Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wise or Whimsical? [Al'in, Violet] Left_bar_bleue0/0Wise or Whimsical? [Al'in, Violet] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wise or Whimsical? [Al'in, Violet] Empty Wise or Whimsical? [Al'in, Violet]

Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:02 pm
Wise or Whimsical? [Al'in, Violet] B5kWyzJ
Al'in mir Azizi | The Gilded Rogue

The beach had been quieter than usual the past few months. With everything that had gone on, events both at home and abroad, the mood in the city appeared to be quite muted. But Al'in of Azizi had not lost his colour. Garbed as usual in a flowing robe and golden finery, the man of the desert appeared to be unfazed by the changes happening around him. He was an outsider to most, a stranger who had never truly tried to immerse himself in the ways of metropolitan living and instead offered insight into a culture quite unlike their own. One where doom and gloom were not unfamiliar concepts, but were greeted with the same reverence that one gave to an old friend.

Lounging in a makeshift hammock, set up between two trees on the side of a footpath that ran along the coast, he was observing passersby with a seemingly leisurely air. He was a law unto himself it seemed, though he did not go out of the way to cause any trouble for the actual law enforcement, just a little loitering here and there that they didn't seem to mind. Unfazed by any perplexing glances he was cast, he rocked from side to side and let that emerald gaze wander onto another that was casting her gaze in his direction.

He waved her over lazily, half-expecting her to just turn away, but there was always the chance that they were someone a little more interesting. The vibrant hair was certainly a telltale sign that might be the case.

Ghosts of Yesterday | END POST
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wise or Whimsical? [Al'in, Violet] Left_bar_bleue1570/100Wise or Whimsical? [Al'in, Violet] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Wise or Whimsical? [Al'in, Violet] Empty Re: Wise or Whimsical? [Al'in, Violet]

Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:07 am
Wise or Whimsical? [Al'in, Violet] Vi_PostingHeader11
Enter: Violet Gardner | The Rebellious Runaway

Most of Violet’s time was closer to the center of the city. She had yet to visit what she was told were beautiful beaches and resorts. Finally having a day off and some money saved, she made her way to the beach. Though she would have preferred some company, everyone else was busy. Aidan had the shop and Solomon had a pretty important job to do, so she was walking down a path alone, stretching her arms high and tight for a bit of the relief that came with it.

In lowering her arms, she realized a man was waving at her. Unexpected, but she realized he might have thought her waving at him first. Out of some weird need to be polite, she walked over and waved again. “Hello, don’t you lo-…” Violet’s eyes took in the unique garb that she only saw in certain magazines back at work. Until recently, fashion had never been something she cared too much about. Apparently though, her style drew people in, but so did this guy’s! She loved it!

“You’re outfit is amazing. Where do you shop? Haven’t seen that style anywhere I’ve found. Though… with that quality, I doubt I’d be able to afford it.”

End Post
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wise or Whimsical? [Al'in, Violet] Left_bar_bleue0/0Wise or Whimsical? [Al'in, Violet] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:01 am
Wise or Whimsical? [Al'in, Violet] TBIsH4w

Ah, she was approaching and even waving back. Finally, someone with a proper sense of manners. Pushing himself up from his lounging, so that his back was resting against one of the trees, Al'in assessed his visitor again now that he was no longer horizontal. Here by herself and willing to approach a total stranger, likely not on any important business or intending to meet someone, but good-natured and open. He did like that.

"Hello indeed, and welcome to this corner of the beach. I assume this is your first time, else I would have seen you before."

At the comments on his garments, a playful blush dashed across his cheeks. Waving a hand dismissively, as if his outfit did not deserve the praise that it so clearly warranted, he flashed her a toothy grin and slipped free from his perch with a grace that made it look effortless.

"What if I told you that I had not paid a single coin for it? Surely you would not believe me, but it is quite an outrageous claim to make isn't it?" The flash of gold hanging from his ears and neck reflecting the sunlight certainly alluded to a potential deception, and Al'in's energy certainly seemed to be one of a trickster, but would she bite? He waited for a moment or two before a snicker broke from his lips and he shook his head in apology. "I jest, of course, but it was not as expensive as you might think. The fabrics I find as castoffs, then it is about working the materials into a form that I find much more respectable. I could show you a thing or two, if you had the time."

"Al'in mir Azizi, resident of this here stretch of sand and at your service. To whom do I have the pleasure of sharing in this joy of fine tailoring?" His hand shot out towards her own, offering to take hold of it in an exaggerated greeting.

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Wise or Whimsical? [Al'in, Violet] Left_bar_bleue1570/100Wise or Whimsical? [Al'in, Violet] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:46 am

Seeing him get up, Violet realized he really was waving her over. Okay, sure. She could approach a total stranger in broad daylight on a semi-populated beach. This should be fine. Of course, last time she gave some stranger the benefit of the doubt, she ended up running for her life and he murdered a guy! But what could go wrong? “Yeah, I’m new to the beach, but I’ve been in the city for a while now.”

Violet’s excitement over his outfit was genuine, until he claimed to not pay for it. That sent up a red flag or two, not that she could blame him. Clothes were expensive, and even she met her best friend by robbing him. Should she say something? “Paying nothing for it? Was it a gift, maybe?” Violet said, her face cringing as if she didn’t believe that. She sighed, “Please tell me you didn’t steal it. The whole thing comes together fabulously, but stealing? Don’t d-…”

When he began snickering, she raised an eyebrow. The stranger clad in gold was messing with her. How he explained it made her Violet think he may have made it himself. She blinked, impressed. She much preferred that as his answer. His introduction came off as a second language. It took Violet a second to realize that was his name. She smiled and reached out, taking his hand; she loved his energy!!

“My name’s Violet Gardner. I live… that way,” she said, waving off toward the city. “While I would love to learn to sew, I doubt I have that kind of skill. I work in a fashion boutique that focuses on contemporary looks for the City of Light. I’ve recently been promoted, so I’ve been asked to do a little research on new looks. I usually browse the internet for something new, but I hadn’t seen anything like this.” Violet gestured to his whole outfit, taking note of the cut and the accent pieces.

“Wait,” Violet stopped after realizing what Al’in said. “Did you say you live here? Like, on the beach? Do you not have like… a house? An apartment maybe?” She wouldn’t say it out loud, but the gold jewelry that definitely was real made him seem… rich. It’d be weird if he lived here, right? Though, a beautiful beach was not a bad choice.

End Post
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:39 pm

Al'in enjoyed that moment of perplexion that descended upon many when he gave them his name. The tongue of the wastes was not a common one, even his brother had discarded that name in favour of one that he found more befitting. A decision that Al'in understood, given all the pain that their family had caused them in truth, but could not quite shake. He would always be Azmi to him, after all.

"Charmed, Miss Violet." Flashing a playful grin, he did a little twirl for her, spinning around her arm in a manner similar to a pirouette. "You will not find any pieces quite like this on the internet, I imagine. Most of these techniques and styles were lost to the sands of time when my homeland was turned into the great wasteland it is known as today."

It sounded like a sombre topic and yet his attitude could not have been any less flustered, unfazed by his own words or perhaps even emboldened by them. And then came his noble pride, puffing out that chest just a little as he finally broke from her hand.

"Yes, I live here upon this very beach. But what I would call a house is perhaps not the same as you, it is a simple place of shelter wherein one rests their eyes on a night and departs come the dawn. Others have referred to it as living out of a tent, but I am not one to conform simply because it is expected of me. To be a Quincy is to be a bastion against corruption, is it not?"

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:40 am

Al’in brought about a joy in Violet that she did not recognize. His free and cheerful spirit was opposite her own. While he was willing to practically dance in front of a stranger, she buckled in on herself and let her insecurities control her. She admired his confidence as much, if not more, than she did his wondrous garb.

There were things she wanted to say, but the mention of being a Quincy caused he smile to fade. “You’re a Quincy?” Violet’s question hinted at envy. Her eyes shifted to the sand and water. “I’m supposed to be one too, but I suck. My own parents threw me out cause of how bad I was; can’t embarrass the family, ya know?” Unlike Al’in when he talked of his home, Violet did get upset at her story. Starring off at the water seemed a way to distract herself with something beautiful.

"Anyways!" Violet turned her attention back to him. "You ever get in the water?"

End Post
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:41 pm

Eyebrows perked up in surprise as she confessed her own failings so openly. She might have thought him the confident one, but Al’in believed wholeheartedly that it took more courage to admit your own failings than to gloat in your successes. His energy shifted from the pompous knight to something closer to a sage, as he scratched at his chin thoughtfully.

“As far as I know, it is not possible to stop being a Quincy once you become one. It is a choice that affects your very soul. Strength and skill at arms may make you a better fighter, but you are never any more of less a Quincy.”

Twirling away from her, Al’in followed that gaze of hers towards the sea as she grew distant. He knew a little better than to dig into her history without any more of an invitation. After all, it was not like he had told her anything genuine about his own.

“Why of course I do! There is a beauty to the great ocean, is there not? It is a fine luxury to have on my doorstep, and I take every opportunity to treasure it. If you have been here for a while then surely you must have done the same?”

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:22 am

In seeing his expression change, Violet clearly felt awkward. She probably should have shut her mouth instead of spouting all of that stuff about her. How stupid and pathetic and ugh! It was difficult to want to continue about that any further, especially since what almost came out of her mouth next was about how she never had a ‘choice’ in the matter. Too depressing for a first-meeting talk, right?

Looking out to the sea, Violet opened her mouth as if to speak, but she only released a sheepish chuckle. Her cheeks reddened only slightly as she rubbed the back of her head. “Well, no… Um…” Violet placed a hand on her shoulder and tugged at the thick strap over her shoulder. It was clearly not an undergarment but a bathing suit. “I told myself I could only go in if I officially conjure a spirit weapon!” Violet sighed. “At least that is the goal. Not many people on this beach, so I figured it would be a good place to push myself. My backyard just isn’t doing it anymore.”

End Post
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:04 am

"Aha, I see I see. So you seek to better yourself first then claim your reward second, how very diligent. But I suppose I would be a poor friend if I did not at least attempt to assist you in your endeavour if you would let me."

Glancing at her at his side, his gaze seemed to grow more intense as he took a professional measure of her. His initial appraisal had been little more than dancing across the surface, but now he was looking for something a little more telling. He had seen several other women wearing similar outfits and judged quite correctly that they were designed for use in the water, so she had come prepared to succeed. Once more, his lips curled upwards into a cheeky smile.

"So come, step into my humble domain and show me what you can do."

Offering out his hand again, this time for her to take if she wished, he guided her away from the trees and out into the beach proper. The sand was soothing as his feet glided across it, the heat seemingly no problem to this child of the desert as they made for a section of the beach which was occupied by no one else. Plenty of open space, just as one might desire for a practice space, with plenty of sheltered spots to take a rest and a clear run out to the ocean proper.

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:21 am

At the offer of assistance, Violet’s smile grew wide and her eyes seemed to sparkle with delight. “You would do that?” she asked. “I’d love the help! Maybe I’ll get it this time! Solomon’s been so busy lately that he hasn’t had time to help me out…”

Violet suddenly felt insecure under his gaze, slightly reddened cheeks giving that away. She was not sure exactly what he was looking at, though she knew some had extrasensory abilities. Maybe he was examining her potential in some way?

As his smile returned and he offered a hand, Violet hesitated. It was only for a moment, but a few thoughts whirled in her mind to make her rethink for that moment. Taking the chance, she reached out and took his hand, following him to the beach. She was not as experienced running along the beach, and her sandals slowed her down as they got caught under sand and flicked some up. She did her best not to trip, often squeezing Al'in's hand as she watched her feet to keep up with him. They found a secluded spot and Violet became entranced by the water.

"This place is beautiful..." she said, a soft smile gracing her features. With the desire to experience the water, she gave curt nod at herself and dropped her things. Since he already asked about what she could do, the first thing she showed him was the summoning of a basketball sized orb of reishi. It formed perfectly, the one thing she had been practicing to keep practicing her control. "This is really it. I haven't formed a weapon... I'm not sure why. I finally get how to use reishi, but... I'm stuck."

End Post
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum