THE SHINIGAMI TEMPLATE
Enter The Rainmaker
I. Basic Information» Name:
Asuma Nakahara, "Thomas Styles" prior to death» Alias:
The Rainmaker» Age:
November 15, 1756(660 Years Old)» Gender:
The Gotei United: Second Division» Appearance Written:
From most peoples' viewpoint, Asuma looks like the average millennial, if going by human terms, except for the bleached hair which is styled rather haphazardly. He is a modestly-sized man, standing at five feet and eleven inches. He isn't very heavy either, balancing out at about 168 pounds. Asuma's eyes are so dark brown to the point that they would look black to the untrained eye. His hair, on the other hand, is bleached to the point of being a greyish-white hue, while the sideburns are styled black. Several tattoos cover his left and right arms, riddled in various designs which include sketchings of the Rukongai's architecture, and a hand which appears to be holding onto Asuma's elbow on his left arm. Adorning his right arm is several chains, representing the bondage he endured while in the Districts, and the Kanji for "Venom" on his lower arm.
Asuma can usually be seen in clothing which came from the World of the Living, such as a pair of camo-colored cargo pants, a pair of combat boots similar to the ones used in the Army, and a hooded sweatshirt. Perhaps the most defining feature of his wardrobe is his jacket, which is white with gold tassels at the shoulders, and fur-covered wrists and a collar. On the back of the jacket is the Kanji for "Greatest". He usually wears a pair of black arm warmers under the sweatshirt, covering the tattoos. His pants are a solid green camo, and held up by a belt whose brand Asuma doesn't know(It's a Gucci brand). The combat boots are greyish-yellow and cover up to half of his lower leg. On occasion, he will wear his old Shnigami Shihakusho, which is sleeveless with a white obi. He'll usually keep the jacket, however. His forehead is also covered in a green headband with a white zig-zag pattern.
His Zanpakutō will usually be kept at his left waist, held on by a hook attached to his pants. Most of the time, one will only see the hilt and handle of the sword protruding from Asuma's person. » Appearance Image:
II. Personality» Personality:
1. The Protector: The Rukongai was never nice to Asuma. No, not one bit. He's seen images during his time there that would make most grown men question the morality of the world. And while it would be easy to say "screw it" and be on his way, he can't. Especially when he thinks about what he himself has had to go through when he was younger. To this day, Asuma does not know why, but he feels the need to keep those who are defenseless from harm. As much as his mouth says otherwise and that he's into the Shinigami business simply for the sake of payout, part of Asuma's mind thinks that he is in it for the sake of protecting the Soul Society. However, this does not mean that he will keep everyone safe who's just there: Asuma will let those he thinks or knows to be criminals die, for he believes they are undeserving of a shield due to their dirty deeds.
2. The Calm: It'd be a lie to say that Asuma's some sort of level-headed person who can take anything and everything coming his way, because he can't when it comes to certain things. But, he can keep his head cool enough to make a decently educated decision, and not rush forward to fight, only to have his ass kicked afterwards. This is partly due to growing up during the Seven Years' War, which involved every European world power excluding the Ottoman Empire. He was taught the strategics of war at an early age for if something like that ever happened once more, England would be ready. Today, Asuma's forgotten most of his teachings, but keeps close in mind the teaching of calmness.
3. The Analyst: Prior to the reforming of the Gotei, Asuma used to work in the Second Division's Omnitsukido. Since the Academy, he's had an affinity for a very particular set of deducing skills, partially attributed to his training when he was still alive. Most of the time, he analyzes a battle out of just needing to do it, but there is a repressed fear inside of him that tells him that he should get all the facts before he decides to take on a task that he can very well fail or die during.
4. The Kind: When it comes to general life, Asuma may just be one of the nicest people anyone could ever know. That previous statement is most likely a lie, but he's not what most people call a total douchebag. When he was still among the living, the only people who would show him any actual kindness were his father and the servants who tended to his estate. Along with the few other things and aspects he took from his previous life, he took a sense of being decent to other people and not treating them like garbage, as he may or may not have done during his time as an English noble in the 1700s.
5. The Youthful and Lively: Asuma looks as though he were only twenty years old, and, believe it or not, acts like it as well. This is attributed to a desire to retain his youth, possibly attained from dying at such a young age. Asuma sees aging as more of a stigma than anything else, and has the secret desire to prevent himself from getting any older, though he's resigned to just possessing enhanced longevity. As such, he talks with a relaxed tone, even to his superiors, and seems to be rather loose in terms of body language.
Asuma suffers from a particular form of Bipolar Disorder, inherited from his mother. As he was growing up(as the English noble), he was a victim to her sudden mood swings, having been beaten for absolutely no reason, almost to the point of torture. His mother once tried to drown him in the family bath, saying that Asuma needed to be "cleansed of his sins". Asuma's father never did find out about this abuse, and it lasted until Asuma was about twelve. It was then that he himself began showing signs of the disorder: He once got into an argument with another boy his age, and out of frustration, brutally beat him near the point of death. The incident was covered up in order for the families to save face. Ever since then, he's shown subtle but sure signs of the disorder, but he refuses to believe that he has something wrong with him, thinking of mental disorders altogether as a stigma, unbecoming of someone as himself.
1. The Cunning: When it comes to certain things, Asuma is willing to lie to the point that somebody will be killed because of it. This is especially amplified when he has a mood shift. Depending on the mood he is in, he will allow another person to take the fall for something that he himself did. Asuma thinks of lying as a craft that's to be perfected, and he thinks of his lying as being perfected.
2. The Self-Indulgent: Asuma has the tendency to do things that benefit him and him alone. The reason he became a Shinigami in the first place was just to make money and break even every month with bills. At times, he couldn't care less about the wellbeing of others unless he himself is unaffected by it.This means that if someone were to offer him a better job, unless he feels that the job goes against his ethics, he'd take it at a moment's notice. Now, this doesn't mean that Asuma's totally self-absorbed: Sometimes he thinks of the welfare of those he likes, and that's about it.
3. The Insensitive: Now just because Asuma can analyze situations doesn't mean he can keep his mouth shut long enough. Sometimes, he'll speak rather brutally, irregardless of whoever it is he's speaking to. He feels strongly that everyone should be able to speak, and refuses to keep quiet when things that he doesn't like happen. The years he spent in the Living World as a human can attest to that, though he used to do it just because he thought that because he was a noble, he was invincible.
4. The Lazy: Growing up as a Noble in England gives you certain traits, and if Asuma got anything from there, it was sheer laziness. His family had servants all over the estate, so Asuma never felt any need to do any hard work. Now, Rukongai was different: He had to fight just to get food to live through the day, but upon joining the Gotei, he thinks he can just relax now, when it's really the contrary. Now that isn't to say that Asuma won't force himself to do the paperwork, but he won't do it if he can help it.
5. The Unstable: Asuma developed this trait when signs of his disorder began bleeding through his mannerisms. He has a series of things that set him off as though he were a stick of dynamite, such as when people have superiority complexes, or simple things such as when people keep a place messy. This can cause him to go ballistic, or he can force himself to calm down. The first time this ever happened was when a younger servant dropped something on the floor of Asuma's room, and he lost his temper, threatening to kill them with his own hands. Keep in mind that Asuma was about thirteen at this time, giving ample time to seethe in anger before he died.
III. History» History:
Asuma was born Thomas Styles II, on the fifteenth of November 1756 in England. He was the heir to the Styles fortune. To this day, nobody knows how the fortune was accrued. The year of his birth marked the beginning of the Seven Years' War, which lasted until 1763, when Thomas was about seven years old. None of his family ever saw to joining the war, for they were more focused on maintaining the family estate. At this time, Thomas was being educated by professors that his father hired personally. When Thomas turned eight, his mother began showing signs of Bipolar Disorder, and subjected Thomas to abuse that lasted until he was thirteen years old. Although the worst of his human life was over, Thomas began to show signs of the disorder himself. At times he would be the happiest little child, but at the drop of a helm, he would become a demon. At the time, most people believed that mental illness was a stigma, and the law believed that mentally ill people lacked the ability to reason. It was because of that Thomas never went in for treatment, or even to get diagnosed. Nobody, not even Thomas himself thought he had something wrong with him, though this was far from the case. This continued on until the day of Thomas' death on June 6, 1780, when Thomas was twenty-four years of age. He sat down to dinner and ate, remarking that the food tasted off, but eating nonetheless. It turned out that when the dinner was being made, Thomas' mother laced it with a poison. Exactly eleven minutes after ingesting the poison, Thomas remarked that he couldn't move his fingers. Eleven minutes passed after that, and Thomas found that he lost the use of his arms. Another eleven minutes passed, and Thomas lost the use of his legs. After a total of forty-four minutes, Thomas could not breathe and suffocated to death. The poison slowly but surely paralyzed all of the muscles in his body, including his diaphragm and respiratory muscles.
The next time Thomas awoke, he found himself able to move, but there was a chain protruding from his chest: The Chain of Fate. He looked around and saw that his body was being carried out by two men. Thomas was dumbfounded by this and walked over to ask what was going on, but he noticed they couldn't hear, see, or touch him and vice versa. He spent a week in the Plus forme, slowly going mad over being unable to talk to anyone, for he went into hiding after this. During that week, Thomas saw that his father found out about his death, and had his mother executed in secret. On the day of the execution, Thomas' mother was hanged on a gallows and swiftly buried. It was after that he saw a man in a weird black robing with a sword tied to his waist. Not knowing any better, Thomas ran up to the man, and took ahold of him, demanding to know what happened to him. The Shinigami would pull Thomas' hands off his uniform rather gently, and went on to tell the man about some "Society of Souls" and how he was some soldier called a "Shinigami". Thomas thought of the idea as simply preposterous, and would protest until being hit with a Konso. At that point, Thomas found himself in a street akin to those the peasants lived in.
Upon arriving in the Rukongai, Thomas found that his body had shrunk to that of when he was about eight and that he was covered in sackcloth. He would wander the Rukongai streets for an hour before a girl walked up to him, asking for his name. When Thomas went to reply, he found that he couldn't answer. It wasn't that he couldn't speak or anything, it was that he simply didn't know. It seemed that he had lost his name upon arriving in the Soul Society. The girl would go and take Thomas to her shack of a house, where Thomas met a man who stood at 6'6'' with a sword and a woman who looked about twenty-nine. The nameless boy shrunk in fear of the tall man, only to be greeted with an unexpected kindness. The man asked the boy what his name was, and he again replied that he didn't know. At that moment, the man decided to give him a name.
Thus, Asuma Nakahara was born.
Asuma would live with the girl and her parents for ten years, in that time, he was mugged several times, beaten senseless, burned with what seemed to be a cattle prod, and robbed. The man with the sword took those ten years to teach Asuma how to fight: He was a retired Shinigami who worked for the Third Division prior to the Reforming. Asuma was taught how to swing a sword, and the basics of Kidou. This would last for about five years, after which the man would tell Asuma to climb into the Seireitei, just as he had done. The only problem with that was there was a barrier, so even when Asuma climbed the wall, he couldn't get over it. So he instead snuck in with a Shinigami who was coming in from a mission. After that, he joined the academy, where he seemed to excel in Kido out of everything. He had prior knowledge to using a sword, but using the spells seemed to come easy to him. It took Asuma about three years to graduate, and when he did, he was given his very own Asauchi which became his signature weapon asides from Kido spells.
He would be placed in the Second Division, where he worked as an Omnitsukido grunt doing assassination missions. Asuma barely talked to anyone during this time, and just did his job with the intention of being paid at the end of the month. After a while in the Second Division, he decided to transfer to the Kido Corps after realizing that his skills would be best there.
IV. Equipment» Equipment:
[If your Shinigami has any equipment? Put it here. If they don't, skip this section.]
V. Racial Techniques/Abilities/Skills» Racial Abilities: Kido
: Asuma's best skill is the Kido Spells, hands down. He found early on that he had an affinity for it, and so decided to perfect his skill. In a battle, he will usually use these spells as a first resort as opposed to drawing his Zanpakutō. Asuma's no bragger, but he would say that his skill in this path is rather advanced to say the least. Hoho
: Now, Asuma was never overly good with Shunpo, but he's good enough to be able to hold his own during a fight. Sometimes, he'll use this in conjunction with his Zanpakutō to overwhelm opponents, or add more concussive force to his hits. Asuma did have some time to better himself in the art, but he's nothing special in this path of combat.Hakuda
: Asuma's not that good at Hakuda, to tell the truth. He'd call it his worst skill if he had to choose. He knows how to get flashy, but when the fight drags out, his weaknesses in the skill become glaring. He usually makes up for this by overwhelming an opponent and defeating them quickly.Zanjutsu
: Asuma is decently good with the skill of Zanjutsu. He had prior training, so that supplemented his skill at the Academy. He tends to not use his Zanpakutō unless he absolutely has to, but when he does, some will find that he can hold his own, at the very least.Unique Ability #1: Unnerving Reiatsu
: One of Asuma's defining features in terms of his powerset is his fluctuating spiritual signature. This isn't to say that it shifts up and down with time, but it does have two particular forms which it can take at any given time. The normal form is where when expended, his Reiatsu gives off the normal feeling associated with being in the presence of your average spiritual being. This won't do much asides from overpowering a person if the power difference is rather high.
When Asuma is in one of his moods, however, or feels as though he is in danger, that's where this gets interesting. When he feels a certain emotion, such as fear or anger, his Reiatsu gains a certain element which causes a sense of dread to flood over the immediate area. This may make some people feel as though they have no hope of winning a fight should they ever get into one with Asuma. Depending on what type of person they are, they might either be scared out of their pants, or feel a need to beat the crap out of whatever's giving them this feeling.Unique Ability #2: Emotional Perception
: Being a former noble of England, Asuma has a few people skills most people don't get to use in their lifetimes. The most obvious of that would be his ability to perceive the emotion one is feeling at the moment. This stems from being forced to judge a person from a single glance, though nowadays, this takes a bit longer than just looking at the person once. He did use this to manipulate the peasants as he pleased, without an ounce of shame in doing so. Nobles were a bit on the hard side, since not only did they use a lot of the same tactics, but Asuma couldn't simply bribe them with money because they already had abundant amounts of it. Because of this, he also had to figure out what makes people like himself tick.
People who have an unbalanced mentality or suffer from psychosis make it incredibly difficult for Asuma to pick up on their emotions, for some are very unpredictable in terms of emotional platters.
When conversing with someone or fighting them, Asuma can pick up on a person's body language rather easily, noting in his mind things such as how they speak, how their body fidgets, or even how they swing their weapon. He can use those quirks to make an educated guess on how the person's feeling at the moment: Are they trembling in fear of what may happen to them, or are they determined to pound down the roadblock in front of them? Those things Asuma can guess, and just by examining a person's traits.Unique Ability #3: Mist
: Asuma also has the ability to use Reiatsu to convert his saliva into a colored mist, which he can spit into the faces of his opponents. The mist will have different effects depending on its color. In order for the mist to actually work, it must be spat into the fact, and enter an orifice thereon such as the nose or preferably the eyes.
- Green Mist: When generated, this mist contains a blinding agent, when spat into one's eyes, will blind them temporarily. This mist is required to reach the eyes for it to work.
- Red Mist: When released onto the skin, this color will cause the victim to feel a temporary burning sensation on that spot. It is rather akin to having a cigarette burned into your skin.
- Purple Mist: Must reach the ears in order to work. When released, the mist will cause pressure to increase in the inner ear, inducing a temporary vertigo, where the victim feels dizzy and as though they are spinning.
The duration of each mist depends on what tier Asuma's fighting on at the time.
: 1-2 posts
: 2-3 posts
: 3-4 posts
: 4-5 posts
: 5-6 posts
: Seven posts
VI. Sealed Powers » Zanpakutô Name:
影, Flesh Shadow"» Zanpakutô Appearance:
» Sealed Zanpakutô Power:Single use Only:
The sword can only be held by Asuma himself. Anyone else who touches the blade will immediately get a burning feeling in their hand, as though the sword were scorching hot. The hilt is covered in a poison which is relatively harmless but causes burning upon absorption. Though, there are a few ways around this: If the person in question has pain endurance equaling to that of a grandmaster, they won't feel anything at all.
VII. Shikai» Shikai Release Phrase:
"Fester and Fall".» Shikai Appearance:
» Shikai Abilities:
- When Nikukage is activated, a scarlet aura will shroud itself all over the blade before settling into its Shikai. Upon release, the blade becomes coated in a venom which is near invisible to the naked eye. The only way one will notice the Shikai being active is by a low aura radiating off the sword. In its most pronounced form, it will cover the entire sword, as though it were fire. The poison, when injected is designed to immobilize the body part it cuts by preventing the muscles within it from relaxing. It is a venom akin to chlorotoxin, which is found in scorpions. The chlorotoxin is only thirty-six amino acids long, but is perfectly shaped to block chloride channels and block chloride ions from entering muscle cells. Since these ions can't send the messages commanding the cells to relax, the muscles in that body part will flex uncontrollably, inducing paralysis.
- Scorpion Death Strike: While in Shikai, Asuma gains access to the Scorpion Death Strike, a technique which he perfected himself. By making a stabbing motion with his Zanpakutō. he can cause a piercing sharp of scarlet soul particles to burst forth from the blade. If pierced by the needle-like spiritual blade, the victim will be injected with a dose of the chlorotoxin venom.
VIII. » Bankai Appearance:
[What does your Shinigami look like when released in their bankai?]» Bankai Abilities:
[What abilities does your Shinigami attain in Bankai?]
VIII. Skill Sheet
To Find Out about what these skills are for, please READ THIS THREAD
before you try doing anything to it. After you have read it, do not feel your skills out until a staff member has graded your thread. We will also do your will sheet for you upon grading your application.Will Skills
Skill SheetGeneral Skills
- Willpower: Advanced
- Mental Deduction: Advanced
- Pain Endurance: Advanced
- Focus: Advanced
- Durability: Beginner
- General Speed: Adept
- Strength: Beginner
- Weapon Skill: Adept
- Hoho: Adept
- Kidō: Adept
- Zanjutsu: Beginner
- Hakuda: Beginner
IX. Role Play Sample» Roleplay Sample:
- Fairy Tail United: