Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Only Two Minutes [Cyrus, Helle] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Only Two Minutes [Cyrus, Helle] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Only Two Minutes [Cyrus, Helle] Empty Only Two Minutes [Cyrus, Helle]

Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:25 pm
Only Two Minutes [Cyrus, Helle] MKPVPsr

CYRUS

As he stood upon the balcony of his grandiose office, all that occupied Cyrus' mind was the thought of how desperately he had tried to make up for his failings. How much he had done in the vain hope that he could, in one way or another, atone for the promises that he had broken. In speaking with Shirohime, he knew that she did not simply consider him a waste of further time. In those little moments with Helle, he knew that his life was not something to be thrown away, to simply be sent back to the sands and never seen again.

Yet that knowledge did not keep the thought of his shattered oaths from weighing upon his shoulders. It did not prevent the gravity of Hayden's death, of Arcadia's defilement, of the atrocities which he could no longer prevent all on account of his own folly--

All of it, and so much more, still weighed deeply on the mind of the Grandmaster. He could not afford to keep feeling such grief. That yawning chasm within him, which had swallowed up all emotion and allowed him to press forward, was no longer present. Cyrus would not deny that it had become a crutch for him, that to send all unwelcome feelings to their annihilation was something which had surely caused only more problems. But now, when he needed to press forward more than ever before, he could hardly even take a step. His body, his mind, his spirit, all were clouded and crippled by the void which had been left by Mazda's separation. He, Kouroush Atar, was nothing more than a smoldering ember which could not have lit even kindling.

Calling for Ninsianna, Cyrus commanded her only to summon Helle. Perhaps she would not agree with this course of action. Perhaps she would deny him outright. But he knew, from the very depths of his soul, that he would achieve nothing like this. He had destroyed his humanity already. To play at it now, as if he had already earned some sort of pleasant respite, was only preventing him from doing what needed to be done.

END POST | MESSE NOCE YOR TES MEA

Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Only Two Minutes [Cyrus, Helle] Left_bar_bleue0/0Only Two Minutes [Cyrus, Helle] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Only Two Minutes [Cyrus, Helle] Empty Re: Only Two Minutes [Cyrus, Helle]

Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:01 pm

Only Two Minutes [Cyrus, Helle] ZnehDGG

Helle Armstrong

A summoning, by him of all people. Why, if he wished to see her, he has multiple ways of gaining her attention outside of sending his secretary. Though, as his other half, it proved trivial to understand the gravity around his situation. She, herself, suffered from his mistakes. She, herself, understood the quest for perfection. She, herself, has suffered and caused others to suffer. That is why she did not approach him as if they stood chasms apart, as if his issues proved something incoherent. Not even a word slipped from her mouth, nor did her steps signal her presence. In fact, she approached him as herself, the power that made her who she is absent.

“Coffee?”

She would offer him a sip of her drink as she took position beside him, the cardboard mug still warm in her hand. Whether he wished for some or not, she hesitated none before her body used him for support. Knowing very well the condition of his body, her weight remained her own burden. Silence followed, her eyes focused on the world before them, the bustling city beneath them, the sky full of hopes and dreams. Yet, his mind is nothing except a raging storm, his heart a lame dam, waiting to burst at a moment's notice. Yes, knowing his grief, her eyes could not accept the peace before them, for she began to ache alongside him. Could he, too, feel what he has done to her?

“Speak, Azmi. I am here. All is fine.”

Coding in Template By:
https://www.platinumhearts.net/u1

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Only Two Minutes [Cyrus, Helle] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Only Two Minutes [Cyrus, Helle] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:52 pm

CYRUS

"No, thank you, my dear."

In truth, Cyrus felt as though he should not have dared to refer to her with such a personal epithet. It was certainly not a secret how gravely he had hurt her. It was not some unknowable mystery to him how severely he had betrayed her trust, and even now, how much his own pain weighed upon her. Perhaps it was because of this that he had even felt compelled to have her summoned in such a roundabout way, or perhaps it was out of sheer defiance to his own former divinity, to refuse something even so simple if it was on account of that power.

But, none of that mattered. None of it mattered half so much as her leaning upon him, as the love for her that made him, for more than a few moments, feel as though everything he had considered was not worthwhile. That, surely, he need not bother her with one more misstep.

"All is not fine, Helle. Not so long as I am in this state, unable to lead as I have sworn to do. I know that I may rely on you, and that the Vandenreich surely does not even need me to carry any power. I wish nothing more than to accept this, to simply follow the natural path. But my mistakes do not weigh only upon myself. That creature born of my arrogance is a threat to all mankind, Helle. I know it."

Had Cyrus still been the man he once was, he surely would have gripped the balcony with such strength as to contort it. But, of course, he was nothing more than an empty shell now.

"All I have ever done is to chase after those things out of my reach. To seize them at any cost. But now, after all of it, I am left to see that the price for my hopes was never one that I myself had to pay. I look at the state of things, at my own actions, and all that I may ask is if I have done much good at all. If I am even capable of undoing what I have done, or if I must simply claw after whatever faint atonement this husk of a body can achieve."

Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Only Two Minutes [Cyrus, Helle] Left_bar_bleue0/0Only Two Minutes [Cyrus, Helle] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:25 pm

Helle Armstrong

“Hmm… Then you are no different than an average man.”

She took a sip of her coffee, allowing her words to sink in and pierce his very soul. Him? No different than any other? Surely, someone such as her Liege would refute such vividly. However, she suspects none of that shall occur this day. He is broken, and she is here to shatter him. It should not be any other way, honestly. She owed him no comfort, no security. Was it not him who stepped over her for another woman? Was it not he who took her words through one ear and out the other? She could take what is left of him, spit on it, leave it for the wench who so admired his strength and never look back.

“Over and over, I relayed my beliefs, my hope, my dreams. I gave you everything, and yet, this was how you repaid me. You dare trifle through insecurities that you yourself hath wrought. You broke yourself, played God to hide yourself, and now, there remains nothing but Azmi. That is all you are now, Azmi. Not my Liege, not my Cyrus…”

Her eyes, still closed. Shivering, her own heart sunk, tears gently rolling down her cheeks. The words she spoke hurt her more than anything to release, but how could she forgive him or herself if she did not let him know? She has never known him, for the man she met was one who had stepped into unknown plains. For what? For this? She never knew the cocky, obnoxious, and rude man that he once was. Maybe her love was just that too, a fabrication that he, himself, created with powers he stole.

Coding in Template By:

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:27 pm

CYRUS

Ah.

How he ached.

How he wished he had not summoned her here.

How he wished he had never dared to curse her with a love that brought only grief.

"I am not Azmi. The name bestowed upon me by my mother and father, the name you have called me in those most intimate of moments, is not a name I would ever think to call myself. 'Cyrus' was nothing more than a name I took for the sake of grandeur. I think it has proven far more fitting."

He could not argue with her, could not deny the truth of what she had said. In the end, he had only betrayed her by his folly. He had spoken before of how much worse he had once been, in those days before he stole godhood, but was he any better now? He, who had given away everything for the sake of mere arrogance? Out of a childish wish for perfection that none but he had longed for?

Cyrus had not changed. He was still arrogant, still a fool who thought himself far more than he was.

"I think, Helle, that I am certainly worse than the average man. What is left? My word, even after having broken so many oaths? My action, even when my every step is clouded by doubt and my body threatens to collapse? All that I can do is to simply be here. As your Grandmaster, as the man who loves you. But I think that you have more right to decide whether I am still fit to fill either of those roles."

Even in spite of that doubt, Cyrus did not step away from her side. He would not dare to do so, not when she was so dear to him. It was something he could not simply leave unacknowledged, that in both of these roles he had grown insufficient. That he had no right to them beyond that which had come before.

"Whether or not I have any right, I still strive to be those things. I still strive to be the man that I am no longer, Helle."

Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:32 am

Helle Armstrong

“Now you sully your parents’ by denying what they have given you, Azmi. I refuse to call you by any other. Still, even now, your hands laze over your head, reaching for the heavens.”

Her eyes, closed. His, open. Yet, he remains blind. A man, whose hubris carried him up into the clouds, his lips blessed by the nectar of Gods. However, he had become none the wiser. A God, whose wings, clipped by his own hubris, fell down to Earth, a normal man. However, little was he humbled. He doth reject his own birth, believing his path all but sealed. Be it grace, her mercy, that moved delicate fingers to lace between those that hardly dent the railing that kept death at bay.

“Why do you insist on standing over the world, Azmi? I asked for your hand, to stand beside me with our people. I refused to join you atop the mountains because I simply wished for you by my side. The world needs no Gods, remember?”

It is tiring, constantly saying the same thing over and over again. She has very much become a broken record, and him, a deaf man. He believes he has lost everything, but nothing has changed. He is weak? She would laugh if she could laugh at him.

“Azmi. We all make mistakes. These mistakes hurt ourselves, they hurt others. When one is made, the only thing one can do is apologize and try to do better. You have yet to do either. If Divinity was all that defined you, then you are better off without it. Now, it is time to focus only on you. I am here, Azmi. This time, I refuse to let you make the same mistake. You are shattered, and even if I must lacerate myself multiple times, I will spend eternity putting those pieces back together. We all will, your friends and I, the woman who loves you.”

Coding in Template By:

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:28 am

CYRUS

Why did he reach for the heavens even now, knowing that he could never again grasp them? Knowing, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that he would never again be the guiding light that he had knowingly given away?

"All that I have ever desired was peace. To create a world where no others but myself need suffer, where all hardship was mine alone. But already I have made such a dream impossible, I know. Had I acted differently, more callously, perhaps things would be different. But there is no suffering now which is only mine."

As he spoke, Cyrus held the hand of the woman beside him all the tighter. It was not much, in this state. But it was all that he could manage.

"My only regret is that I held so fervently to that dream that I could not see the cost of it. That I did not think of those I forced to suffer. So many of those friends, Helle, are already gone. I have lost them and scarcely even realized why, only blamed it upon those evils I believed I could surely stamp out alone. I summoned you here that I might ask you to assist me in restoring some faint glimmer of myself, to return me to even a single of my aspects. But that would solve nothing. I will not throw myself toward the heavens again. I should sooner think of how I might shoot them down."

Cyrus knew that he was not a man who had ever been worth much. In the depths of his being, he wondered if he had always known. But such need to be greater, to exist as something beyond such an empty existence-- that was what had driven him to steal godhood in the first place, was it not? Yet it had done nothing but create someone far worse. Delusions of grandeur suddenly fulfilled, and yet with no responsibility, no merit. For all the good that he had done, Cyrus could not begin to count his evils.

"I may ask forgiveness until the very end of my days. But how am I to live, knowing that those I have left behind will never hear those words even once? That no apology will reach the ears of the dead?"

Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:03 pm

Helle Armstrong

“You denied the people their freewill, or, you were going to. Azmi. I did not vow to serve simply to sit on the sideline and watch you suffer. That was why I even accepted the gift bestowed to me.”

She let her hand slip from his, the ease of it troubling. His weakness, still evident, made it all too easy for her to leave his side. Yet, another of his aggressions. Her steps took her away from him, her closed eyes opening as she allowed her emerald gaze to focus upward. She seemed lost in thought, her expression morbid and aged beyond her years. Slowly, her hand touched her own cheek, timid fingers against the tears that stained her cheek. How unsightly, for a man to drive a woman to tears. How unsightly for her to be so frail before him. This does not help either of them. She is no measly harlot. She is Helle Armstrong.

“Excuse me, A- No. I shan't be excused. You are foolish, naive, stupid even. How is one supposed to live? Such a question… I… You… I…”

Brazen, encouraged by a sudden bravado, her body moved. It took only seconds to reach him, but each step felt like she would be walking for eternity. Yet, she reached him far too soon to stop herself before her hand flew, the sting of his cheek against her palm evident of her own aggression. It was but a measly action, but the sound of it echoed through the skies as if silencing the heavens they wish to reach, whether to embrace or destroy.

“You live, Azmi. You take your mistakes, and you thank God that you still breathe. You stop moping like a loser, pick yourself out of the mud, and begin anew. They are dead, but the dreams that were shared, the hopes, the ideals. Those still live, in you, and in me, and it is our duty, for them, to continue walking the path we all set on together. Do you know who I am? When you couldn’t walk, I pushed you forward. When you couldn’t talk, I spoke for you. When you couldn’t even get out of bed, I sat beside you. Azmi, even after everything, you’re still talking about yourself when everything isn’t about you. This is about… It’s about…”

She couldn’t help but take a deep breath, exhaling with an aggravated hiss before she turned towards the city and displayed herself vigorously.

“It’s about this! When things become hard. When you believe there’s no more hope… That is why we exist. That is why I exist! What is a man without his other half?! If the burdens are too heavy, then allow me to career them with you. Allow Ninsianna. Shirohime. The Vandenreich!”

“Can’t. You. See. Azmi. Who needs a God when we have each other…”

Coding in Template By:

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:41 pm

AZMI

Had Helle spoken a thousand words, even a million, perhaps Cyrus never would have understood. Perhaps the gulf between the two of them would have been too great, distance between himself and his humanity now uncrossable. Even as he watched her step away from him, as his heart filled with grief at her hand slipping away from his own, Cyrus still would have stood by his words, in his belief. He even opened his mouth to speak, to insist upon some thing or another--

But, whatever he might have said, it disappeared into the skies alongside the sound of Helle's hand upon him.

It had not been an especially strong blow, but Cyrus was not an especially strong man. Even something such as that was enough to rattle him to the very depths of his core, to make every bone ache and to nearly knock him to the ground. But the shock of such a blow was not something one could simply ignore, nor were the words which followed it. Even through the pain which rung through his whole body, Cyrus listened. It was all that he could do.

She was right. Despite all of his effort for the good of others, Cyrus had only ever thought of himself. Of what he could do, what he could change. The dreams of others, their reasons for fighting, had always been simply cast aside as if they were inconsequential. They were misguided. He had aimed only to shoudler their burdens, even if those burdens were ones they wished to carry. Cyrus raised a hand slowly to the cheek Helle had struck, the pain still thoroughly overwhelming. But, despite that pain, he spoke.

"You are right."

A simple admission. But despite its nature, there was no defeat in his voice, no concession or grief. His voice was quiet, barely above a whisper, but even in that quietude it was confident and sure. Cyrus had no faith in himself, in his own ability to be anything for anyone. But he did have faith in her. In those he had chosen to accompany him.

"Every moment of my life has been about myself. My own ambition, my own path for the world. My selflessness has been only for the sake of keeping my own guilt at bay. The dreams of others... I have only trampled upon them."

He had asked for so many things for the sake of the Vandenreich, for the sake of the world, for the people. But now, Cyrus was asking for none of that.

"Help me, Helle, to begin anew. To carry those dreams onward. I cannot do so alone."

END POST | EN SASYE SWANT AR LASYE

Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:19 pm

Helle Armstrong

She sighed. This is tiring, but, finally, at last, it seems some progress has been made. He is a stubborn man. Even now, she can tell he has not been truly swayed. What will it take for him to surrender his pride? She doubts such is even possible. Maybe that is why she stays. A man who is unashamed to continue down his path. If not for her loving hands, Azmi, surely, would have carried forth until ruination. Maybe that is why she is here.

“Do not rely solely on me. Even with my help, it will take so much more before our dreams can be realized. I will be by your side, but that can be said for us all. Mazda’s power is now his own, but that only means you must find new power. Yes. This is but a minor setback, but I do think you may be ready now, dear.”

Her eyes danced over his form, slight regret written on her face. She may have hit him a tad too hard, but it’s far too late to take it back. It was unfortunately required. Hopefully, such things won’t be required down the line. She would rather lend a guiding hand than a treacherous one.

Coding in Template By:

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum