Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] - Page 2 Empty Re: Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara]

Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:21 am
Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] - Page 2 JryjPlU

BAMBIETTA BASTERBINE | 4TH SEAT

"No, sir, I don't have anything that would get in the way. I have a few things I can make sure are handled in the next hour, so I can come back when you're ready."

Not to mention, it'd give her a little bit more time to actually mentally prepare for however this was going to go. Did Bambietta really like putting herself into other people's hands? No, not even remotely. She hated that, actually, but she'd sort of come to the conclusion by now that her own hands weren't the best place to be.

"Ah, unless you'd rather I stay while you get everything ready. I don't know if you have anything else that could get done while you get the instruments ready, or if this is something that requires a little bit more attention."

While Bambietta may not have been nearly as intelligent as she'd heard that Captain Urahara was, she was still at least pretty smart, and she knew that her own research for the 2nd Division sometimes needed to be treated like it was a baby if she wanted it go right. Course, other times she could just leave something alone for a while.

CONTROLLED DETONATION | END POST
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] - Page 2 Empty Re: Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara]

Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:50 am

Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] - Page 2 UiUIw9T

Kisuke Urahara | Research Captain

"Ah, how fortunate, we can get this out of the way and hopefully move things forward. If you wish to sort out your business then I will not keep you from it, but I was just going to set some systems off calibrating and get a cup of tea."

Kisuke hardly needed to settle any nerves or the like, in regard to all this, but he assumed that Bambietta did. This was not a process that would be easy for her, on an emotional level if not a physical one. Likely the fear of having another stranger messing around with her was playing on her mind, so he would at least try to bridge that gap just a little. They didn't need to be friends, though he was hardly opposed to such a thing, but a little bit of a personal touch might go a long way.

"You are also welcome to join me in that, as I find it helps to keep me focused, but I will not hold you to it. I promise I do not bite, not unless absolutely necessary."

Saw that coming | END POST
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:44 am

Oh. Bambietta supposed it made sense that his own work would be as easily automated as hers. She probably should have expected that, considering the difference between the two of them, but her mental image of his work had been stuff that would always require intense focus from beginning to end.

"Ah, no, I don't actually need to go handle it or anything, I'd be glad to stay here for tea."

Honestly, that made more sense, didn't it? She was probably in this for a while after all, and she ought to get to know the person who would be handling all this. Besides, considering the only things she actually knew about him were from those intel reports, Bambietta felt like those were probably not something she ought to base her life here around. She ought to get to know someone she would be working with, and this was a good way to do it.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:00 pm

Typing away at his computer for a few minutes, a few little messages were sent out. This was not exactly official Gotei business, so a more prudish Captain might have put this work on hold until they were out of business hours, but Urahara did not run the Third Division to operate like that. They were his team, his assistants, and his students. They could work on whatever projects they wanted to, as long as they made sure they were available for any work that he had need of them for. So, when he instructed a few of the officers to prepare a room for him, they made sure to do so hastily. He detailed what tools needed to be prepared, gave specifics where required, and then left them to it. If it was not done when he was back, words would be had.

Kisuke spared the occasional reassuring glance to Bambietta as he was working, so that she did not worry that she had been forgotten. He was always trying to be a personable man, not wishing to be too off putting, but where exactly did he start. Perhaps better to try break the ice before deciding to pry just a little.

“I know a few good tea houses here in the Seireitei. A perk of the job, I suppose. But have you got any recommendations or requests? If we’re dining together then I would hate to be the only one enjoying myself.”

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:08 am

"O-oh, um, no sir, I dont have anything in mind, really. Most of the places I eat out are usually kind of on the higher end when I've saved up from my paychecks, but that isn't exactly something I'd bring up for something like this."

In truth, the problem was that there was really no winning situation if they did go somewhere like that. Either Bambietta paid for her own food, in which case her budget was squarely in the red, or she let him pay, which was something she really didn't like the idea of. Freeloading was very much in her nature, but she knew that was a pretty bad trait to have if you wanted to be a team player, so she didn't let herself fall into that trap.

"I know there are a few nice izakaya, though that's not really somewhere you'd go for tea, either, and I don't quite think beer and yakitori is what you're looking for, either."

The longer Bambietta thought about this, the more she realized she didn't actually spend very much time in...normal, respectable places, for lack of a better descriptor. It was either high end dining or a bar.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:05 pm

"You're right about that. We should probably save the alcohol until after my work is done, then we might have cause to celebrate."

Kisuke loosed a polite chuckle at the thought of going to a bar or a fancy restaurant. He hadn't been thinking of anything so sincere, just a little something to pass the time, though he found the offer all too amusing. She had said that she was bold, after all.

"But do not fret, I already had a location in mind that might bridge the gap just a little. A nice little place not too far from the barracks, pretty fancy but perhaps not as high-end as you might be used to. Come, come, we shouldn't dally."

In a blur, the Captain was already walking out of his office. Stopping briefly at the door to hold it open for Bambietta and to inspect the goings on in the rest of the Research Division. The journey would not be long, especially with a cheeky flash step or two, but he was diligent enough to make sure that everything was in order here before he departed. Soon satisfied that nothing else was going on, he began to lead the way as they meandered through the Seireitei.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:12 am

The idea that he might have actually liked the idea of going out for a drink to celebrate was a bit alien to Bambietta, if she was being completely honest. She definitely didn't expect him to be that...friendly about it? Cheerful? It was strange.

"Right, of course, sir."

She followed him as he made his way through the division, and out into the Seireitei proper. She was hardly as swift as he was, but it didn't seem as though he was in too big of a rush to get there. That was fine with her, admittedly. Hurrying around would probably only make the situation more stressful.

"I-I wouldn't say 'used to' or anything like that, sir. It's just a nice way to spend a day off on occasion, if I have a little extra money to spend."

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:59 am

"I respect your candour, truly, but you don't need to call me 'sir' when we're out of the office. It makes me feel old. Kisuke is fine, only Captain Kisuke if you really must."

A hand scratched at the back of his head again, his smile remaining as he considered how old he actually was. Perhaps he was getting too old now. Maybe he'd go grey at some point, shrivel up into a shrew or whatever all the old souls did. Frankly, even he didn't know when that would happen.

It was a leisurely journey to their destination, given that he could have moved at a blistering speed if necessary. Kisuke took the time to make sure that Bambietta was always at his side rather than chasing behind. The teahouse was a modest little building, unassuming perhaps to the untrained eye, but that simplicity was what had won him over. When the pair entered, the kindly lady at the front desk was already guiding them towards a table in the corner of the room. Sharing a look with Kisuke that alluded to a level of familiarity with the enigmatic Captain, the tea lady left the pair alone without saying a word.

"Of course, I can understand the pleasure of enjoying some fine dining all too well. Though sometimes the finest things can be found in peculiar places, not always where you might expect them to be. Two teas, then, or have you got a preference for blend?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum