Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Trash Duty [Eiji/Natasha] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10015/100000Trash Duty [Eiji/Natasha] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10015/100000)
Tiers:

Trash Duty [Eiji/Natasha] - Page 2 Empty Re: Trash Duty [Eiji/Natasha]

Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:46 pm
Trash Duty [Eiji/Natasha] - Page 2 C76Fg8Q

Neighborhood Brat

If he was honest with himself, Eiji was foolhardy. It was in his nature to take life by the reins and do as he pleased, whether that meant it was for the benefit of his health or not. Frankly, he was only led to this conclusion because of his nature. Surely as an adult, someone like Natasha would find this behavior childish and stupid. He knew that, but as a kid what else are you supposed to do? Even if he was of age now, the truth was he was a kid still.

"Huh?"

Though it took a moment to register, the boy couldn't help but question Natasha's motives. Was it really that easy to get her to give in like that? What kind of adult just... gives in. Was this safe? Was Natasha interested in getting the boy killed? A million thoughts raced through his mind before his empty, dumbfounded expression filled with a smile that only another kid could replicate. It didn't matter what the plan was, he had his in. He was going to get to seek the fun he was oh so very interested in. Eiji won, he thought.

"Are you serious? Or is this one of those jokes I wouldn't get yet. You ain't pullin' my chain yeah?"

He stood almost immediately as if commanded by an owner. The bag over his shoulder bounced from side to side as he jerked the opposite way around Natasha. Ain't no way she was messin' around, right? Who'd do that to a kid?

"C'mon, I ain't get that heart racin' a little thinkin' about helpin' a kid out in learning the ropes of the world? Gotta be some kind of motherly instinct in their if you're willin' to indulge me don't you think?"

A cheeky smile spread along his lips before he jerked backwards, eyes growing big at her sudden movement. What was she, twelve? Natasha blatantly played coy and acted like he was at the bottom of the food chain. Not just that, but to act like she was a five course dinner? That was a bit presumptuous.

"Yeah, yeah. You're the boss for a reason I guess. But, if we're goin' lets go. Where to?"

Ain't No Place For A Rat

Trash Duty [Eiji/Natasha] - Page 2 FXpoQxJ
Trash Duty [Eiji/Natasha] - Page 2 2Y9rqGk

Spoiler:
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Trash Duty [Eiji/Natasha] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Trash Duty [Eiji/Natasha] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:34 am
Trash Duty [Eiji/Natasha] - Page 2 GErtDg6

NATASHA MILLER | HUMANITY'S STRONGEST SOLDIER

"Nah. I'm not playin' any tricks, sweetheart. Against my better judgement, I'll humor this train of thought occupyin' yer mind. Part of me reckons that if I leave ya' alone to yer own devices, you'll probably go walkin' off and testin' things out on your own. Call it a woman's intuition, but you strike me as a reckless fella'. Since I'm strong enough to deal with almost everything outside of Vasto Lorde on my own, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to show you the ropes regardin' the spiritual side of the world."

He was indeed a childish man, but Natasha had dealt with her fair share of bratty individuals in the past. Her real worry was the possibility that he look into pursuing his desires on his own, without anyone to protect him. Motherly instinct? She supposed that point of view wasn't entirely wrong. Motioning for the young man to follow her, she would keep her gaze peeled, traversing the park until they left the general public area. Traveling deeper into the areas covered in heavier bushes of foliage, a hilly region separated from the park. In other words, she was descending into an area where lesser hollow enjoyed hiding until possible prey stepped into the ideal range to be attacked.

"We'll be headin' off to the location where hollow activity has been most prevalent. Like I said - do not leave my side. Survival is key in the spiritual world. Let your defenses down for a moment, and yer' as good as dead. We're not there, yet, so... if ya don't mind my askin', why are you so interested in explorin' something dangerous like this? This a pride thing or what?"

END POST | ALL IS WELL, SAFELY REST
Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Trash Duty [Eiji/Natasha] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10015/100000Trash Duty [Eiji/Natasha] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10015/100000)
Tiers:

Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:34 pm

Neighborhood Brat

Eiji was beside himself, this Natasha lady really had a knack for carin' about people it seemed. Scurrying off for but a second, the boy tossed the bag he'd been lugging around away before quickly returning to her side. Cadet Eiji was ready and reporting for duty, it was time to take his first field trip.

"I wouldn't say I'm reckless but if I wanna know somethin', I guess I'll do whatever it takes to learn it. So you've got me there. Besides, you could take me under your wing to secure my safety right? Easy peasy."

The same cheeky little smile Eiji seemed to flash all the time appeared again, his white locks shaking gently with the excitement of his body. He was ready, finally he was getting his chance to actually learn about the world. Ever since he had been kicked out, a majority of his time spent was doin' odd jobs for people to stay afloat. Even worse, for someone living with his boss Eiji didn't exactly do his fair share of housework. Of course, that came with the little brat attitude, it couldn't be helped. He'll learn, eventually.

"Take the lead, cap."

Following after Natasha, the pair finally came to an opening in the hilly region just outside of the park's exterior. Eiji had never been here for good reason, if left alone he'd be exactly what Natasha has been claiming this entire time, a nuisance to Hollows. Peering around at his surroundings, he shrugged and moved closer to Natasha, using her as a shield almost.

"Nah, it ain't about pride. I'm just curious I guess. Ever since I was a kid I knew about Hollows, spirits and the like. Not just that but I even have my own strengths, even if I don't exactly know how to use them appropriately. What's the harm in tryna' learn about the world we live in huh? Better that than gettin' eatin' alive doin' somethin' dumb and knowin' nothin' bout it don't you think?"

The boy wore his heart on his sleeve unfortunately, it was obvious that if given the opportunity he'd be doing something stupid. With Natasha's help, if he were to be in that situation alone, maybe he'd be able to fend for himself from here on out.

"Feels kind of quiet 'round here, don't it?"

Ain't No Place For A Rat

Spoiler:
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Trash Duty [Eiji/Natasha] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Trash Duty [Eiji/Natasha] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:31 pm

"Heh, awfully bold of ya to assume I'll come a' hoppin' to yer rescue, sweetie. That said, I reckon yer pretty perceptive at least. Not entirely a reckless buffoon lookin' to stare death down in the face. I ain't exactly the spittin' image of some saintly heroine, but I'll protect ya to the best of my ability. Provided ya don't go wanderin' off like I instructed."

What a brat. He was so abundantly confident in her unknown ability to rescue him from danger. Were she of lesser moral fortitude, she would have tested that ego of his by allowing him to operate in this sprawling area of foliage on his own. Since that wasn't the case, she simply chuckled in exasperation as she shrugged her shoulders. Truth be told, Eiji wasn't entirely wrong in his observation of the world. Natasha felt most ought to possess an awareness for the supernatural, even if all their ability amounted to was discerning spirits. Combat was far more ideal, of course, but not every human in the realm possessed the ability to fend for themselves. That's why the Vandenreich existed. That's why the Gotei existed. Defenders of the realm to act in defense of those who couldn't properly aid themselves.

"Shhh..."

Natasha slowly came to a pause, motioning for the man to stop as she heard a rustling noise in one of the bushes that surrounded them. From collection of green foliage that had shrouded it entirely, a group of lizard-like hollow emerged from the one of the trees, racing past Eiji to strike at Natasha. Avoiding the full breadth of their negligible attacks, Natasha kicked one or two of them in Eiji's general direction. Time to put his words to the test. Forming a spirit weapon in the shape of a revolver in the palm of her hands, Natasha rapidly fired off a few rounds to subdue a few of them. Crowd control, so to speak. There was no running away now.

"Let's see what yer made of, Eiji."

Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:16 pm

Neighborhood Brat

"Yeah. I might come off a little dumb but I'm not just gonna go and get myself killed. Hell, if I had a choice really I'd do my best to never be cau-"

As if commanded like a dog, Eiji went to a complete stand still as Natasha hushed him. It was clear that, whatever they had found themselves looking for, was finally upon them. Sure, it was clear that this little field trip was aimed at getting Eiji his first real encounter with a hollow, that wouldn't stop Natasha from using it as a learning experience though. Obviously, thought the brat. Why else would she accept such an absurd request like his.

"The hell is that?"

All he could really do was mutter to himself, the speed at which the hollows came barreling towards the two was more than he could have expected. It wasn't impossible to keep up with, nevertheless the boy was spooked. Who wouldn't be with somethin' comin' out of the woodworks without warning? Natasha was right, the hollows soon ignored Eiji and came at her like ravenous pups. He scoffed before the woman sent a hollow flying face first towards him unexpectedly.

"Natasha what the hell are you -"

Eiji was cut off, the hollow slamming face to face with him, his balance shifting just enough to send him stumbling back a few steps. Unbeknownst to the boy, his ability Spiritual Rust had lessened the impact of the hollow and protected him from any serious damage that could happen from coming in contact. That didn't stop his cheeks becoming flushed with red as he yelled at the supposed adult accompanying him.

"You tryna get me killed?!?!"

Throwing his little tantrum, Eiji kicked at the hollow repeatedly, his foot trying its best to leave an impression in it's stomach. One on one was more than fair for him he thought as he turned towards Natasha with a slight bit of worry in mind.

"You okay over there?" he said, continuing to kick at the rabid mutt.

"Ugly lookin' things..."

Ain't No Place For A Rat

Spoiler:
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:50 pm

"Hollows, darling. The type of things that'll creep up on ya when ya least expect it. Try and keep moving, though, will ya?"

Natasha was relatively fine compared to Eiji. She had dealt with minor hollow of this nature in the past. They were little more than minor annoyances at best, worth less than minimal effort. The revolver in her hand made quick work of the hollows that sought to crowd around her. Bullet after bullet connected with her targets, eliminating their ability to pursue her any further than an inch. Observing Eiji with a curious pair of eyes, she whistled softly, a playful mock to her tone, something that could only be described as a victorious hum tuned at his expense.

As she predicted, they chose the stronger source of energy first. Of course, those of lesser skill, recognizing that she was a threat not easily felled, turned their attention toward Eiji. Natasha vanished, reappearing beside him, standing back to back with Eiji to defend him from any of these bastards that attempted to strike him unawares.

"Nah, course not, sweetheart. Yer' safe around me, remember? Lesson 101, though. These spunky fellas' revel in workin' groups, especially if they're weaker. Like I said, they'll always choose the source that offers em' the most sustenance. If you encounter them, yer best bet is to avoid allowing them to crowd around you too much. Throw em' course, distract em', and then work from there. Course, that supposes that you'll encounter groups to begin with. They don't enjoy goin' public if they can avoid it. Which is why ya avoid exploring locations like these in particular to increase your chances of survival. Followin' me so far, darling?"

Humming softly, Natasha continued to fire her guns at most of the crowd surrounding them. Two more lizard-like creatures lunged at Eiji again, both attempting to claw at his arms and legs.

Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:19 pm

Neighborhood Brat

Eiji had his fill of the hollow at his feet, the little bugger squirming away and rejoining the pack before Natasha started yappin' her way towards him. It was obvious that this was a fun little game to her, hopefully she'd be getting her share of fun at his expense. He deserved, no doubt about it. Didn't exactly make him the happiest, though.

"You aren't as pleasant as you seemed before. You always take to teasin' boys like this?"

Letting out a groan that soon paired with an eye roll, Eiji jumped, startled from Natasha's repeated gunshots. Lady meant business, even if the hollows that surrounded them were effectively bait for her. Not just that, the woman went from zero to one hundred almost instantly, the gunshots followed with stealthy moves that he couldn't keep track of if he even tried. What did Eiji get himself in to? Glancing in her direction, he turned back towards the two hollows in front of him and groaned again.

"I bet you're havin' a lot of fun over there ain't ya? At my expense, no less. I'm followin', so basically you just want us to stick together and keep our distance. That's what I'm trackin', at least. How am I scorin' so far, huh?"

If Natasha wanted a game, Eiji would give it to her. Before he could prepare, the two hollows snarling at him lunged, trying their best to leave his body torn to shreds. Lucky for him, Eiji was a bit more sturdy than the normal guy layin' around. While one tried its best to latch on to his arm, the boy let his feet dig deeper and deeper into the other hollow's face, the force of his kick sending it flying. Turning his attention to the one latched to his arm, Eiji started to beat away at the lizard-like hollow's snout. Over and over, his right fist left dent after dent in it's snout, black ooze starting to cover the boy's clothes and skin, leaving burnt holes and torn skin on the surface of his body.

"God these things are gross. What the hell did I get myself into?"

He groaned, rolled his eyes and kept pummeling in hopes of leaving the hollow in a sprawled heap of ooze at his feet. Natasha was in for an earful after they were done. Eiji would make sure of that.

Ain't No Place For A Rat

Spoiler:
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:00 am

"Who? Me? Of course not, sweetheart. Well, maybe a little bit. Lil teasin' ain't ever hurt nobody now did it? Think of all this as a humble learnin' experience."

In all honesty, Eiji wasn't entirely wrong. Natasha reveled in teasing those she was fond of, and since he was a prideful lil' brat of a young man, she certainly couldn't resist the urge that came with having some measure of fun at his expense. Of course, by no means was she toying with his life. In order to learn how to adapt, one had to expect the unexpected. Small hollows, negligible and harmless as they were, easily stood out as the ideal options for target practice. From the corner of her eyes, Natasha could easily discern how well Eiji was adapting. It wasn't some perfect effort by any degree, but it was what necessary to survive. He was keeping his wits about him, a crucial framework to be mindful of. Remaining at his back, she maintained her line of fire as she offered a curt nod in response to his words.

"Guilty as charged, sugar. Yea. Ya got the basic beats of my lesson down pat. These lil things' love to crowd up whenever they smell blood. Lose sight of one, and they might go bitin' into yer neck. From the looks of it, though, I reckon yer' handlin yourself pretty well. Pummelin' the poor fellas to death is one way of takin' em out."

Each of the hollow that threw themselves in Eiji's direction met untimely fates as they were pummeled to death under the boy's fists. What was once a group soon started to falter into a small handful of pairs. Of course, Natasha was well aware that something bigger might be lurking around the corner, and after shooting down the almost all of the rest of these pesky lizards, she slowly grabbed onto Eiji's hand, pulling him along.

"Alright, that part of the lesson is over, but this next one might require ya sitting this one out. The reports spoke about something a little more formidable than those lizards. We clear, sugar?"

Blade
Blade
The Hybrid King

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:39 pm

Neighborhood Brat

"Why is it that the ugliest things in life always end up being the most annoying?"

Eiji was as cool, calm and collected as you could expect someone in his situation to be. It was pretty simple, right? Hollows were dead, things were going to calm down now and surely he and Natasha were simply gonna... stroll on out of here, right? Right. He shuddered, the blood that covered him from the hollows he had beaten starting to leave burn marks across the arms and filling his nostrils with the stench of burnt skin. This was, for lack of a better phrase, disgusting.

"What do you mean the lesson is over? Haha what do you mean? I can keep going no problem haha..."

The nervousness in his voice was obvious, the concern in his face even more so. Frankly, the one thing that kept him glued to the spot was an odd feeling, something he couldn't exactly put his finger on. It felt like the lizard's that had attacked them previously but... creepier. It made Eiji's skin crawl, his body shivering at the thought of whatever it could be.

"That isn't it, was it?"

Before the words could even escape the boy's mouth, what was a mere flash in his eyes soon became clear, a lizard-like hollow of humanoid shape leapt into view. It was faster, way faster than the scuttling boys that came before. From one side of the hill it came, almost instantly bearing down on Eiji and leaving its mark on him. Using its acidic touch, the hollow left a large handprint burned directly center mass, leaping past him and Natasha and coming to a skidding halt. Eiji fell, as expected, wiping away at his chest as the burn simply spread, cauterizing his wound nearly instantly and leaving him in immense pain.

"I see what you mean. Maybe I'm not cut out for this business."

Was it dangerous? Yeah. Was it fun? Yeah, maybe. Eiji was at a loss for words. What the hell did he get himself into?

Ain't No Place For A Rat

Spoiler:
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:08 pm

Natasha had to hand it to the young man, he was preserving well beyond what she expected. His display of will and tenaciousness was pretty exceptional, all things considered, and that boded well for his potential moving forward. Of course, one enemy still remained. Much like Eiji, she could sense the oncoming force rushing at them from the opposite side of the hill. It wasn't some remarkably large creature, but it was humanoid in size, a feature that afforded the soul-devouring beast a great deal of mobility. It flashed forward with ferocious speed, landing a blow on Eiji as it skidded past the both of them.

Slippery little bastard. Natasha directed an observational glance in Eiji's direction, noting his condition and the expression on his face. Contrary to what she expected, the prideful young sport wasn't screaming out in pain, or running away from the battlefield. Impressive. Was that his pride at play or was his ego just that high? Haha, he really did remind her of a stubborn protagonist who thought he could take on the world. Even so, he definitely looked like he needed a breather. A threat still remained, and so she intended to finish things off with this next attack.

Propelling her body forward through Hirenkyaku, she pulled Eiji from the ground, bringing him to her side. Ruffling his hair softly, Natasha lifted an upraised finger at the humanoid lizard. Azure particles formed at the center point of her finger, drawing in ambient reishi from the atmosphere. Swinging her finger forward, she shot it towards the creature with the intent of subduing it entirely. If it proved successful and the hollow was properly felled, Natasha would continue traversing the forest until they reached the hilltop, setting him down as she nudged him over the head.

"Don't go dyin' on me now, partner. I ain't gon' sit here and say I told you so, but... actually, you lasted longer than I would have expected. You didn't go runnin' scared first time you saw these creatures. I reckon ya kinda' got potential if you work on yer reflexes, and possibly discover a supernatural ability. How're ya feelin' right now?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum