Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Cala Paracer
Cala Paracer
Established Member

Small Fish, Big Ocean [Cala/Hana] - Page 2 Empty Re: Small Fish, Big Ocean [Cala/Hana]

Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:23 pm

CALA PARACER

Enter Cala's Post

Posting Music:
N/A

Cala would enter the game with Hana a bit more relaxed than normal. They had, after all, agreed to work on training to their other half and working with a Shinigami on a rather difficult video game about sword fighting seemed a good place to start! At the very least Cala was somewhat familiar with the game so when they took up the sword controller and noticed Hana observing her own they gently helped her attach the wrist strap and indicated with their own where the buttons were for certain abilities. One was for a sort of beam blade, the other for a shockwave slash and the last was for an Ultimate attack depending on which one you chose.

Cala idly picked the protection Ultimate, letting them take some extra hits without taking damage, and as Hana inserted the coins Cala nodded.

"Mhmm!~ I'm glad I get to play with someone this time."

The first level was rather simple, the very first enemies of the game being two small demons who emerged to battle each player one-on-one with telegraphed attacks in slow, ponderous motions. Cala handled their demon easily enough and was almost giddy at how fun this was and how.... calm they were compared to their first time playing. The first level only consisted of slightly more difficult versions of those initial enemies and finished with a slightly more difficult fight against a melee enemy and a lava-spitting enemy who would occasionally fire from a distance. It was hard enough to be fun and Cala snorted a small laugh at the silly death animation of the flying enemy as they glanced over to see how Hana was doing.

Code By:
[THEFROST]

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Small Fish, Big Ocean [Cala/Hana] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Small Fish, Big Ocean [Cala/Hana] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Small Fish, Big Ocean [Cala/Hana] - Page 2 Empty Re: Small Fish, Big Ocean [Cala/Hana]

Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:12 pm
Small Fish, Big Ocean [Cala/Hana] - Page 2 Hana_PostingHeader1
Enter: Hana Aoyama

Hana appreciated what guidance Cala provided, smiling as she took note of everything Cala explained. This shouldn't be too hard, though this was the first time she ever played a video game. Soon, the coins were in and things on the screen changed. The game had begun. Certain symbols caught her eye, like the damage and life meters. On the first level, two demons showed up, one for each of them, and their slow motions moves giving her time to get into the swing of things.

"Okay, this is pretty fun," Hana said.

Enemies came at her, and she could mostly handle them. She lost one life at the end of level two, but was able to come back. Hana was completely immersed in the game, her focus letting her eyes dart around the screen. The more fun parts came when it wasn't one-on-one battles, but times they could help each other. Hana needed saving once or twice, but she was proud of saving Cala the one time it came up. It was level seven that she lost her last life, and put the controller down.

"I really enjoyed that," Hana said, smiling widely as she wiped a bead of sweat from her brow. "I've never experienced a method of entertainment quite like this. What did you call it again? It's so engaging, quite invigorating to say the least."

End Post
Cala Paracer
Cala Paracer
Established Member

Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:31 am

CALA PARACER

Enter Cala's Post

Posting Music:
N/A

Cala was more than happy to help Hana when she needed it, happy to do so even, and even as they lost lives and got closer to defeat Cala continued to have fun either way. They didn't get quite as engrossed in the game as Hana did, instead focusing on just helping her and feeling as comfortable in the game as they could. Once the two of them did die and the game ended Cala removed their own headset and smiled softly, nodding in agreement with Hana for a moment before blinking.

"A-Aahhh um.... I think they're called games err... video games I think?"

After this Cala would move off to the side, letting the next set of players step up, and once they did so Cala would motion to Hana and indicate a small table for them to sit at. Sitting across from Hana Cala would glance around briefly before pursing their lips and tilting their head.

"Hana? You umm... you're.. a-a Shinigami, right?"

Cala wasn't exactly nervous about asking, not really, but it was something they didn't want to just blurt out. They had seen a bit of how Hana fought and carried herself and, from what their other self told them about how the Shinigami they had confronted fought, they seemed to have similar styles.

Code By:
[THEFROST]

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Small Fish, Big Ocean [Cala/Hana] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Small Fish, Big Ocean [Cala/Hana] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:19 pm

"Simple, yet clever. Video games," Hana said, giggling.

She felt rejuvenated after that. When she noticed other people were waiting, she followed Cala's lead. Grabbing her smoothie, she followed Cala to the table and sat across from her. The headset had pulled at her hair some, so she pulled out a mirror, removed the band that bound her hair, and let it all fall loose. As she was brushing her hair, Cala brought something up that surprised her for a moment.

"Oh, I see. I assume you are a human capable of identifying different types of spiritual pressure?" Hana asked and then smiled weakly. "I am not very skilled in that capacity. I can sense your spiritual pressure is above normal expectations for a human, but little else. I need to work on it. Is my being a Shinigami a problem?"

End Post
Cala Paracer
Cala Paracer
Established Member

Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:50 pm

CALA PARACER

Enter Cala's Post

Posting Music:
N/A

Cala watched Hana undo her hair and begin brushing it, idly humming at the casual action, but when Hana made her assumption Cala simply nodded. Their own short-styled hair bobbing softly above their shoulders Hana's indirect compliment to Cala's own spiritual energy made them blink, rapidly, and blush softly. Coughing into a hand they shook their head, their voice cracking a little out of sheer bashfulness.

"A-Ah! No no n-not at all just umm..... ermmm....."

Cala fidgeted a little bit, suddenly feeling put on the spot, and averted their eyes as they tried to think of exactly how to phrase what they wanted to say.

"You umm... I mean earlier when you checked your phone, I guess I have just never seen a Shinigami treat well.... being one like... a job? I thought it was more of a way of life o-or like.... a cult or something."

Cala shrugged softly, pursing their lips, and returned their lavender eyes to Hana, lavender cheeks now matching them as Cala fiddled with their shrine maiden gown out of nervous habit. Turning and twisting the shash of clothe around their midriff gently. Only for them to wince after a minute of thought at how rude calling Hana's lifestyle a cult was.

"N-Not that you seem like a cultist or anything... oh gosh.... I'm just making things worse aren't I?"

Cala sighed and forlornly plopped their face into their hands, hiding their face, and burned an even brighter red all the way up their pale neck to the tips of their small ears even as their raven hair came loose just enough to somewhat fall across their face as a curtain.

Code By:
[THEFROST]

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:17 pm

Hana found the comment about her "job" more entertaining. She chuckled and finished brushing her hair back up into a neat ponytail while Cala had a mini-breakdown that wasn't necessary. After putting her brush away, Hana leaned into the back of her chair and crossed on leg over the other, her posture almost perfect.

"Cala, don't be silly. I can understand that view," Hana said, still smiling. "Many of my peers do treat being a Shinigami as a lifestyle. I never thought of the word 'cult,' but I find it funny. You're not wrong, in some cases. For me, however, this is a job. I chose it to get away from my overbearing family. It's how I make a living."

Hana took a look at Cala's outfit. She noticed it before, but hadn't thought much of it. Now, it was a piece of their conversation. "I take it by your outfit that you are a shrine maiden, a priestess, of some sort," Hana said. "What is that life like?"

End Post
Cala Paracer
Cala Paracer
Established Member

Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:41 pm

CALA PARACER

Enter Cala's Post

Posting Music:
N/A

Cala did eventually sober up from their embarrassment, if only slowly, and still feeling entirely and completely bashful about the unintended insult. Compared to Hana's truly regal posture Cala's thin shoulders were slumped, and their expression was one mostly neutral but obviously anxious in comparison to her pristine smile. On some level Cala appreciated Hana's calm demeanor about the whole situation but really they were being harder on themselves than Hana was on them, at least internally.

Even so Hana steered the conversation onward, asking after the outfit Cala wore, and Cala blinked slowly. Truth be told outside of when people were giving Cala donations and talking to them about their wishes or spirits or.... the things they talked to normal shrine maidens about. Truth be told Cala had not absorbed much of any knowledge about the lifestyle but they thought on their feet and shrugged their shoulders. They couldn't quite look Hana in the eye as they technically told the truth, instead averting their lavender orbs and crossing their arms softly over their svelte chest. Mumbling softly they would echo Hana's own language.

"A-Ah umm.... it's... how I get away from home and make a living too. Not much of one b-but..... I do like it when people smile about their desires being heard. Lots of people... I guess.... just don't wanna feel trapped and want someone to talk to. Some of them only feel comfortable coming to a shrine maiden......"

Cala trailed off, shrugged again, and crinkled their small nose at something Hana had said. Their expression confused as they turned their eyes back to her.

"You umm.... have an overbearing family?"

Cala then blinked, slowly, confused as to how someone could get tired of their own family, or what someone's family would have to do or be to be so tiring. Cala... vaguely understood family, at least with respect to how they felt about Ari as an older sister, so the concept of not wanting anything to do with family was very foreign to them. Foreign enough to make them frown softly in confusion.

Code By:
[THEFROST]

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:12 pm

To Hana, Cala was just sweet. The shyness was adorable, but there was a need for a confidence boost of some sort. As Cala explained her own situation, Hana just smiled, listening until the conversation was brought back to her. Hana took a deep breath. Overbearing was an understatement at times. Her parents were angering, selfish, and cared nothing for her own dreams or desires. As Hana thought about it, she started getting frustrated herself. When she realized it, she shook her head as a way of shaking the thoughts out. She sighed and looked to Cala.

"Yes, my family is very overbearing," Hana said. "They gave me an ultimatum: fall into traditional lines via hypergamy or behave under modernization and become a soldier. I chose soldier. My father and mother's ages become crystal clear when they open their mouths and speak policy and tradition. The fools thought they cornered me, and are still angry I chose soldier. Personally, I find it hilarious."

The confusion on Cala's face brought Hana to tilt her head. She thought back to things she said and pinpointed what may have caused that. "Hypergamy?" Hana asked. When Cala confirmed, she smiled. "Hypergamy is the act of marrying upwards in social or financial status. Traditionally, women were taught to marry men who cold protect and provide. The providing meant wealth or power. A woman marrying upwards also increases the status of her own family, so if I married someone like... Well, just a wealthy man, his financial assets would help boost my own family. You see, father's indiscretions have caused my family's financial instability, and they think I should fix it by marrying someone I don't know."

End Post
Cala Paracer
Cala Paracer
Established Member

Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:51 pm

CALA PARACER

Enter Cala's Post

Posting Music:
N/A

All of the information Hana gave made Cala's head spin. They did indeed nod when Hana asked if hypergamy confused them and their face scrunched up as if they just bit into a lemon as Hana explained everything. None of that.... sounded like what family was supposed to be. Whether it was naive or not Cala shook their head and that lemon-bite face quickly turned into one of a somewhat-pouty resolve as Cala's brow furrowed.

"I don't... think you should have to be a soldier to avoid being with someone you don't know."

It was a simple statement, but one Cala put a good amount of conviction behind, another firm nod emphasizing the point. They kept their arms crossed, tightened them even as if squeezing in frustration themselves at the idea, before they thought back on their own date and what their other self had told them about Aina. Their eyes darting upward briefly before they grimaced and shook their head.

"I think if you want to be with someone it should be because they help you escape your problems, s-someone who can be your partner, and help you with what you have to deal with. Umm... either by protecting you from it in the first place or help you escape from how they make you feel."

Granted even with this frustration-given conviction it didn't take long for Cala to wince and for that sheepish nature to return to the forefront, their shoulders sagging a bit as they mumbled.

"A-Ah.... sorry. I didn't mean to.... umm.... make it sound like you need to do what I say either. You should live a-and love however Hana wants."

At this Cala smiled softly, nodded, and uncrossed their arms.

Code By:
[THEFROST]

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:43 pm

That was new! The confidence was a nice change. Hana watched Cala bring some liveliness to her statements and could not help but find it wonderful. She smiled wider, nodding in agreement. Then Hana noticed something. The way Cala talked was interesting, like she was talking about something that she was experiencing herself. Hana raised a curious eyebrow. She went to talk when her phone rang.

"Hm?" Hana pulled out the phone and realized she was close to missing her check-in. "I have to head out pretty soon, which is unfortunate. Is there a way I can contact you when I return? Do have a cell phone? I'd love to meet up with you again."

End Post
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum