Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
40 Fathoms (Saera, Hanako) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/040 Fathoms (Saera, Hanako) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

40 Fathoms (Saera, Hanako) - Page 2 Empty Re: 40 Fathoms (Saera, Hanako)

Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:47 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

40 Fathoms (Saera, Hanako) - Page 2 6EdIfMt

"A polearm?" Hanako echoed. It was indeed a stroke of bad luck that two Shinigami with exceptionally large Shikais would be trapped in a steel box on the ocean floor.
"Well, you could release it in one of the big rooms to use your ice. The last one was big enough even for me to release Bakumusha. But it still would be much too dangerous to use my Shikai down here."

Even without using Bakumusha's true and secret ability she couldn't risk it. Her Shikai could be used as a normal sword, without using the chain, and the massive blade and the armor sleeve would definitely give some kind of advantage down here. But as far as Hanako could tell, the danger involved would be much higher than the advantage gained. A normal Katana would give her a lot more maneuverability. The soothing vibration emanating from her sword told her that Bakumusha shared her assessment of the situation.

Hanako just wanted to respond to Saera's theories about this all not being a coincidence. Normally, without evidence, she would have dismissed it as paranoia. However, Hanako had some unique experiences that made her more inclined to accept such theories as possible. It may all be orchestrated, it may all be coincidence.

Before she could say anything the man that sat in front stirred and looked away from the other humans. He raised a hand and the screaming men fell silent. Then he seemed to hear something, turned fully around and let out a cry. With a start Hanako had her sword half drawn before she remembered that there were only humans with them.

" 'the fuck you're doin' on my station?" The man yelled.

The other humans looked around the room and at each other confused. Hanako looked at the man. He looked straight back. Suddenly he had something black in his hand. The light was too dim to make out exactly what it was, but Hanako was fairly certain it was a weapon.

"I asked you what you're doin here!" He yelled again. "Are you responsible for this shit?" He pointed behind him. The other humans still looked confused and increasingly frightened.

"Harry...what is wrong?" It was the woman who asked.

"Can't you see them? Those two there?" He pointed at Saera and Hanako with his weapon. It seemed to be a gun of sorts.

It was the moment Hanako used to act. It was one of the two abilities Bakumusha granted her even in his sealed state. It required no movement or effort on her part. The effect was little, but when the distance was so small and her target so clear, it was enough.

The man called Harry suddenly looked puzzled and his gaze lost focus for a second, as if he was trying to remember something. It didn't last long...but long enough.
With a quick flash step Hanako was next to him and had the gun wrenched out of his hand and smashed in her hand before the effect of her memory slip ability finally wore off completely. Now finally the other three humans realised that something really was off, when Harry's gun flew from his hands and disintegrated in thin air.

'Only he can see us.' she realised.

"Listen." She said aloud. "We're not here to harm you. We're not even here by choice. Stay calm for a moment and I explain who we are and how we got here."

Harry was too shocked about the speed with which Hanako had disarmed hin. Obviously not one very used to supernatural beings. The other ones just watched him stare blankly into thin air for a few moments.

"Harry, what's wrong?" Asked the woman again.

"Wait a moment." He said, listened for another few seconds and then turned to the other humans.

"There are some...ah...Shinigami with us." He started to explain. The others made some grunting noises and nodded. Everyone, even non-spiritually-aware humans knew the basic outlines of the supernatural world. He gave a summary of Saera's and Hanako's story and everyone calmed down a little. Harry still seemed uneasy and looked anxiously from Saera to Hanako and back and especially kept eyeing their swords.

"I'm Harry," he began an introduction.
"This is my wife Sally. Bob and Mike. We are scientists. You'd be surprised how much of the ocean floor is still unknown to humanity."

"Interesting." Said Hanako and turned to Saera, so that her back towards the screens and the humans, although only one of them could see and hear her.

"This all looks like nothing more than coincidence. But I'm inclined to agree with you: this doesn't feel right."

While Hanako talked to Saera, behind her back there was movement on the monitors. On one of them something could be seen drifting through the picture. It couldn't be seen long, but it was big and it was clearly silhouetted against the dark water. It seemed to be completely white and big. It might have been a whale, the way it moved through the water…
Suddenly it turned and the silhouette became eerily humanoid.

And none of the humans or Hanako were able to see it, because all of them had their backs to the screens.

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]
Rose
Rose
Starter Member

Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:19 am
The man was lucky that Hanako took over talking to the big man who decided that now was a good time to get belligerent, though she could definitely understand where he was coming from. It was just that right now, she would have been more than happy to take out some of her frustration on a 'hostile' new comer. Not killing him of course, she was supposed to protect humans, but roughing him up a little, intimidating him to doing what needed to be done? Saera wasn't so deluded as to pretend that's not exactly the route she would have taken, and she wasn't ashamed of it either.

Especially after the idiot pulled a gun, as if that was going to help him somehow.

Regardless, Saera didn't get to vent as Hanako handled the situation, which was admittedly for the best. Unfortunately after talking to the man, and hearing his story, Hanako had agreed with Saera's earlier thoughts about the situation, which really didn't help her feelings of frustration and tension. At this point she knew that something worse was going to happen, she didn't know what, or when, but she really doubted her day would be getting any less shitty any time soon.

Seeing the look of confusion on the man's face when Hanako referenced her previous speculations Saera decided to clarify, if only to give herself something to focus on.

"Harry, this whole thing stinks worse than a fresh compost heap in July. Do any of y'all have any idea how rare non-spiritually aware humans are now? And you, nearly an entire family of such humans, just happen to be the ones sent down to the bottom of the ocean where no one can check up on you and you can't detect the few threats that could easily survive down here? This ain't right."

The man looked like he was about to say something before she cut him off, "But regardless of my feelins, what's got you all so worked up?"

Harry looked like he wanted to keep talking about Saera's suspicions, but he glanced towards his family and decided not to risk them catching on, or at least that's what Saera thought the look was about, before he started to go into details about the situation. Apparently something had been destroying their sensors, and one of their number, probably another family member, had died trying to investigate what was happening, which explained the torn up diving suit from earlier.

A suit that had very clearly been torn to shreds by something angry.

The man also mentioned strange vibrations and noises that coincided with the sensors going down, and mentioned something about a great white whale shape he kept seeing on the monitors. The others, when they heard him mention it, looked like they'd heard him go on about it before and didn't believe him.

The only one who could see spiritual beings.
Who saw a giant moving whale shape far deeper than a whale should go.

Soul king this man had a stupid family.

After hearing everything Saera turned to Hanako, "Yeah. This ain't a coincidence."
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
40 Fathoms (Saera, Hanako) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/040 Fathoms (Saera, Hanako) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:28 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako just grunted and nodded, her gaze ending somewhere in the air between herself and the next wall. In her memories she revisited the few but memorable occasions she had been manipulated by a certain group of Hollows. The more she thought about it, the more it really seemed as if it was no coincidence. But if it really wasn’t...was there a connection? Or was she becoming paranoid and started imagining things?
After a moment Hanako looked at Saera.

“The question is...what can we do about it? I mean...without killing the humans.” she asked in a low voice

“Hey, watcha talkin’ about?” asked Harry from behind. Hanako turned around. Her cold stare silenced the man almost instantly.

“How deep down are we?” she asked, staring at him.

“Uh...a couple hundred meters. Just into the dark zone. Why?”

“Do you have any means to get out of here quickly?”

“Ah…” Harry looked at his colleagues and licked his lips before he answered. “We have an escape pod. It doubles as a pressure chamber, so it won’t kill us if we ascend too fast.”

The woman, Sally, looked at Harry
"Harry...what's up, what are you talking? Whats with the escape pod. You don't want to leave…"

She continued talking, but Hansko ignored her. In fact she forgot for a moment that she existed, as well as what she had wanted to say. Instead she suddenly felt cold and it wasn't because of Saera's powers. She laid a hand on her colleague's shoulder and pointed towards one of the screens. Harry, the only one that could see them, followed her arm and as soon as he saw the screen his eyes went wide.

On it a white shape could be seen. It was the whale-like thing that just a minute before had passed the cameras. Only now it wasn't moving. It was just floating, upright. It was as big as a whale, bone-white skinned. But the skin was more waxy and pale and seemed to glow ever so slightly in a sickly light. But the most disturbing thing was that his forward fins were elongated, like arms. It had a neck and although it had no face, no eyes and no nose, the head seemed eerily human-like. And in the middle of it's chest…

...there was a perfectly round hole.

Harry gasped.

"What the fuck…"

A moment later it was gone. Hanako's voice was grave when she spoke.

"I guess you were right, Harry. There was indeed something. And now we know why the others couldn't see it."

"Harry...Harry what is going on? I am really getting scared here." The woman, Sally, interrupted. Her voice was beginning to sound shrill and her expression was stricken with fear. Hanako motioned for Harry to explain, since he was the only one who could, and turned to Saera.

"The question if this is coincidence or not has just become academic. We have to find a way to handle the situation without killing everyone down here."

Rose
Rose
Starter Member

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:18 am
Saera followed Hanako's gaze to the screen at the same time as Harry, and unlike the human who, understandably, reacted with shock and fear, Saera got, unsurprisingly, more pissed and began to swear under her breath, only breaking off her rant to pick up after Hanako's statement.

"Ah know exactly how we're gonna handle this situation, we're gettin' the fuck out of here, express." She turned her eyes to Harry who gulped but didn't break her gaze.

Huh. Stronger'n he looks, good on 'im. "You just ran outta time, it ain't gonna take long for that thing ta notice that you got us two on board this bucket, and it ain't gonna wait ta pick y'all off once it knows there's threats in the area, you and yer family lead us to that pressure chamber or whatever the hell it is, I'll be able to get us movin' and play some defense."

Saera turned back to Hanako as Harry turned to his panicking family, "Unless you have a better plan, I'm gonna need you to be my eyes here, my spiritual sense ain't top notch, so I won't be able to react to it real well while tryin' tah use my ice to push us up towards the surface. Also..." Saera briefly sucked on her lip before continuing, "Look. Ah don't like it but I'm not gonna be able to fight much in this situation, Ah'll be glad to help as I can, but is there any way you can run some kind o' defense tah keep that thing from blasting us out as we go up?"
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:46 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

While Harry tried to explain to his family that they had to leave right now because a monster that none of them could see, Hanako pondered on her ability to fight in water. It would be interesting...to say the least.

"That...could be problematic." She said slowly. In her mind she thought about the ability of her Shikai. the real, secret ability. She was pretty sure it wouldn’t work under water. Bakumusha agreed with her on that point. The other abilities...well, it would depend. Hanako would be extremely limited and would need insane amounts of strength to counter the higher resistance of water.

“My abilities are physical, mainly. I have no idea how effective they would be underwater. I will try, of course, to hold it off, if it becomes necessary. I just want to say I don’t know what I can do.”

She looked back at the humans.

“Besides, there’s another problem. We, too, can drown in water. It seems we’re not really affected by the pressure down here, after all, we just popped in here and didn’t die. But we need to breathe. We would have to fight in suits. Or at least I would have. I can’t project my powers.”

She tried to sense the Hollow out in the water, but couldn’t. Maybe it had retreated again, maybe it wasn't interested anymore? Okay, she didn’t really believe in that, but it seemed as if it wasn’t in close proximity anymore. Maybe they could now leave and reach the surface, where they could defend themselves better, before it came back.

“I cant sense it anywhere near…” she said aloud.

“Harry…” she said after a moment of thought. “Can you bring up your sensores, do they register anything out of the ordinary out there?”

She had caught him locked in discussion with the other humans and he seemed somewhat distracted when he followed Hanako’s request. She hadn’t paid any attention to the conversation of the humans, but when she looked at the facial expressions of the group, she sensed trouble.

“Any problems?” she asked him in a low and confidential tone.

“They don’t really believe me. They believe it was some animal that killed our colleague. They can’t see you, they can’t see that thing...hm, our sensors don’t register anything.”

“Not even a vibration or a sound, like before?”

“No, nothing.”

Again Hanako thought for a moment. She looked back at Saera and nodded at her. She was right: They should get the hell out of here, and fast.

“Harry, tell your people to get only the most necessary stuff and head to the escape pod. We’re getting out of here, right now. And tell them if they don’t want to go, the invisible woman will come and drag them, if she has to.”

The man didn’t look happy, but he obeyed and tried to explain it to his peers. Unsurprisingly the woman voiced again loud objections to leaving, as she had done before. Hanako hesitated only a second, before she stepped forward, grabbed the woman and tucked her under her arm. Sally screamed and began to lash about while the other humans, that couldn’t see Hanako, took two steps back and went pale.

“Which direction, Harry?” she simply asked. He pointed into a corridor. Hanako turned around and went through the hatch. Bob and Mike looked like they were about to faint when they saw sally floating towards the escape pod. Harry simply looked tired.

Rose
Rose
Starter Member

Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:52 am
Saera chewed her lip apprehensively, "Honestly, Ah don't have any suggestions for ya either, Ah don't know your skills, maybe Kido? Or at least see if you can detect where it is? If the pod's small enough Ah should be able ta strike out with mah ice while Ah use it to get us out o' here, but Ah've only got a 15 meter range, and Ah won't be great feelin' out that hollow past that while concentrating on this. Either way though, we need ta move."

Without wasting time Saera drew her zanpakutou, braced it horizontally, and intoned, "Unwind from your celestial throne Tsuki no Ryū!" Fog visible only to the three spiritually aware beings erupted from both ends of the blade and began to swirl around Saera, concealing her completely as the temperature dropped noticeably, then as quickly as it appeared seemed to condense onto Saera's body, covering her in glittering scales of ice and revealing Tsuki no Ryū, the long shaft of the guandao wrapped in white reptilian skin, and wisps of frozen fog drifting from the frosted blade.

Unfortunately, even though Saera was ready to get things moving, it seemed the other humans weren't, and as Hanako grabbed the woman, Saera jerked her hand towards the door, and swiftly forming pillars of ice grew up behind the others, pushing them forwards, and forcing them to get moving, with Saera following after.
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:51 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Saera's Shikai was impressive. Beautiful. Deadly. Hanako could feel the cold air drifting away from it. She couldn't help but feel happy for Saera, to have such a strong release, even though she knew it was only her transferring her own joy. She had actually no idea how Saera's real relationship with her Zanpakuto was.
While they walked down the narrow corridor, Hanako found herself both wishing to see Tsuki no Ryu in action in a sparring match, as well as wishing not to be on the receiving end of that weapon, at the same time.

The escape pod looked like a old fashioned diver's bell, although it was filled to the brim with up-to-date technology. Like the advanced pressure system that prevented divers dropping dead as soon as they left the pod on the surface.

While they were boarding the humans that couldn't sense spirits began complaining about the cold. Of course. Most abilities of Shinigami could affect non-aware humans, even if they didn't realise it. Harry just eyed the dangerous weapon with growing mistrust in his eyes.

They entered the pod through a small airlock, barely enough for one person. It took far too long for Hanako's taste. At least the procedure for taking off was short: Harry pulled one leaver and with a sudden jerk the pod was free. Hanako took a deep breath.

Only to hold it just a moment after. There was something…
She closed her eyes and concentrated on it. Her senses weren't that good either, but now that she focused on it, she could feel it. IT. The eerie presence, cold, slimy, deadly. It was coming back. Slowly…

She looked up and shared a silent glance with Saera. Hanako was pretty sure she didn't need to say anything to convey her message to her partner.

Quietly Hanako began mumbling words. There was a certain melody to them, almost like an incantation. Because that was exactly what it was.

Finally, Hanako raised one hand and spoke:
"Bakudo 26, Kyokko!"

Harry looked at her as if she just pulled some fake flowers from her sleeve, but she ignored him.

"No idea if it worked. Well only know if it sees us." She said to Saera.

Rose
Rose
Starter Member

Tue May 11, 2021 2:17 am
While it wasn't visible, Saera knew that outside of their pod a shimmering curtain of light had just closed around them, hiding them from sight, and hopefully from spiritual detection as well, and for several tense seconds it seemed that that had worked, until the beast let out another agonizing wail, just before a beam of red light ripped through the walls, piercing straight through from one end of the pod to the other, allowing water to begin flooding the metal room, though thankfully it missed any vital equipment or people..

Luckily for Saera, this also provided her the opening she needed, and with a wave she directed ice to form up on the holes, blocking them even as ice continued to form outside of the structure, surrounding it, continually forming spikes that jutted out from the newly formed shell, only to break away as new ones formed. The pod began to rise even faster, even as a heavy thud caused it to shake violently as the hollow slammed into the rapidly forming ice. Saera could feel it's form pressing against her spiritual power, tearing at the supernaturally durable material, even as she directed more and more ice to grow around it and attempt to pierce it. She was holding it off...for now.

The entire time she'd been fighting however, the humans had been wailing themselves, terrified by the sudden and violent confirmation that there was in fact something trying to kill them out there. Too busy concentrating on keeping up her icy assault to do anything else Saera managed to grunt out to Hanako, "Could you please shut them up? Ah'm barely keepin' up with the damn thing and they aren't helping!"
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri May 14, 2021 7:41 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

For a second Hanako gauged the humans. She didn't know any kido that would be any help. Restrain them, yeah, but not silence them. For a moment she even considered just knocking them out. After all, a concussion was still better than death, wasn't it? But then her eyes fell on the emergency toolbox, or better the contents of it, that were spilled all over the pod. And the roll of tape.
Hanako acted without any hesitation. She grabbed the tape and with a speed faster than an ordinary human could comprehend she ripped off pieces and silenced the three humans that couldn't see her. Towards Harry, however, she threw the roll of tape.

"Be silent or we all die."

Her voice was as cold and hard as the ice that Saera produced. The human understood. His face was as white as a bedsheet, but he kept his mouth shut and began to try and calm down his companions, who were understandably freaked out by the whole situation. It wasn't perfect, but the muffled humans weren't any louder than the noises of their surroundings.
The metal of the escape pod creaked. Hanako could feel the presence of the Hollow outside. It was strong, stronger than she had feared.

Suddenly the rushing of the water outside changed and a jerk went through the capsule. Only a second later a green light went on next to a hatch above their head that Hanako hadn't noticed before.

"What does that mean?" She asked Harry over her shoulder. When he didn't reply she turned and her voice thundered through the small space.
"WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!"

He winced as if she had slapped him.

"We're topside. We can get out now."

'Finally.' Hanako thought.

She tapped Saera's shoulder, then she smashed the upper hatch upen and climbed up. The escape pod was slowly dancing on tiny waves. The shore was a thin grey line in the distance. When she looked down, Hanako could see a small floe that had formed around the pod, thanks to Saera's amazing powers. She hoped that Saera was able to freeze more of the surface to give her space to maneuver. But in any case...wide and open...this was the perfect arena for Hanako. She could finally pull her own weight and give Saera a break after she had single handedly saved all their lives.

With a flowing and surprisingly graceful motion, Hanako drew her sword.

"Live...Bakumusha."

Her voice was as calm as the sea around them. Light engulfed her sword, spread across her arm, crossed her back and flowed over her left arm. After just a moment her Katana had transformed into a big, half-moon shaped sword that looked as if it was made from tightly woven tree roots. From its pommel a chain wrapped around Hanako's arm and went across her back, where it was fastened to a complete sleeve of old-style samurai armor of dark-red wood.

Hanako stood with her feet as wide apart as possible and began to swing the sword above her head. It made an eerie humming sound as it cut through the air. Otherwise it was deadly quiet...

Rose
Rose
Starter Member

Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:02 am
If she could afford to concentrate on anything other than trying to get to shore Saera would have taken a moment to appreciate the form of Hanako's released zanpakutou, as it stood however, she didn't have that luxury as she leaped out of the top hatch that Hanako had busted open and turned to face away from the shore so as to give her a better angle to visualize what she had to do.

Trusting Hanako to take care of keeping the hollow off of them Saera focused completely on forming ice on the back of the pod in an annoyingly complex latticework pattern that allowed her to keep expanding the sheet of ice that rapidly began pushing against the pod as it grew, propelling it towards the shore. Since Saera was so used to using her power to make simple projectiles performing something this complex was incredibly taxing, and despite the danger they were in she had to close herself off from everything except creating the constantly expanding sheet of ice.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum