Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Still Kickin (Kaede, Ehefra) Left_bar_bleue0/0Still Kickin (Kaede, Ehefra) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Still Kickin (Kaede, Ehefra) Empty Still Kickin (Kaede, Ehefra)

Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:48 pm
Still Kickin (Kaede, Ehefra) HEADER_F8J_sNpasAAXTBA

It didn't take long for Ehefra to pick up on a particular scamp making their way to the city of lights. After their last little encounter, she'd gotten familiar with their spiritual pressure and so when she sensed that familiar pressure in the city, she had certainly decided to drop in and pay them a visit.

She changed out of her uniform and work clothes, instead opting for a light jacket, tanktop and some jots. Unbothered by the colder weather even as she walked out into the city proper. Not like it was that cold out today anyway. Still, she hummed quietly to herself as she walked through the streets, eyes carefully peeled for the telltale glimpse of blue hair that she knew was around.

She wondered what the gal had been up to since they'd last met?
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Still Kickin (Kaede, Ehefra) Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Still Kickin (Kaede, Ehefra) Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Still Kickin (Kaede, Ehefra) Empty Re: Still Kickin (Kaede, Ehefra)

Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:41 pm
Still Kickin (Kaede, Ehefra) KvhwSds

KAEDE AKIMOTO | THE WILD CHILD

Finding junk to repurpose was both easy and infuriating. It was freezing out, but she had gotten used to the shifts in weather. Despite how bad it was for her health, she didn't really have many options. So, as Ehefra came closer to her energy signature, she'd find a pair of legs flailing as the other half of Kaede dug through the dumpster, frantically pulling a computer out.

It was a gamble, but some people often just threw their systems out whenever their experienced any kind of technical difficulty. If she could get it to boot up, or even just get it working again, she could use it for her own purposes, or scrap it for any future projects. Eventually, she managed to pull the desktop out, cords and all, setting it down on the ground next to her, a jacket set down to prevent any snow from ruining the electronics.

Kaede's face shifted to a wide, excited grin and shine to her eyes as she looked at the system. Carefully moving everything around, stacking the keyboard, mouse, and monitor on top of one another, she wrapped it all up in some of the spare items she had to do so with. But, in turning her head, she spotted Ehefra, freezing instantly.

The grin and excitement was swiftly snuffed out, replaced by discomfort and nervousness. Kaede smiled sheepishly as a hand quickly locked around her arm, gripping tightly, nails digging deep.

"Um...h-hey there."

END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Still Kickin (Kaede, Ehefra) Left_bar_bleue0/0Still Kickin (Kaede, Ehefra) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:03 pm

Huh.

"Not often ya see a dumpster inside another dumpster." She noted calmly, a hand resting on her hips as she watched Kaede tumble out of the trash with a computer in tow. Though still, seeing the reaction to her instantly caused her eyes to widen. "Wh-hey what the hell is with that reaction?!" She was a bit taken aback! She almost looked afraid!

Ah....right...

Her face flushed as she suddenly....remembered the last time they'd run into eachother. Her ..... uh...depression hole. Ah ok right that...that made sense. "Uh, right. Okay yea uh. Look just to put it out there, you uh...caught me at a bad time when we met. I'm sorry about uh...all that." Holy fuck this was suddenly awkward. Still, she looked at the computer the woman ahd fished out of the trash and raised a brow. "I see you took my advice to come to the city though. So ....thats cool. You wanna get something to eat?" She ventured. Attempting to regain a bit of her composure as her brain screamed at the memory of their meeting. Yea, she had been in her mess mode when that happened. Hopefully there was still a chance to turn that impression around.
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Still Kickin (Kaede, Ehefra) Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Still Kickin (Kaede, Ehefra) Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:16 pm

Kaede flinched again as Ehefra's eyes went wide, taken aback by her reaction. Instinctively, she scooted back only about an inch or so, a hand defensively going for the computer. She internally prayed and begged for Ehefra not to yell at her again, but, as she watched the other woman's face flush, the tenseness began to fade.

Slowly wrapping her arms around her legs, bringing them close to her chest, essentially cradling herself, Kaede peeked out from behind her knees as Ehefra apologized, saying she had caught her at a bad time. She didn't make any overt comment, just silently nodding from where she sat. It would explain the yelling -- at least, a little bit of it.

At the offer of a meal, as if on cue, Kaede's stomach audibly growled, causing her to shrink even more, mortified. Eventually though, she peeked out from behind herself again, looking from Ehefra to her scavenging results. She didn't know what to do. She didn't have a place to stay, and her backpack wasn't big enough to tote that around without it looking like she stole it.

"Um...I don't have anywhere to put this, a-and I don't have any money."

It seemed the both of them were trying to turn their impressions to the other around.

END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:34 pm

Ehefra smiled softly as Kaede peeked out from behind herself. Yea now she was remembering why she'd yelled. She'd been worried about a gal like this becoming a quincy, but she pushed that out of her mind for now, chuckling a bit as she rubbed the back of her neck. "That's fine. Cmon, we'll take this to my place for now. Then I can pay for the food." She confirmed softly. Seemed the girl was still poor. Something she intended to remedy for sure. But first, getting the gal some food, and probably cleaned up would do for now. Reminded of her previous intentions. Even when she'd been down in the dumps, she still had that instinct to look out for other people. It warmed her smile just a bit.

"Still, I'm glad you decided to come see the city. You're not exactly the only one I imagine. The city was attacked and a lot of people lost their homes. So there's actually quite a few tyhings currently in place to help people out. But more on that later. First lets get this thing somewhere you won't have to lug it around. You.... good with computers?" She ventured.

As a computer expert herself she was intrigued, surprised that she hadn't found this out before.
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:04 pm

Immediately, Kaede's eyes widened as Ehefra mentioned paying for the food, as well as taking the findings to her place. With a soft, but still enthusiastic nod, Kaede quickly shuffled around to get back to her feet, struggling to hold the desktop with one arm and putting the jacket on with the other. As she finished, she slung the backpack over her shoulder, holding onto the setup with both arms as she shivered from the cold.

As Ehefra mentioned some of the other things around the city, like a support system to help people out -- something she'd have to look into. Maybe she'd finally be able to have more than one night inside from the cold. But, in that, Kaede's look of hope was swiftly crushed. The city had been attacked? Was...was she safe here? Would it get attacked again?

She shivered again, not from the cold this time as she stumbled forward with her findings. Her fear was quickly moved aside as Ehefra asked about her skill with technology. She gave an awkward, half-hearted shrug in response.

"I mean...I guess. I mostly just like taking things apart and seeing what makes them work. Most people throw these things out when they come across any problem, so I just take 'em and try to fix 'em, or just scrap 'em for parts. Haven't been able to get stuff together to actually...use the parts, though."

END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:23 pm

She raised a brow at that. "That so? I guess you could say I'm similar in...some respects." Sure she didn't have to take things apart, but figuring out how things worked was one of the major things she enjoyed cataloguing. Itching her jawline, she watched as the girl got her stuff and carried the desktop. Hm. That right? Well, I could always help with that." She pointed out, resting a hand on her hip as she started to lead the way to the eastern section of the City. It wasn't too long of a walk and soon enough Kaede would be treated to the sight of Ehefra's home. It was a bit on the large side. Not quite a mansion, but it was a very big place to say the least. The work she did certainly got her a lot of money to work with. Especially since she made contributions beyond just the Vandenreich and worked alongside some others in the civillian side of things.

Ehefra led the girl right up to the door and Beeps, that mechanical little cube that always accompanied her, floated out of her jacket and promptly interfaced with the door, opening it as Ehefra led Kaede inside.

"Just a request. IF you could not take my stuff apart that'd be rad. If you want some shit to fiddle with, I ask you snag stuff from outside. Anywho, find a spot to park and I'll make something to eat. Any requests?"
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:40 am

She already knew that Ehefra was similar to her in the technology sphere, just by their first conversation, as well as the mere existence of her adorable little robot companion, Beeps. Even if the prior encounter had dissuaded her from wanting to take it apart, she still wanted to make something similar herself, if only just so she could hug a cute lil' robot that helped her out.

As she followed behind Ehefra, her eyes lit up at the thought of finally being able to utilize the parts she'd amassed from scrapping various thrown out electronics. But, her attention soon shifted to Ehefra's house. It was even bigger than the friggin' penthouse suite they stayed in before! How loaded was this girl!? A question that was only partially answered as her robot companion INTERACTED WITH THE DOOR AS THEY WALKED IN!

Seriously!?

"Uh...food. I'm...not super picky."

She found herself looking around, barely conscious of what was being told or asked of her. How could someone need all of this for a house?! This could house like, two whole families!

END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:45 pm

The reaction of Kaede wasn't something she noticed all that much, after all she was mostly focused on getting inside, and once they were, she perked her brows and gave a slight chuckle at the request. "Nothing in particular?" She chuckled lightly, resting a hand on her hip as she turned and looked to the woman. Hmmmm. Something fast then. She peeled her jacket off and tossed it over onto the couch. And well, once she got inside, she'd see why it was Ehefra's house was so big.

The place was full. A number of little cubes floated around and seemed to be performing tasks. Tidying up, most of them heading upstairs as a few more just remained inert and off to the side. There was a large number of books and the like lining the walls, as shelves seemed to be a popular feature in the home. Certainly more than had been in the past. Additionally, there were also just parts around. Portions of machines, sections of what looked like little gismos. Nothing very big, but some things that Ehefra had clearly just been messing with in her free time.

Of course there were normal spaces as well. A livingroom with a functionign entertainment system, a little table off to the side with a pile of board games. And of course a personal computer station.

All the same, a few moments later, Ehefra would come back in and offer a calm smile to the woman. "Got a Pizza in the oven. Go ahead and poot your little doohickey wherever ya like. I've got a few spare rooms if you think you'll need more space." She offered.
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:41 pm

Kaede's surprise didn't seem to be allowed to end as she walked in. While she didn't notice it at first, when she took a few steps to the side to set the system down, she stretched, before turning to look around at the inside of the house.

It almost looked like an automated friggin' warehouse. Her eyes went wide and her jaw dropped open a little as she watched the drones flying around. As she looked around, she spotted the pile of parts and had to fight the instinct to start playing with it. Rather, she went over to her scavenged system and started looking at it, quickly unscrewing the side panel, unsure of what to do with it right now.

But, that'd have to come later. She heard Ehefra's footsteps coming back into the room, and Kaede was quick to turn around and face her.

"Oh, t-thanks. I don't really know what to do with it right now, really. Honestly...I don't even know what to do with the stuff I already have."

She slid her backpack off, opening it and holding it out for her to see. A collection of various tech parts, big and small, as well as a few things that could only be described as "experiments," like a smartphone with some computer parts attached through several hairbands.

END POST
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum