Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Blood Knight
Blood Knight
Established Member

Drinks to Celebrate! Amon/Hanako Empty Drinks to Celebrate! Amon/Hanako

Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:10 pm
Any meaningful conversation was… dull, to say the least. It was a delicate topic right now and all he could do is try to veer away from it but it was quite obvious emotions were high. It was true that Captain Kobayashi, or rather, the late Jaeden Crow was truly dead. Slain in combat by the 7th Division's Elyss Kishimoto, now he could joke that the ol' Cap' got capped by a woman, but sexist remarks might go… a bit too harsh as of the moment. Enter Amon, at this moment, marching on over to the bar. The Jap's have got their whiskey made to perfection, and that's what he needed right now, shit it's been too long since Amon's had a good drink.

If Amon was correct about the bar this late at night, it was still open, maybe two hours before closing and slower than two snails fuckin'. In his words. Tonight he viewed it as a celebration, instead of mourning he and the now-temporary Captain Hanako Yamaha! Or was it Yamada? Whatever, that was an unimportant detail. Plus it took a shit ton of talking to Hanako to go drinking at night instead of doing some shenanigans during the day, they wouldn't want to ruin any reputation… Ah hell, Hanako was with Amon, there was crap for reputation with him! For the newer Shinigami actions, not names, did the talking.

"Oh, we're about a good minute from there now," Amon revived the conversation which had staled a few minutes ago, "So, I'm looking forward to some Ohishi. Don't get me wrong I like Sake but the former is just sweeter ya' know?"

Amon hadn't had a good drinking buddy in a long time… But it was the other way around. He was here for Hanako's sake, not his own, she'd lost a fellow comrade and dear friend while Amon only lost an employer he's ever met once. Wonder how that Kuchiki in the Second Division is doing? He could smell fresh food coming from within the bar as well… did it have food, or was it his imagination? Maybe it was anticipation, nervousness, or possibly just a ghost scent he's missed in the living days. A bar was not a place he'd take someone on a date to, at least an Applebee's, maybe Chewy's, Red Lobster, or if he was feeling a bit on the broke side take the lady to a drive-in or Waffle House.

But this wasn't a date, they weren't going as friends, to Amon at least it was to help a poor girl warm up and drink away some losses. Well a great loss at that. He sighed and said more or less to himself, "God I miss Applebee's."
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Drinks to Celebrate! Amon/Hanako Left_bar_bleue0/0Drinks to Celebrate! Amon/Hanako Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Drinks to Celebrate! Amon/Hanako Empty Re: Drinks to Celebrate! Amon/Hanako

Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:37 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Drinks to Celebrate! Amon/Hanako 6EdIfMt

While they were walking to the bar they had chosen, Hanako was still caught in her own thoughts. She tried to push it aside since she couldn't do anything right now anyway, but it wasn't like she could just throw a switch and move on. It was always the problem with her thoughts. Always so noisy, always a voice screaming around. Oddly enough, her inner world was peaceful and quiet.

Amon's voice pulled her mind back to the here and now.

"Ohishi?" She asked while she looked ahead and saw the bar. It was a little izakaya, a small and cozy bar, indeed serving food with their drinks, albeit just snacks.

"I like sake. Warm sake."

In fact it was the only alcoholic she ever had, but she didn't really care to admit that. She didn't drink often and never tried anything else.

She looked at Amon. It was a bit strange going to a bar with a colleague. But in the end they both just wanted to have a drink and relax, put the day behind them and they were off duty, so who cares.

"And what is Applebee's?" Hanako asked.
"Wait, let me guess...something from the world of the living."

She entered the bar. It was half full with other off-duty Shinigami. They got a table in the back with a good view of the rest of the bar. Hanako ordered some warm sake.

"Hm...I would like some snacks. How about edamame, kushiyaki and yakitori? You like to share?"

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]

Blood Knight
Blood Knight
Established Member

Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:05 pm
Amon was almost appalled by the fact Hanako didn't know about Applebee's! It was a sin he says! Granted it was the only place available in the States it was generally the place to go with friends and family… Like a high end Denny's just with shittier service, better food, and a sports bar. Carefully Amon didn't want to sound surprised but then again he really shouldn't be, being a Texas man in Tokyo much like Kurt Russell in Big Trouble in Little China. There wasn't anything like the Americas, and sometimes he missed home because of places like that.

"Ehhh… Yes, let's just have whatever's meat," Amon replied to Hanako's question on snacks, which in truth he's yet to have any breakfast or lunch for that matter, and since he'll be drinking some liquor it was best to fill up during that occasion, "And yeah, Applebee's is an American thing, won't find it anywhere else truth be told. Their spinach artichoke dip and fireball cheeseburgers, and God they started making awesome mix drinks before I-"

Amon stood short of the "D" word, and no, not dick or dike. He stopped speaking at all as they approached the small vendor before continuing after a solid minute, a clear sense of confusion was on his face until he continued, "Before I… kicked the bucket. Sorry, I'm not used to saying that I died or anything like that, it's kinda hard to believe despite being in Heaven's Army or whatever."

When Amon first came to Soul Society he expected to see angels and loved ones, but instead he ended up being in a place that seemed a lot more alive than he expected. People seemed… More decent than he expected, he was ready to get slapped across the head with a Bible but instead he was recruited as a warrior. A warrior who underperformed compared to all of the Shinigami students, while he did pass with great academics and a sturdy determination, still he barely passed the physical tests and so forth such as strength and endurance, and whatever other exams regarding things similar to those topics. He felt more like a peon, and his hindered power wasn't anything to relax about. Despite training and working on his blade skills, the heavily scarred Texan was still an underwhelming individual compared to many like him. It sucked.

Opening the door for Hanako, Amon gestures forward, "Ladies first."
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Drinks to Celebrate! Amon/Hanako Left_bar_bleue0/0Drinks to Celebrate! Amon/Hanako Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:50 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako gave Amon a quick side glance. It was hard to believe or her, but she actually knew what he was talking about. Even if everything she knew, more or less, was that she had been a mortal once, the feeling that she was a dead person that lived a second life was strange. Most times it wasn’t anything she consciously thought about, since most of memories where from Soul Society and her existence as a Soul was nothing unusual to her.

“Kushiyake is grilled meat.” she said after they had sat down. “But I guess we better add some Karaage. That’s chicken. As is Yakitori. Edamame are soy beans. I like those.”

It had been only fairly recently that Hanako had begun to care about what she was eating. In her academy days she simply couldn’t be bothered. Whatever was on the menu in the dining hall was good enough, no matter how it tasted. It fed her, it gave her energy, that was enough. But when Hanako not only started to grow as a Shinigami, but also as a person, she started to care about food. The little snacks, like many izakaya served them, was something she was starting to like more and more. Small portion sizes, which meant one could order and try many different foods before the hunger was quenched.

“I don’t remember much from the world of the living.” she said, not mentioning that only a few years ago she remembered nothing at all. It seemed like it wasn’t uncommon for souls to have sketchy memories of their times as mortals, so she hoped it wouldn’t stand out.

“I just remember a small village. In Japan, I guess. That’s about it. I take it you’re from somewhere else in the mortal world?”

She thought about it a bit. It was maybe a strange conversation while they waited for their food and drinks, but there it was and it had sparked her interest.

“Do you remember everything?”

Blood Knight
Blood Knight
Established Member

Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:48 am
As they entered the warm and small building Hanako took her seat, and Amon right next to her. She explained the different kinds of meat, what foreign words the Japanese created for different snacks and food items. He didn't care for vegetables but wanted pure meat, seasoned, unseasoned, maybe even rare unless it's chicken or pork but he was in the mood for steak if anything. But then again, anything would do. The subject came up about the living world no thanks to the Shinigami himself and Hanako ended her statement with two questions: Was he from the mortal world and did he remember his life before this one?

"Actually yes, I remember most of it. I think dying has the effect of causing you to forget some stuff, done things insignificant in a sense. I lived in North America, the state of Texas which is a neighbor to Mexico, more so the flooded half of the state now that I recall. Used to live-" Amon stopped for a moment to evaluate what he was about to say.

Memories flooded back through Amon's mind, the good, the bad, and importantly the ugly. There were many memories too painful to talk about, some that still affected him even being in the afterlife, but he continued sounding more pleased than he suddenly felt, "I… lived in an orphanage. Lots of work but the other kids were made family, like brothers and sisters, and the Nanny? She was aight, her husband was a war veteran so he let us shoot off military grade weapons and throw dynamite into the lakes. Used to always go hunting, fishing, play video games, just stuff a kid or growing teen could do out South in the sticks."
Blood Knight
Blood Knight
Established Member

Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:48 am

Last edited by Blood Knight on Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Blood Knight
Blood Knight
Established Member

Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:49 am

Last edited by Blood Knight on Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:35 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Before Hanako could react to anything Amon had said, their order arrived. The scent of the food was mouthwatering, at least to her. Since she opened herself to some of the worldly …or maybe one should say after-worldly…pleasures, she also began to cherish pleasant scents, like those of good food or tea.

Hanako’s drink, she had ordered warm sake, arrived in a small earthenware bottle, together with a small cup from the same material. The cup wouldn’t hold much more than maybe two pleasantly sized sips, but it was perfect for Hanako. She didn’t drink very much usually anyway. She picked up the bottle and smelled the rather subtle fragrance of the sake.

“You want to try some?” she asked Amon, before she poured herself a cup.

While she took a first sip she thought about what Amon had said about the world of the living.

“If I remember correctly I have been to North America before. Nevada, I think. Some area where a place called Las Vegas had been. I’m not sure about the names of the places. I also can’t really place this Texas or Mexico.”

She picked up some Edamame, boiled and salted soy beans.

“Most things concerning the world of the living are foreign to me. I know that I must have been a mortal once, but beyond the image of a village…almost nothing.”

Talking about it felt strange. Once it had caused her discomfort, bordering on pain, to even think about it. Now…it felt easier to accept it. Still not quite comfortable, but easier nonetheless.

“I remember that my name…” she started but then stopped suddenly.

Now, that was something that was maybe a bit too much. She was about to say that she had found out what her name had been. Her real name, that is. But there was still that thorn deep in her flesh that hurt, whenever she touched it. Because that wasn’t only a name she had lost, it was a permanent reminder of so much more she had lost. And even if she told herself time and time again that she was now Hanako and was building a life and history of her own, the other name was still burning in the back of her mind like a beacon.

“Never mind.” she said and then changed the subject.

“I don’t really know what dynamite is, although I have a suspicion, but why would anyone let children handle military grade weapons?”

In Hanako’s mind “military grade” meant Zanpakutos or high level Kido, weapons that could cause incredible destruction.

Blood Knight
Blood Knight
Established Member

Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:25 pm
"Hell yeah I want some!" Amon quips happily, taking the bottle and pouring it into a small glass given to him. He was dropping formalities. He might have a new drinking buddy, although this was for a different reason.

Amon was the second to take a sip. The sake was warm and went down smoothly, though he preferred cold liquor, but this would work too. He listened to Hanako and raised his brows for a moment not realizing she had been there, and Vegas of all places?! Lucky! He then says, "Nevada, huh? Shit, I been to Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas… Texas wasn't so bad. Oh yeah, just to clarify the confusion there, those are all states with what Kansas, Missouri being mid states, Oklahoma being more South and Texas just below it, there's fifty in total. Mexico's a country separate from the United States."

Amon then again listened as he straight downed half his shot. He wanted more of it but he knew he'd need to take his time, damn Japanese knew how to make their alcohol right, so he didn't want to be on his ass laughing. Yet. He started to wonder of that would ever happen to the young Texan, if he'd forget who he was, where he was born, it was unsettling to Amon almost that something like that could happen. But perhaps years upon years of the afterlife can do that to you, yeah?

Amon didn't touch on that subject of Hanako, he'd figure he would let herself figure out that one but what caught his attention were the fact she thought that she didn't know what guns were! The horror! Amon then said, "Alright, lemme lay it out for ya."

The Shinigami then took a pencil and some paper and started to draw a stick of dynamite, "Okay, so dynamite is an explosive, made from two primary minerals, potassium nitrate and silver mainly found in caves. You can put this stuff together by trapping the contents in a hard paper, or rather cardboard, cylinder container, but before you close it up you need to have a fuse that goes from the powder mix about a few inches outside the container. You can then close it up, light the fuse and toss it, very dangerous stuff in fir quarry and mining operations to help blast rock apart."

Then Amon started to draw a pistol, "What you're thinking is a Zanpacto or similar in nature it is not what you think at all. Let's take a firearm or as we call it a gun, there are various types from small single handed weapons to two handed automatic ones. Let's start with the pistol for example
A semi-automatic pistol is a type of handgun that uses a single chamber and barrel. The pistol fires a chambered round, extracts and ejects the empty casing and then loads a new round into the chamber with each trigger pull. These fire bullets, which… is another topic for another day, but essentially what happens inside the gun is that the hammer," He pointed to an almost perfect schematic of the innards of the weapon, "Is cocked back, clicking the trigger releases the locking mechanism, which the releases the hammer and it collides with the back of the bullet itself. An internal explosion happens that propels the bullet, from a nine millimeter pistol that can travel about… fifteen hundred feet per second, and the gun ejects the bullet shell from… Well, don't let me take up your time on this. There are various kinds of bullets that act as different kinds of ammunition for a firearm."

Finishing off his sake, Amon poured more into his glass, "Don't mind me… I used to have friends I can talk to about stuff like that. Lotta Texas was reclaimed by nature, so a lot more life like deer and other things like that roamed around a lot more. We used to hunt, fish, hell we preferred using bow and arrows for our huntin', lot more funner that way..."

Amon stopped for a moment then, almost as of he made up his mind, downed the complete glass of sake he had before pouring a third one, his tone went from a slight country slur to a full Texan accent (deep southern) as if he'd switch gears, "You know- Fuck it. You know how I talked earlier 'bout being an accountant? I'd like to try my hand at that, if ya' wouldn't mind?"
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:49 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako shrugged slightly when Amon seemed to be somewhat impressed with the few places she had been. It appeared as if his knowledge of these places was just a tad outdated.

“Well…the city they called Las Vegas doesn’t exist anymore. No idea what happened, but it’s all glassed over now.”

Hanako made a motion with her hand where she drew an imaginary, horizontal line, symbolising that the area had been levelled by something. Hanako hoped that destroyed cities in Amon’s home country weren’t a touchy topic for him. But then again, it wasn’t his home country any more. He was living now in Soul Society, as a soul. His home was this now. Hanako wondered if she’d think the same way would she be able to remember more than the vague image of a village and her name.

From the first moments when Amon started about dynamite and weapons she realised she’d better not have touched this topic. It was obviously something Amon was very…passionate about it. He fired a barrage of facts at her and at one point Hanako was reasonably sure that there was smoke curling out of her ears. Impressive. She couldn’t even remember how she came to the Sereitei and he remembered such minute details. Hanako could barely follow. At least until she realised that his drawings were not that bad. No, they were actually pretty good. They were detailed and exact and after a few more moments Hanako began to believe that she understood some of the principles he had laid out for her.

“Wait a moment.” said Hanako and pointed at the drawing in general. “So mortals consider this as military grade. A small piece of metal that is propelled by a tiny explosion. Can’t imagine that those are very powerful.”

She took a bite of her food and a sip of sake. It warmed her insides in a most pleasant way.

“Don’t know, never really tried it out, but we can do a lot more damage without even drawing our Zanpakutos. Probably reduce a building to rubble with our bare hands, maybe even more.”

Hana realised that Amon reacted a bit more strongly to the sake than she did. And here she was thinking that stuff wasn’t particularly strong. Shouldn’t that mean something from a woman who drank mostly tea? Anyway, maybe it was just that he wasn’t used to rice wine. Or that Hanako had about 6 inches on Amon and her being bigger just let her cope with the alcohol better.
That was what she was thinking. However, even though it didn’t slur her speech, Hanako was indeed affected herself. She became more relaxed and maybe even a bit more…bold where she usually was restrained in social interactions.

“Do you mean that?” she said, raising her right eyebrow in question. “Accounting? Do you know how many entries the Fourth has alone because of damaged or destroyed training facilities? Honestly, I don’t mind at all. On the contrary, I would appreciate it, Amon.”

She stopped and thought a moment.

“I hope you don’t mind, but is Amon your real name? I mean, is it the name you always had, in this world as in the last, or some name you or someone else came up with here in Soul Society? Just curious.”

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum