Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] - Page 2 Empty Re: Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen]

Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:58 pm
Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] - Page 2 HEADER_97131311_p6_master1200

Igen couldn't help but smile sheepishly at that and glance toward Kei. "I guess you could say I don't exactly have ... an ambition. Or I wouldn't call it that." He admitted, folding his arms and thinking about it for a moment. "I mean, it's not like I plan on TAKING the position from Commander Murasaki. Or really that what I want is the job itself maybe. What I want is to be WORTHY of the position. Wether or not I actually get called upon to hold that position is irrelevant. Above all else. I want to be ready and ABLE to take up that mantle should the need arise." He stated firmly. Before giving another sheepish smile. "BEsides. It's not really about HOLDING the position. It's about helping others the best way that I can. And that means being able to do whatever job is needed of me, including the position of Captain Commander." He stated simply.

The information about the Kido squad went a little...next to his head. He did understand some aspects of Kido the woman was discussing. He was in fact quite versed in Kido, though it certainly was a bit dizzying to hear about how the woman described where she'd come from.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your loss." He blurted out when he heard about the passing of the woman's mother. Certainly he'd lost his parents when he was a bit on the old side, but it still felt so long ago that it was a distant memory if anything. But certainly he knew how that could affect people. He ..... slowly nodded as she explained the rest. Ah, he didn't know jack all about that noble stuff. "Eheh, I think there's a lot more regulations involved with the gotei than a family. But I admit I'm from the Rukongai so I don't know how Noble families handle that stuff. But hey, I'm certainly glad to have someone dedicated to the cause on board!" He asserted, perking up in his chair and glancing around.

"Though really, I don't know if I'd call our job boring. Sure there's a fair bit of paperwork to be done. But so long as things are being delegated properly, paperwork SHOULDN'T be piling up. Most of it is speaking with other members of the Gotei and making sure things are properly communicated and executed in the squads. As a matter of fact I'd say we probably see more field work than a few of the other more specialized squads since we also can oversee missions." He noted thoughtfully. Certainly the Lieutenant had been a big part of the recent mission in the Africa Incident. "So I certainly hope that you'll find it a bit more exciting and enjoyable than your last squad." He noted, promptly adopting his usual well-meaning earnest smile.
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7380/100Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:24 pm
KEI SAIONJI

Kei would definitely say if there was one thing about Igen that was memorable, it was his spirit. It was almost-infectuous. If Kei weren't possessed by an indominable noble spirit from her brother, things may have been different. She nodded in thanks to his acknowledgement of sympathy. Her mother's death wasn't too recent, but it was still something she thought about a lot. Kei had never stopped asking "What would Mother do" when approaching a situation about the household.

And then came what Kei thought as ignorance. Yes, there may not be as many set-in-stone laws that had to be followed, but running the household had a lot of unspoken rules. Most of these came from her brother and late mother. She wanted to be seen as fair, but strict. She could only take so much before a servant was to be let go. Kei did at least know that it wouldn't be a permanent situation. When her brother finally got hitched, she'd be free of that responsibility. Perhaps then she'd be able to let loose a bit.

"Sounds like a more dangerous version of what I already do at home." Kei let out a long, happy sigh. "Simple things such as making Servant A and B, who do not get along, never are the only two on shift, while also making sure Servant C, who is seeing Servant A, is never to be in the same wing alone with A... It's all about managing people." That may have a hint of noble superiority to it, but Kei wasn't about to catch that. It was, after all, exactly how it felt.

"Field work is perhaps where I have the least amount of actual experience. Since you've been Seated for far longer than I have here, I may come to you for advice—at least until I get a hang of it myself." That did have the ring of superiority, but not a noble one. Kei was someone who felt she could learn tasks quickly so long as she enjoyed them. Kei then leaned in closer and lowered her voice conspiratorially. "Are there any... particular issues between members of our Division that I should be aware of?"

Tsubine's Character List
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:16 pm
Igen tilted his head a little as Kei gave her response and thoughts about what it took to run a noble house. Simple enough. At uh.... least until she got into the finer details of the staffing. His brows furrowing just a little. Were the staff really in such a state that they couldn't be trusted to behave professionally despite interpersonal problems and ....well...relations? Sure there had been some issues over the years, but squad members had been expected to conduct their jobs despite any such issues. Then again, maybe things were a bit looser with Nobles. He had really no idea what ...well...went INTO the staff for a Noble's house. So he decided to keep his thoughts to himself on that.

"Huh. I see. Admittedly Direct management of people is kinda the Squads jobs to do themselves. First Division doesn't exactly hold everyone's hand or anything. In terms of our own division we handle that stuff, but our job as far as the other squads mostly has to do with just protocols, information, and making sure everyone knows what's going on." He murmured. Which was a pretty aggressive simplification, but well, they'd be here all day if he went into specifics.

"Oh, well I'd be happy to give advice if you ever need it! I'm just a Twentieth Seat so if they needed an eye out in the field, I was usually one of the first people sent out." He noted with a sheepish smile, certainly rather pleased that the woman had something she'd be looking to him to help with! Certainly as their new upper level officer, he'd want to do his best so that she could do her job as best she could. He didn't even catch the ring of superiority in her voice.
"Uh.... no not really? At least nobody comes to mind in the squad itself. Why do you ask?"

Frankly he couldn't imagine any issues lasting for very long under Lieutenant Masamune's watch. Anything that got in the way of getting their work done was usually dealt with pretty quickly.
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7380/100Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:15 pm
KEI SAIONJI

Kei was a little confused. She knew that the First wasn't a combat division first and foremost. That was part of what drove her away from the Second. But she was also under the impression that they had other duties besides paperwork. But with that explanation, Kei felt this job might was a walking, talking manual with sticky notes about a meeting attached to it. She'd have to go back to her notes from her re-application process. However, that was a question for her Captain rather than a 20th Seat. If she asked Erika, she expected the answer to the question of "So what is my job?" to be "Your duties as a member of the First Division."

Kei switched gears to a more personnel level. She'd like to know at least some rumors that were swirling about. And either Igen didn't know or there weren't any and the First was truly a droll place to work. "One thing I've noticed over the years is that subordinates don't always go their direct superior officer with complaints or issues. They may come to someone lower-ranked or even equal rank but higher seniority. In a way, your position as 20th Seat probably makes you seem more approachable than others."

"To simplify, I don't want to be caught off-guard by a personal situation that everyone knows about but me because I'm viewed as too hard-to-approach or something along those lines." She sighed. She felt she was at least going to be more approachable than the Lieutenant. The Captain? No idea. The only thing Kei knew for sure was being a Captain meant a full schedule. "But if nothing comes to mind, then I trust that operations aren't falling apart behind the scenes."

Tsubine's Character List
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:29 pm

Igen smiled, remaining largely unaware of the impression that he had given in regards to First Division's activities as a combat squad. All the same, he nodded along as she started to .... further delve into the realm of ... rumors? He tilted his head ever so slightly and found himself to be briefly a little perplexed. Certainly, he understood what it was she was asking him. This was a sensation so very familiar to what he'd experienced in the Acadamy. Some people liked to ask about rumors and gossip, though certainly that had fallen off a bit once he'd joined the gotei. OR at least it had for the most part. Though not entirely it'd seem. But then again, nobles.

"Ah I see. Well uh, I don't really know anything about what's going on in the division. Everyone's been pretty busy between the New Recent addition of the Eigth Division, as well as overseeing the incident in Africa. Myself and Lieutenant Masamune actually handled things personaly. I imagine you'll likely be called in as well eheh. I guess there's also the investigation in regards to the Incident in the City of Lights concerning Ichigo Kurosaki, though I think Seventh and Fifth have taken over that end of things. Still, I imagine it probably won't be long until you're called on to see a bit of action, especially in Africa. Uh.... we've had a lot happen lately. There kinda really hasn't been any time for gossip lately." HE noted with a sheepish smile. Then pausing to tilt his head to the side.

"I admit, I certainly look forward to seeing you active in the field. I've never actually seen a proper kido user in action before. Though I've been training myself a lot with it lately. I'd love to see what you can do sometime." He added with a good-natured ear to ear smile. After all, she DID come in as a Third Seat. He was certainly curious to see what her level of combat capability was.
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:21 pm
KEI SAIONJI

"I had heard the rumors about the incident in the City of Lights..." Kei shook her head. She hadn't been there, but many of her former colleagues shared their (exagerrated) tales of when he shattered the Sōkyoku. It wasn't too hard to believe that there was something wrong with him. Even if he had been right in the end, the whole process left her with a lot of paperwork. She almost had a grudge against him...

"As for Africa, I only know things have been busy. If we're having to send Lieutenants..." Kei began to catalogue what she'd need to bring for an extended deployment. She'd have to find out what the climate in Africa was like aside from "probably hot." "If nothing else, this would allow me to get more re-acquainted with policies and procedures."

When Igen spoke about her Kidō, Kei's ego spiked. "Kidō is the most versatile art of the Shinigami. It's why I learned it, and why I eventually will master it. Perhaps we'll spar some time and I can give you advise on what to focus on." Kei's smile hinted at something wicked. "After all, isn't that what a superior officer is for? Now tell me, what is it that you specialize in? It's better to coordinate resources after all."

Tsubine's Character List
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:44 pm

Igen nodded as she aknowledged she'd heard about the incidents themselves, though when she made the comment about Captains being deployed he couldn't help but chuckle lightly. "It was the initial strike force that could be put together on short notice. So far Lieutenant and other lower seated officers have been sufficient to control the area, but it's an ongoing situation." He noted though certainly he might argue that Erika was a little closer to Captain level than Lieutenant level. But well, its not like he had a full understanding of the strength of the current gotei captains as it were. There certainly were a lot of grey areas these days.

Though as the subject moved onto training Igen promptly brightened up! A smile flashing across his face as he puffed his chest a little. "OH! Well I've been training a lot lately actually! I sortof am a little unsure of what to do with Ko." He noted, turning to glance toward his Zanpaku'to spirit, whom had fallen asleep off to the side for the time being. Apparently she hadn't found the conversation very stimulating. "At this point I WOULD manifest her and train for Bankai. But uh... she's kinda just always just been out and about. So I've just been continuing as normal. I have gotten quite a bit better at fighting with her though. But that aside, I've been mostly working on my Kido and Hakuda skills." He noted before promptly indicating his bared back and shoulders with his thumb.

True, Igen's choice of uniform did come off a bit ....well...girly. His bright pink hair, his feminine physique, and of course the modified uniform certainly gave that impression. But aesthetics was hardly why he had it on. "I've been training my butt off for a while now to try and learn Shunko! I've gotten pretty close as of late, I don't even burn myself when I try to use it, I'm really hoping I'll be able to pull it off properly soon. Though uh... it's been a little rough, I'm not really used to using so much energy, so I usually pass out whenever I pull it out. But I'm making progress on my stamina." He added, a hint of embarassment to that point. But well, if Kei was any kind of expert on Kido, she'd be well aware of the complexity of what he was trying to achieve. Kido by itself was very hard to pull off, trying to mix it with Hakuda was not only much harder, but rarer to actually pull off, with a mere handful of Shunko users in the past.

IF nothing else, the young man was ambitious, and that showed clear as day on that big smiling face of his.
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:09 pm
KEI SAIONJI

As Igen explained more about what he was training for, something clicked in her mind. Though, however, it wasn't anything to do with his skills or anything of that nature. Oh so he's not just flamboyant... That did help Kei some, somehow. However, he began talking about Shunkō. That was something Kei had heard theories on and had done some minor research into it herself. But that was it. She quickly learned it wasn't of interest to her and shelved anything related to it.

"Well, I'm no hand-to-hand expert so I can't give any advice as to that." Kei began tapping her nails on her chair's arm. "I'll never be one of those that uses something like Shunkō. It's just not in my wheelhouse. And I doubt it'll ever be." She laughed lightly. "If anything, the only thing like that'd I'd be capable of is compounding Kidō or somehow mixing Kidō and Hohō."

"But as for you, I'd look at figuring out what styles of Kidō you're most compatible with and trying to incorporate that into your Shunkō." Kei shifted slightly. "Your Kidō ends up being a central part of it, obviously, but likely not in the way you think. Based on the limited research I've done, the type of Kidō you wrap yourself in dictates a lot of how the technique works. If you go with something that you're not very compatible with, it may fail."

Kei then turned to eye Ko briefly. "As for your Zanpakutō, my brother is who I'd go to about Zanjutsu and attempting to learn how to better use your Zanpakutō. His name is J. I think he's joining the... Sixth? Maybe the Seventh? We've both been busy enough we haven't had the time to see each other recently so I'm not sure, but if you'd like I can drop your name off to see if he could assist."

Tsubine's Character List
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:28 pm

Kei's explanation certainly made sense. His head canted a bit to the side as she explained how such an alteration of the technique would likely never be something she partook in. And he certainly supposed that that made sense. For most who excelled in Kido, Hakuda wasn't really in their forte, and vice versa. They weren't schools of exercise one usually mixed so easily, and he had to admit that it was an interesting mix of capabilities that produced such a technique, unique if he'd ever thought so. "I DID actually learn a bit about that. I wound up trying a few different uhhhhh....I guess you could call them...blueprints? I admit it's....still led to mixed results. I don't even really know if I've found one that works. Or really even if what I've been doing could be called Shunko. But I'd certainly appreciate a bit of help finding what fits." He noted with a pleased smile and a nod.

The mention of the woman's brother did make him perk up. "Oh, you joined together? That's awesome! Is he going for a seated position as well?"" He ventured. Certainly there was no reason to make assumptions, but it didn't hurt to ask, certainly. "As for uh... help? I'm not really in any hurry. After all Zanjutsu is all about your relationship with your Zanpaku'to right? Well, I think I probably have one of the best ways to improve that anyway. I pretty much spend all day with Ko. It's practically like I'm in Jinzen twenty four seven." He reasoned with a smile, glancing fondly over to the zanpaku'to as she napped. He had to admit, he had been a little....scared after what Katori had explained to him. It was ..... rough.

But now with what he was doing with Ko? He couldn't imagine a better partner he could have asked for.
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:41 pm
KEI SAIONJI

"Oh, definitely. I wouldn't be surprised if he went for a Lieutenant's position. He's far stronger than I am." There was only one man Kei would gush over: her brother. She was the proudest younger sister ever, and that'd likely never change. J was someone who epitomized "practice what you preach." "I believe he'll be one of the first to apply for any Captain vacancies that open."

Igen explained more about his Zanpakutō. She still didn't quite get what exactly was going on there. Things were a lot simpler when Zanpakutō weren't usually so... alive. Either way, Kei felt she had just about gotten her feel for Igen. Humbly ambitious with seemingly-decent morals and energy for days. She clasped her hands in her lap in order to give a signal that the subject was changing. "Is there anything more you'd like to know? I have an appointment with a decorator about un-drabbing this office before too long."

Tsubine's Character List
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum