing? Going that way if it was not serious would be best to do it now, before emotions got attached. That was what worked with him when he was alive and single. Being upfront and letting the girl decide if she was up with the terms of things. Oh if eyes could show what a person was going through inside Tento's eyes would be spinning dizzy right now.

Whatever, that was the past ten seconds in the past, and here was now. Following Hanako's steps after being beckoned after, Tento was quided to one of the nearby buildings. A small one, normal and like the others. Square attached to other buildings, brown. It had a small porch with a door to the outside too, which, Tento thought was like the rest too? He was not sure though. He did appreciate that the many walls of the building held shade. But better yet, a water fountain offering clear ice cold water!

The sight of the water fountain was very joyous for Tento. So much so he went straight took it and took off the top he had on. He was not sweaty nor was the shirt yet, but he indeed was hot. It was good to keep some warmth on his body to keep his muscle fluid and ready, but a little cool down would be nice and feel good. Wetting his hands with the water, Tento shook them as he pulled them out before splashing a little bit of water onto his face. After this he would stroke his arms and neck with some of the water as well. After that he would take his time enjoying sipping some water feeling a little refreshed when he was done.

Now that their mini break was over, the question was, what next? That question was soon answered as Hanako offered up the idea of sword training. That could be nice, but the question to that was what would they do? The only thing he could think of was spar against each other. And with how competitive the both of them were, and after so soon of the last situation, he was not sure he wanted to do that. He would hate it if he cracked Hanako's ribs...or worse bruised one of her breasts while doing the training.

"Hmmmm..I can be up for some sword training, I have a style I have been wanting to practice. But what are we going to do exercise wise with it?", he would put his shirt back on as he spoke and hold his arms on top of each other in a resting fashion as he walked forward towards the building Hanako had nodded at. "Let's go check it out then".

This time Tento would take the lead. Walking up to the dojo Tento would hop onto the porch of the building before turning to offer Hanako a hand up. Whether she accepted or not it would pass either way and Hanako would probably come up the porch. He was not sure if there was another way to get up there. Maybe there were stairs.

Either way Tento would go to the door and slide it open, walking into the room and leaving the door for Hanako. He would look around and take in the room before going off to try and find a Bokken.

Turn back the pendulum: I know what you did last week [Tento / Hana] - Page 3 Tentos10
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:16 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Turn back the pendulum: I know what you did last week [Tento / Hana] - Page 3 6EdIfMt

Hanako followed Tento in and, after removing her shoes, stepped onto the matting in the centre of the room. It wasn’t exactly soft, but Hanako knew from experience that the floor under it was also cushioned somehow, which was just enough to avoid serious injuries, if one messed up a fall, but firm enough to give a good surface to stand and move on.

“There have to be some bokken around.” she said to Tento. “I have Aikido classes here. We’re using those bokken on a regular basis, so they can’t be far.”

The air felt a bit…dusty and stale. Probably no one that could be bothered to open the windows for a bit after the last training session. With a few steps Hanako was at the windows and opened them all wide, to let in air and some of the last rays of daylight. The sun was an orange-golden disc of light, waving it’s pleasant goodbye to the world for today. At least to this world. Who knew what kind of sun shone in other worlds, outside of Soul Society, if any.

A few birds sang outside and the wish to just sit down and listen to them rose in Hanako. But she was not alone. For a moment the wish to just be alone and dispense with even the smallest amount of these exhausting social interactions and the wish to continue training fought with one another inside her. The latter won and Hanako stepped back into the room.

“So…if you have a style to practice I guess you don’t want to start off with some basic exercises?”

Aside from the fact that Hanako’s options were severely limited when she was training alone, she still always started with at least a few basic exercises and katas before she went on to more complicated ones. It was boring, even mind numbing, at times, but a thing one teacher had said right at the beginning of her education in the academy had stuck with her: fear not the one who practises 100 blows once, but the one who practised one blow 100 times. Or 1000 times? Or was it kicks?

Anyway, the message was that even the most basic movements should be trained so relentlessly until the muscles remembered them without needing to involve the brain.

Hanako discovered a locker in the corner of the room.

“Maybe there.” she pointed towards it. “The room was always prepped before I got here. The training weapons are in a large black bag. Jo, wooden Tanto and bokken, all together. I don’t usually come out here to this dojo when I train alone, so I’m not sure where everything is kept.”

Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:11 am
It was a little bit embarrasing when they walked in. Tento had forgotten to take his shoes off while Hanako did not make the mistake he did. Taking her shoes off before walking in. He realized this after turning towards Hanako once she began talking. Ah right right, how did I forget that?. Keeping his ears open, Tento went back to the en trace of the room and took his shoes off, placing them outside of the entrance before stepping back inside. Barefoot now he felt the cushioned ground matts, it was not soft really but comfy and firm.

"Ah that will make it easier to find them then", he said to Hanako. "Do you remember where you saw them last time?". Tento coughed. It was dusty and stiff in here. Besides his sinus stuff that came up at times...the stench of sweat that sat in here was irritating. It was a double edge for Tento. He liked feeling it happen and sure, having a sweaty room due to a work out was fine....just not when it was left to be for a day or two and others came back to it. It was always much worse.

Tento was glad that Hanako agreed with this, at least that was what he could assume. As she began to open the windows Tento went to another side of the room and began to help in opening the windows to let in some fresh air. Tento took a deep breath, extending his chest and body to enjoy the fresh air coming in. The sun came in with its welcoming gaze, shining a light ray over Tento because of his position in the room by a window, giving his brown skin a light orange-golden hue on his skin. Birds sang and Tento turned to Hanako once again with a cheerful face, "No no, I have a style I want to practice. But some exercises are always good. Got to be a master in the basic to improve what comes after right??". That was true and Tento believed in it whole heartedly. Master's of things had a full understanding of their craft. They could do it and teach it. That meant understanding of principles and foundations, as well as the complex advanced things further down the road. One could not get to that level doing sloppy shortcuts.

With a little bit of motion Hanako spotted a locker in the corner of the room. Following her gaze Tento went over to the spot and opened up the locker. Thankfully it was not locked up. Looking inside Tento found a black bag that he opened and saw that Hanako was right. Jo, Tanto, and Bokken they were all there. "Bingo! Spot on Hanako". Tento turned and sat the bag down as he knelt over it. "Which one would you like????".

Turn back the pendulum: I know what you did last week [Tento / Hana] - Page 3 Tentos10
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:27 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako didn’t need long to decide which one of the wooden swords she wanted. Almost all the training weapons in the bag were from white oak or red oak, the traditional material, as Hanako had found out some time ago. Most of it was white oak, but a few were of red oak and sported a nice dark, slightly reddish brown colour. It reminded Hanako of the sheath of her own Asauchi, which didn’t have any coloured lacquer to it, but only a clear coat, through which the dark wood could be seen. Some of the other students turned up the nose at such a seemingly inferior made weapon, while all their had finely lacquered sheaths, although no Asauchi was furnished with elaborate ornaments. However, Hanako liked it. She thought it was a nice coincidence that the sword she received, a person that was no-nonsense herself, was so simple and yet still highly functional.

She pointed to the red oak bokken.

“One of those.”

She took her wooden sword and weighed it in her hand for a second. There was one point that alway irked Hanako: The wooden swords were so light. It just wasn’t the same, wielding a stick in katana shape or an actual katana. The weight that felt so comfortably in her hand, so intimately familiar as if she was born with a sword in her hand. And that was not even mentioning the balance, that always felt off with any other weapon than her own, and the touch of the hilt wrappings, and the song the blade sang to her when it moved through the air.
There were wooden training swords that came at least close in weight and balance to a real katana. But they were quite bulky and lacked the elegance of a slender steel blade.

WIth the bokken in hand Hanako stepped further into the room and started some simple blows, cuts, slashes and blocks to warm up. It wasn’t implicitly necessary to warm up, her whole body was warm enough that she could just start training without any unreasonable risk of pulling a muscle. In a real combat situation she wouldn’t have a chance for stretching and warm up either. However, this wasn’t a real combat situation, it would be years still until she would have any remote chance of getting herself into one. So why not use a few moments to prepare?

And then there was the side effect of these repetitive exercises being somewhat meditative for Hanako. A real meditation never held much value for her. When she sat still and concentrated on her inner self, the voices screaming around in her mind became almost unbearable. Moving, concentrating on the movements and shutting everything else out, focused her more than anything else could.

When she turned towards Tento she held the bokken in front of her torso, blade angled forward. It was a neutral position, standart stance, from where she could go anywhere.

“You want to practise your style, then show me what you got.” she said and there was again a slight hint of a challenge in her voice.

“Do you want me to attack or to defend?”

Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:13 am
Tento liked the somplicity of Hanako at times. She knew what she wanted and did not have to think about it much which made things a lot more straight forward and easy. ...now if she was just easier to communicate with, it would make a perfect compatibility when it came to communication and conversation. Anyway. Hanako had decided to pick up the red bokken. And as soon as se had decided what she wanted and reached for it Tento had began to think about what he wanted. From what he could see there were white oak and red oak material. The material did not matter that much to him and so he had just randomly reached down into the bag to brag one of them. Standing up with the booken in hand, it would be one made out of red oak.

He felt the weight in his hand, light. Smooth. Hmmmmmmm. This was one of the type of things Tento was not sure about. Would he prefer it be heavier and less fast? A sword that was just a giant beat stick would be useless but it needed weight behind it to have more cutting power. A sword could be deadly if it was too light if used properly too...but it was just easier if there was a balance.

Hanako had started her exercises while Tento was picking up his bokken. Trying to get some in too Tento attempted to step in with Hanako and do the exercises a bit away from her side. Some of them he had not done yet in school so he had to take a much slower approach to watch and copy her moves. Other times it was stuff he did know, and was able to do at a normal pace. Cuts, slashes, imaginary blocks, all would be done in an attempt to further edge them into the memory bank that was in Tento's muscles.

He wondered what the next several years would be like. What would he learn at Shino? Who would be the people he would meet and befriend, and what would come of them and him after graduation in the centuries that wlould be their active duty as Soul reapers?

In the middle of Tento's actions with the bokken in his hand and the thoughts in his mind, Hanako had turned towards him. Already in a posture that allowed a blend of offense and defense.

A toothy grin came on Tento's face as Hanako offered a challenge. It seemed that the warm up was done for now and it was time to get to the spicy stuff. Tento dropped into a lower stance and instead of keeping both of his hands on the hilt of the bokken, held it in one hand. "Do both Hanako. Give me your all!", then he was on the move, with a stunt forward, Tento would faint a left angled slash before really going for a stab forward.

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:58 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

The same confidence Hanako had felt from Tento when they met in his very first sword training lesson, or when they fought hand to hand last week, was there again. He wasn’t afraid and he didn’t hesitate. Hanako liked that. A rush of adrenaline went through her body and brought with it a cold calmness and the hot awareness of battle simultaneously.

Tento launched himself forwards and began an angled slash. Hanako brought her own bokken upwards in response, to catch his blade and let it slide off, which would deflect his attack. At the same moment she took a step to the side to bring herself out of his centerline, combined with a slight rotation so that she would still face Tento.

And it turned out to be just the right move: Before Tento finished the slash with his sword he pulled it back and attempted a stab. That was a nice attack, but Hanako instantly realised she was already out of the way of the attack. So she let him stab, while she finished her sidewards movement. Meanwhile she changed her sword's direction, brought it around in a swift movement and down. His bokken stabbed went into the air, harmless for the moment.

Hanako used the opportunity for a counterattack: She angled her blade right and made a diagonal upwards cut. If it hit it would be somewhere on Tento’s forearms or wrists.

Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:50 pm
Hanako was a good fighter, being a fifth year she had more to learn from the school before graduation but Tento ws sure that she was ready skill wise to become a Shinigami. She would serve and do herself proud in her duty, Tento was sure of that. And the fact that they were facing each other, training and going at each other. Only got Tento's blood pumping even more! As adrenaline flowed through Hanako's veins so did the same thing happen to Tento's body.

As Tento launched himself forward in his diversion and then true attack, he watched as Hanako's actions made his attempt to be strategic to be all for not. Her action of bring her bokken upwards combined with a step to the side would indeed be a good evasion to the faint, and unfortunately would still work for the true attack that would be the stab that was intended to be at her center form. And as the stab went forward Hanako moved her bokken's direction in a sharp action and brought it down in a swift action. His left hand was in danger of taking a hit...what would he do?

Her counterattack was coming and although this was an opportunity to practice his fighting style, he did not expect to use it yet, but he would have to. As Hanako threw her strike down in a diagonal cut upward, Tento would drop his bokken, letting it fall down so that it would fall into the reach of his right hand that was left open, he would grab the bokken with his right hand and attempt to do an diagonal down strike to clash with Hanako's. If this block attempt worked he would try to use his open left hand to throw out an open palm strike to Hanako's stomach. If the defensive attempt failed he would be forced to take the nasty hit to his left forearm.

Whether one or the other happened did not matter, because after which Tento would hop back to create distance between them before striking with a horizontal slash that would go left to right. "HA!!".

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:58 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

The reaction to her counterattack was different than Hanako would have expected. Instead of pulling his arm back or retreating altogether, Tento…dropped his bokken. Why would someone in a situation like this drop his weapon?

In the heat of the moment, limbs and wooden swords moving fast, Hanako did not realise that Tento had caught the sword with his other hand and tried to parry her blow. However, it was too late for a block, her own bokken was already behind where his’ would have been. Aside from that Hanako executed an upwards cut, while he dropped his bokken down, away from hers.

Although it had another effect. If Hanako’s counterattack had worked out in the best possible way, she would have knocked the bokken right out of Tento’s hand. Only that there wasn’t a bokken anymore in this hand. She had no idea if he had planned this, but it was a great move.

Even greater, when he quickly hopped back for a little manoeuvring space and executed a horizontal cut that hit hanako right over her ribcage, with no chance for her to parry or deflect, since her arms were still high up from her own move.
It was just the tip of the bokken that hit her, but it did hit. No breasts involved this time, thankfully, but she felt it nonetheless.

Hanako herself took a step back to get some room and did her best to hide the hit, not react to it, but her skin betrayed her. A faint red line of irritated skin, right under her crop top, began to show. Something hanako could have avoided, or at least it wouldn’t have been visible, if she had worn something that exposed less skin.

Her eyes sparkled with energy, now that the fight truly had begun. Hanako raised her sword over her head and stepped towards Tento as if she wanted to do a straight slash downwards, as if she planned to cut him in half from head to toe. But at the last moment, right when she pulled her sword down, she stepped to her right, his left, and angled the blade slightly. It had the effect that she now wasn’t in front of Tento anymore, but one step to his left, and cutting downwards in an imaginary line from his left shoulder to his right hip.
Her plan was to put not too much weight into this cut, stop at about the height of Tento’s hip, regardless if he deflected it or not, turn the sword around and execute another cut along the same line, only upwards this time. Should Tento try to move away instead of parry she would follow with a gliding step.
If he blocked and held her sword, however, she planned to simply go forward, press her forearms against his, to kind of block it, and push him back with the weight of her full body against his. She had no idea how heavy Tento was and if he could hold himself against her. But being a bit taller than him and definitely bestowed with some muscle mass, she reckoned he’d at least have to work to hold himself.

Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:42 am
Tento's way was unorthodoxed and hopefully there would be a lot more he could show and test against Hanako today. These type of things were trial and error. And that process was best tested under the reality of students training and not warriors fighting. Tento caught his bokken but Hanako had moved too fast and passed the falling weapon in motion. Landing a blow to his wrist that would have caused Tento to drop his bokken and much more if it was a real life combat fight with real swords. Then again, maybe that would be a good decision in that situation? If he was going yo lose a hand, then he might as well fight through that fact and land a piercing blow if it would happen for real. A lesson to go back to at a later point.

With a hop back and a slash, Tento light blow landed. And that was okay. But what would Hanako do now? This was all Tento wondered as Hanako took her own step backwards.

She rushed forward, raising her sword up above as if she was going to do a simple slash. No...she wouldn't do that. In response, Tento held the bokken in his right hand, straight up in an angled stance like Hanako did in the start, trying to prepare himself to respond to whatever she was up to any way he could when it came. She came down, slashing straight...no...from his left! The bokken strike caught Tento off guard, hitting him right in his unguarded left shoulder. It let out a loud smack as it went down to his hip before Hanako would turn her bokken and attempt to go through the same path line. But this time he was ready and would swipe his bokken down in an attempt to clash with Hanako's second move. He would inch forward with a step before pressing his body against Hanako's in an attempt to push her off balance.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum