Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ] Left_bar_bleue7900/999999Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ] Empty_bar_bleue  (7900/999999)
Tiers:

Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ] Empty Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ]

Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:27 pm
Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ] Iota-fat-1

IOTA ASTHAVON

"MAMA! I'M HOME!" Man, Iota would never get used to that, though it was a decision she made of her own volition.

While in no way was Iota Inami's actual child, due to the weird bloodline situation technically she was. Because of that, Iota only found it natural to call her mother by her title rather than her name now. I mean, when you really get down to it, Inami basically gave her a new life. Birthed Iota into the woman that she was now.

Anyways, today was supposed to be a casual day for the two of them. Following her successful plan of reforming the demon organization of Shadowfall, Iota has rarely had a moment to rest and it has been a few months since she has connected with her mother and just sat down to chat. Inami was more of an enigma to Iota than any sort of motherly figure, but she seemed friendly enough to approach.

Not only that, Iota had a couple of things to ask of the demon. Now that she was going to take a leadership position she needed to get stronger and get some cards up her sleeves assuming the time for it would come. Plus she needed some intel on her extensive family tree as Algos ended up catching her off guard during their last encounter and she can't have that happen again.

"Mama? You here?"

END POST | THE STRONGEST AVANT

Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ] Sumera-character-list
Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ] Left_bar_bleue59000/99999Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ] Empty_bar_bleue  (59000/99999)
Tiers:

Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ] Empty Re: Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ]

Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:47 am

Within Eternal Darkness

It had been awhile since another had graced the large halls of chaya’s castle. The gothic abomination, with it’s lofty arch-peaked ceilings, with multicolored light filtering in from above, had long been for one person--Inami Asthavon. When the large doors to the castles throne opened, and those words echoed across the empty space, A woman whose form was garbed in rumbled clothes, who lay hidden underneath the many covers of her bed, turned over, her golden eyes drearily opening. Hair all ruffled and astray as she rolled back over, grumbling lightly.

Inami pulled the covers over her head as a little glowing light formed in front of her supposed daughter. The little will-o-wisp would bob too and fro, circling around Iota once, then twice, and one more time still for good measure before it set off through the castle. The little lightly meandered around suits of armor, flitting too and fro--but always stayed in Iota’s line of sight as it’s mission was to guide her to her mother.

As for inami, she remained under her blankets. Enjoying the warmth from the many sheets of cotton and satin that lay atop her. Honestly, the queen had forgotten that Iota was supposed to come today. She had grown so used to being alone, that at times she forgot that this little woman was technically hers. It was as strange as the day Iota had first showed up, announcing who she was, and how she was connected to Inami. At first she hadn’t believed it, until the blood within Iota had called to her in a way that only her closest kin could. After that, she had been shocked.

Then she had been happy, because while it had not been as she had intended, she still had someone she could dote upon. Even if Inami had not birthed her in the way humans did, they weren’t humans. Just because Iota had lived a life before becoming Inami’s daughter did not make it any less true. The blood that flowed through her was Inami’s own, and it was that call of blood that had caused Inami’s maternal instincts to manifest from the moment she had felt it’s calling. She had lost her only daughter a few years back because of her own negligence, so to have this chance to do better for another filled her with a deep sense of satisfaction.

More than mere satisfaction though, the revelation that she had a daughter of her own helped fill a part of the void that had been left in the wake of recent events in her life. To be able to pour her heartfelt emotions into another, was a rewarding experience that she had needed desperately.

It would take a few minutes, but eventually the meandering will-o-wisp would have made it’s way up to Inami’s room, where the queen would have opened her eyes to stare at Iota, a small, sleepy smile adorned her face. Her raven locks mussed and in disarray, her jammies were ruffled too, the faintest hint of the cat pattern on it visible from the slight bit of it visible from under her blankets.

”Oh, it’s you Iota. Come here darling.” Inami’s voice was drawling in her state of half-awakeness. Still, that lovely sleepy smile that adorned Inami’s face was accompanied by the woman slipping out of the mountain of blankets just enough to hold her arms out to give a hug to her daughter if she chose to come over to her mothers bed.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ] LzZCuy7
Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ] BtXe12b
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ] Left_bar_bleue7900/999999Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ] Empty_bar_bleue  (7900/999999)
Tiers:

Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ] Empty Re: Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ]

Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:23 am

IOTA ASTHAVON

The will-o-wisp honestly surprised her at first, expecting something more physical to come and greet her. Though that wasn't to say her little companion wasn't welcome, just a surprise she wasn't expecting. She followed it willingly, assuming that it was the better alternative than wandering around the large castle. Walking behind this construct, gave her time to reminisce on her times in the castle. While not incredibly long, they were fun. It's crazy to think that a few months ago she was a kid and now she was almost a full-blown adult. Technically a teenager, but she would never admit to it.

As she entered the room and caught sight of her mother, still in bed, Iota could not help but sigh.

"You forgot about me, didn't you." Her head tilted to the side abruptly, like a confused dog or a disappointed daughter. Despite this, Iota walked up to Inami and placed a kiss on her forehead, showing her affection for the Queen, and returned the hug. While Iota hated all demons, she didn't hate her mother. For some reason, Inami was more like the more deviant demon that Iota could have ever met, defying every stereotype for them that pre-existed. "You know, it's not good to stay in bed all day. C'mon! We made plans, remember?" Playfully, Iota attempted to drag Inami out of bed forcefully but clearly didn't have the strength to do so and only made an inch worth of progress. "It's almost midday! And they say that if you stay in bed all day that means you're developing depression. Are you depressed mother?" There was a clearly taunting stare directed at Inami, accompanied by a skeptical face. The natural conclusion would be that Iota was judging her. Was she?

Perhaps.

Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ] Left_bar_bleue59000/99999Mother, O' Mother! [ Iota x Inami ] Empty_bar_bleue  (59000/99999)
Tiers:

Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:44 am

Within Eternal Darkness

”You forgot about me, didn’t you” Listening to the words that her daughter said, Inami couldn’t help the twinge of guilt that wormed it’s way within her. She had forgotten, and she wouldn’t pretend otherwise. So when Iota came over, planting a kiss atop Inami’s head, Inami drew her daughter into her embrace, snuggling up into her. In many ways, Iota had saved her, though she’d never tell the little lady such a thing. She had been a way that Inami had been able to move past her pain, afterall, she couldn’t disappoint such an innocent little lady could she?

”Mommy’s sorry, she was a little sleepy.” Inami said gently as she caressed the back of Iota’s head. Much like her little daughter had given her a kiss on her forehead, Inami softly gave her a kiss upon her cheek before she allowed Iota to drag her out of bed. Her clothes changing as she was pulled forth from the sanctum of her bedsheets. Leggings and a soft yellow dress soon replaced her jammies, and Inami’s expression shifted softly.

When Iota spoke of depression, Inami’s lips curved and she giggled softly. Even if the girl was far closer to the truth that Inami would ever like to admit, she wouldn’t let it show. Instead she picked her daughter up playfully twirling in a circle before setting her down once more. A feat that was almost comedic due to her daughter being larger than her.

”Depressed? Me? You think mother would let her emotions get her down dear?” Inami’s voice was warm and bubbling, full of joy and compassion as she ruffled Iota’s hair until it frizzed out in all directions. Once she finished, Inami glanced out the window and asked her daughter.

”What would you like to do today? I did promise you we’d do whatever you wanted poppet. Let mommy know what your heart desires.”

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:06 am

IOTA ASTHAVON

Getting picked up by someone shorter than her was never going to be normal to her. Especially when that person was her mother, who basically chose to be that tall. There was definitely a feeling of 'I'm too old for this' that Iota had, but she didn't want to ruin the moment with her mother. She could tell that the little thing like this made her happy, and ruining it with her pride and ego would pain both of them. When Inami was sad, Iota was sad and she assumed it was vice versa. Then a question was posed.

”Depressed? Me? You think mother would let her emotions get her down dear?”

"Honestly? ...Nevermind. Just know that every camel has its breaking point, just make sure you know where yours is and how close you are to it. I'm all ears if you want to talk, I'd know you'd do the same for me." A smile found its way on her face as Iota was just enjoying the moment with someone that she loved. Even in her past life, there was never a feeling like this, a feeling of joy from just being around a person. If work wasn't her top priority, it was very likely that Iota would have lived in this house with her mother instead of in the central city.

”What would you like to do today? I did promise you we’d do whatever you wanted poppet. Let mommy know what your heart desires.”

For a moment, she had to ponder about what she was going to respond with. Eventually, after a brief silence, she opened her mouth to let the noise flow out. "Well, we were supposed to study magic today, but if you're not feeling up for it then we can skip right over it and head straight to lunch. It has been a while since we've sat down and talked with each other, let alone had a meal together and I want to show you how far my cooking skills have come!" She spoke of a time not long ago when Iota tempted to cook breakfast-in-bed for Inami only to arrive with burnt toast, burnt butter, burnt cereal, and burnt water. Calling it a miracle would have been an understatement.

"It's up to you, really. Magic can always wait for another time, Khala knows I need to spend some time away from work and that whole ordeal. You know, when I meet the rest of the family I sometimes wonder how many of them are related to you. Take Algos for example. Nothing really needs to be said for you to understand where I'm going with this." From how she spoke it was clear that this was weighing heavily on her consciousness, something that was bottled up for a while now and had really been bothering her.

Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:28 am

Within Eternal Darkness

”Mother will let you know if I get to that point” Inami said gently, genuine warmth ablaze within her. How did she deserve happiness like this? She didn’t know, but she was grateful for it all the same. She paused and listened to what her daughter wanted--a lesson on demon magic. She vaguely remembered that she had promised her daughter a lesson of that nature a few weeks prior. However before she began to respond on that, Iota reminded her of the time in the not-so-distant past that she had tried to cook for her.

Everything had been so burnt, even the water had motes of soot in it somehow. All of it had looked positively inedible, but she still had eaten it all. Even though it tasted like ash, with the tiniest hint of the things they had been supposed to be. She had made sure every dish had been spotless by the time she had been done with them, if for no other reason than her daughter had cooked it for her. She remembered how happy she had been, and how she had thanked her daughter for the first meal someone else had tried to cook for her. While it hadn’t been the best, Inami had felt blessed to receive it.

”I look forward to that Iota, I can’t wait to see what lovely things you plan to make me.” Inami said, as she gently pinched her daughters cheek fondly. Afterwards, Inami’s mind drifted back to the matter at hand--what Iota had wanted. So inami spoke once more.

”I’m more than happy to teach you about demon magic dear. Would you mind telling me what you know of Demon magic?” Inami asked softly as she made her way over to one of the large sofa-like beanbag cushions that lay nestled in the corner by the window. She’d gently drag her daughter along by merit of having held her hand when she had begun to make her way over here. After sitting down, Inami’s golden eyes remained upon her daughter as she waited for her to start speaking.

After all, she couldn’t start to teach her about the magic that was alight in everything within this realm if she didn’t know what Iota already knew. The arcane was something that Inami was undoubtedly familiar with, far more than any other demon. Perhaps even more than her dearest sister mana. Afterall, everything in this realm was tied to demon magic, be it the motes of energy that lay within the air, or the seals that their young gained to connect to the demon god.

After getting situated in her seat, Inami conjured up some snacks from thin air. Just simple things, chocolate croissants. Something that Inami had always loved to eat, even if she didn’t do it often. There was just something about the combination that made her toes curl in delight. Picking one of the croissants, she’d nibble on the edge, her eyes drifting to the window to look out at the courtyards below, formulating a plan for the lesson she was going to give her daughter in demon magic, based upon the reply that was given to her.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:02 am

IOTA ASTHAVON

It annoyed her slightly when Inami pinched her cheeks, treating her like a child. Though it was only for a moment so Iota could let it slide. If she stopped at every small thing that annoyed her she wouldn't get to enjoy the times that don't.

"Ah well, see-" She watched her mother conjure food out of mid-air and started to eat it, despite the fact that it was covered in chocolate. "First you're depressed and now you're stress-eating. If you don't watch yourself- just watch yourself. You won't stay young forever. Or maybe you will? I don't know, demons are weird. Anyways, you know about my whole... situation, right? Because I'm a different breed than you so to speak, so I can't really use the same magic as you. However, because I have a more innate ability to mold my magic, it allows me to do some more fancy things." There was a look of excitement on her face, like a kid running off to go tell somebody about this awesome thing they did. A few strides away from Inami, Iota would continue her explanation.

"Alright so, I've figured out that it's basically a me thing. Every time I cast a spell, there's a warm surge through my body as I can materialize it into the world. For example..." Inhale, exhale. As she mentally prepared herself to cast a spell, the room fell silent for but a moment. There was a slight tension in the air, the world was waiting to see what Iota would do next.

"Release all ethics, abandon every code..." Ever so slightly she started to rise off the ground, inch by inch. "Miracle." After a short while, inches turned into feed as Iota was basically flying now. While this wasn't necessarily a feat to someone of Inami's caliber, it still meant a lot to her. Anyone could figure this out because she had a huge stupid grin on her face. While she'd normally be all calm and collected and stoic,, Iota felt like she could relax and have fun when with her mother.

"Are you seeing this?!"

Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:47 am

Within Eternal Darkness

As she watched Iota wriggle with glee and excitation, Inami couldn’t help but feel the burden that had weighed upon her heart as of late dissipate just a little more. Maybe it was selfish of her, to take for granted the wonderful connection that had been granted to her, but she was willing to be selfish in this instance. She allowed the feeling that she had only begun to recognize as love wash over her. Even if she was afraid of such foreign emotions, Inami was willing to brave that uncertainty because her daughter deserved nothing less. Such were Inami’s maternal instincts, which had been left forgotten till Iota had come hurtling into her life.

That being said, as Iota talked about stress eating, the queen’s countenance shifted. If she was human maybe she’d have been mollified at such a notion, but she wasn’t human, was she? Her appearance was as much a vessel solely created to encompass her will, as it was formed of her own personal preference. The smile that had adorned her face at watching the antics of her child had shifted slightly with those words, bemusement and mirth adding themselves to the tapestry of love, kindness, and happiness that exuded themselves from Inami’s being. Oh how Inami could not help but tease her daughter then.

”Well we wouldn’t want that would we dear? I have to keep my girlish figure in the hopes I can find you a father someday don’t I?” Inami jested, her voice airy and playful until it inevitably degenerated into a fit of giggling, her slightly dry and raspy voice alight in mischief and glee.

Only when her daughter asked about age did Inami sober up a bit, her voice still light and cheery, but taking on a slightly more serious tone, if nothing more than because this was something her daughter needed to know, one of the major things that separated demons from most other races.

”Mommy never will get old dear, neither will you. We can live as long as we please to, such is a part of being a demon.” Inami said softly, before lasping into silence as Iota began to talk about her magic, how it was different than most, how she was different than most.

”I’ll try to see if I can sense what you are doing daughter. Inami spoke before she gazed upon her daughter, utilizing her capacity to influence the realm around her, in combination with her knowledge of demon magic, as well as her capacity to visually discern magic being brought into the realm to try to understand the connection between her daughters magic, and the power that filters through the realm--za koa. She could see the power as it washed over her daughter as she brought forth magic into the realm. A miracle she had called it.

When her daughter once more landed upon the ground, and asked aloud if she could see what she had done, Inami could not help but affirm her daughter, it was as natural as breathing for her, despite how awkward it felt for Inami to do so.

”Yes dear, I did see it. What did you think of when you spoke those words, when you were trying to bring forth the effect of your magic into the realm, what kind of emotions went through you? Can you explain it for me? “ Inami inquired, trying to gently coax her lovely daughter to think of those sensations and emotions, if nothing more than because they could help her become more familiar with the sensation that was brought out by her own unique train of magic.

Inami picked up another croissant, using a tiny bit of energy to warm it up just enough that the chocolate inside was yummy, warm, and ooey-gooey--just how she liked it. Taking a bite from it, her eyes remained upon her daughter, to show her that she had her mothers complete, undivided attention.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:52 am

IOTA ASTHAVON

Her feet lightly touched the floor as the effect of Miracle wore off, prompting Iota to pull out a pocket-sized notebook from her backside. It looked pretty odd as it had a more demonic appearance to it, looking to be more crude and homemade rather than a notebook which would have been easily accessible.

"Alright, from what I've been able to gather... there are two types of spells. I've taken the liberty of calling them Root and Brach spells, as Root seems to focus on more fundamental aspects and molding them into what you want rather than Branch, which takes your desires and molds them into a physical or metaphysical form. What you just witnessed, Miracle, was a Root spell. A simple one at that." A weak, self-deprecating laugh echoed in the room for a moment as Iota paused. While it was nothing incredibly special, she was sort of proud that she was able to come to these conclusions all by herself.

"When it comes to something like Miracle, as it relies on enhancing the body to perform phenomena, it seems to draw whatever magic power from without and direct into me. It seems to work stronger with an incantation, making it more potent and lasting for a longer period of time with it than without. I have also come to notice that it seems these Root spells are still grounded in a degree, despite the fact that it is indeed magic. So for example, I can't seem to compel a person to love me, but I can't discern if that was whether for the fact that I am unlovable or if that is just outside the scope of these Root spells. To explain what it feels like, it feels... warm and tickles ever so slightly. As if a friendly current shot its way through your body but had no intention of dealing you harm. It is odd, to say the least." That spheal over with, Iota looked at her mother for a moment to see if she was still listening, waiting to hear what her thoughts were on the matter.

Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:51 pm

Within Eternal Darkness

Inami nodded faintly at the explanations that were given to her by her dearest daughter. After witnessing the feat that lay before her eyes, Inami had remained ponderously quiet. After all, the feat that was shown to her by her daughter was something that many demons had some capacity to achieve. That wasn’t what had caught her attention, instead, that had been how her daughter had gone about it. Molding the world, shaping it into something that she had so aptly called a miracle. To Inami it seemed almost like the girl was imposing her will upon the world, giving it shape through these two pathways in which her energy had been allowed to run along.

Inami’s golden gaze glittered as she thought of the possibilities. After all, such magic was often capable of reaching dizzying heights, only limited by the drive of the individual who commanded it. The thought that her daughter had such capacities, did bring the faintest of smiles upon Inami’s lips as the sweets and beverages that lay upon the table had quickly become forgotten in the wake of such interesting ponderings.

”It seems like you said, you’re imposing will or function upon the world around you, molding the building blocks of the realm to suit your needs through your magic. That warm feeling may be the recognition that this magic has for you, given it is as much a part of you as any other aspect of your being. While you may not know what it will become at it’s fullest potential, it is yours. “

After such statements, Inami paused for a moment. Thinking of how she could give comparison to what her daughter could do, to what she herself was capable of doing. It took her but a moment of silence to organize the many thoughts within her head before she could continue with what she was saying.

” In some ways it is similar to what I do. While you ground your magic in function and or will, Mine is purely built upon my will and desires. When I gaze upon the realm, I see motes of magic, I see threads of energy that can be pulled, sewn, and changed to suit my needs. Everything is composed of the power native to our realm. I in turn pluck those motes of power, those tendrils and threads and weave them into what I desire. Be it a physical manifestation in our realm, or raw energy, either can be gleaned so long as it is my desired outcome. “

Inami turned a palm over as if to demonstrate, slowing down the motion that would normally just blink into existence. She’d show her daughter the tiny motes of power that collected inwards in minute threads, weaving together to form a billowing mass of power within the queens palm. This simple incandescent ball would soon shift, forming a horse which pawed the air, the horse would then rise from her palm--galloping across the room. From it’s hooves, motes of darkness dissipated as the queens blackened energy dispersed back into the realm surrounding it.

”My advice would be to keep exploring the utmost limits of what your two paths to your magic can do daughter. Like a muscle, only by overtaxing and stretching the limits of your power do you learn what you can, and can’t do. I know it’s boring to hear me say it, but rote repetition sometimes is the only way to find out how your power works. Through that you will find how the energy flows when it is brought into fruition. How you enact your will upon the world is just as important for us demons as the outcome of the magic you’ve wrought. Does that make sense dear?”

Inami asked softly, stopping her speech for now to see if her dearest daughter still followed what she was saying.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum