Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Anonymous

Reaching Out Empty Reaching Out

Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:09 am

Reaching Out 6EdIfMt

FILLER TEXT HERE

Artist: n/a - Song: n/a

Put in plain perspective the Combat Division was troubling. The membership had dwindled and not to mention the other issue. Nobody in it was all that strong. The Gotei's military was best summed up as a Lion cub. Wasn't going to be able to do much not yet.

He looked at the tablet he carried and the papers written on it. Several names were missing in action. This wasn't good in any sense of the word. The Stealth Division's Captain was among them.

Nobody had seen him and his Vice-Captain was filling in. So many voids and so many issues with the Nobles and everything else. This place was on a knife's edge, his concern was the military strength.

The Kenpachi, maybe once upon a time it had been the strongest title. But in this day and age, it lost some bite. It was about as meaningful as being the first hooker to lose her virginity. It held almost no meaning these days, the problem was it had to be rebuilt.

He had to poach possible people, Shuten Sukia was a good starting point. Though he didn't believe she would join for two simple reasons.

Those who joined this Division did so because it suited them, that and she was drastically stronger than he was. His skills were lackluster. He didn't have the power that was needed.

As he walked into the Captain's quarters prepared to meet Shuten, his white Haori followed him as he moved. He fought for this position, but as it stood right now. He'd inherited a military that had been drastically compromised. He'd do what he could for the Combat Division.

He wasn't suited to fixing the problems that were ahead of him. He gave the door a knock before entering. He was polite with his manners to anyone. Vice-Captain or Captain. He had a roster and dossier of each Division and members or people missing. The situation was a problem since not only were their numerous people unaccounted for. But multiple squads as well he'd done his homework.

"Greetings, sorry to trouble you today. But, upon going through the dossiers and Squad Information I noticed something alarming. Our Two Squads often work in tandem when possible, so I thought you should see it yourself."

He put the clipboard down with the several papers of names and people they were missing. It was just strange, the person who had this job before him had disappeared. He wondered if other organizations had similar issues.

Was it safe to assume they all just left without notice and quit their post? He didn't know, but Yoshitsune wasn't one for espionage. He was a Warrior, one who fought the Frontline battles. Shuten however, this was her field of specialty he imagined. Or hoped at the very least.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Reaching Out Left_bar_bleue128100/999999Reaching Out Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Reaching Out Empty Re: Reaching Out

Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:00 am

Song: N/A - By: N/A - Word Count: N/A

The dismissal of her previous captain, coupled with Kuro's ability to up and disappear for absolutely no reason at all, left Shuten basically in charge of her division; which normally would mean finding Shuten in a sour mood was quite an easy feat. This was one such day, where Shuten was tending to paperwork, among her own daily tasks; keeping her sake close at hand. Indeed, she wasn't drunk, far from it; it took far more for Shuten to get drunk than a simple drink like this. However, it did ease her nerves slightly; especially when she found herself working upon a particularly difficult piece of parchment.

Her squad members, at this point, knew not to barge in without due reason; otherwise, they could get a Kunai thrown at them. It was never fatal, but Shuten knew where to hit someone and make it hurt; sometimes without even drawing blood. Albeit, she did her best not to react as such. She was basically the acting captain of her squad while her captain was... somewhere that wasn't here. It wouldn't do her any good to harm her squadmates. Regardless, it was hard for the woman to not be in quite the sour mood when she had mountains of paperwork to attend to. She only simply wished to see Magnolia, that would be a great relief to Shuten; especially at the end of the day. However, she must work.

Apparently, when Shuten was halfway through the paperwork, another captain, the captain of the combat division, had strolled up into her office; with quite the interesting air about him. The Suika looked up from her work, gently tilting her head to the side a small degree as she examined him. He seemed stressed, perhaps even overwhelmed; something Shuten could understand. However, Shuten simply nodded upon his greeting, listening as she continued to work on the paperwork. After the man had finished speaking, Shuten had gently lowered her writing utensil and leaned back in her chair to stare at the man for a good few moments; just to get him nervous, if at all possible. Simply put, she was contemplating the proposal he put towards her.

"I'm afraid I'll have to decline. Even if I had the time, I don't have much interest venturing out to the combat division's barracks; or even possibly joining your division. I'm down two captains, one dismissed, the other is off somewhere; I wouldn't know where. I'm basically the only captain my squad has until Kuro decides to return; if he returns at all."

Shuten let out an exasperated sigh as she stood from her desk, taking her sake dish in hand, large as it was, and drained the entire dish of all it's drink. She let out a small sigh to relax herself some, and then looked towards the captain in front of her; her purple eyes seemingly staring into his soul.

"Now, if I may ask, I have been out of the loop as of late thanks to the mountain of paperwork I have; who are you again? I don't mean to be rude, but I have had done little more than take care of my squad, take care of my paperwork, and have spent what spare time I can with my girlfriend. So, please, what is your business here, Captain?"

Shuten's voice wasn't unkind, nor callous, she was simply tired; and tired of working on such things alone. However, if the captain of another squad is coming here to poach the lieutenant of another squad, who does not currently have a captain, it was very likely he may not care for the Gotei as much as thought. After all, if one squad fails, the rest fail with them.

Anonymous

Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:03 am

Reaching Out 6EdIfMt

FILLER TEXT HERE

That was the disappointing but not unexpected answer. He smiled a bit faintly leaning back in his chair. He didn't get offended or bothered by her not knowing him. Just got the job recently as it was. Shuten was out it seemed this place had as much if not more troubles. A disappearing Captain and one who got fired and disappeared.

Fit the motif of the Squad at the very least. "Can't say as though I'm surprised by your answer, the state of the Squad's Captains was known to me."

He listened further and nodded, getting a sense of the situation. His job made this more or less a rough deal. Military wise the strongest asset would have to be her most likely. Or Everfrost, from the First Divison. Those two were the best they had at the moment.

"Yoshitsune Kobayashi, this is a lot more then I expected, Captain Shinryu let the Squad stagnate. So with your leave, I'll give you my perspective of Combat Division at the moment and it's overall capability." He said after looking over a summary of things. He came to a single conclusion, it wasn't good even remotely.

"It's not promising, my own weakness next to previous Captain's clear. After Head Captain Ibiki, the next Captains were downgraded myself being no exception to them. Well, guess the only thing to do is keep at it. Wishing I was stronger or equal to Zaraki at the moment doesn't help anyone."

He said before offering her a faint smile again. She was one person, but her skills were needed in this location right now. Maybe giving her a push would help as well. He didn't mind that she was stronger than him. Opinions and discourse helped build trust.

Communication was a big key in growing something, their two Squads needed to work together. Stealth and Combat were two weapons the Gotei wielded with frightening effectiveness.

"Why not become the Captain of this Squad? I mean if you intend on staying and do the work of one now anyway? From my perspective you are well-liked here and a stable hand. But, I'm an outsider to this place and its workings. "

Conversation for the sake of keeping an open mind. Hopefully, maybe they could progress something. Shinryu of the Combat Division had done massive damage to the Combat Division. In more ways, than could be counted, people left the Squad.

Due to his views and even his training methods were flawed, it was a mess of an entirely wasteful method. He wore this Haori before, but a question brought to his mind. What could he do to improve himself, where could he go? To make this place have the reputation it did again?

His comrades were important to him all of them in Squad Four. So for now he'd focus on teaching them what he could. He'd wait for her to answer his question, as it was one he was curious about.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Reaching Out Left_bar_bleue128100/999999Reaching Out Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:30 pm

"I would have to agree with you that my elder sister was indeed the best thing to happen to the Gotei. Her departure not only left things in the wrong hands, but appeared to have turned the Gotei against itself."

Shuten spoke plainly, calmly. Only recently had the Gotei started piecing itself back together after the mess that occurred when Shuten's sister, Ibiki, had stepped down; which simply meant that the current Head-Captain was doing a much better job than the man who had briefly taken Ibiki's seat. Soon enough, however, the Suika moved towards the blue gourd in the corner of her office; picking up the gourd and pouring her sake dish full. She took a long drink, topped off her sake dish, and then moved back to her seat; crossing her legs after sitting down, staring at this Yoshitsune in front of her.

Indeed, things did not go well after Ibiki had stepped down. She did not like that Ibiki left, but she had respected the decision her sister made. There always must be someone new. Shuten was just glad she could still have the occasional drinks with her sister. However, as she drank her sake while listening to the captain before her speak, her eyes suddenly took on an... odd tone. She stared down at the captain after his suggestion that she, Shuten Suika, the Sake Oni herself, become the new captain of her squad. Shuten could only shake her head softly at such a proposition. Not only was such a thing nowhere near simple, but it was another thing Shuten did not desire.

"I am no leader, Captain Yoshitsune. I can barely keep up with paperwork alone, trying to lead my squad with the absence of a captain is far more than I can handle; and I don't know how to lead them. I am an assassin, Captain Yoshitsune. I eavesdrop, I provide information, I become our Head Captain's eyes and ears to outside information; whenever she needs it if she needs it. Kuro, and my other captain, are both leaders; even if Kuro's method of leading is quite abstract."

Shuten took another long drink of her sake, emptying out the dish far quicker than Yoshitsune probably could have ever expected; she was a Suika after all, such drinking was child's play.

"I don't mind assisting in trying to rebuild the things we have lost thanks to past events; but I have no intention of abandoning my squad, even if I am not the leader they deserve and never will be. Nor will I put myself in the captain's seat just because it is vacant; that is something that someone should earn, not simply be given on a silver platter."

Anonymous

Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:05 pm

Reaching Out 6EdIfMt

FILLER TEXT HERE

He nodded in agreement, things were in a state of repair. The trouble was it didn't seem to get better though. It was true, he came into power and had work to do. But that didn't make it easier or less stressful. But it was no solution to the current situation in which they found themselves.

He leaned back the problems came in threes as everyone said they did. With most of the Captain's missing or unable to be reached at the moment. Coordinating anything was a joke, the Combat Division had to be rebuilt from the ground up. Shinryu's choices and skills saw to that thing's destruction. It simply was a mess and couldn't be mended overnight.

"I don't mean any disrespect here, but you are leading already. Captains lead by example, you are doing it already. They are trusting you and while it seems more than you can handle. I believe others will help you with the burden. This is my second time wearing one of these. I may not have power such as your's or Captain Commander Ibiki. But I do have experience in these situations. "

He said softly before pausing as he considered the next words carefully. "When I first became a Captain, my first time at it I got mountains of paperwork that never ended. I was a simple swordsman, I knew little of duties or meetings. The entire structure of this organization. But there were people, Captains who helped me learn and progress. You've got a similar chance, I can help for whatever it is worth. "

But there was another point to touch on, so he wasn't done even remotely. The fact was they were different, different places and steps. His place was with the military and fighting on the frontlines. Her's was the shadows, but that was the point of it.

"We are different, I'd be foolish to not admit that. But, you lead your people already in absence of two. I think you give yourself far too little credit. Because as far as I can tell, when your Captain was dismissed you held this place together."

He said finishing his statement, she could be mad at him if she wanted. But these were the facts as he saw them. He knew she couldn't leave this place, but maybe she could get promoted and get help. Getting a new Vice Captain would help the work go smoothly with an active Captain on the roster. But if she didn't want to that made sense, he had a list of people he needed to talk to. It was a mile long and rebuilding the Combat Division wouldn't happen overnight. But he felt up to the task ahead, if anything he had a list of recruits.

Each one made him more interested and excited, that was the fun part of it. It made all the difference to him in this sense. That fact that he wasn't alone and he was working to rebuild something once glorious.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:58 pm

Shuten let out a soft sigh as Yoshitsune spoke. Indeed, perhaps she was Captain material; perhaps it was a position she had now earned after such a long time of basically filling the shoes of a captain. However, no matter how this man in front of her decided to spin his yarn, Shuten wasn't having any of it. She felt, even if it was unfounded, that she didn't deserve the position. If Shuten was to be handed the position of Captain of the Stealth Force, she wanted it to be because the Head Captain deemed it as such; not because another captain thinks she should. Shuten stared still at the man as he spoke, at least before she shook her head with a gentle sigh.

"It matters not what you think when it comes to whether I will become a captain or not. And, perhaps I do give myself far too little credit; but the facts are, you are not the head captain. If you were dead set on me becoming the captain of this squad, I am sure you would want to recommend me to the Head Captain for the seat. I'm sure it's possible. However, unless the Head Captain herself comes to me and promotes me; I will never try to insert myself into a position just because it is vacant."

Shuten stared down Yoshitsune a bit. She was a small woman, indeed, but her Oni nature could possibly be a little intimidating at times. It wasn't an aggressive action, not at all, but simply something that came natural to the woman. However, she soon let out a soft sigh and returned to her paperwork for a few moments while she collected her thoughts; setting aside a few papers after a good chunk of moments passed and left.

"I appreciate the offer, Captain Yoshitsune; but I have been in the Gotei for a good majority of my life. For now, I am doing fine on my own. However, I will keep your offer in mind for the future; if I need the help. And, if I get promoted to be the captain of this squad, then I will certainly remember to seek help when I learn to be everything that a captain is."

Shuten gave him a small smile. It was nothing but a kind gesture, something to try and even out the hard looks she had been giving the man; something to try and make the situation feel less... difficult. However, after that smile, Shuten returned to her paperwork for a few more moments before she took one last hard look at Yoshitsune, staring at him calmly.

"Is there anything else you would like to talk about, Captain Yoshitsune? I would like to finish this paperwork before night falls so I can spend some time with my girlfriend."

Anonymous

Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:56 pm

Reaching Out 6EdIfMt

FILLER TEXT HERE

He smiled putting his hands up showing a sign of surrender. He guessed the only option forward would be rebuilding the Division himself. She wasn't joining obviously or this squad would crumble. Did he chase power as others had before him? That would likely go as well, Ibiki and Zaraki were the standards for the Combat Division.

He reached back and rubbed his neck, letting her speak her piece without interrupting her. "I understand, I could sure. Begin pushing for reforms and changes, but that's not what you want. Your opinion does hold value even to the Head Captain I assure you. I sincerely doubt she'd put a Haori on you that you didn't want. "

But that said it still raised problems for him, he couldn't stay the way he was, could he? They needed something to change to shake up this problem. At present the might of Shadow Fall, K-World dwarfed them. The best they could manage was working together with allies.

But they ran the risk of getting in the way. Becoming a hindrance, not a help. nothing he could do with the Kobyashi ceremony to take place soon. They kept telling him, his physical body would undergo a ritualistic change. Why because they didn't care he spent a long time grooming his appearance.

But that aside and the situation being what it was. He stood from his seat, reaching out and letting a Hell Butterfly land on his finger. His smile vanishing to a tired exasperated sigh. The news was going to mean more work and building. The Kobayashi seemed so devoted to this idea of things.

Matriarchal societies were so difficult to live in for a guy. But the butterfly didn't bring news of his overlords. No, it brought news that some of his barrack members were having a dispute.

"I beg your pardon, it seems my Division remembered they were once under Captain Commander Ibiki and Zaraki. So some of them are spoiling for a fight with one another. I better go and see to this matter." He didn't get much time as he began for the door. He could get back there quickly, he was known for being fast. Perhaps the fastest person in the Gotei at this moment.

But that was neither important nor relevant to the problem he faced. So much paperwork and now he had to go settle a fight. A Vice Captain would be needed after all. He knew where to start, she was devoted and strong. The question was would she accept his offer?

He headed off through the door and began his trip back to the Combat Division.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:52 pm

A soft sigh escaped Shuten's lips after Jaeden spoke about her opinion. What was it? Did she really have the qualifications of a captain? Simply put, she had no idea. Not to mention, she also had absolutely no idea just how much she wanted to be a captain. In truth, she wouldn't mind being captain in the slightest. However, she didn't wish to become captain just because the position was vacant; or at least she didn't want to feel her promotion was just because of that empty position.

"It's not exactly that I wouldn't want to be a captain... I just don't want my captaincy to be colored by circumstances. I don't want to be a captain just because the spot was empty; just because one was dismissed and the other is missing. I wouldn't mind it... But I would want to be promoted on my own merit; not because of that empty space."

Shuten let out a soft sigh, letting herself relax enough to speak how she truly felt on the subject. However, she soon took a long drink from her sake dish, basically draining the sake from it before she let out a long, satisfied, sigh. Even if she wasn't a Suika, her sake was tasty enough to lift anyone's mood; being a Suika just made it better. Eventually, however, a hell butterfly arrived in her office; a single one that appeared to carry a message for captain Yoshitsune. Shuten watched him in silence, an eyebrow raised slightly. Soon, the Suika chuckled softly at what he said.

"Maybe you should let them spar. From what I remembered, the combat division used to do that more frequently; it's how they kept sharp. From what I remember, the combat division of old fought each other all the time. Albeit, that was then and this is now."

Shuten let out another chuckle before she returned to her paperwork. However, the demon looked up at Yoshitsune right before he left.

"Feel... Feel free to recommend me as the captain for this division... I'd much rather earn the honor than be handed it, you know? And I'm sorry if I sounded callous... It's been a long... looong week."

Shuten gave a slight smile before she nodded at the captain as he left, returning back to her paperwork quietly. It was odd. Part of Shuten did wish to become a captain, even if recent events had colored her desire a small bit; it was hard to deny that her division had no one but her. Perhaps there was something to that, and perhaps Shuten had indeed earned the position by simply holding the squad together on her own. Regardless, Shuten still had a great deal of paperwork to take care off; and she honestly did wish to return home to her girlfriend. She could desperately use the company and perhaps even her advice as well.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum