Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
To Drown In A Sweet Dream [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999To Drown In A Sweet Dream [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

To Drown In A Sweet Dream [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty Re: To Drown In A Sweet Dream [Vanyel/Calypso]

Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:35 pm

To Drown In A Sweet Dream [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 6EdIfMt

ENTER THE MEGALOMANIAC

Artist: Shadows of Almia OST - Song: Underwater

Vanyel slowly closed his eyes, covering them with his arm as he lay there for a minute, before seeing the light in the room dim from the corners of his vision, and he slowly uncovered his eyes, sensing Calypso moving onto the edge of the bed, and he turned his head toward her, giving her a warm smile, chuckling softly as he squeezed her hand a bit tighter, closing his eyes as he felt her fingers running through his hair.

Even in the smallest actions, even without words, she was able to bring him comfort. He had trusted her with his life -- his humanity itself -- and if she said that he was ok and that she would make sure that he was safe, he knew that it would be so. But, even then, there was a part of him that was still scared at the prospect of the pain that was to come.

A tiny part of him was worrying about that fact alone, trying to imagine what it would feel like, so that he could, perhaps, mentally prepare for when it hit and lessen the blow. But, the rest of him hardly cared about it. Everything felt nice right now -- he felt like he was floating through the clouds, and Calypso was right there by his side...what more could he ask for?

But, as she asked if there was anything he wanted to talk about, his smile slowly faded and his brow furrowed, puzzled at the thought. What was there to talk about? He shuffled in place a little, his head making small movements as he looked around, trying to think of something to talk about before finally coming to rest as he turned his head back toward her, his voice a hushed, somewhat slurred whisper.

"There isn't really a lot to talk about with me -- unless you wanna hear shit about my past or somethin'. I'm pretty fuckin' boring, compared to the crazy shit you've done..."

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
To Drown In A Sweet Dream [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000To Drown In A Sweet Dream [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

To Drown In A Sweet Dream [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty Re: To Drown In A Sweet Dream [Vanyel/Calypso]

Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:51 pm

ENTER THE DREAMER

Artist: Carrotwine - Song: Dark Side Of The Road

Caly sat by him, calmly waiting for him to start with something, though the second she sensed puzzlement from him, she knew the kind of response that would follow. She reached out, holding his hand as he spoke his silly statement, a dark expression crossing her face as she smiled at him, though there wasn't the same worried softness yet fondness for him in her eyes,

There was only searing pain in her gaze, even if she tried to soften it with her smile.

"Honestly, a more 'boring' life would have been preferable to what i've gone through."

Her other hand reached down to stroke his hair, the weight of sadness settling in the room, "I've only been alive two years, yet it feels like i've had the weight of a lifetime thrown on me."

She slowly came up to him, soon her face was above his own, a sad smile on her face as she would slowly lean down to give him a peck on the cheek,

"I want to hear about your boring life. It definitely is a life I don't know anything about."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
To Drown In A Sweet Dream [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999To Drown In A Sweet Dream [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:20 pm

ENTER THE MEGALOMANIAC

Artist: Breath of the Wild - Song: Mipha's Touch

Despite his mind being in a thousand different places at once and not being able to focus on anything properly, Vanyel could still manage to see the pain in Calypso's eyes, and his lip started quivering. Why was she hurting? Did he do something, or say something wrong? But, as Caly ran her fingers through his hair and he felt her lips press against his cheek, he gradually started to settle down.

An air of discomfort mixed with the feeling of sadness as Vanyel shifted and squirmed just a little bit more in place, glancing to the side before sighing softly, squeezing Caly's hand tighter as he began.

"Well, I grew up in China. Not really in any major city, from what I remember...it was a tiny community really far off from any main city."

He looked to the side, a decently sized book resting on the nightstand, smiling warmly as he pointed to it. If Calypso decided to open it or look at the cover, she'd see that the book was written entirely in Chinese, translating to "A Journey to the West".

"I loved the myths and legends that my home had. The Monkey King, The Third Lotus Prince...they were all so cool and had really awesome powers and stories, especially the dragons and the Dragon Kings. They were so...regal, so powerful, and awesome."

His smile soon faded, and his arm retracted, his other arm moving to hold it against his body.

"...Parents didn't really like it, though. Always thought it was... 'blasphemy,' I think they called it. They had their heads up their ass with their stupid religion. I didn't care about it, but I didn't really have much of a choice. Either I listened, or I got grounded and got my stuff taken away."

The man grumbled in a mumbled slur, rubbing his arm for a moment, before instinctively reaching out to grab the book, pulling it close to him and holding it tightly against his body, slowly turning over, a deeper air of discomfort, and something else, the air of a liar that Calypso would likely be able to tell -- he was not telling the full story.

"If you want me to stop, I can stop. I ain't gonna be offended or anything if you get tired of it..."

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
To Drown In A Sweet Dream [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000To Drown In A Sweet Dream [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:29 pm

ENTER THE DREAMER

Calypso made sure to appear engaged with Vanyel's story, no matter how nonsensical or out of focus it would become. She wanted him to be comfortable most of all, but also wanted to keep his mind engaged, so that whatever may happen, at least he's speaking to her. She nodded softly as he started his story, her silver eyes wide and interested as she let him speak.

She followed his gaze as he spoke of his birthplace - Somewhere in China. She blinked rapidly as she took hold of the book, staring at the cover as she realized that the funny symbols on it were probably Chinese. No wonder she couldn't read them, she originally assumed they were some weird demonic dialect or something, in passing of course. She smiled at him, resting the book on her lap as she wished she could at least read him a story, but she didn't understand what the writings even said.

"Really? That sounds pretty cool. I've read a few human-made mythology stories a long time ago but..." She looked to the side, sighing softly as she realized how long it had been since she even touched a book on a subject she loved, "..Stopped. Guess life just, got a bit crazy."

She gave him a clear smile, to show she wasn't in any pain or suffering, as she had noticed the faltering in his gaze originally. She sensed his mood droop as he would go on to mention his parents, the young lady tilting her head curiously as he spoke of their strange sentiments,

"Stop? Why would I want you to stop? Vanyel, say as much as you want, i'm not stopping you, I just.."

Her nostrils flared as she tried to make sense of what she heard, "Blasphemy? But they're just.. Stories! For fun! I don't get it, how is that blasphemous?! That doesn't make any sense! You aren't hurting anybody from reading some stories and stuff..."

Her hands covered her face, "Your parents make no sense..! And why would they put you in the dirt- Wait, wrong kind of ground. You mean punished. Punished."

She sighed and laughed, "Sorry, i've never really been 'grounded'. At least, not from a parent."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:26 pm

ENTER THE MEGALOMANIAC

Artist: Devil May Cry 5 - Song: Legacy (Piano Improvisation)

Vanyel wasn't one for talking much about his past. Not really because it didn't mean anything to him, or that he didn't care about it -- just because he hated to remember it because it hurt too much. It felt strange to have someone want to hear about his life, what he did -- even if he thought it was fairly normal and oftentimes boring. But...part of him also felt kind of happy that Calypso wanted to hear more about him.

It made him feel appreciated and feel loved, and that was all that he could ask for. Thus, the human smiled warmly as he brought his knees close to his chest, resting his chin on his knees and bringing his jacket just a bit tighter around himself. He chuckled softly as it seemed Calypso also couldn't understand the reasoning behind why his family had thought what he enjoyed was "blasphemous". He gave a light shrug, though started chuckling at Caly's misinterpretation of "grounded".

Lazily reaching over and ruffling her hair, he tilted his head back, staring at the ceiling.

"Well, it ain't fun. In my case, I was just...locked in my room with nothin' to do. No books to read, no games to play, just sit there, alone. It sucked."

The human started to fidget in place, tugging at his shirt collar, mumbling to himself, sliding his jacket off of his shoulders, leaving him in a long-sleeve blue shirt, with a black glove on his right hand.

'Feels like it's getting warmer in here...'

Vanyel's left hand slipped under the right sleeve, lightly scratching at his arm idly, before going back to wrapping his arms around his legs.

"Um, anyway...it was a really small, isolated community, so...I didn't really have a lot of friends that weren't members of my direct family to some degree. I just kept to myself and didn't mention what I felt to anyone, or else someone would snitch on me and I'd get punished. Fuckin' hard-asses..."

Vanyel sighed, unconsciously going back to scratching at his arm, eventually moving up to his neck, the areas slowly turning red from how much he had been gnawing at his skin with his nails. There was some kind of faint stinging in his back, and it was really starting to get warmer in the room...or was it just him? The human shrugged it off, his eyes coming back into a semblance of focus as his voice started to come back to normal, losing its mild slur from before.

"But, I did end up meeting someone there. No idea how they found the little community, but they...were really nice to me. They didn't care about what had been forced down my throat, and they actually enjoyed being around me. We played together, talked, watched TV 'n shit...it was fun."

A gentle smile passed over his face at the memory of his friend. It was something he held onto -- as small as it might have felt to other people. For him, it was a reminder of a better time, when he had someone he could have fun with, instead of the boring day-to-day that he had been subjected to by his family.

But, all good things seemed to come to an end with him...

"Weirdest part was, they were a demon. They thought that the whole thing with my family was ridiculous, too, and we kinda bonded over that. But...my parents eventually found out, and...t-they..."

He stopped abruptly, his lip starting to quiver as he held onto his legs even tighter, lowering his head as tears started to slide down his cheeks.

"...they killed him. I don't know what they did, exorcised him or whatever, but they...they fucking killed him."

Vanyel stopped talking, burying his face in his arms and legs as muffled, brief cries came from him -- that stinging and feeling of heat starting to grow even more prominent as he cried, scratching harder at his right arm.

"Just because he was a fucking demon! What the hell did he even do, huh!? They could have just sent him away and told him never to come back or something like that, but they did...that!"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

To Drown In A Sweet Dream [Vanyel/Calypso] - Page 2 Hm7QDbg
Template Storage
Graphic Request Board
Face-Claim Thread
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:26 am

ENTER THE DREAMER

The young woman softly laughed as he ruffled her white locks, gently pushing his hand away as her hair seemingly fixed itself - Not completely strange considering the entirety of her body is conscious, malleable flesh. She scooched a bit closer to him, listening to his story as he would constantly shift, calmly moving his jacket away from him as she felt her heart sink with his story. He grew up.. So restricted, it sounded horrible.

The demon looked to the side, quietly thinking of her mostly boundary-less, free romp that was her more childish days. But, even those weren't enjoyable - She wasn't happy being out all alone, sleeping outside, wondering where her mother was. Her gaze softened as she thought about it, taking both ends into perspective. She quietly put together that neither environment was good for a child - That they would grow up unhappy if one was too tight or too loose.

Her gaze would follow his hand as he would scratch at his arm, listening to his words as she was cautious about what he would do to himself. She didn't want any sudden intense emotions leading him to hurting himself terribly.

"Yeah, that's strange.. They probably slipped in or something. Might've been a young one left on their own and didn't know what else to do but find a being in common..."

She sensed the swan dive in his mood, the wavering in his voice, until he finally said what happened to them.

They were killed, by his parents.

She felt a pit in her stomach, a strange sense of misery as the mention of that. Especially since they were a member of her race, her heart heavied. Just another lost soul who became a victim of circumstance while trying to find a place in the world. She had a fervent wish to protect such beings, no wonder she felt such silent grief for a being long dead.

But above that, she felt immense sympathy for Vanyel, to have to go through such an awful thing. Though, she noticed his scratching increase as she sensed the waves of an emotional breakdown come on.

"Vanyel-" His yells cut her off as she swiftly moved to stop his hand, but she flinched at the heat of his skin. He was burning up.

Shit, shit, shit.

A void tendril emerged from her form and whipped out to grasp his hand, prying it away from his arm as he cried such miseries into being.

"VANYEL!" She screamed to get his attention, leading his head by his chin to look at her sad face,

"I'm sorry. This kind of terrible thing happens all the time. People killed just for what they are. Your parents were probably scared and irrational."

She grabbed onto him and pulled him close in her arms, her head rubbing against his own as she pressed against his heating neck,

"They're idiots. They're idiots who killed a child. You're right to be upset, but don't tear yourself apart over it.. There's nothing you could have done, as sad as it is to admit.. I'm sorry Vanyel."

More tendrils snaked out, moving to remove his shirt, "Why are you clawing at your arm..? Is something bothering you there?"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:40 pm

ENTER THE MEGALOMANIAC

Artist: Devil May Cry 5 - Song: Legacy (Piano Improv.)

Rip. Claw. Tear.

Sever.

CUT.

Those were the only words that his mind could process at that moment -- his previous thoughts of his past long since faded into the haze of heat, as well as the emotional pain and physical discomfort he was in. All he could think about was how hot it was, how much he wanted to scratch at his arm, to tear away the pain, how hard it was to breathe with all of this heat.

It was a storm in his mind, flipping from one emotion to the next, and deep down, past the storm, it scared him. His breathing quickly turned to hyperventilating, his fingers digging deeper and deeper into his arm to try and break the skin, to feel the warm crimson trickle down his body -- to feel something other than this hurt that he hated to feel and think about.

It felt his body was on fire, and every part of him itched and burned and HURT, only being brought out of his daze from the sudden feeling of his arm being restrained, and just as he was about to reach for a weapon, or just attack with whatever he could get his hands onto; Calypso screaming his name brought him back, and he froze, offering no resistance as she moved his head up to face her, tears starting to stream down his face all over again.

As she pulled him close to her, holding him tight, the storm finally cleared.

The human's lip quivered as he listened to her, his arms slowly trying to return her embrace. She didn't want him to tear himself apart over it? Nothing he could do?! Bullshit! If he had been more careful, had made sure that nobody heard, knew, or found out, then he'd still be alive! There were plenty of things that he could have done! But...he couldn't get angry at her. Everything else was hurting too much, it was tiring, and how could he ever get angry at her?

Warm, heated tears slid down his cheeks as his body slowly relaxed, his arms going limp at his side.

"I just want my friend back...they took my only real friend away. I just want him back."

Through his blurry vision, he saw more tendrils coming from her, trying to remove his shirt and see why he was scratching his arm. Almost instantly, he moved back, fear and shame quickly taking precedent in his gaze as he frantically tugged his sleeve over his arm, trying his best to keep the right side of his body hidden away. She'd probably already seen it, but he still couldn't stop what had become natural instinct at this point.

But, there was still a part of him that felt like he shouldn't be hiding this. He had put his humanity in her hands -- his life, his trust, everything. So, lowering his head, Vanyel slowly lifted his shirt and set it aside, and slid off the glove on his right hand, revealing the incomplete tattoo given to him so many years ago.

"It's...an irezumi. It's a special style of tattoo in Japan, this one's specific to...the Kudo-kai yakuza clan. Originally, it was a symbol of finally having a family, finally...fitting in, for once. Now, it's just the incomplete mark of a criminal."

Spoiler:

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Template Storage
Graphic Request Board
Face-Claim Thread
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:15 am

ENTER THE DREAMER

Calypso held him close, sighing softly as she got him to calm down. He was so heated she could practically smell it, those crazed, frenzied emotions. She rested her chin on his shoulder, making movements to calm the man, thankful for the relaxation of his arms as he would go on to weep over his friend, the young demon bringing her hands to rub his bare, hot back,

"I'm sorry Vanyel. There's no undoing it."

The demon was surprised by the man's strength as she tried to remove his shirt, her tendrils having noticeable difficulty prying the article of clothing off. Yeah, she definitely could sense his strength was increasing from the transition. Nervous butterflies fluttered in her stomach of the thought of how he'd handle any worse emotional outbursts later on - If he got terribly much stronger he would be harder to physically control...

But, she noticed his defeat, retracting her extra limbs as he took the shirt off himself and revealed what he was scratching at - That funny tattoo on his arm. Caly swore she saw it before, but she didn't really get why he'd be clawing at it, until he explained.

Calypso's face turned to worry and sadness as he explained, holding him close,

"Stop."

She had an almost commanding tone to her voice as she was rather short with it, "Stop talking about yourself like that."

She laid her hand on his arm, clutching it tightly,

"You aren't a criminal. You have a family, as fucked up as we are.."

Gently stroking her chest, her clothing would part so easily, revealing her chest - Her Eris seal sat upon her chest, right above her breasts, above the striking dark mark over her heart, but she tried to not give too much attention to that scar, tapping her seal, and soon moving to place her hand on his own,

"We're connected. Even if they aren't here anymore... At least... At least you're not alone.. I hope you know that.."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:30 pm

ENTER THE MEGALOMANIAC

Artist: Devil May Cry 5 - Song: Legacy (Piano Improv.)

"Stop."

One word, yet it felt like a command. It almost felt nice for her to try and make him feel better, saying he wasn't what he said he was. But, there wasn't anything that could change the fact that he was a criminal. His eyes fell on her hand as she clutched his arm, and Vanyel shook his head.

"Hun, I love you, and I really do appreciate what you're tryin' to say, but...there's nothin' that you can do that changes who I am, and what I've done. I'm not a good person, and I am a fuckin' criminal. There's a damn good reason why I hide this."

Vanyel brought his arms around himself, lowering his head, before slowly inching back over to Calypso. Was it really family? Part of him wasn't sure -- Algos had just referred to him as a 'thing' before, and the only real reason that most people gave a damn about him in the first place was because of the thing locked up inside him: The Phonoi. It wasn't like he was an actual member of the family or anything -- the Eris Seal was the only thing that made him remotely connected to them, and most of them didn't give two shits about him in the first place.

He started to take deeper breaths, feeling that struggle to breathe regularly slowly coming back, and his hands started to tremble, even though the heat hadn't changed. Vanyel slowly inched back toward Calypso as she put her hand on his, leaning close to her and pressing his lips against hers, before laying back, squeezing Caly's hand tightly, his voice significantly lower than before.

"...If you want, I can continue the story. Last time on 'The History of Vanyel Xioyang'...heh."

He trailed off, chuckling lightly. She wanted him to talk more, so talk more he shall -- was one of the only things he was really good at, now was it?

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Template Storage
Graphic Request Board
Face-Claim Thread
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:57 pm

ENTER THE DREAMER

Calypso's hands clasped around Vanyel's own as she stared directly at him, her monochrome eyes wide as she heard the words spilling forth from the man's heated lips, hearing him speak words that she simply.. Could not accept. She couldn't. He wasn't a criminal, not to her eyes, a small whimper in her throat as her heart was only further torn as she could sense his thoughts, his intent - He didn't truly feel a part of any family.

Her pale head drooped as she fell silent, despite hearing his question if he should continue, she remained silent for a moment as a rush of emotion lead to her hands suddenly becoming covered in black scales, her fingers turning into claws as she clasped his hand tight, a tail thrashing behind her as she would have a sudden outburst,

"THEN WE'LL MAKE A FAMILY!"

She snapped aloud, and did not bite back on those words, only moving to continue, getting up close to Vanyel's face, "We-we'll make a family, and it'll be big, and happy, and.. And... You'll have someplace to feel like you belong!"

She got alarmingly close to his face, tears running down her face as she grasped his hand rather tightly, "Criminal?! Fuck that! I don't care! You aren't a criminal here! You aren't a bad guy here! You're Vanyel Asthavon and I can't take your.. Ah!"

Her face blushed brightly with a prismatic light to her pale tones, realizing her flub as she would then lower her gaze quietly, looking to the side and speaking far quieter, "..I-I mean.. Vanyel Xioyang.. A-and..."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum