Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Under Recover [Ajora/Mirai] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Under Recover [Ajora/Mirai] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Under Recover [Ajora/Mirai] - Page 3 Empty Re: Under Recover [Ajora/Mirai]

Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:47 pm
Under Recover [Ajora/Mirai] - Page 3 Mirai_PostingCasual2A
Mirai Takamatsu

The sparks of electrical spirit energy were an interesting, and in some ways, beautiful effect. They felt a bit too much for a spar, but if Ajora wanted to go that seriously, that was okay. Mirai wouldn’t exactly match such aggressiveness, so she chose to stay on the defensive. Anything she would do is counter to allow Ajora to push her offensive skills. However, even though Mirai’s skill with reikaku wasn’t special, it was decently accurate. Her job required the skill. This is why she was able to tell about where Ajora would actually pull off an attack: the front.

Taking advantage of her speed and flexibility, Mirai suddenly ducked down beneath the first incoming kick. Trying to block or parry would have been foolish. She already realized Ajora's strength was beyond her own, and dodging was always safer. And when the second kick came, all Mirai had to do was continue the motion. As Ajora's second kick whirled over her head, Mirai pushed one leg upwards, aiming for the underside of Ajora's jaw. At the same time, the bent leg that kept her grounded straightened and pushed her back up to a standing position.

"You seem to have a love for battle," Mirai said before she shunpo'd back. She chose not to attack again and ended up about ten feet away. "That look in your eyes is quite fierce." Mirai, on the other hand, was not the biggest fan of fighting. She knew how to do it well, but violence was something she only accepted because of her job. She found little pleasure in it, something Ajora might be able to sense in her tone. "And thank you... For the compliment, I mean." Mirai kept her stance up, continuing to wait for Ajora to make another attack. The more Mirai watched the woman, the better she would be able to advise her. She need more data.

End Post
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Under Recover [Ajora/Mirai] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Under Recover [Ajora/Mirai] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:57 pm
Under Recover [Ajora/Mirai] - Page 3 HEADER_FXhhVhrakAAi6cL

A grin flashed across her features as Mirai ducked the first sharp kick and then countered the second kick with one aimed toward Ajora, her brows lifting slightly. Of course the strike itself she saw coming, but the suddenness caught her off guard and she gritted her teeth as that foot snared her jaw, managing to avoid a full on hit, but still catching some of that kick as she landed back to the ground and leapt back, both of them grounding themselves once again.

As much as she could make up with her intellect, there was still quite a bit of finesse and skill Mirai could pull off that she could not. And she felt that thrill as a result. A pause however caught her expression and she stalled for just an instant as she parsed that comment. Love?

"Hm, I'm not sure I would consider it anything like that. I honestly never enjoy sparring. Everyone either gives up, half asses it, or just seems to think its a doomed venture. They see me as something above them, some of the upper classman can handle me well enough. But they aren't in most of my classes so sparring is rare. I would say, I simply love the look on your face." She smiled nice and wide. "a face without fear or that sense that they have already lost. can't deny that I am enjoying this considerably. And as for the compliment, you are very welcome." She chimed, before her body vanished, that loud sonido-like noise cracking through the air as she suddenly shot around Mirai, a fast lunge behind her and to her right, another shunpo behing her and to the left, before suddenly darting back to her original position.

A seemingly pointless motion, were it not for the trail of bright yellow reiryoku she'd left behind. Forming a bright yellow triangle surrounding Mirai. A hand flicked up to point at her. "Shitotsu Sansen." She declared, grinning as she executed the Kido without it's incantation all too happy to sacrifice power for catching the woman off guard, massive beaks of bright yellow energy erupting from the corners of the triangle before slamming inward to pin the woman from all sides. A very unique execution of the spell rather than drawing the triangle in the air. And immediately following the Kido, she shot inward, a full body motion executing a straight open palm strike to the woman's chest, aiming to knock the wind out of her.
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Under Recover [Ajora/Mirai] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Under Recover [Ajora/Mirai] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:56 pm
Mirai Takamatsu

Ajora was not entirely wrong about sparring, but Mirai saw that as a very negative view. She used sparring to keep up fundamentals, to make sure she didn't get rusty. Sparring to go all out could get someone killed, especially if the terms of the spar weren't agreed upon beforehand. Their current spar was a good example. They talked about Hakuda and helping Ajora get better at that, yet Ajora was throwing up high level restraining kido? She wasn't coming off as a very trustworthy sparring partner, so Mirai could understand where others may want to avoid her all together.

There was that snapping sound again, like a crack of electricity whenever Ajora utilized shunpo. Or was it something else? It did not seem to carry the exactly same characteristics as the technique she was used to. The first yellow line of reiryoku formed, then the second started. Mirai moved. It was a quick and simple use of shunpo to rush her through the open end of the triangle before Ajora could close it.

Ajora adjusted well, reacting quickly to Mirai's movement. An open palm aimed straight for her chest. Mirai knew she couldn't fully block it, but she rapidly wrapped an open hand in reiryoku and placed it between Ajora's palm and her chest. Instead of the full force, she used her reiryoku as a way of cushioning the blow. There was a low, pained grunt and she slid back a few feet before taking in a sharp breath.

In a moment, Mirai slid the already formed reiryoku to the tip of her index finger and aimed a powerful flick at Ajora's chest, mimicking the woman's target zone. The technique was Oni Dekopin. She did not put much power behind it, but there would likely be enough to send Ajora back if she struck her. "That was a hakuda technique, not kido." Mirai said, her tone trying to push a certain point as she retook her fighting stance. "Do you have a habit of falling back to what you're comfortable with in combat? Is that what that was? I'm adept at it, but I don't teach kido."

End Post
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Under Recover [Ajora/Mirai] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Under Recover [Ajora/Mirai] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:18 pm
Under Recover [Ajora/Mirai] - Page 3 Cchw2v2gv2_HEADER_

She had sharp reflexes. Sharper than she expected. The woman had been able to discern what was happening even in the midst of a high speed execution, even before Ajora had been able to finish the spell. Even so, the prompt counter caught her attention, and she raised her left arm as she intercepted the sudden explosive strike, tensing as the force ran through her arm, causing those claws to creak as she slid back, a soft sigh escaping her before she closed her eyes for a moment and then glanced back up to the woman. Her brows raising for a moment as she let her head tilt a bit to the side. "I noticed. That was....interesting." She murmured, staring pointedly at the woman's hand, having made note of the motion of energy before the attack. IT was not quite what she had expected. Even so, that secondary question was met with a pause.

"At times. However, you had expressd an interest in my Reiryoku control. And this spar was a means of establishing my current capabilities and what room I have for growth. And I felt that kido fell within the realm of demonstrating my Reiryoku control. So it was a conscious decision. Though I will admit I also wanted to see your counter." She admitted with a sigh, her shoulders slumping for a moment as she lightly ran the nail of her thumb along her chin.

"I apologize if I've upset you." She noted softly, lightly lowering her head a bit in apology before glancing back up to the woman. "Should I also abstain from Hoho?"
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:58 pm
Mirai Takamatsu

"Mm... I supposed you have a point." Mirai said, letting it go. She wasn't the type to debate the explanations people gave her; she learned to relent to all that years ago. She knew she had a strange outlook on the world and the people in it. Well, maybe not strange, but different enough that it often caused friction between herself and people she met. over the years, she had just gotten used to misunderstandings.

"No need to apologize," Mirai said, dropping her arms, but still mostly in her combat stance and expecting another sudden attack. "Ajora, if you choose to dedicate yourself to this Division, you may find yourself paranoid, mistrusting of anyone you meet, assuming the worst... because that will be a lot of what you see. Not everyone is ready for this life. For your sake, make sure that's what you want."

End Post
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:19 am

Ajora nodded and straightened herself up, relaxing slightly as Mirai also lowered her stance. Having presumed that for now, despite accepting the Apology, that Mirai likely was not keen on continuing their little bout. And some small part of Ajora sighed internally at the fact. All the same, she tilted her head slightly as Mirai offered such a warning.

Huh. And not a warning she quite expected. At least not this early, but she certainly took a moment to let the wman say her piece. A fair warning, she supposed, but one that perhaps said a lot more about Mirai than it did this particular job. After all, such things were a matter of subjectivity. Was distrust in her fellow shinigami what Mirai had most garnered from this? Either it was or Mirai was giving her advice that she knew didn't apply to everyone.

"That's fine. I already don't trust in anyone." She noted simply.
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:44 pm
Mirai Takamatsu

Mirai went silent. Thought had to be put into whatever response she came up with. She tried to dissect how serious Ajora was about not trusting anyone. Was that one of those casual, angst filled statements that couldn’t be taken at face value, or was that a serious, blanket fact, which would make Ajora look like a paranoid psychotic. Either way, both of those weren’t anything Mirai had interest in dealing with.

"How disappointing," Mirai said, dropping her stance fully. There was no point in continuing the spar. "You must live a very lonely life if you truly trust no one."

End Post
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:20 pm

Ajora paused for a moment at that and offered a soft smile. Certainly it wasn't hard to know what was going on in Mira's thoughts, even less when the woman spoke up. And for a moment, she looked the woman up and down, a soft hum sounding.

"Perhaps. One of my Professors has expressed concern about it. And has asked that I consider opening up more. Try to make friends. That being all alone will come to haunt me in the end." She noted calmly, closing her eyes for a moment befre turning to Mirai and giving the woman a thoughtful look.

"I'm a little hungry after that scuffle. I don't suppose you would be inclined to join me for some food? If I didn't scare you off with the smile comment."
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:56 am
Mirai Takamatsu

The smile Ajora offered only increased Mirai's suspicion of the woman. While their conversation had been as pleasant as could be, there was something off putting about Ajora's attitude, like she was over analyzing Mirai's behavior and words. Mirai was not one who liked being put under the microscope, even though that was often a part of her own job. She ignored it, like she ignored many other things.

"Sure, I don't mind." She was hungry enough, and her training session had gone on long enough, even before Ajora arrived. She took the time to clean up her targets and put away her weapons before tagging along with her strange new acquaintance. Maybe talking over food would help build a trust between them.

End Post
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum