Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Renounce Yourself (Shura/Elyss) Left_bar_bleue0/0Renounce Yourself (Shura/Elyss) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Renounce Yourself (Shura/Elyss) Empty Renounce Yourself (Shura/Elyss)

Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:36 am
Renounce Yourself (Shura/Elyss) UmFgHNH
Elyss Kishimoto | Red

Stepping onto these grounds again; one wondered their intention. However, despite popular belief, actions have consequences, and whether those consequences are good or not is but a case of ideology. Vacant stares do nothing to deter what has to happen though.

Elyss couldn't care less about their eyes. 'The Fourth Squad's forgiveness was never something she concerned herself with. She never deserved it, and she doesn't still. For now, she's come to meet with the only few that matter, the ones that still live after the massacre of Vastime.

"Bring me Kurata Shura."

A Captain shouldn't be approached so carelessly, but from what little she knows of the new Fourth Captain, she'll be having her appear soon enough.

END POST | Red

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Renounce Yourself (Shura/Elyss) Left_bar_bleue0/0Renounce Yourself (Shura/Elyss) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Renounce Yourself (Shura/Elyss) Empty Re: Renounce Yourself (Shura/Elyss)

Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:51 am

TAGS; - here NOTES; - here WORDS; - here MUSE; - here

For what seemed like one of the first time in ages Shura wasn't found within the training yard, which caused quite the delay in her requested appearance. Rather she was found within her room.... meditating? That was strange. However when she was told that not only a Captain not of their squad requested her appearance, but the Captain of Seventh Division, it took her but a few moments to respond in the affirmative. As she rose from the floor, her hand reached out to grab her Zanpakuto's sheath from its resting place in front of her. Placing it within her sash, she turned and rapidly pulled her Shihakasho top on and exited her room.

As she walked she did not walk with the air of arrogance she had always been known for, but rather she walked seemingly without emotion. Her eyes focused straight ahead and her face carrying a neutral appearance. When she turned the final corner and locked eyes with Elyss it took her but a moment to reach her with her Shunpo, stopping a mere 3 feet from the woman. "To what do I owe the pleasure, Kishimoto Elyss?" While others almost always referred to a Captain with their title... Shura was one of the very few that not only didn't address her own squad with their seats or titles... But she addressed no one save the Captain-Commander with such titles.

made by RR of DD, steal and i will sentence you to the true death!
Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:00 am
Elyss Kishimoto | Red

Her eyes busied themselves, watching the happenings of the Fourth Division. Once upon a time, she was given the opportunity to be their Captain. She refused, of course, for the circumstances did not fancy her sense of self. A wedge had been forever cast between her and the Division's people, but time has a way of diluting even the worse of feelings.

"I've already read the reports, but words from the mouth are always better. You know why I'm here."

Turning her head slowly, Elyss didn't seem to have much emotion in her gaze, but that's normal for the redhead. It is why so many think her frightening. No one can ever tell what's on her mind, when she'll snap with emotion, or if she's even mentally sound. However, Elyss has always been capable of reading a person, and Shura's entire person yells bruised.

END POST | Red

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:49 am

Ah... of course. It made sense in retrospect why the Captain of the Earth Affiliation Division was here. "There's little else to be added that my report did not already state. We were attacked by a force that was well and truly prepared for our response. Their forces outnumbered and overwhelmed us, simple as that. Our response was... inadequate." Of course... there technically was one thing she had omitted from her actual report, but such a thing was not something she was intending on revealing to her peers or others so casually.

"The foe I faced in particular, in conjunction with the mod soul Lerna, was at least as powerful as our own Captain Kanae in her Bankai. His regeneration capabilities were on par with a Vasto Lorde and though his raw power was not he possessed enough power to easily deflect my own Bankai which is based in its entirety on raw power." Of course this was all information she had already put within her report, so it was unlikely any of it was news to Elyss, however even as she spoke she kept her composure and never once turned her gaze away from the Captain before her.

Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:38 am
Elyss Kishimoto | Red

"Where were we lacking?" Elyss asked, posing the question in a casual manner.

Of course, as a Captain, it's her job to efficiently allocate resources where needed, especially when pertaining to the hole, but as witnessed, it wasn't enough. She could probably ask every Captain for their advice and come up with a suitable solution, but she wished to see the morale of those directly involved. Shura's hard to read with her direct emotionless way of reporting, but Elyss already knows that this isn't normal. Accounts of Shura related the woman to something similar to the redhead, but this is far from what Elyss was expecting.

"As a main participant, do you feel there was more than could have been done?"

END POST | Red

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:34 pm

"Where... were we lacking?" Shura repeated almost as if insulted that the woman would even suggest such a flaw... almost. It took Shura a second to process, during which Elyss posed her second question as to whether there was more that could've been done, which Shura met with just a soft scoff. Shura closed her eyes for a moment before she began to speak "Our response time was adequate. Little could be done to improve it save for having us stationed there indefinitely until this threat is dealt with in its entirety."

Of course they both knew this didn't answer either question. "Our strength however, is another story entirely. As I previously mentioned the creature I fought was at least as strong as Nagoshi Kanae utilizing her Bankai. It exhibited no release of its own whilst I fought it and it possessed its entire mask, meaning it was naught more than a hollow. Conclusion: Anything less than Bankai is entirely pointless to bring to the battlefield, and by the same token any kido users utilizing kido under 60s level kido might as well not even come to the battlefield as they will serve only to hinder our forces."

It was at this point she opened her eyes once more to look Elyss in the eyes "As a member of the Death Division, our training is insufficient for this threat. As the first responders to threats, this means the training of all other squads is beyond insufficient. Restructuring of our training regimes is required if we wish to begin coming even close to ready for a second encounter. Additionally, all those with Bankai should redouble their training with it from the beginning and all without Bankai need to redouble their efforts and attain their Bankai as quickly as possible, abandoning all other non-essential duties to focus that time on their training to achieve Bankai. That is, at the very least, what I believe, though there are many and more among our ranks that disagree either partially or entirely with my views."

Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:36 am
Elyss Kishimoto | Red

"You put a lot of stock into Bankai," Elyss retorted, not bashing but understanding Shura.

However, Bankai is seemingly the pinnacle of a Shinigami's power, one that Elyss never achieved. It made her wonder how her efficiency would have increased with the technique made her own. However, as it stands, dropping everything for the sake of it isn't something possible as it stands. Her Squad is already running rampant trying to keep Earth in a stable condition alongside the Vandenreich.

"Those with Bankai should grow their strength, correct, but maybe allocating our efforts better may prove beneficial as well. Those without sufficient power should stray away from tackling enemies too great for them to handle. Unfortunately, I will have to ask you do the same if there hasn't been a sufficient growth by the next conflict. Don't go looking for revenge against the one who defeated you."

In a sense, Elyss is calling Shura weak, but she's also thinking about the bigger picture. Hoping everyone gets stronger is wishful thinking. The Captains are required to mobilize now, for anything less in this war would be a catastrophic mistake. The enemy has shown them that.

"Thank you, however. I will take your advice when speaking with the others."

END POST | Red

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:57 am

Of course she put a lot of stock in her own Bankai, It was the one thing that all Shinigami strived to achieve for it was the pinnacle of their power. However as Shura stared at Elyss and listened to her speak, she couldn't help but let a smirk begin to form with each word she said. Of course she didn't expect Elyss to understand, after all she not only wasn't the Captain of the one and only division solely dedicated to the one thing that would keep them safe. Combat. But she was also rather obviously on a level that didn't match up to even Shura let alone their Captain, Kanae.

However, while Shura did look down on Elyss in at least a few ways, her retort that Shura SHOULDN'T join the fighting wasn't even taken as an insult... it was taken as an outright admission that Elyss knew NOTHING about Shura. As a result, Shura couldn't help but burst into a cackling laughter, one hand reaching up to grab her face as she almost stumbled backwards. The few other Shinigami that were around had heard this type of laughter from Shura before and made themselves scarce rather quickly.

"AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

She continued laughing for a few moments before she finally began to speak "You truly understand nothing Kishimoto Elyss. NOTHING! Listen I don't expect someone of your caliber to understand how the 4th operates, and I sure as hell don't expect you to understand the ways of combat on the battlefield. But listen closely." As she said that her head tilted forward again, her hand dropping from her face and resting on the hilt of her Zanpakuto, the look on her face entirely changed from just moments prior. No longer did she have a neutral and almost expressionless demeanor, now she had an extremely serious look, one of a lion about to pounce. "There are only two Shinigami in existence that can tell me what to do. Nagoshi Kanae, and Murasaki Kagayaku. You, are neither of them. Do not think you can control me nor tell me where I can and cannot go."

For those within the fourth, trying to command Shura around was one thing that not even their Vice Captain, a Shihoin, would dare think to do. For anyone within the fourth, doing such a thing would be something that would land them very swiftly in the infirmary if not just dead. "Your squad is in charge of diplomacy and information upkeep. Not combat. So if one of the highest ranking members of the squad whose sole focus is combat is telling YOU that Bankai is one of the only solutions to our problem you should take it far more seriously than you seem to be." Shura wasn't stupid, she knew that Elyss possessed capabilities that put her on the level of a Captain, however anyone who knew Shura... knew that meant very little when her pride was insulted.

Siegharty
Siegharty
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:12 am
Elyss Kishimoto | Red

Elyss has a tact for keeping herself in order, something she's built up over the years, but one could say that that tact came from a necessity rather than a want to better herself. However, bad traits are hard to simply bury forever, and Elyss can already hear the drumming in her ears, whispering to handle this situation in a way that'd only lead to trouble. It's hard to not rely on instinct to carry you through things like this, but she's become better than that. That's why she didn't seem too phased by Shura's sudden explosion of personality. In fact, something like this only went to put a smile on her face, something off-putting to say the least for the usually stoic woman.

"Yeah. I guess I wouldn't understand someone who's goal is to accomplish nothing but dying, but you're wrong on a few things. It probably wouldn't be impossible to have you barred from going to Earth. My mind's already brimming with countless reasons how to accomplish that."

Tilting her head and folding her arms, Elyss shrugged and shook her head.

"And don't get too ahead of yourself. I was almost your Captain, ya know? I simply turned it down, so don't go preaching about what it means to be a member of the Fourth to me. I know fully well what it means, but I'm not here to put a loud mouth in their place. I already got in trouble one time for embarrassing this Division."

END POST | Red

Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:23 am

Shura chortled quite audibly "Firstly you may have had the chance, but you didn't take it. Regardless of your 'reason', you aren't my Captain. Full stop. Secondly embarrassed? Because you killed a Captain? Zaraki killed his Captain in a single blow. THAT is embarrassing a division, what you did is not an embarrassment to our division it is an embarrassment to the Captain who once held the title so don't get ahead of yourself. Unlike the rest of this squad I don't give a fuck about you killing them, so don't think it's impressive to me."

Shura then waved dismissively towards Elyss "Now unless you have some kind of question that'll actually matter and that you'll take my response seriously with, begone. I have better things to do than waste my time speaking to someone with no desire to take the words of one who fought on the front lines seriously." Shura wasn't about to turn her back to a dangerous animal, she learned better than to do such. It was a chance for them to strike while you weren't looking, and she wasn't fool enough to think that Elyss wouldn't take such a chance.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum