Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] Empty Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo]

Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:56 pm
Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] ORXYpDI

SAWACHIKA KYO

For most people, a breakup was reason to take a little time away, collect oneself and take a moment to reflect. Kyo, naturally, had already done all of that. He'd considered things very carefully, his conviction in separating from Asami and his unwillingness to give up the family name. In doing so, he'd come to a single conclusion.

He would embody the name to his fullest possible potential. Even if he did not inherit the house, he would ensure that he was fully ready to do so.

That would require training, seeing as his current abilities weren't remotely up to snuff in that respect. Every sibling older than him could have easily outmatched him, and that simply wasn't the standard Kyo would be living for anymore. He'd already requested a tutor who could give him the basics in the shinigami arts. He'd graduated the academy, of course, but beyond that would require training. At least in hakuda he was decent.

For now, he'd just wait for her arrival, sitting in one of the courtyards of the Sawachika estate. He could have gone to the academy, but it seemed more to her benefit if he hosted her here, where he could offer a bit more hospitality for her time. He'd told his father quite gravely that she wasn't to be bothered, and the seriousness of his tone made it likely he'd actually be listened to for once. A few pots of tea already sat waiting, and he himself sipped from a cup of aged puerh, idly musing on the poisonous nature of it.

END POST | THE BIG BOWL OF SAWACHIKA

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] Left_bar_bleue0/0Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] Empty Re: Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo]

Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:42 pm
Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] HEADER___gilgamesh_and_ishtar_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_tarou2__sample-da521ab775d6e765ed0e2221a50f500b

Well now this was a little unusual.

Yuri was used to getting called in to Tutor Students. It was one of the things that brought her a good deal of Joy. And a good number of her students went on to be fairly good shinigami at that. She was proud of it. She adored the respect people in the academy staff put to her name. To them? She was a passionate teacher, someone who probably would turn out to teach properly at the Shino Academy one day as a veteran shinigami.

But this was something out of the ordinary. Not only was Kyo Sawachika not an academt student, but they had also asked to be tutored privately within their own home. Certainly, some students did ask for discretion. Shame was a common flavor of incompetence after all. Which only made Yuri all the more intrigued as she arrived at the Estate itself. Those bright red eyes of hers pausing to eye the ....architecture of the place. She was well aware of the Sawachika family's own ...unique brand of nobility. This was the kind of thing she paid attention to as the Heiress of the Aiban family.

After being let in through the gate, she allowed herself to be taken to the courtyard, perking up once she noticed her 'Student' waiting for her. She turned to the one that had led her in and offered a slight smile and a nod of her head, thanking them before turning her attention to what she had to work with. Those bright eyes scanning the man from head to toe. Posture. Demeanor. Attitude. Just what sort of Squad member would seek HER out? Well, she planned on finding out.

"Hello. You must be Sawachika-kun." She greeted him, her voice not quite as warm and peppy as it usually was. It was ..... curious. Watchful as she kept a close eye on him. As well, this WAS an unusual situation, but she hardly seemed off-put or uncomfortable. Her eyes darted toward the tea that was set out nearby before promptly shifting back to Kyo.

"I admit I was a little surprised to be sought after by a fellow active member of the Gotei. But I'm sure you have your reasons. SO! Why don't you tell me a bit about yourself? your background, what your time at the academy was like, and more importantly: what it is you'd like to improve. Unlike most of my students you hardly have any exams or tests to pass to graduate." She ventured. The situation was odd, but her methods would be about the same. First she needed to know what the goals would be, what they were working toward, and then she'd need to get a feel for her student. Because well....

She was already starting to widen her smile. Odd as this all was, the fact that she was now having full blooded shinigami enlist her help? Oh my that was very much pleasing to her ego. Sure, he was hardly a seated officer or anything. But with any luck, she'd fix that~ Oh yes, this big red-haired gorrilla could be JUST the challenge she'd been looking for.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] Empty Re: Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo]

Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:33 pm

SAWACHIKA KYO

As the tutor entered, Kyo gave her a nod of greeting, pouring a second cup of tea without asking if she wanted one or not. That was just traditional courtesy when it came to tea, and if she didn't want any, there wouldn't be any hard feelings if she simply left the cup full.

"That's me. Just call me Kyo, I don't mind things being more casual."

He couldn't blame her for being surprised he'd ask her here, but his situation was an unusual one. It wasn't as if shinigami were barred from future lessons at Shino after they'd graduated, but he'd already spent a year or so away from any courses. Working on it now after his time away certainly would have seemed a little odd to anyone.

"Yeah, I'm doing fine, but not as well as I should be, I'd say. My time at the academy went fine, passed all my basic courses and I wouldn't say there was any major trouble. As for what I'm looking to improve today, I'm looking to work on kido or hoho today. Don't want to spread myself thin, so one or the other is fine."

Kyo spoke with intensity as he explained the situation, entirely concerned with improving. After all, he didn't have any other options,s o far as he was concerned. This was just one more way for him to live life the way a man ought to.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] Left_bar_bleue0/0Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:48 pm
Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] HEADER___gilgamesh_and_ishtar_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_tarou2__sample-da521ab775d6e765ed0e2221a50f500b

Hmm, well talk about a bit of spitfire. He certainly had a lot of enthusiasm about him. Heh~ No doubt that enthusiasm had gotten him through basic training fine as it were. But no doubt, where he was now, he had probably begun to perfectly understand that 'Passing' wasn't always enough. She couldn't help but chuckle softly and shake her head. Que adorable~

"You didn't mention Hakuda. So I take it then that you took to that subject a good deal better than Kido or Hoho?" She observed, folding her arms before she took a seat opposite of him and promptly took a light sip of the tea. A slow smile showing across her face before she smiled at him. And not her usual cheery smile, there was juuuust a hint of playfulness in it. Not quite the 'demeaning bitch'. She kept that under lock and key for now.

"Why don't you tell me a little about your studies into Kido and Hoho? It's natural for a lot of students to catch on quickly with some subjects but not in others. I'm curious what aspects challenged you for Kido and Hoho, as well as what you found more....intuitive, or easier to study, about Hakudo?" At the very least his Reiryoku control wasn't the issue. Hakuda involved a good deal of that. And certainly, Hoho was more about finesse and precision. Kido was about intricacy and mental focus. Already his strong and weak subjects told her a little about him. It was possible he had good natural reiryoku control. common among Nobles. But when it came to more intricate or precise movements, even for something not as reiryoku intensive as Hoho, he struggled. But she still wanted to hear HIS perspective on the matter. It would be all well and good if students could always be sussed out so easily. But there were always....surprises. Some had ...quirks that made such hints misleading. Things like... odd zanpaku'to. Curses. Or you know....secret inner hollows budding to the surface. THOSe were always fun.

But she would find out in time. There was no hurry or urgency in her voice. Especially not with tea like this in hand.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:05 am

SAWACHIKA KYO

"That's right, I did."

Any time Yuri's cup was set down, Kyo topped it off, always attentive to that aspect of courtesy even as he was speaking with her. It was second nature for him, and he took a moment or two to ensure he gave his tutor a full, proper answer before he just spoke thoughtlessly.

"My work with kido was pretty basic. It didn't really catch on with me, and I'll admit that I didn't see much use for it in my line of work. I mostly handle architecture, planning and the like. Kido probably isn't going to be handy there until you get really exceptional, and I wasn't planning on that."

Of course, that had changed, and he took a sip of the velvety aged tea before he continued.

"As for hoho, I guess the same applies there. I didn't think it would be too helpful in what I was focusing on, so I didn't put in the time to really excel. There's no real issues I ran into, I just didn't think to give it my all at the time."

He'd be the first to admit that was a pretty subpar answer, and Kyo didn't think highly of his own efforts. But that was why he was here now, with a tutor specifically to get him up to par. He didn't really know to what degree she could train him, but he'd certainly heard she got results. That was all he was really worried about here.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:14 am

So he was lazy, was the plain and simple of it that she was gleaning of the situation. At least from his own perspective. But well... 'I didn't try hard enough' was sometimes a convenient mental block for deeper issues with students. There were all sorts of trappings and trimmings and fancy decorations that those having difficulty put on their shortcomings. Of course, if he truly WERE simply not applying himself, then she wouldn't be here. By some means or other, he wanted help with this. Perhaps he NEEDED help. Or he simply NEEDED to need someone. There WERE those .....special subsets of students. Who really didn't HAVE any innate thing in their way other than themselves. The kind of student that simply needed someone to guide them and they caught on just like that. One of her favorite types of students~

"I see." She paused, watching him for a few moments.

Giving him........ample time to see if he might recall that she had also asked him what it was about Hakuda that he had found particularly easy to learn, or well...in this case, more relevant to learn.

But if he didn't, she would smile and speak up. "And what about Hakuda did you find WAS something for you to learn? You mentioned Architecture, and If I recall, your family specializes in these things. Did you feel Hakuda would help with that? Or did it simply come more naturally to you? Or did you simply find the manner with which Hakuda was taught to work better for you?" She ventured, gently folding her legs as she did. Not the verbose type. But she'd work around that.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:50 am

SAWACHIKA KYO

"Makes it easier to cut stone, and it's a lot more straightforward in that than kido would be. But I don't think that's really the only reason it worked out. I guess it's always felt easier focusing on my own body than making something happen outside it."

That was pretty much the long and short of it. Kyo definitely didn't think he was the best hakuda student in the academy or anything, but he'd definitely found it came a lot more naturally than shooting lightning from his fingertips.

"Hakuda's hands on, and I'm a hands on guy. It just made sense to me in a way the other shinigami arts really didn't. Wouldn't say it was a problem with how it was taught or anything."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:14 am

Yuri almost rolled her eyes at that. Wasn't that what tools were for? But she didn't bother asking that. She was sure there was some apeish 'manly' reason behind doing it with his bare hands or whatnot. Such a simple beast he was. Or at least that seemed to be the impression he was trying to put off. She took another sip of her tea. Pausing when he topped it off again. How interestingly....servile. She made a mental note of that.

All the more, she raised a brow, her smile returning for a moment. Hmmmm. A hands-on sort of guy hm? "Is that so. Well, at the very least, you were proficient enough with the skills to pass the exams to become a shinigami. even if honestly that bar can be rather low. Still. You should at least have a knowledge of the basics." She chimed, promptly slowly standing up and starting to take a few steps into the center of the courtyard. Briefly turning her back to the man as she lightly spread her arps open, her hands gently clenching into fists before she lightly stretched her muscles. Thankfully the shihakusho hid that slight sinew. A side effect of her own competence, she actually had a bit of muscle tone, much to her own chagrin. But from his position, he would't really see any of that muscle motion. Well, unless he was looking at her ass.

"Well then. I think I have a few ideas about how we can proceed. How good is your Reikaku?" She inquired. If he at least could sense reiryoku moving about, she could sortof ...channel her own a little. It was a concept she'd sortof...borrowed. In her studies, she'd attempted to see if she could learn shunko. Which, no, she hadn't even come close. BUT at the very least she'd looked into the concept a lot. The channeling of Reiryoku around the body rather than through it. She herself had a bit of practice in putting her energy through the motions of flowing through her body, but having it move along her skin instead of her muscles. Which would be a lot easier for her students to sense. And thus, pick up on.

Was she, perhaps, mad about not ACTUALLY being able to figure out Shunko? Perhaps. Did she understand that it was a very high level skill that she shouldn't just EXPECT to get on her first several dozen tries? Absolutely. Did it still make her want to cave in someone's face every time she failed? Who was to say? But at the VERY least, she had garnered a neat little teaching tool. Alternatively, of course, she could be a bit more ....direct. She smiled a little to herself. Kaido was another ...alternative reaching tool. Channeling reiryoku through another person's body was a big part of the art. And well, even an idiot could usually pick up on how foreign energy was moving through their own body. Yesssss, she was already getting some good solid ideas. God she was so fucking smart and clever, and she took just a moment to bask in her own smarts before turning to Kyo.

"Let's get a bit of a sense of where you are. Let's have a little training session. Not quite... a spar. We'll call it a game. Like Senchō-san no meirei." She perked up. "I'll perform a move or small sequence of actions, and you follow suit to the best of your abilities." She instructed. A simple little task that didn't quite have the same vibe as just throwing fists. And a more direct way for her to test his abilities in different ways by mixing things up or doing things a certain way which would demand different types of discipline or control.

Plus it was also a nice, fun little way to torment her new students~
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:33 pm

SAWACHIKA KYO

Kyo agreed on some level that the bar for becoming a shinigami was probably fairly low, but he didn't think it was all that surprising. Basic shinigami duties weren't all that difficult, and you didn't need the big guns for everything.

"My reikaku's good, I'd say above average. I can get around with my eyes closed no problem, at the very least. Usually use it to help with my work in the stealth force."

It did also see some use in architecture, naturally, but that didn't seem quite as important at present.

"Sounds good to me."

Standing up and readying himself, Kyo didn't do much of anything to make a show of it. He may have been confident in himself, but you didn't show off to someone above you. That was just common sense.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:52 pm

Yuri smiled slightly as he explained his own competence. Made sense given the squad he was in, he could probably suppress his spiritual pressure pretty well also, right? "Excellent. Now, Let's start with something simple." she hummed, tapping her chin before she took a few steps back, and then promptly performed a shunpo to her right, and then pointed at the grass beside her with her right hand. "Hadō #1. Sho." There was no pazazz or stylishness about it. A quick, short ranged flash-step, and then a sho fired into the ground, causing a loud THUMP as the ground vibrated with the impact against it, that pushing force not really accomplishing much else.

Following the moves, she gestured in his direction as she focused her Reikaku. Peering at him as she took the time to focus and get a good sense of him. This was just the first step. She'd wait for him to follow, and then move onto the next sequences.

First, she would work on repetitions and speed. Going from a single shunpo, to two, to four, and so on, sometimes changing distances, sometimes doing rapid short-range Shunpo in a line. Even doing a zigzag. This was to see what flaws there were in his technique. Naturally he could probably do a decent shunpo. But how was he at doing them one after the other? How was he at sudden consecutive changes in direction in a string? How was his stamina as he performed them?

Second was the Kido. She would slowly amp up in number. Aiming toward a single spot on the ground which would serve as the sortof 'dumping ground'. Slowly increasing in Kido number until she had a sense for just how high he could manage. And from there, it would be similar to shunpo. How many kido in a row could he cast? Could he switch between spells? Could he shuffle between Shunpos and casting different Kido without tripping up? Each and every step was designed to show here those weaknesses. To see where he fell short. And of course, to see just how much distance was ACTUALLY between them. Not just to show off to him, but also so that she knew how much work needed be put in. With the added benefit of, as a side-effect. Testing his willpower. His focus. And his own ability to process these moves. He seemed like a competent guy, but not everyone was as ...mentally apt at changing things up in the middle of combat. If he had that issue, then it meant she'd simply have to hammer the lessons in with repetition. Alternatively, some more....sharp types actually learned pretty fast and would get bored with an exercise that was just the same move over and over.

All while she paid attention to his stamina. His energy reserves. And of course, his ability to follow direction.

Was it so bad that she also enjoyed ordering him around and seeing him do exactly as she said?~

With every step, she established, perhaps only for her own benefit, that she was in charge as the teacher.
Boy, wait until he found out that all of these sequences were numbered~ Things he would learn in time.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum