Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Saramanda, ooh ohh! [Calypso/Akira] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Saramanda, ooh ohh! [Calypso/Akira] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Saramanda, ooh ohh! [Calypso/Akira] - Page 3 Empty Re: Saramanda, ooh ohh! [Calypso/Akira]

Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:06 am

Calypso Gandr| Descendant Of Ao Kuang

"Then take it from another angle" Calypso would reply, flicking her fingers. "If you fear facing the deep Truth of who you are, then go find a girlfriend. Fall in love, get married, defend her honour, better yourself for her sake. Or man, if you are like that. Or both, if you are like that. Become a better person, and in being a better person, you can better handle on the deep Truth of who you are. Alternatively, let them take over. If confrontation is so terrifying, then simply give them the wheel. No need to worry about anything, then"

"As for how he did it, no idea. Maybe he's a Vizard as well. I know Hvit gave me some killer regeneration capabilities when she was around, so maybe that as it. But I mangled his arm, and then pop, his arm was good as new"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Saramanda, ooh ohh! [Calypso/Akira] - Page 3 Empty Re: Saramanda, ooh ohh! [Calypso/Akira]

Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:24 am
Saramanda, ooh ohh! [Calypso/Akira] - Page 3 Makishima-Shougo-quotes-27

AKIRA TAIRITSU

The man couldn’t help but chuckle a little at Calypso’s rather blunt truths that many often didn’t wish to confront on a larger scale, tilting his head. He knew all of this of course, there wasn’t many options. Let it win, dominate it or remain in limbo. It was either risk life, lose life or do not live life. Shit situation by all accounts.

"I’ll snap my fingers and forge a girlfriend, I am certain it will answer all my prayers. I do not think my life is akin to a tale of beauty and the beast, Calypso or some odd twist on Jekyll and Hyde. Your angle is something I am fully aware of, I can though accept that understanding this is the case and truly finding a way around it are different. We all battle demons. Mine are a little more literal, but I would wager even if you fight with internal issues, regardless if you can expressively channel them positively.

Akira then pushed himself off the tree behind him, merely admiring the view, or what was once the serenity of it until a crater was formed.

"If I’m going to have a therapist, I suppose a pretty redhead isn’t the worst one could have. I’m sure you’ve met many on your own travels by the sounds of it, who else have you brought grand revelations to?

END OF POST

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Saramanda, ooh ohh! [Calypso/Akira] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Saramanda, ooh ohh! [Calypso/Akira] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:40 am

Calypso would smile, and snap her fingers.

"There is no negative emotion. Only the negative application of emotion. Ulv uses rage fit to shatter the heavens as a bulwark to defend her people. Hvit is pride embodied, and in it she supports all her subjects to the best of her ability. Because a Queen without subjects, is just a pretentious hobo. Fear keeps you alive, desire keeps you moving, gluttony keeps you fit. You merely have to grasp them and be in control of them"

"As for who" Calypso would get off the tree, and stare into the horizon. "I don't know. Words can be spoken , but it is down to the other to listen. I hope I brought it to Yuuto and Kenichi and Vanyel and Santa. But I can not be sure"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:53 am

AKIRA TAIRITSU

Calypso had fair points, though Akira wasn’t going to jump head first into a frenzy of life after assuring his own isolation for so long. The alternative of little by little was certainly a possibility, though the redirection of the engagement had somewhat succeeded, she was worth spending time with and by extension, engaging with. It was calming knowing she’d fought Shinigami, it granted him some closure in that not everyone was so buddy buddy with them.

"Truly? Well I mean they should all be grateful for having someone to reveal such obvious self reflections. Many go through life without ever having to acknowledge that, though I suppose you have somewhat decided to live carefree. What is it you think is negative about you? To have such experience, you certainly must have done it to yourself.

END OF POST

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:37 am

"Just because it's obvious, doesn't mean it's true. But yes, the ability to step sideways and watch your life is a trick not everyone has" Calypso would reply, taping the tree behind her with a knuckle and catching a nut that fell from a branch.

"But, there is nothing truly negative about me" she would say, cracking open and eating the nut. "Anger is used in defence of those you care for. Pride and Envy are used to motivate one to progress further. Fear is used to keep a person alive in bad situations. Wulin simply teaches you to be who you are, and let nothing stand in the way of that. And so that is what I do"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:16 am

AKIRA TAIRITSU

Calypso’s way of life definitely held merit in the grand scheme of things, something he could acquire and within the future, maybe implement in his current situation. Wulin. There were quite a few spiritual methods of meditation and by extension enlightenment. Akira could recall a time of which his own outlook on life was similar, everyone had elements of negativity, it was about their expression which was important.

"You have studied Wulin long then or been some form of spiritualist? Most would claim such is outright negative though I have never shared the belief that the so called Sins or one’s flaws ar actually cruxes. Certainly double edged without moderation. Too much envy can blind one onto what they currently have, enough Pride and you’ll find little company so high. Though an edged sword for too little of it, well…Creates unfortunate people.

He chuckled softly.

"I’ve always found it ironic that you can be self aware of so much about yourself yet there are situations where still, despite all this insight, your body and core refuses to advance and take the course of action necessary to break that cycle.

END OF POST

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:17 am

"Mmm, there are no negative emotions in the world. Merely negative applications of emotion. As they say, 'it's the dose that makes the poison'" Calypso would scran the nut, and then look up at the tree for a moment.

"There is, of course, the issue of riptides and whirlpools. Emotions are rarely so neat and tidy. It's nice to speak philosophical, but who here claims mastery of Self in the most heated of moments? Even the icon of emotional balance that was Ulv disappeared when everyone turned their back on her. However well you build, there is always an Earthquake of sufficient magnitude that will bring you down. The world's most stable stance means nothing with no floor"

She'd then look down to him and grin.

"Ignore the fact that Ulv could fly, for this metaphor"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:16 am

AKIRA TAIRITSU

Akira offered a rather relaxed shrug to Calypso’s response, smirking a little at the concept overall but there held merit to such a statement. It was one thing to say something but another to truly uphold certain doctrines, self reliance and movement was an affair that most held in high regard but shockingly didn’t realize it wasn’t sticking in their day to day life. It takes quite a large amount of willpower to follow a life like that.

"That’s who we are. Those riptides and whirlpools, a truth of many is by extension is we often live two lives. We have the one that is structured, a choice to be, as I choose to be one thing and you another. We can choose to ignore our baser urges, those traits, either good or bad by any definition. Then-

He tapped on the tree behind him.

"We have what we are. The tree may dictate otherwise but it doesn’t change that it is a tree, people are far more nuanced due to this of course. To balance though how much of such an ocean we decide to go under with is where the fight comes in, some are blessed with their innate nature being as easy as carefree or humble. Others must contend with the desire to inflict pain but make the choic to avoid it..

END OF POST

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:33 am

"Mmm. A Tree is a perfect analogy for a person" Calypso would reply, stepping up to it. "It resists a push, and stays firm" she'd plant her hand on it and give it a gentle push.

"But there is no upper limit, there is no point where another bad thing is not bad because three bad things have happened before" Calypso would begin to push the tree harder. No reaction at first, but then a crunch of bark, and a crack of the trunk. "And often, it comes from where we do not expect. Not the source, but a thing going wrong because of the strain we are under"

Finally, the back of the tree would snap under the force, and collapse to the ground, ripping apart the still sound parts under it's own, unsupported weight.

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Valqy
Valqy
Established Member

Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:39 pm

AKIRA TAIRITSU

That poor tree.

Akira watched with an idle stare at the way Calypso used this to illustrate a rather important lesson about life, external forces can always buckle any intention to grow but also tear us from our roots. This tree had been a tree, comfortable, able to withstand the pressures of this lands weather and other sources, though an anomaly, Calypso came and broke it. It would never have expected it nor been able to withstand such a brutal, unseen threat.

"Forgive me, that would have been entertaining if you were unable to break the tree.

He cackled a little, mouth raising to cover his mouth at the hilarity of this idea and could have ruined the philosophical tension of it all. Shifting now to look at the fractured tree, tilting his head slightly at the poor lifeforms circucmstance.

"Conflict breeds strength. They often fight for peace though, which by extension leads to a drastic change in strength over time, so when another anomaly comes by, it buckles and breaks. The Roman Empire suffered this. I believe the Gotei 13 only attacked the Quincy to embrace a level of refinement of their skills, fear they’d have a true rival.

There was a level of severity to his tone, exhaling softly once more before glancing about at the scenery and then to Calypso, golden hues sticking to her own for these moments with the intent to truly garner anything special about her reiatsu that might be an indication of blood. This family blood atleast.

"Ironic. I come here so frequently to refine my skills, though it is also so painfully clear that all I am doing is assuring them they do not dwindle. It has been years since I had an engagement which felt like I had taken a step forward without lying to myself that this is the case, for that I am appreciative. Engaging with you others isn’t as bad as I once thought. For now.

END OF POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum