Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
31 - A Visit to the Sixth [Mizu, Hono] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/031 - A Visit to the Sixth [Mizu, Hono] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

31 - A Visit to the Sixth [Mizu, Hono] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Visit to the Sixth [Mizu, Hono]

Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:55 am
31 - A Visit to the Sixth [Mizu, Hono] - Page 2 JGYv9eD

MORIKAWA MIZU

Though Mizu knew she wasn't terrible at the other parts of Zankensoki, she also understood her limitations well enough to realize Kidō is what she hangs her hat on. She might be able to get by with Shunpō and Hakuda, but of the four pillars she only found herself able to improve consistently in Kidō. For this reason she just responded with a subtle appreciative nod when Hono reassured her.

"Concentration is the most difficult part of Kidō, that is for sure. You have to know when to concentrate on your Reiryoku, when to then concentrate on forming your spell, and finally when to concentrate on where you want to the spell to go. If you are able to become adept at those three things then I have no doubt you can be a great practitioner too, Kaen-san! I will demonstrate how I do it, if you are interested."

Mizu stepped next to Hono and faced a training dummy located a distance away. Her golden gaze remained trained on the target as she raised her right hand and aimed her open palm at it before saying a spell's name "Hadō #31: Shakkahō." A mass of spiritual energy gathered at her outstretched palm and swirled into a crimson orb. Finally, it fired from her hand like a cannon and struck the dummy where it exploded into a small pillar of energy and flames which licked at the unoccupied ground around it. "If I can learn that, you definitely can too! And for what it is worth, besides the fact it increases the spell's power, using an incantation is like training wheels because you have to focus as you say it and that is really important for when you're skilled enough to not need it."

TAKING IT SERIOUS | END POST
Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
31 - A Visit to the Sixth [Mizu, Hono] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/031 - A Visit to the Sixth [Mizu, Hono] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

31 - A Visit to the Sixth [Mizu, Hono] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Visit to the Sixth [Mizu, Hono]

Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:50 pm

31 - A Visit to the Sixth [Mizu, Hono] - Page 2 18peDx2

Hono Kaen

Artist: - Song: - Word Count: 281

Hono would make sure to listen closely to what Mizu had to say! This was her chance to grow stronger. The Shinigami listened, concentrating the entire time was the difficult part for Hono, the battle was in her head, so thinking about the enemy while casting made things very difficult. With a couple of quick nods, Hono would take that to heart. A demonstration would actually be wonderful, Hono had to think about the last time she actually saw someone cast Kido like that.

Hono tried to follow along, matching Mizu's movements remaining completely silent. Once seeing the spell go off, Hono was impressed. "Man, no incantation huh~ That's impressive~" She knew Shakkahō! Time to really focus on what Mizu said, right now she was only focused on the spell, the entire way through. She would nod her head, and recreate Mizu's movements. Using the incantation to show Mizu. "Ye Lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Inferno and pandemonium, the sea barrier surges, march on to the south! Hadō #31 Shakkahō". The same orb would form in Hono's hand before it launched and exploded upon impact with the dummy. Hono let out a sigh before looking at her new friend.

"I can do that, but how do you do it in the heat of battle. If someone is running at me with a weapon it's a little hard to focus on the words..." There was Hono's problem, she had no issue using the basics, but when it came to applying it in a real fight, it's where she struggled. "Do you use your Kido when in a real fight?"

Coding in Template By:
https://www.platinumhearts.net/u1
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:30 pm

MORIKAWA MIZU

How do you use Kidō in a real fight? Mizu pondered the question for a few moments, crossing her arms in front of her and stroking her chin with her right hand as she did. She considered how, now at least, she doesn't even have to think about the spell itself as she casts it. She decides what spell to use, and uses it. That easy! But it had hardly always been that way for the Eight Squad Shinigami. Even after years of private tutoring, when she was in the Academy and being sent on team missions to get practical experience at no point was she able to "just use it".

As she started to answer Hono's question Mizu dropped her left hand to her hip and scratched her head with the right "Well, if I'm being honest Kaen-san, I am not sure when I stopped having to think about the spell on missions. I've never been a quick learner so it took years of repetition to get to that point. With enough muscle memory, you should reach a point where you decide to use a spell and you find yourself going through the motions to cast it, and you'll already be thinking of your next move."

Hono questioning whether Mizu does use Kidō in real fights almost made her bowl over out of laughter. Does she use Kidō in real fights? It's practically all she uses! "I do use Kidō in battle! I've come across some pretty scary enemies, and Kidō is usually my best sword and shield against them. After all, I certainly don't have anything else as strong as Hadō in the 80's!" At her last comment Mizu closed her eyes and rubbed the back of her head, knowing the truth in her own words. Other, more talented Shinigami had loads of tools at their disposal, but Mizu had to rely on her Kidō and Zanpakuto to get out of sticky situations.

Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:45 am

Hono Kaen

Artist: - Song: - Word Count: 181

Well... Mizu gave an answer, honestly Hono couldn't really be mad, I mean things like that would be very hard to explain. After a second Hono would nod her head, giving Mizu a rather soft chuckle. "Well, I guess I can try throwing my Kido out more often in a fight." She folded her arms, having a rather pensive look on her face, it wasn't really the easiest thing to just throw yourself into. "I guess it'll be a lot of hands on training huh?" Hono would soon put her arm around Mizu with a soft chuckle trying to be playfully. Hono soon removed her arm. "Next time I'm in a sparing match I'm going to focus on Kido!" She laughed.

80s?! Hono was... impressive Mizu looked so young and here she was throwing out super high level kidos. "DAMNNNNN" she said honestly shocked at her new friends skill. Hono than smirked. "Well hey! Since you're my friend, I'm going to need to catch up to you~" Hono was FAR from that, but hey, she liked giving her self big goals.

Coding in Template By:
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:02 pm

MORIKAWA MIZU

Glad Hono seemed to be taking her advice to heart, Mizu cheerfully nodded her head in acknowledgment of the woman's challenge to herself. She was grateful for the opportunity to help others the way she needed to be helped when she was still learning, and between Hono and Hana Mizu was even beginning to feel like a bit of a teacher of sorts. "Kaen-san, even if you are not yet comfortable using much Kidō in actual spars or fights, you can keep doing what you did just now. Practice makes perfect, as the humans say!"

Mizu was taken aback a bit by Hono's reaction to her saying she can cast Kidō spells in the 80's. She blushed momentarily, not fully used to this kind of reverence or surprise at her abilities. And then for Hono to declare her intent to catch up to her?! Mizu was nervous! She fully believed this woman could not just catch up, but would almost certainly surpass her someday as well. With how hard she had to work just to get to this point, Mizu was still more ready and willing to believe others could achieve what she had with far less effort. "Woah, Kaen-san! Just remember I helped you when you end up my superior!"

Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:39 am

Hono Kaen

Artist: - Song: - Word Count: 120

The pink haired woman would rub her neck, laughing a little bit. “I tend to be a little over enthusiastic!” Hono seemed to have calmed down just a little, man. She was… hyper? annoying? Pick which ever word you want. The Shinigami would than think about what to do next. “Maybe I’ll use Kido to take the enemy by surprise~ and then with one stroke I’ll remove their head~” okay… that probably wasn’t going to work Hono, but… keep believing in your self.

Superior? Hono would quickly shake her head. “Oh please~ you’ll be right beside me as best of the best~ I’ll make sure you keep up!” Hono chuckled. “Have some confidence in yourself!” She laughed. “You’re hella strong!”

Coding in Template By:
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:16 pm

MORIKAWA MIZU

It had been a long time since Mizu had become confident in her abilities as a Shinigami. She was no stranger to feelings of inferiority, but through hard work and years of training, she had accepted her development with relieved satisfaction. More than most, it took effort beyond anything she had imagined to get to where she is now. As she listened to Hono describe how she would kill her enemies, evidently in a pretty brutal fashion, Mizu thought about how far she had come even within the last year alone.

Hono's reassurance was kind, but Mizu felt it was a result of a misunderstanding and waved both her hands in front of her to brush off the compliment as unnecessary "Oh don't get me wrong Kaen-san, I'm plenty confident in my abilities! I would be disrespecting my hard work and all the amazing people who have helped me over the years if I wasn't. I just think you have the potential to really be great!"

Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:42 pm

Hono Kaen

Artist: - Song: - Word Count: 118

Hono also shared those feelings, she was far below her coworkers, so Hono felt she needed to push herself to get stronger, she would often feel she wasn't worthy of the Gotei which is why she spent so much time training, Hono was overly confident for a reason, she felt it might make people think she's stronger than she really was.

Hono let out a soft sigh, before putting her hands on her hips. "Well. I appreciate that Mizu~ Once I get strong, I'll make sure to put a good word in for my amazing teacher~" Hono walked up to Mizu, nudging the girl with her elbow. "You got any more tips for this magic thing?" She chuckled.

Coding in Template By:
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue May 02, 2023 1:58 am

MORIKAWA MIZU

Teaching others was beginning to become an enjoyable hobby for Mizu, who was grateful for Hono's vote of confidence in her. Though she felt amazing may be too generous a compliment, she was flattered nonetheless.

Mizu didn't have to think for long before she had several tips locked and loaded for Hono. She brought her hands up front of her, one flattened and then other balled up into a fist, and dropped the latter on the former like a gavel "I do have some tips, Kaen-san! Remember that while there are many schools of Kidō, like defensive, offensive, and supplementary magic, the fundamentals are all the same, for the most part. If you just focus on learning one or two simple spells in each school, I am confident you will grasp more complex ones quickly! What really helped me was practicing basic Barrier Kidō, as it is the simplest magic there is, but it still requires concentration and imagination to work at a high level."

Waffles
Waffles
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu May 04, 2023 5:01 pm

Hono Kaen

Artist: - Song: - Word Count: 171

The pink-haired woman would find herself nodding her head, listening to everything Mizu had to say. Start with a hand full of spells before branching out to the others. "I'll probably focus on the defensive spells. Sai specially would be helpful when catching people while on duty" Hono would think about it, so defense would seem to be what she would focus on first. "Maybe I'll work on some ranged spells as well. My sword skills are amazing, so it might be nice to use Kido to attack from farther away"

These were just some ideas at least, but hey Mizu was helping Hono with her biggest issue, starting. Hono could not figure out where to start, Hono would crack a smile, looking at her. "Hey Mizu. Maybe you wanna hang out sometime?" A bit of a random suggestion. "Not right now currently. But maybe another day? We can get some lunch or something" Hono really was trying to become friends with this girl, so might as well invite her out.

Coding in Template By:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum