Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Teenagers at Heart [CLOSED, Tsubine/Midori] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Teenagers at Heart [CLOSED, Tsubine/Midori] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Teenagers at Heart [CLOSED, Tsubine/Midori] Empty Teenagers at Heart [CLOSED, Tsubine/Midori]

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:43 am

Tsubine Koezuka

Tsubine was surprisingly not tired. She had been through a hell of a day, being brought back for questioning to the Gotei Thir—no, it was the Gotei United now. She got the rundown on what had happened over the past five years... and Tsubine almost wanted to return. They needed someone like her. They needed someone who could train newcomers like no other. They needed someone strong enough to defend the Gotei alongside its other Captains. She knew they needed her, and yet... "I'm not coming back." That was her answer. She would continue to be an ally, but she couldn't return to the Gotei proper. She made sure to get a reliable way of contact between herself and someone in the Gotei too as proof of her commitment. More than that, she had something personal to deal with back on earth now. She'd return...

But not yet.

Tsubine had been gone for five years, and yet very little had changed. With the merging of Divisions, more space belonged to each one. The First Division was about the only one whose size did not expand much, and Tsubine was happy to see that it still mainly stood at the center of it all. The large hill where the Soukyoku once stood was such a significant landmark that she would be lost if it didn't exist. Tsubine watched as other Shinigami eyed her. She was walking around in an odd Haori, a relic she was allowed to keep. Stitched above the Kanji for "One" was the old symbol for Zero Division. The flame-licked bottom of the Haori signified its original owner—the old man who brought the Gotei to glory.

People whispered, but none dared approached her. She was trying to find where a few of her friends—or at least former friends—would be. There were three guaranteed stops. The first was the person she was looking for now. You would think that a Captain would be easy to find, but not in Midori Hayashi's case. Maybe it was the fact that the headquarters for the new Second Division had changed and Tsubine didn't know her way there. It might have also been the falling sun making it hard to determine where exactly she'd need to go. In all likeliness however, Midori was probably just doing what she did best—her job.

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Teenagers at Heart [CLOSED, Tsubine/Midori] Left_bar_bleue1570/100Teenagers at Heart [CLOSED, Tsubine/Midori] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Teenagers at Heart [CLOSED, Tsubine/Midori] Empty Re: Teenagers at Heart [CLOSED, Tsubine/Midori]

Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:10 am
Teenagers at Heart [CLOSED, Tsubine/Midori] 6EdIfMt

Midori Hayashi

Captain of the Second Division
Busy with a few stacks of paper work over some new treatments, Midori was sitting silently at her desk. With a pen in hand and reading glasses she usually kept tucked away dangling at the tip of her nose, she signed off a few prescriptions, treatments, and a couple surgeries that needed done. None of them were too invasive, so it wasn't anything she'd have to sit in on.

There was a strange tickle at the back of Midori's neck. She shivered and rubbed it, looking up and around the room as if someone was watching her. As if on queue, a couple of her underlings walked passed the cracked door of her office and mentioned a name she hadn't heard in a long time. Midori shot up from her desk and hurried over to listen closer, barely getting the last few words, "might be back, walking around the Sei-" before turning a corner where she couldn't hear. "... There's no way. Just a rumor."

Midori sighed and stopped in her steps back toward her desk when another tingle hit the back of her neck. She put her hand there and closed her eyes. She could sense it faintly. She could feel that familiar energy coming closer to her now. Midori could tell it wasn't some trick. She could sense Tsubine coming closer, but it wasn't just the energy. It was more like something was refilling a presence she had missed for quite some time. Midori just wished she knew exactly how to feel about it in this moment. She was... mad.

Midori left her office in a huff, fists clenched and a stern expression that pushed the sea of subordinates she walked through to the side. The moment sh exited the building, Midori shunpo'd her way toward Tsubine's location. It didn't take long to find her and Midori was not hiding her energy. A few people she passed by didn't exactly feel comfortable under the weight, but they could deal since it wasn't going to kill them. Within a minute or so, Midori found Tsubine's location and stopped her shunpo about ten feet away.

Midori took the presence of her friend in very quickly. Tsubine was obviously surprised by her suddenly showing up, but as Tsubine asked for verification, Midori darted forward and threw a punch at Tsubine's jaw. It wasn't exactly held back either. Midori was pissed and it could be seen on her face. "Oh, I'm sorry. It's been so long, I thought I was seeing a fucking ghost and had to check whether you were actually here or not! Too my surprise, you are."

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Teenagers at Heart [CLOSED, Tsubine/Midori] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Teenagers at Heart [CLOSED, Tsubine/Midori] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Teenagers at Heart [CLOSED, Tsubine/Midori] Empty Re: Teenagers at Heart [CLOSED, Tsubine/Midori]

Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:46 am

Tsubine Koezuka

Tsubine felt the same kind of twinge on the back of her neck. She recognized Midori's reiatsu at an instant. But then, something about it... shifted. It became darker and more turbulent. Maybe it wasn't Midori after all. Tsubine kept heading in the direction she was told to go in to get to Midori's office. And yet, that turbulent Reiatsu was still getting closer. Tsubine grew a bit more concerned. Maybe it was someone else she had abandoned. That word, while true, still stung her. If Midori, Erika, Murasaki, or anyone else she was close to said it, she'd wince. It was a deep word for her, and it showed a lack of forethought in her choice. Yet she didn't, and wouldn't, regret her decision.

It didn't take long for Tsubine to understand something about the Reiatsu she was feeling. It was getting too close too fast to match her walking speed. It was almost coming towards her instead. No, it wasn't an almost. This reiatsu was rushing towards her. It was seeking her out. Had she broken another law or something? Was she in trouble with the Gotei United and had been lied to? Was it Zero Division coming for her? Tsubine wasn't going to fight whatever was headed her way unless she feared enough for her life to do so. And as dark as this reiatsu felt, it didn't have killing intent.

Before she knew it, the source to quite literally pop in front of her. It was so sudden, Tsubine's mind flatlined for a moment. She wasn't quite thinking fully. The brown hair and green eyes were familiar. Color at least. The hair was longer than she remembered, and the look was something Tsubine didn't remember if she had seen. But that face... "Midori? Is that you?"

If the face did not give it away, the punch sure enough did. Tsubine had not expected a punch from Midori. It sent her back and off-balance. She fell ass-first onto the ground, her lip split from the impact. She was lucky Midori didn't seem to have broken a tooth. It was possible still, she supposed, but right now... Tsubine was a bit upset at that. She had expected that kind of response (except with more swords and less fists) from Erika. She had expected Murasaki to be more upset with her body language (to the point of potentially ignoring Tsubine). Midori was the one that she felt she would have had a chance to explain herself to first.

"Well, I can tell that you've been busy too over the past few years." Tsubine wiped a bit of the blood away. "Five years ago and that would not have sent me on my ass." Tsubine wasn't trying to make Midori more mad, but she wasn't quite in the mindset to diffuse the situation either. If she wanted to make Midori mad, she would have stated an expectation to chip a tooth. " But if that's how my best friend reacts to me coming to her to explain why I have been gone for five years before anyone else... I don't know if I made the right decision in coming back." Tsubine stood, dusting herself off. Her eyes showed pain, but not physical pain.

It hurt her that Midori had punched her, and a lot of her tone said that. It wasn't anger, like a drunk macho man at a bar who got bumped into by someone else. It was hurt. She had actually made it a point to go to Midori as soon as she could. Midori and Erika were tied for the priority, but Erika's location was unknown so that helped make her decision. But even with Erika being there, Tsubine needed Midori. She had talked to Shadin, yes. She had known Midori for about as long as she had known Shadin too. But there was a difference in talking to a guy friend and a girl friend. So yes, the one girl friend Tsubine had... ended up punching her. She was hurt far beyond the bleeding lip.

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Teenagers at Heart [CLOSED, Tsubine/Midori] Left_bar_bleue1570/100Teenagers at Heart [CLOSED, Tsubine/Midori] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:05 am

Midori Hayashi

Wait. Did Tsubine just fall on her ass? For a brief moment, Midori was stunned. It showed on her face as she watched Tsubine from her standing position, blinking a little wide eyed. As Tsubine stood and dusted herself off, Midori listened as she normally did. There was a sting that came with Tsubine's choice to question whether she should have returned. For a short rage-filled moment, Midori thought Tsubine should have just stayed away. She didn't really feel that, which is why she didn't say it.

That look in Tsubine's eyes caught Midori off guard as well. She was good at reading people and could tell that striking Tsubine hurt her feelings more than physically. She stared into Tsubine's eyes silently for a moment and then clenched her jaw before shouting. "Don't you dare look at me like that, damn it!" Midori pointed at her, the other hand still closed into a fist, "You're the one who suddenly left, not me. I've been here all the time. I got no warning or anything. No note, no apology, no goodbye. Nothing! You do not get to look at me like I'm the one who fucked up! That isn't fair!" By this time, Midori was showing a few tears. Whether it was anger or sadness, you couldn't tell.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:23 am

Tsubine Koezuka

Tsubine was surprised to hear Midori shout. She had never heard it before, not in this emotional context. Shouting an order was different from shouting at your best friend for being... an idiot. That was what Tsubine had been before, but at the same time. She threw her own arms out wide. There was an implication in Midori's words that actually annoyed Tsubine to the point of shouting as well. "You don't think I know I screwed up by not telling anyone?! You don't think I've regretted not contacting you or anyone else?! You're not the only one I disappeared on, and I know that. I screwed up, but..." Tsubine swallowed, her own eyes stinging. "I don't reget leaving. That would be an insult to certain decisions..." Tsubine's anger faded along with her volume, "and a memory of someone no longer around." Tsubine's own anger faded fast.

"But I do regret how I went about it." Tsubine dropped her hands to her side, using one to wipe away the tears forming in her eyes. "At the time, I... no." Tsubine shook her head. "I know better than that. You'll just punch me again if I make an excuse as to why I didn't tell you." She rubbed her jaw. "That was a really good punch too."

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:03 am

Midori Hayashi

As Tsubine calmed, so did Midori. As tears formed, the anger began to fade. Midori wasn't someone who cried easily. Everyone knew that. She fought the tears back and used her sleeve to wipe the others away. "Yeah, it was a good punch. I've been training like crazy..." Midori nodded and loosened her fist, relaxing some, "You all vanished on me. It wasn't just you." Midori raised her hand and pointed toward where the Eleventh used to be.

"THAT RED HEADED BEAST HASN'T BEEN THE FUCKING SAME!" Midori shouted. People around gathered, trying to get a hint on what was going on. Midori ignored them, since it wasn't often that two people like themselves had a shouting match in the middle of the Seireitei. "Kaminari and Genpaku vanished on the same damn day. You left. Lilith just broke. I haven't been able to have a conversation with her since then. You all just... up and gone at the same time. I lost everyone in a day, then the changes to the Gotei..." It was obvious that Midori had been overwhelmed. She had been lost. Suddenly finding a piece of what made her happy just waltzing up like that...

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:40 am

Tsubine Koezuka

"It wasn't just you." Tsubine raised an eyebrow. Was there a mass-exodus? Did something happen? This was the first she was hearing of multiple people disappearing. Sure, that Snopy kid's girlfriend disappearing was one thing... but for Midori to bring it up, it was either a lot of people or just very important people. Hindsight was 20/20 though. She didn't know that something else happened after her leaving.

Midori shouted again. It didn't startle Tsubine this time. They were both emotional. "Red... headed... beast..." It took Tsubine a moment to remember who that was. Recognition turned to shock. Something had upset Lilith? That was major. It had to be one of the few people she was truly close to. Tsubine barely recognized Genpaku's first name, and she unfortunately did not recognize the other name. But she had known Lilith and Genpaku to be close. For him to disappear... it was definitely major. "I... I see," she said, stunned. It was a lot to take in.

Now... now it all made sense. Well, the reason Midori reacted so strongly made sense. "Well, I am sorry for leaving the way I did. I know it doesn't make up for it, but I am sorry. Where I went... had nothing to do with Captain Arishima nor this 'Kaminari' person. I don't know where they are." Tsubine looked at the small crowd gathering. She looked uncomfortable. "I think there's a few too many people around..." She saw Midori start to give an order, but with a smile Tsubine held up her hand. "Let's just go somewhere a little more private. ...I'll let you choose. I don't know where anything outside of the First Division is."

Tsubine was led to Midori's office, and she sighed heavily as she closed the door behind them. Tsubine had hung her Haori on a rack, so she was in her now-normal blue half-kimono. "Sorry, just... I think I'd prefer to be in private for now." She hugged Midori tight without warning. "You do not know how much I have missed having you around. I am... so, so, so, so, so sorry I didn't tell you anything. It was literally a decision we made in the middle of the night." Tsubine broke the hug, realizing the slip she had made. "Uh, I guess I should start there... I know you don't drink, but you might want one for the story I'm about to tell." Tsubine gave Midori a look. She was telling Midori to trust her on that recommendation.

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:20 am

Midori Hayashi

Midori's order wasn't going to be normal. It would have been filled with anger and annoyance, something she rarely showed. Tsubine stopping her was a good thing. She nodded and led Tsubine to her office. The moment the door was closed, they both ended up going for a sudden hug, which caused a bit of a collision, but Midori held on anyway. "I've missed you too..." she said happily and took in a deep, relaxing breath. She finally smiled like normal and took a seat in one of the guest chairs so she could be close to Tsubine.

"You know there isn't anything you could tell me that would make me pick up alcohol." Midori raised an eyebrow and sat back in her chair after patting the other one for Tsubine to sit down, "So what exactly happened to you? The sudden disappearance? It's been so long... No one could find you. You know I want this story." Midori raised an eyebrow, showing she was going to get the story whether Tsubine liked it or not. She was too curious!

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:15 am

Tsubine Koezuka

Tsubine gave Midori an incredulous look. "Don't say I didn't warn you..." She shrugged then sat before Midori gave her the invitation. She sighed and nodded as Midori spoke. "That was kind of the point. We didn't want to be found." Tsubine looked over at Midori, then sighed. "Do you remember Osamu Fujihara?" Midori would end up recognizing the name. He was at one time the Captain of the Third Division until he lost his arm. But that's not where Midori would recognize him from. Osamu had been a messenger between the Gotei and Zero Division. During that time, Tsubine had used him as a guinea pig for her new sword styles. Midori was, in fact, the first to point out that Tsubine had a crush on him.

"Well... you know how he became my advisor after he lost his arm. Well, we got together during that time. And I mean together-together. I know I denied it back then, but we did that so people didn't try to undermine his advice. And just so you know," Tsubine raised a finger, "it was not because he was great in bed that we got together. I remember you claiming he'd be good. He was, but that wasn't why. ANYWAY," Tsubine changed the subject back to the reason why she left.

"One night he came to me with an idea. We'd leave the Soul Society and start a family in the World of the Living. He found somewhere that was just naturally away from everything. No one would look there for us. It was in a dead zone for the reiatsu detection. We wouldn't be found. And I hesitated. He pressed and won me over with one little phrase..." Tsubine smile wistfully, tears starting to form. "He said 'We could start a family there.' You know me... we left as soon as we could."

"We left in the middle of the night to cover our tracks and didn't tell anyone. We couldn't tell anyone because we didn't want to be found. So we built our house and started a small farm. It was such a nice, two bedroom house. To show how dedicated we were to this, we mounted our Zanpakutou together above the mantle. He put his over mine, so he would have to draw his first. We could get most of what we wanted, and what we couldn't, there was a small town within a few miles. It was far enough out that they didn't know us or where we lived."

"While we were out there," Tsubine's voice wasn't cracking, but tears streamed down her face, "we got married too. He was such a good husband... and he would have been a great father too." Tsubine chuckled. "I mean that in the sense that we never were able to. We tried... a lot. And I mean a lot. It didn't happen." Tsubine sighed, disappointed. Before long, she steeled herself.

"A few months ago, it all ended." Tsubine's tone was hard and forced. She was trying to stay calm. "We... we were coming back from getting some groceries. It was near his birthday, so we bought ingredients to make his favorite dessert. I still can't eat key lime pie." She shook her head. "As we neared our house, we noticed a strong Reiatsu in the area. It was... just downright evil. We looked at one another. It was too close to our house. We'd have to deal with it. Osamu told me to get his Zanpakutou... and leave mine. He didn't want me to fight."

Cracks appeared in her steeled demeanor. "Foolishly, I did just that. I grabbed his Zanpakutou and only his. I gave him his Zanpakutou and watched him fight. I thought about returning and grabbing mine. And then..." And the cracks spread enough... Tsubine broke. She spoke between sobs. "The damn thing killed him. It... it... looked at... me... and then... it nodded. That... monster nodded, acknowledging I was there but not worthy to die with my own damn husband. I tried to save him. I couldn't, Midori.... I couldn't. He just looked at me and told me that my smile was what any man would want to create. That's what he told me. He left me with that." And so, Tsubine bawled, wailing as she remembered her husband's dying moments.

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:55 am

Midori Hayashi

For a moment, Midori thought it might be good to grab a drink. She could if she wanted, but she never had anything bother her that much. As she listened, the story was normal and light. Midori nodded along, a knowing smile growing and growing as Tsubine called her out on certain things. Yeah, she knew it. As the talk about them leaving showed up, her smile lessened. She started understanding where this story might go. He wasn't here anymore, was he? The smile was gone now. She listened intently, taking in everything, especially Tsubine's changes in demeanor.

Midori did not think Tsubine left for some basic reason. Something had to happen for her to vanish without a word. Midori still felt she had the right to be angry about it, but it didn't stop the guilt from settling in. Tsubine had gone through hell. She watched her friend break down in front of her, and her heart broke for Tsubine. Midori didn't cry because that's not something she did. She took in a deep breath and moved to her knees to stand in front of her sobbing friend. Midori pulled Tsubine into a strong friendly embrace, one that exuded safety and the love of a sister. "I'm so sorry." was all she could say in reply to this. This tale was heartbreaking and unfair to have happened to someone like Tsu. She just held her, "Tsu, I am so... so sorry."

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum