Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dine N' Catch-Up? (Rita/Kegare) [Toyko, Japan]  Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Dine N' Catch-Up? (Rita/Kegare) [Toyko, Japan]  Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Dine N' Catch-Up? (Rita/Kegare) [Toyko, Japan]  Empty Dine N' Catch-Up? (Rita/Kegare) [Toyko, Japan]

Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:42 pm
[CLICK THE POSTING MUSIC IN THE YOUTUBE BAR]

RITA GRACE

Enter Rita's Post

Lunch meet-up, huh?

Not too long ago the likes of Rita had received a notification on her business line that a previous contact wanted a follow-up to their encounter a few weeks ago. As far as Rita was concerned she felt that the interaction may have gone south toward the end and was somewhat surprised the other still wanted to engage again. So, with her afternoon quiet for the time being, she more than accepted; not really sure of what to expect when the two met.

So, if nothing else, she'd handle the reservations to a cafe that seemed to serve various types of drinks, coffee, food from around the globe, and so forth. It was a global world these days, so it wasn't particularly too hard to get whatever your heart desired in the depths of one of the largest cities in Japan outside of Karakura Central. And, being that it was a nice day, the woman wanted to feel the sun against her skin, the breeze flowing through her hair, and not be trapped inside a stuffy environment. Ergo, Rita got them a rooftop spot as she sat down, ordered a coffee, and basked in the quiet for the time being.

"Any minute now...."

Muttering to herself, she let the jolt of energy jitter in her body like an electric relief. As while the caffeine shocked her senses, it was comforting and for one reason or another, she felt off today and needed the comfort.

Code By:
[THEFROST]

Dine N' Catch-Up? (Rita/Kegare) [Toyko, Japan]  WVMWLOu
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dine N' Catch-Up? (Rita/Kegare) [Toyko, Japan]  Left_bar_bleue0/0Dine N' Catch-Up? (Rita/Kegare) [Toyko, Japan]  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Dine N' Catch-Up? (Rita/Kegare) [Toyko, Japan]  Empty Re: Dine N' Catch-Up? (Rita/Kegare) [Toyko, Japan]

Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:22 am
Dine N' Catch-Up? (Rita/Kegare) [Toyko, Japan]  HEADER_61983594_p14

It had been quite a while since Kegare had met with the ...enthusiastic woman. Certainly she had anticipated some outreach, but it seemed that Rita was either much busier than she had imagined or she wasn't the type to go extending these sorts of things first. So Kegare had gone and ensured that at the very least they could have a little lunch. The older woman sighed just a little as she walked down the street and neared the meetup spot, vaguely wondering if perhaps she'd been a little on the intense side. Well, not like that much mattered. She HAD noticed the woman getting a bit more reflective at the end. Had her words bothered Rita? Maybe she just didn't care.

All the same, Kegare put on a calm smile as she slipped in through the door and spotted the woman fairly easily. Kinda hard to miss THAT much cleavage and bold outfit. She put on a smirk as she made her way over to the table after asserting her reservation at the door. Taking the seat across from Rita, Kegare gave an amused lopsided smile. "Hey there stranger. Haven't heard from you in a while. Still toiling away at the business grindstone?" She asked with a hint of playfulness to her voice as she relaxed. She herself was dressed a bit more casually this time. A white smock shirt with a bit of her shoulders showing as well as jean shorts and some heels. She was dressed just for the occasion: a nice lunch out, seemingly uninterested in giving off the business vibe when she didn't HAVE to.

"So, any fun developments since our last meeting?"
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dine N' Catch-Up? (Rita/Kegare) [Toyko, Japan]  Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Dine N' Catch-Up? (Rita/Kegare) [Toyko, Japan]  Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:

Dine N' Catch-Up? (Rita/Kegare) [Toyko, Japan]  Empty Re: Dine N' Catch-Up? (Rita/Kegare) [Toyko, Japan]

Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:01 pm

RITA GRACE

Enter Rita's Post

Rita gave a relaxed wave once her guest sat down. There was a lot swirling through her mind, but her perception couldn't think of anything in particular that stood out when Kegare had asked her about any developments. Sure, she was keeping busy managing all of her employees, business, operations, and other assets; but it wasn't anything too out of the norm. So, she lounged back in her chair, wriggled her nose, and spat out the truth:

"Hell no. Still the same ol' grindstone. But I guess that's for the best, eh? Better to have work than to be out on your ass begging for scarps."

The woman gave a firm nod of her head as she seemed pretty sure of sentiment. True, things weren't moving the way she desired, but it wasn't like she was struggling at the moment. Of course, given her own ambitions, that ship was going to be rocked at some point and this time was better spent preparing for that inevitable outcome as this world had a way with fucking with you.

"If anything, I'd like to hear more about you and how you've been. I ain't some psychic witch, so I'll cal it a hunch, but I have the feeling your past few weeks have been more proactive than mine."

Code By:
[THEFROST]

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dine N' Catch-Up? (Rita/Kegare) [Toyko, Japan]  Left_bar_bleue0/0Dine N' Catch-Up? (Rita/Kegare) [Toyko, Japan]  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:54 pm

Kegare couldn't help but smile a little. Reminded of Rita's ....particular type of Energy to say the least, witholding a chuckle as the woman went over her own ...unspecific struggles with how everything was going on her end. However, that surmise from Rita certainly caused her to raise a brow. "Oh? Well I'm afraid I must disappoint you. I've not been doing much of anything the last two weeks. My companies however, have been.....doing interesting. Just about everything is going as planned, except for one particular branch has been reporting quite a lot of revenue lately. So I suppose that's good news." She noted, sounding entirely uninterested in the affairs themselves.

No, Kegare's attention seemed to be fixed on Rita herself. Watching the woman's reaction to her own admissions. It wouldn't be inaccurate to say that Kegare had something in mind for having brought herself before Rita once again. Well, not like it wouldn't have happened eventually anyway. Sure the girl had seemed.......... shortsighted and a bit blind to her surroundings outside of her goal, but she wasn't the type of woman to judge just based on a first impression.
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:14 pm

RITA GRACE

Enter Rita's Post

"Well, that's bitchin'. Shit, I'd investigate that further and see why it's generating so much revenue without you having to do much else to change your daily activities. See if you can apply that magic to other areas if possible based on the data you find and the feedback you get from everyone down there."

Stars started to light up behind the teal eyes of Rita as if nothing else she did seem to have a knack of excitement to better understand where the cash flow was coming from with varying businesses. Suppose that is why she is where she is, eh? No sense in working harder in her mind if the process could be automated, turned passive, and make more money in your sleep so you can pursue more opportunities.

...blah.

Too much inner thought.

"Anyway, I'm getting beside myself. It's cool that you still decided to see me since I'll be honest and say I thought I fucked up the last meeting."

...too blunt? Eh, who cares. That's just how Rita rolled and there was little point in holding back her tongue since she needed to be honest with herself to feel comfortable. If the woman felt she fucked up, she wasn't too above admitting where she felt she was wrong.

"Would you say it's good on a personal level the two of us haven't gotten fucked over by life in these past few weeks since we saw each other?"

Code By:
[THEFROST]

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:24 pm

Kegare almost smile with Rita's sudden response, a little chuckle escaping her as she made note of the way that Rita responded. Well....yea. She definitely hadn't been mistaken the last time she'd talked with Rita. That was exactly the sort of response that she aught have expected from the woman. And she could only wonder if Rita had had a similar situation before.

"No Rita. This was ... a LOT more Money than usual. And compared to the sales records, More money than they feasibly should have made doing what they're supposed to be doing. The kinda money you only get from selling drugs, robbing people, or worse." She noted calmly, her voice showing the gravity of the situation. The fact that one of her branches was compromised. A sigh escaped her for a moment and she lightly drummed her fingers a little as she considered the situation. Not JUSt her company. But Rita as well. The woman was galvanized by the notion of success. She hadn't seen Kegare's explanation, initially, as anything more than just success. And if Kegare had just blindly said 'good job, I'll be sending your managers to other locations to apply your tactics'. Just how much damage would be done until someone like Rita might have been tipped off.

Would Rita EVER be tipped off? Or would she just think things were going super well? Did Rita look INTO the context behind the sales reports? It wasnt even honestly always like this. Sometimes it was different. Usually, a branch starts doing terrible. AWFUL. Something happens that messes up business. They get low....they start failing, and even though KEgare injects a good ammount of capital, it still takes time for things to get better. Shoving money at problems was never just an instant solution. These things took time, and work. And sometimes.... a branch would suspiciously get very good overnight. Way ahead of schedule. They wouldn't even be suspiciously successful like the current situation, they would just suddenly be back to normal. And this shit happened more often than she'd like.

"So now I have to send someone to figure things out. And if that doesn't work, I'll have to go there myself. To figure out not just for them, but whoever I sent the first time." She noted lightly, tapping her fingers. "Situations like this are why I sometimes wonder if I should have just stayed a bouncer." She chuckled lightly, folding her legs and ....thinking.

"Hm. But I'm rambling. As for you Fucking up. It's nothing like that. You were just a bit more ....... new and optimistic than I expected. Usually people who get to your level of wealth are ...different. But your ...use of powers back at that little get together. I think I get the feeling that you probably use your powers for your business. Nothing wrong with that. But it puts a lot of things into perspective." She noted, closing her eyes and thinking for a moment.

"I've certainly thought about our last meeting since we last did. And I'm curious. Let's say that right this very instant. Your businesses go under. You lose everything. Every little thing. Your assets. Your company connections. Someone else bought all your companies and you lost all your money. What would you do with yourself?" She asked with a tilt of her head.
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:47 pm

RITA GRACE

Enter Rita's Post

There was a look of amusement on the face of Rita when she saw the reaction given by Keagre. Apparently, whatever had happened with her endeavor was generating something which was too abnormal. Of course, Rita herself wasn't unfamiliar with shady practices being done to inflate numbers. Given her own past, there were certain things she had done in the pursuit of trying to achieve some type of comfort for herself and those who followed her.

So even if the revenue that was coming in had been totally out of the businesses norm, it wasn't particularly too hard to fudge the numbers or circumstances to pass off the bullshit money as legitimate. In spite of that, Rita would never step on someone else's business. If she wanted to go the legitimate route, she had no desire to force her own a path that wasn't comfortable. While Rita couldn't care too much about how she earned her money, those limits were not the same for the next person over.

"I ain't gonna tell ya how to run your own operation, but if you feel something is off, then I'd snuff that problem out as soon as you can. I can probably help with it if you need it, but the longer the shit goes on, the worse the problem gets like an infestation of cockroaches you allow to build up. When you finally decide to do something about it, it becomes a hellish task to get rid of em."

That was sincere. She hadn't much interest in meddling with someone's system unless it was asked, but the hand was given if needed and she'd handle business if required. For the time being, however, her teal eyes focused when she heard the response given in regards to the whole powers and business angle. True, they were convenient, but there was still a certain level of skill needed not to get your own brain splattered on the pavement. As Rita knew her gifts, but there were far too many ugly beings in this world that could slit her throat and she figured she'd use what she got to leverage against some of the ungodly threats that existed in this realm.

"Aye, I ain't shy about using whatever resource I got to stack the deck in my favor. This world doesn't give a rats shit about me, so I better care as I sincerely doubt anyone else gives a fuck about me."

There was a sense of coldness uttered in that statement, as perhaps Rita felt some disdain with the circumstances that this world puts others into and her own recollections of the past. Yeah, she felt blessed, but some part of her certainly felt something was off. As if there was a piece of her heart that was missing by becoming so merciless in her pursuits in response to a bleak world. Still, it was childish to really mutter in as everyone had their own challenges and the only route Rita saw ahead was to move forward or lament in her own self-pity and let the vultures of this world eat her alive. So, when posed with the question of losing everything she worked for, Rita paused for a moment, processed it, and tried to give an honest answer.

"I'd be fucking depressed. I've invested a lot to have what I made now, and to have it stripped all away would make me want to not even be here in some ways."

There was no mincing her words as there was a far more stern expression on her face than where this conversation started, but she persisted.

"But, I'd still move forward. It's in our blood as a human to thrive in even the worse circumstances. I'd want someone to put a bullet in my head, but I feel too much disdain and contempt to give in at this point. I'd make a plan, figure out how I made my riches before, apply myself, learn and see what angle of this world is un-seen that I can make a profit in. There is always more money to be made and you have to persist even when the obstacles seem so...dismal."

She then closed her eyes and let out a soft sigh.

"I doubt that's the answer you are lookin' for, but in my experience, I haven't seen anything to make me question otherwise. What the hell do you think I should do? I'm curious because I feel fucked up and torn up with some of the things I've done, but I fail to see an alternative when my whole existence can be snuffed up by some superpowered brat having a temper tantrum and deems me a threat."

Code By:
[THEFROST]

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:25 pm

Kegare couldn't help but chuckle at how .....quickly Rita had simply snapped to it. No indecision, no pause, nothing even to change the look of amusement on the woman's face. At least in response to the situation. And Kegare couldn't help but be struck by how incredibly.....simple Rita was. Though the question was: was this simply how Rita was? Or how Rita chose to be? And she couldn't help but feel a slight worry if the latter was the case.

She didn't say anything in response to Rita's.....advice in the matter. the truth of it was that she'd already made the decisions in how to handle it. There were several people she trusted who were on their way to solve that very ....issue. She had simply brought it up in order to see how Rita reacted. And ....in truth. She responded just as she had figured she would.

The next subject, however, garnered some more interesting results. Hm, it smelled a bit more like the latter already.
"That seems a little pessimistic. You have a big company. There's nobody in all of your other executives and subordinates that you feel has any care for you as a person? These people you meet at these meetings, these summits. Sure it's for business. But I can't imagine someone as vibrant as you being flat out LACKing in friends." She asked and that smile turned into a slight ....frown. Just how isolated had this woman made herself?

Her response to the hypothetical only solidified that. If she lost it all she'd just go right back into it? "That's a little interesting. I hear a lot of answers to that question. Retiring and finding simpler jobs. Taking up the path of the warrior. Hunting down those responsible for revenge even. But it's not too often I hear someone who would just throw themselves back into the very same thing. Or perhaps I may just be asking the wrong people...." She murmured thoughtfully, tilting her head.

"Is ...BUSINESS really the only thing you have a passion for?"
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:14 pm

RITA GRACE

Enter Rita's Post

Rita's mind felt blank. Not out of contempt, sadness, or anger; but because no one had really popped out in her mind that she was particularly close to at this point. Of course, her parents held some kind of bond with her because they gave her life even if they failed to prepare her for the world. That bond was still important enough to retire them with the money she made from her exploits with Shadow Fall and through her own entrepreneurial and investment decisions after that miserable bunch of vermin disbanded from the earth. Still, apart from that, she had just seen the world as a vicious place.

Static played in her head as she had no ill-will toward others, and a part of her even wanted to prevent some of the tragedies of the old world from befalling this new generation of humans. So she can't say there was outright malicious loathing for every person and she even loved to entertain people, but more interpersonal relations were lost to her at this point in her life. There were many surfaces and professional relations due to her contributions and resources, yet the woman still held tight to her guard. So it even confused her as to why she even chased after Keagre. Perhaps some part of her thought maybe someone cut from a similar cloth could provide insight or some experience to open something in her is what she naively believed at least.

"Can't say there is anyone, apart from my folks, that I'm super attached to. I ain't out here wishin' to fuck over n' kill people for shits n' giggles, hell, I'd rather the world I grew up not be a reality for this next crop of folks growing up in the new society that's forming now that Shadow Fall shit the bed. I just can't forget what I've been through, so maybe that's my own shallowness, bitterness or whatever you wanna call blinding my judgment."

Rita then leaned back in her chair, exhaling a cool breath of air before her eyes narrowed in.

"I ain't borin', but I ain't exactly easy to know. I'll give you an entertaining night, but it's hard gettin' close to my heart."

After taking a moment to digest what was spoken after she had finished, Rita took a glass of water, guzzled it down, let it's cool content flow into her body and pressed ahead of the conversation.

"I like to invest in people to see them grows in ways I can't, I love to have me drinks/smokes, have entertaining conversations with people from all walks of life n' I like to travel across the globe...."

She then closed her eyes and sighed.

"...but if I'm being honest, in some way or another I feel these are all connected to whatever overall objective I have at the time since my type of work does require me to go throughout the globe. Eh, probably think I'm shallow as fuck right now; but I feel so entrapped in this cycle I ain't sure what the hell to do but keep reaching for loftier goals. Perhaps I'll find what I'm looking for by having enough resources to provide and care for others on a grander scale as I don't dislike the people that work under me and it makes me happy to see their lives flourish."

Now opening her teal eyes, Rita focused in as she tried to make sense of where things were going with this conversation internally.

"Tell me: what passions do you live for? How do you not let the bitterness of the world blacken yourself? You seem to have gone through a similar or darker history them myself, what have you done to not let that hollow you out and trust others? Or am I too drunk on success to see the obvious in front of me?"

Code By:
[THEFROST]

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:24 am

Kegare was....intrigued. Curious as to how the woman had managed such a situation. Sure there were people who were FAR too busy for that sort of relationship, but this woman didn't strike her as the busy type. No, she seemed like the type who would make SURE she had moments of indulgence. And yet she hadn't garnered ANYONE that she would even consider close? All the more with what this woman believed to be her issues. Of course, the furthest person to understand someone was themselves, but her guesses certainly said a lot about what was actually potentially going on beneath the surface.

"I'd hardly call you shallow. A shallow person would blame others for a lack of friends, or would surround themselves with peple they pretend to hold dear. If you were shallow, you'd be listing off names of people you don't really care about to give the impression of having people or some shit. Or well.... any number of other... vapid things. But you not having anyone doesn't seem to be like any sort of thought that other people aren't worth anything. You value people, you just have troble connecting earnestly if I'm understanding what you're saying." Kegare murmured, her mind drifting back to her time in the gotei. Hm.

"But you also don't seem particularly bothered. Or maybe you just hide it well. Maybe you just do't WANT people close to you. Lotta people seem to cling to others to try and stay safe, or just be remembered when they go. But the vibe I get from you is maybe you just wanna be forgotten once you're gone." She ventured, with....mixed sincerity. Or rather, she expressed it in a way that didn't lend itself to what she actually meant. In a way that Rita could easily dispute her and say she wanted to leave some grand legacy and be remembered. But what KEgare meant, of course, was remembered in a different way. To have been meaningful. Which she ..... wasn't sure about. The woman certainly seemed to enjoy being valuable to people... her mention of investment. But she still kept people distant, and KEgare..... mused over it in her mind, reconsidering everything else that the woman had revealed about herself. Vaguely......considering the use of her powers. But only fleetingly and without much sincerity.

"Do you WANT someone to be close to you?" She ultimately decided to ask outright.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum