Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down

Veteran Member of the Year

4 - 20%
9 - 45%
7 - 35%

Total Votes: 20

Poll closed
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Veteran Member of the Year [2017 OTY FINALS] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Veteran Member of the Year [2017 OTY FINALS] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Veteran Member of the Year [2017 OTY FINALS] Empty Veteran Member of the Year [2017 OTY FINALS]

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:00 pm

Mountain View

★ OTY VOTES ★

★ What the hell are OTY's? Well, my friend, that is pretty simple! Towards the end OR beginning of the year (depending on when staff can be assed!), we usually host Of The Year Nomination and Finals.

In this event, we go back from the past year of 2017 and attempt to pick out different types of finalist to compete for OTY Finals from the nomination list. These can range from Thread Of The Year, Character Of The Year and etc.

In the previous thread, the nominees were chosen. This is the voting thread! Choose who you feel is most deserving of this OTY

★ OTY RULES★

You can only vote once!
You can not change or cancel your vote! If there was a genuine error, please contact a member of Staff before voting ends.
This contest has a week before it will be closed by a staff member.
Try to think about your vote a little before aimlessly casting it.

★ OTY PRIZES ★

First Place: The people who wins first place in this of the Year category will receive one wish of their choosing by staff. We have full rights to deny it, so find something within reason. This can be anything from a board made, extra yen/awesome points, tier upgrade for a character, skill upgrade or whatever. The catch is that you'll have to pitch it well enough for us to do it. And you'll also get 10,000,000 yen, their own PH Medal and a mention in the Of The Month Winners and Of The Year Winners thread

Second Place: The person who wins runner up will receive 5,000,000 yen and an honorary mention in the Of The Month/Winners threads along with a 2nd place medal.

Third Place: The person who wins third place will receive 3,000,000 yen, an honorary mention in the Of The Month/Winners threads and possibly a 3rd place medal.

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Veteran Member of the Year [2017 OTY FINALS] Left_bar_bleue74095/100000Veteran Member of the Year [2017 OTY FINALS] Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Veteran Member of the Year [2017 OTY FINALS] Empty Re: Veteran Member of the Year [2017 OTY FINALS]

Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:04 am
Voting for Kyle, and instead of just offering "Because he's loved, he was pretty active, he did his best to stay on site in spite of IRL activities, he was staff", etc..

It's been a long and eventful year. There has been ups, downs, and a LOT of progression; maybe not the most in any given year of PH, but certainly real fucking high up there. Several global events, character progressions, a huge wave of new members who actually stuck around. It's been such a crazy year that I even ended up on staff somehow. A lot of changes, and a lot of overhauls, and more than anything, a lot of trying. That being said, Kyle doesn't get a vote just for trying, because that's what everyone's done--fuck that.

Kyle gets my vote because of what he's done with trying. Let's just take a look at some of the things he's done and achievements he's accrued in this past year and tenure as staff, member, and autist activist by helping support this site.

First of all, his efforts in revival of major subjects on site. He fucking redid K-World, almost single-handedly. I was staff during his efforts to revive and redo them, so I got a pretty clsoe look at the work he was putting in, and it wasn't an easy task. There was a lot going into his project, and not only did he simply revamp the organisation, but he improved it. Kyle added specifics to K-World, he gave faces and names to aspects of K-World previously left not ambiguous, but not necessarily detailed--at least not nearly as well detailed as he did. Kyle didn't aspire to just make an organisation out of K-World; he aspired (and succeeded) in creating an empire.

More than K-World, Kyle also revamped the Angels. I don't know if this has been completed or publicised, but I saw the work being put in, and it wasn't nearly as much improvements or additions than his K-World revamp was, but he still reached back in PH-history to pull up an outdated subject and do his best to update it. Kyle also did likewise with The Omnikitsasdasdsadkido. I don't think much has been done with it, and I might be wrong, but it just hasn't seemed like a sub-faction of particular impact this year, but it's something he took upon himself to repost and detail in a whole new thread, and beyond that, head it upon adopting Sui Feng.

Speaking of characters, Kyle's done quite a bit on that front, enough to join the WIP club :^). Take a look at WIP and oyu'll see a few threads from Kyle, and it's evident that he hasn't actually given up on [some of] them, and continues to work on them. You might see some general trend of what I find makes Kyle worth the vote, and that is the amount of projects he's taken on--and not just taken on, because that's what I'd define as "trying" and as I said, just trying isn't enough--and completed. Beyond WIPs, Kyle made Hakai's daughter, a character that's generated interest and activity, and for some adoration. He also made his powerless human, who Frost stated was one of the actually compelling powerless characters that had more than just "powerless/trap tier" to them, but something of interest and drive.

By the way, did I mention Rakshasa? Yeah, they were created quite a while ago, but Kyle didn't just make them and leave it there. When interest in Hell Beasts individually started generating, Kyle saw it and responded by expanding information on them and opening up the option of individually roleplaying the Hell Beast, which also offered interesting opportunities. I don't know if anyone has taken advantage of having OOCly dual-jurisdiction on a Hell Realm (kind of), but don't let his efforts go to waste, guys. It's a cool concept and should definitely be taken up.

This might not be as compelling as some of the other points I mentioned, but something I really liked that happened earlier this year is the Hakai/Hayden/Hana (TRIPLE H IS A HENTAI BTW) thread. It rightfully earned Casual Thread of the Month in February (I think), and it was definitely one of the best threads I've read on PH outright. Not because anything in it really happened, or there was some profound progression, or the world was impacted from just that thread. It was how organic the whole thread was. What I read wasn't a roleplay thread and responding posts. Searching For Answers was an episode of the PH Anime playing in my head, two of the characters having a heartfelt conversation, and none of them were really even characters--they all felt like real people. This thread was like the documentation of a real-life experience, between Hayden's earnest try to have Hakai as someone he can rely on in upcoming endeavors, and to keep himself in check, and Hana's legitimate wonder as she had the opportunity to explore the culture of a new land and new nation, and Hakai's responses and understanding of what Hayden was saying, but even in spite of the depth'd conversation they were having, his main focus always seemed to be what Hana was doing and her well-being, like a real father.

Keep in mind, these are all just things Kyle has initiated and taken upon himself to perform. His recent weeks towards the end of this year are nowhere near as impressive as earlier on, and to be fair that can be attributed to his return to tenure at PH after taking a well-deserved break from this hell-hole, but don't forget the efforts and results of a person's earnest try the rest of this year. This is an "Of The Year" award, and while I do believe Gamma and Owl held their own and were very wonderful in all the things they did on PH this year, I do think a lot of what drove their nominations was the fruits of their labour in more recent times, and in total can't compare to what Kyle's been pumping out all year.

Veteran Member of the Year [2017 OTY FINALS] 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum