Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down

Which Option Is Better? [POLL ADDED BY [THEFROST]]

10 - 22%
5 - 11%
6 - 13%
7 - 16%
5 - 11%
6 - 13%
0 - 0%
3 - 7%
3 - 7%

Total Votes: 45

Poll closed

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

JJ
JJ
Rower of Rock. And Souls.

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue20650/20000Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (20650/20000)
Tiers:

Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 Empty Re: Changes to the 0 Division and new managment

Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:25 pm
I don't get where you're talking about Articles of Confederacy and Constitution, because the Zero Division never had that. What I'm reading is you're mixing external elements of the site with internal RP history to make a completely convoluted statement which is making no sense. I built them to be what I believed them to be because we had no information on the "Cannon" Zero Division when they were constructed and led, so to say that you changed a broken system doesn't make sense when it wasn't broken to begin with. As my Momma always says, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. On top of that we're not building them to be like the Bleach Cannon here, because as I've stated, if we did, it would break a LOT of the site characters and their histories, as well as debunk and create plot holes, thus to stay away from the Cannon side, and sway more towards the custom side is what is preferred. Like Snowball said, to make an elite team that can cover bases of front line offense, or last line defense, as I've had them in the past.

I was referring to the comparison between those two as something old and something new, that was all. And I'm not 'mixing' them. They have been mixed, past tense. For nearly a year now they have been this way. And yes, you are correct. The old Zero Division, no one knew about. Therefore, when the canon zero division appeared, and the PRESENT zero Division had absolutely NOTHING left going for it, no active characters, no nothing, for months, I finally said "f#ck that" and got approval from everyone to make it. It was checked, and was approved as a system that worked, a new system. The fact is that it WAS broken; the Division lacked the knowledge resources that made it a cohesive organization, and in changing it it became more cohesive as a whole, easier to understand, and less random. The way it was set up before left a lot to ambiguity; there were solid reasons for why we decided to change it, and I went through the proper procedures to have that done. I did my research, I did my homework. At the time they were first made, that wasn't possible, but now that it is and it was a time when it made sense to the staff to do so, it was changed.

And Moose, we aren't 'building' it to be like the site Canon. it has been already built. It's not 'interfering' with site canons or other strange reasons quite simply because of the fact that they were built to be AFTER the old one. The old one existed, and was abolished, and then restructured. It was redesigned keeping their core concepts in mind, and it was approved, by staff and then used, by members. It has been like that for nearly a year; and to outwardly deny that or make it seem as if the work has not already been done so to make it that way is quite frankly, erroneous. We can't deny the Canon; because the Canon is the facts of how the universe is set up. WE can't copy it either, due to how it works, but we can get as close as possible. I never said that their old history was abolished or changed. The only way it could make 'plot holes' is if someone would consider it to be their right to have it always be exactly ONE WAY. However, it is not just that one way, and it has been changed to something that is different from before.

Lastly, they cannot be last-line defense AND front-line attacking. If you spend your resources on one, then what's the good of the other? However, they are also the ace in the hole, the final retainers; so they would be more inclined towards defense. That's how the Zero Division that the site currently has installed operates, and its operations have not caused any bumps or ridges that go against what the members are attempting to accomplish.

But we're all being professional here, and you see no one else inputting their signature on the end of their posts. I'm not saying you're as pompous as the last guy who did it, I'm just saying it isn't necessary in this case as we're all carrying this discussion together, and we don't need a representation finish.

...I tried doing everything casually, once upon a time. I learned a long time ago that it just doesn't get things done unless you give people reason to notice what you are telling them. If ou regard it as pompous or anything else, that's your problem; I'm doing it only to maintain a complete stance that does not allow in emotions, but only logic, and the eventual truth.

But you do know the Soul King can take care of himself right? The guy on this site took care of Kin Iramasha, a 0-1! In that sense, he doesn't need Guards that much anymore, but instead can command his own respected force to perform tasks to his bidding. I can see that change from the past, because Ceon was Leading the Zero Division when Kin attacked, and after the Soul King proved he can fight for himself/herself it can constitute a change for the Zero Division from being Guards to instead becoming an elite task force. Which means instead of being purely offense or defense, they can perform tasks as requested by their Commander in Chief, the Soul King. They don't need to be a Last Defense as much anymore as well because the Gotei has gotten LIGHT YEARS stronger since when Ceon ran it, and with powerhouses like Tsubasa, Ibiki, Zeda, Wolf, and more on the way, it's making the Zero Division's objective of Defense a bit void. So instead of scrapping them, they now perform tasks as the Elite Military Task Force that they are in conjunction of the Soul King's requests. They can provide Military support for the Gotei when requests, go on Offensive tasks to ensure stability in the Living Realm, or even act as a Last Defense for an allied Organization the Soul King would name a necessity. There is a lot of potential in a slight rework to better fit their CURRENT needs, instead of the Cannon alignment which doesn't make sense, and has them sitting around all day doing nothing. Also if changes are to be made, there need to be historical evidence that proves a change is needed, and warrens said change. There was nothing that the Zero Division has done to require a change like what was presented, and instead from what is being presented to the Zero Division, they should instead change to better fit the Demand of the Soul King, instead of acting like his over glorified babysitters.

As I am sure that the Canon Soul King can. That Kin fought him, indeed, makes me wonder how the Zero Division of old allowed him to get that far; has it not occurred to anyone that perhaps the reason why the Soul King has the guard is that he has some reason WHY he would not involve himself personally in most affairs of combat? A king doesn't fight the knights. He has his own knights for that. He may parley with another king over certain matters, but the Soul King I highly doubt would see most people as that. 'Guards anymore', therefore, is meaningless in this topic; I believe were are supposed to believe that the Soul King has always worn his big boy pants; and yet, he had them before, just as the plot holes that would be created if they did not exist show, do they not? If they were meaningless before and did not exist, then I say the same should be true now. However, if there was ar easno for them to exist then and they were existing, then they should continue to exist, because there IS a reason. Is that not logical?

I agree, the Gotei has powerhouses. You know, as well, who else were powerhouses? SHunsui, Ukitake... Soi Fon can kill a person in two strikes. Yoruichi's shunko is quite frankly terrifying; Ryujin Jakka, Gin's Bankai... The fact that the gotei is full of powerhouse captains is not a new fact, so I don't see how that has a link to the current conversation, as the Zero Division's relationship to the Gotei's own powerlevels should still reflect their natures as two separate groups. The present Zero Division does have some things of the past; it is different, but shares some qualities, such as their end goal. At the same time, things have been approved as changes. So then, their reason as defense is void? Then let that be determined through seeing them in action, rather than through conjecutre. The rest of the universe hasn't been sitting on its a## for millenia. Any person who looks at Shadowfall or K-World knows that there are also EXTREMELY POWERFUL forces that are opposed to the goals of the Seireitei; so to call them void would mean they were always void. Both realities cannot be the truth; and as in the past they had a reason to exist and that purpose of defense to fulfill, so they maintain it now.

Finally, what we know of the Soul King says nothing about him desiring offense. In the site history, it may have been construed that he did so. However, also in keeping in line with the Canon that our very site springs from, he never summoned them to fight Aizen when he was still weak inside of the Seireitei, he never summoned them to combat the Ryoka that were turning the Soul Society on its head, captains fighting captains, utter madness everywhere. Overall, he has only called them to do something like that with such rarity that it is not something that one can truly expect of them to do; that is what the evidence has shown from my studies and was approved by the staff in the present Zero Division. There was a thread set up in staff board as a record of it before it went online; it was archived after it had gone into effect and now resides in the staff archives. The set up of the Zero Division is the one we have at this moment in time, and it has been like this for nearly a year. That is the present truth of it; it has been changed from some of its old truths to best reflect what is proper for it, and significant thought and work was put into it to make it workable for the site to use as a resource once again, with a set-up that was accessible and organized.

Now, yes, I would normally sign off right now, because I feel it would be appropriate to make sure that there is a proper ending to the discussion I have presented to the thread. My thoughts are done for now.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
Imakuran
Imakuran
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue227620/999999Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (227620/999999)
Tiers:

Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 Empty Re: Changes to the 0 Division and new managment

Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:49 am
Curious question, why are we re-doing the zero division with this? The Zero division isn't active, but if people genuinely like this "I AM ABOVE ZE LAW" Shinigami death squad...why not just make an "I AM ABOVE ZE LAW" Shinigami death squad without giving it the zero division name? The only reason I can think of is name recognition...which isn't working for the current zero division anyway.
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue74095/100000Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:17 am
Just an honest opinion more about the debaters rather than the debate itself, as I feel to some extent it should be pointed out, the conversation seems to be going more and more towards a sentimental discussion rather than the verdict on Zero Division and how said verdict would better the site in some way. I'd understand that's inevitable to get heated about something like this, especially with Moose having run it for a such a long time, and JJ being the current person who's 'in charge' of its management, but to be frank, from a bystander and member's point of view, its begun to seem more like defending each's way of running the org/team and imposing it at the same time, for lack of a better word. Of course, it's natural to do so, but again, what I want to point out is that the debate is beginning to look more like an argument of whose way is better or not, in more childish manner-- like, "I'm running/I ran it better, so we best do it like I did". I feel like what I'm saying might be a bit confusing, as partially what I'm pointing out is what's supposed to happen in a debate, but to restate my original thesis in an easy way to understand, basically:

tl;dr
what I'm seeing is a debate beginning to become an argument of "I did it better" with too much sentiment.

Of course, that's only my point of view on the current situation. Now on to my opinion about Zero Division itself, for whatever weight it carries. I might have missed a few things already addressed and agreed, thus needing no restatement, as I'm going off of memory here, so pardon me.

I personally think that it best be either sent to the Teams, or archived 'til a later time. I'm fairly certain most everyone is in agreement of the lack of activity with Zero Division being one of the largest problems, thus bringing to light other details that could be fine, but with lack of activity are being debated-- as a matter of fact, I think activity's a problem with all orgs right now, but I digress. Before being reformed or anything, I think the Zero Div being put away temporarily would be better.

I kind of went in circles in the last paragraph, but I think it got my thoughts across.... Moving on, what I'm seeing is a larger argument on the history of the Zero Div and what it is now, especially regarding the differences between site-canon and the original.

IMO, regardless of what it was, and what it is now, I've yet to see Zero Division doing anything-- in fact, even with my leaves from the site and returns, between those gaps I don't think i've seen zero division do much. Now, one might argue that a lot of orgs are having issues with a lack of activity, based on what I've seen. Of course, there are people IN orgs/teams doing stuff currently, but aside from Gotei, I don't see much activity going on with the groups acting as a whole, or at least with sub-groups/divisions within the orgs doing something collaborated. However, I've already seen a few movements, though they might be small, taking place, and there are indeed orgs (as far as I know) who have taken a part in current times (such as AU), though I feel like I'm just spounting out already known information uselessly. Other orgs have already gotten revamps, such as Monsuta (I see a V2 on it from relatively recent). My point is that I have yet to see Zero Div doing as much as some other orgs, and for the past two years, as much as I may recall--feel free to correct me-;thus, right now, Zero Div being recognized as a group in itself is more or less redundant, also for a lack of a better word.

Moving on to what would seem good for the Zero Div to perhaps attract activity, as well as a betterment to the site, is indeed the adaptation from being simply one that answers to the Soul King in terms of their similarities to the original zero div, to a new one that fits the site's current timeline now. Looking less at the history of Zero Division, whether Ceon had changed the division, or the division right now has reverted back, what would seem best is what Moose had suggested: the change of the division from being simply to protect the soul king, to taking missions from him and going out there and doing something.

A change of directive might also get some sort of plots flowing that include the Zero Division in more than just the individual members threading somewhere-- it might bring about something that includes the Division as a whole, more or less, thereby bringing more purpose to its existence in the current timeline.

I'm fairly sure my take on this made adequate sense, and that I got my point across-- course, if what I said didn't seem relevant, my apologies. I tried :I

Otherwise, to summarize without the in-depth commentary, Zero Div should either be put away for now/ go into "teams", or reformed to a way where they can serve some purpose to the current times of PH, instead of sitting by the Soul King whose yet to make any movements requiring protecting, or received any movements in which he then requires protection.

ANOTHER THOUGHT~ perhaps they keep the need to protect the Soul King as simply another task (of course), but not making it their sole role, being cooped up in wherever they were. Thus, they receive some reform, but are still taking care of their original duties.

Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Anonymous

Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:39 am
Okay, this thread probably doesn't need anymore opinions or conversations looking to get heated but I feel that with SE's point that it might be worth having some people whose connection to the argument is only from a bystander at this point. For Moose's point I can understand the outlook of the current 0 division not being in a current position to have much in the way of action and deployment due to the current lack of members within the group as well as the position the Division itself holds in both the canons PH and Manga. Though it would be probably better to leave the canon of the source material to its own devices for something like Bleach and the 0 its a hard sell.

Should they be more offensive? If they had more members maybe, Izanagi's position in the group makes it so that now possibly more members could find their way into the group so that could be a boon in of itself. However when it comes to the Soul King his defense even if he wouldn't need it is a important part of their jobs. I like the idea of having them act as a special forces group for him but in that same way that makes the other units classed in the same position seemingly more defunct than the 0 division currently is.

Right now it would probably be better to give the decision over to a poll so that it can be by a decision on what the state of an important part of the defenses of the Soul Society should be on PH. The protection of those under them might make it seem like they are babysitting the Gotei but I can see the reasoning behind giving them a position were they do what the divisions can't but at this point they should probably be given greater freedoms so as to move without having the jurisdiction of the 0 as their reason for movement as the position of Master of Realms has but to perhaps a lesser extent to the other members.

The key point I feel though is that the Soul King though excessively powerful, even to the point of banishing Kin is still a key component in the world as a whole. Wounding it in even the slightest would disrupt the balance of souls in all of the worlds, though currently there is no sign of an attack to that scale that SK would be in any danger of damage the 0 division is a force that is meant to remain vigilant for the sake of such a threat occurring even if it is simply a hypothetical. It is true that the Soul King doesn't need guards due to its clearly immeasurable power but the thing with RP is that ingenuity through writing can act just as effectively as power in the case of such might.

I do feel that the notion of a 'pillar' character is obviously something that aids in the building of such a organization back into more prevalence, but for the most part to build up a character that has many others connected and makes such a character more important as a result is a situation that takes quite a few people working together for each character in every position. For a group like the 0 division a way to make that is quite difficult, Izanagi is connected to previous forms of the 0 but to have many of the others in the squad connected through such a way means forcing people to make characters around those that they may have not met or planned on having as a part of their original plan for the character. Though such things can be worked around having people force their stories in a different direction to fit better with the 0 divisions of old can lead to more dissension than acceptance.

For JJ opinion on the factors of the division it is true that the current position is more or less a role of sort of little to no activity, having the division act as a defensive force right now can lead to people losing interest and being very underused due to the current status of how little is known about facts to how far the division can actually go. Becoming more of a black-ops group may take away from the Omnitsukido but having such high profile battles like that of the War for Australia would be something that the 0 Division perhaps in tandem with a force from the Gotei could act upon.

It would be nice to keep the division on a more defensive role, but as it stands now the world is not the kind of place were a division can be entirely defensive as at this point with enemies on all sides of both humanity and Shinigami its probably for the best that their be people who have been given the trust of the Soul King to act as they wish and make decisions on how to deal with thing without needing to be called upon by the SK. For the 0 to move around and act as a offensive power first will most likely undermine the Gotei's position but giving them free reign as their own unit to act in battles or situations that the full force of the Gotei cannot without being noticed is something more important to a group like the 0 division who were mostly those of rumor and myth of what their job description actually was properly.

I would say that currently those in the group are fine as they are, but for the most part the key to making the group work to a greater degree would be recruitment for those that could fit the criteria of a position or someone whose services could go above the powers of Central 46 or the Gotei's normal actions as Moose said. Due to Izanagi now being in the position to be a driving force for recruitment into the 0 then it might be better to wait on the division to now grow with Ulqui's assistance. I'd say that it might be a thought to declare it as a grey area for the moment and be sure with a poll for the thoughts of the site as a whole though I can imagine the heat that could keep occurring with such a move its still a definitive answer to the problem that has arisen. As such I've simply said what I felt is a few things that could occur or have occurred, the hypotheticals aside I can see the group being a large part of the history for the site but its important to keep what might be good for the future of the division as well as its position in the world at the forefront of the issue.
Imakuran
Imakuran
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue227620/999999Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (227620/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:03 pm
We kinda have that, it's called the Omnitsukido lol. Give 'em a try, you might like 'em. Only difference is that they work for the 2nd Division lol. The thing is, the Zero Division is kinda like the "Shadow" of the Soul King and whatnot and they're a part of site lore, thus I want them to be aligned with site lore. Just tryin to fix some problems s'all.

Except they work for the 2nd division, which works for the Gotei, which is not "Above ze law." Disregarding that...that further illustrates my point, why are we touching the zero division when an equally inactive arm of the Shinigami is actually intentionally designed for this crap?
||-BlankMystery-||
||-BlankMystery-||
Shrine Maiden
November SOTM 2011

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue28000/100000Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (28000/100000)
Tiers:

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:57 pm
Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 Original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

If people on both and even neutral sides feel so strongly about this, why don't we just have two 0 Divisions? One meant to protect the Soul king and the other goes on offensive to help with the Soul Society and all these people wanting this elite Shinigami force to be present. That would help keep JJ's 0 Division in tact, while giving rise to another. Offense and defense!

If that can't be done, then I'd go along with Frost's idea and just freeze it until we can actually get this sorted out.

[ T H E P R O T E C T O R ]

Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 KnLCVxB

[ O F I  R A M A S H A I S L A N D ]
Imakuran
Imakuran
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:59 pm
Because it's not the 0 division if there are two of them. Things are less elite the more there are.
||-BlankMystery-||
||-BlankMystery-||
Shrine Maiden
November SOTM 2011

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue28000/100000Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (28000/100000)
Tiers:

Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:01 pm
Imakuran wrote:Because it's not the 0 division if there are two of them. Things are less elite the more there are.

0 Division Of The King & 0 Division of The Soul Society. They can be separate units of the same branch of 0 Division Able Shinigami. It would sort out alot of the problems in this thread in my opinion because people have many different ideas of what the 0 Division should be and it may be better just to make separate units of it.

[ T H E P R O T E C T O R ]

Changes to the 0 Division and new managment - Page 3 KnLCVxB

[ O F I  R A M A S H A I S L A N D ]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum